COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Inside Llewyn Davis (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Last Action Hero (Blu-ray)
$5.19
Oldboy (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Ghostbusters 1 & 2 Double Pack (Blu-ray)
$19.96
Lilo & Stitch / Lilo & Stitch 2: Stitch Has a Glitch (Blu-ray)
$16.09
Sorcerer (Blu-ray)
$19.59
Pacific Rim (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Fantasista Doll: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$37.28
Jaws (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Batman: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$189.99
The Legend of Billie Jean (Blu-ray)
$5.19
Nymphomaniac: Volumes I and II (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Lake Placid (Blu-ray)
$18.99
World War Z 3D (Blu-ray)
$12.18
The Swimmer (Blu-ray)
$17.29
House of Cards: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Mr. Peabody & Sherman (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Sleepaway Camp (Blu-ray)
$18.99
Last Vegas (Blu-ray)
$12.98

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > United Kingdom and Ireland

Old 06-10-2009, 09:00 PM   #1
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2007
Nicosia, CY (EU)
United Kingdom Battlestar Galactica - Complete Series - UK BD

looks good yes?

Amazon UK is taking pre-orders for £117
rls date Sept 21 2009
[[ Official UK Slipcover Thread ]]
My Slipcovers collection as of August 5th Part One, Two and Three
Looking to buy these slips: BROTHERS GRIMM Canadian Lenticular, HOME ALONE 1+2 USA Slipbox, X-FILES 2, KILL BILL 2 Canadian Lenticular, Ghost US
Old 06-10-2009, 09:35 PM   #2
Blu-ray reviewer

Jul 2007
X
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by demiscy View Post

looks good yes?
Yes

Pro-B
Old 06-11-2009, 06:05 AM   #3
Power Member

Nov 2007
Slovenia (EU)

So it's releasing two months after the US release, but it'll cost me a lot less. Yeah, I think I can wait that long.
Sony Bravia 46V3000 (1080/24p); Playstation 4; Playstation 3 fat 60GB; Playstation 3 slim 160GB (upgraded to 320GB); PStwo; Focal Sib&Cub3; Denon AVR-X1000; Philips DVP5990 (1080p)
PSN ID: BigFoot74205
Old 06-11-2009, 07:42 AM   #4
Power Member

Jun 2008

A few questions regarding this set (because I'm contemplating picking this up over the more expensive US release) :
  • Is it region-free?
  • Is the content on the discs the same as the US release?
  • Does it also contain the Cylon figurine
  • Is this the final box layout or a temporary one?
Thanks in advance for anyone who would be able to answer this.
Old 06-11-2009, 11:15 AM   #5

Jul 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyo28 View Post
A few questions regarding this set (because I'm contemplating picking this up over the more expensive US release) :
  • Is it region-free?
  • Is the content on the discs the same as the US release?
  • Does it also contain the Cylon figurine
  • Is this the final box layout or a temporary one?
Thanks in advance for anyone who would be able to answer this.
Its a universal release so yes it will be region free. As for the rest still awaiting details. Either way I am getting the UK version and possibly the price might drop a little bit more before getting released. Amazon and play have done it on quite a few of their blu-rays.

Last edited by stargazeruk; 06-11-2009 at 11:20 AM.
Old 06-11-2009, 01:24 PM   #6
Power Member

Jan 2009
Midcoast Maine, USA Blu-ray SteelBooks™: 112

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFoot View Post
So it's releasing two months after the US release, but it'll cost me a lot less. Yeah, I think I can wait that long.
+1. I'm in for this UK set.
Old 06-11-2009, 01:53 PM   #7
Palisades Tartan

Nov 2008
Buckinghamshire, U.K.

I'm in for the UK set as long as they used the same BD masters from the US edition to ensure greater content than on the UK DVDs. Price and packaging are also nice - great news for us UK Region-B buyers.
Hugh K. David
UK Media Consultant - Palisades Tartan
Industry Insider & Professional Geek

N.B. In this forum, I am free to express my own personal opinions, as well as to discuss the views and positions of my employers. I will make divisions between the two clear to other members when I post.
Old 06-11-2009, 03:27 PM   #8

Jun 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyo28 View Post
[*]Does it also contain the Cylon figurine
Based on this image, no.

And unless the packaging is not final, it seems the Blu ray set has some different features than the dvd set. The rating for the dvd set is 15 whereas the blu is 18.
Old 06-11-2009, 05:39 PM   #9
Super Moderator

Jan 2006

Ha ha it looks like a fridge.
Old 06-11-2009, 05:54 PM   #10
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2008

I'd hate to try and get that undamaged through the post. Not happening, lol!
Old 06-12-2009, 04:28 PM   #11
Palisades Tartan

Nov 2008
Buckinghamshire, U.K.

Different rating definitely suggests different materials - well spotted Psicon. As you say, depends on the accuracy of the packaging image. Oh well, I'll keep my fingers crossed for the content, but even on price it's got the US set beat - the tin looks potentially sturdier, and I'm really not bothered by the lack of a figurine.
Hugh K. David

N.B. In this forum, I am free to express my own personal opinions, as well as to discuss the views and positions of my employers. I will make divisions between the two clear to other members when I post.
Old 06-12-2009, 05:50 PM   #12

Aug 2007
London
Default 18 certificate

For the sake of £35 difference (approx) between the US and UK set, I don't think I can wait 2 months for the UK one. I'm just a bit concerned that the UK version is an 18 certificate, do people think that both sets will be the same. Would universal release 2 different sets for different regions?
Old 06-12-2009, 07:45 PM   #13
Palisades Tartan

Nov 2008
Buckinghamshire, U.K.

The only reason to release two different sets would be to avoid paying more money to the BBFC to certify content not already released in the UK. In the case of BSG, this could be quite costly because of the number of commentaries not included on the first set or two, as well as some featurettes. However, Universal will have weighed that against the cost of having to make their own master over here - I suspect using the US master and paying the extra to the BBFC is almost certainly less, and they will have opted for it, meaning we will get the same extras here as in the US.

It would also allow their marketing department to describe those extras as "Blu-ray" exclusives.

If I see/hear anything in the industry press, I'll post it here, but there's not been anything so far other than the actual announcements of the release.
Hugh K. David

Old 06-12-2009, 07:51 PM   #14
Palisades Tartan

Nov 2008
Buckinghamshire, U.K.

Plus, the difference will be £35 PLUS Customs and Post Office additional charges - it could end up being as much as £50 total difference between the two.

And yes, I know not everyone gets stung for the extra charges every time, but over the last year I've paid them on every single item that is larger than a single DVD or Blu - that's £14-16 every single time. Oh well.

It does look like a fridge or mini-safe, doesn't it? I suspect it's from MetalPak, as the design looks remarkably like the tin they did for Manga Entertainment's Ghost in the Shell: Standalone Complex 2nd Gig complete series. They make good, solid tins - I've only ever seen maybe one in every couple of hundred suffer damage, and then only due to poor handling or packing in shipping.
Hugh K. David

Old 06-12-2009, 08:09 PM   #15

Aug 2007
London

So. if we assume we get the same set as US . I wonder what's on it that makes it an 18 certificate .
Old 06-13-2009, 01:07 PM   #16
Special Member

Apr 2008
Sweden

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladelia View Post
For the sake of £35 difference (approx) between the US and UK set, I don't think I can wait 2 months for the UK one.
Good luck getting it through customs. With a package that size and that expensive you're pretty much guaranteed VAT and extra charges. In the end the difference will likely be over £60.
Old 06-13-2009, 01:36 PM   #17
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2007
Nicosia, CY (EU)

I have a feeling the webisodes are present in the BD..

That's why the 18 rating..
[[ Official UK Slipcover Thread ]]
My Slipcovers collection as of August 5th Part One, Two and Three
Looking to buy these slips: BROTHERS GRIMM Canadian Lenticular, HOME ALONE 1+2 USA Slipbox, X-FILES 2, KILL BILL 2 Canadian Lenticular, Ghost US
Old 06-13-2009, 05:35 PM   #18

Oct 2007

I wonder if the UK release will have the UK music for Season One. If it does, and the US release doesn't (assuming everything else is the same), I'll go with the UK version.
Old 06-15-2009, 11:06 AM   #19

Jun 2009
South of England
Send a message via MSN to stevoo7

Placed my order on Amazon ,cant wait
Old 06-15-2009, 11:52 AM   #20

Feb 2007

Given Heroes UK releases, I think its more likely the UK will get the exact same discs as the US release. Who knows though. Just don't anyone be disappointed if we do.

And I'm sure we can whistle in the wind for an official press release from Universal Playback.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > United Kingdom and Ireland