Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
My Big Fat Greek Wedding (Blu-ray)
$6.98
Frozen Planet (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Hugo (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Slap Shot (Blu-ray)
$9.96
The Spectacular Spider-Man: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Devil's Due (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Simpsons: The Sixteenth Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Uncle Buck (Blu-ray)
$6.96
8-Film Action Collection (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Seven (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Grease (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Fairy Tail: Part 8 (Blu-ray)
$26.99
Somewhere in Time (Blu-ray)
$10.49
Mallrats (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Psycho-Pass: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$96.32
High School of the Dead OVA: Drifters of the Dead (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Far and Away (Blu-ray)
$10.49
Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome (Blu-ray)
$11.98
Godzilla (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Old 12-22-2013, 05:26 AM   #361
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2007
Utah

My wife bought this for me for Christmas. I know there are two movies. ... The Plan and Razor (I think).

Where do these fit into the series and are they needed? This isa blind but for me. I've only seen the first 3 episodes of season 1.
Blind Buy Count: 213
PSN ID: cvm0305

Sometimes we hear of people who are “very” honest, “mostly” honest, or even “a little” honest.
Should we even use modifiers with the word honest? I don’t believe so. There are no degrees of honesty. Either we are honest or we aren't.
Old 12-22-2013, 05:40 AM   #362

Sep 2009
Central Coast, NSW, Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvm View Post
My wife bought this for me for Christmas. I know there are two movies. ... The Plan and Razor (I think).

Where do these fit into the series and are they needed? This isa blind but for me. I've only seen the first 3 episodes of season 1.
Razor is in the correct order in the set and sits between seasons 3 & 4.

The Plan jumps around time-wise. Suffice to say this should only be watched after you've finished the rest of the episodes. Personally, despite being a MASSIVE Battlestar Galactica fan I feel that The Plan is superfluous and in actual fact doesn't really add anything much to the overall series. I recommend viewing it as a curiosity, nothing more.
LATEST FOR SALE ITEMS:
Frozen: Collector's Edition (US BD/DVD/DC with slip) $17, Little Mermaid: Diamond Edition (US BD/DVD with slip) $15, Epic (US BD/DVD/UV) $10.
All new/sealed. Prices include shipping anywhere in Australia!

--| Sale/Trade thread - Steels & regular Blus! ...big update January 8! |--
Old 12-22-2013, 05:59 AM   #363

Jun 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFist View Post
It would be $46.28 for me as I am in the U.S. (I am really trying resist spending any more money... so get thee behind me temptation! I rebuke thee! )
This is an entire four seasons of one of the greatest TV shows of the 2000's, for roughly $11 a season. Do it!
Old 12-22-2013, 06:18 AM   #364

Jun 2013

Quote:

The movies are completely non-essential to the series. They pretty much act as interesting little stand-alone features which fill in the gaps of the story (gaps which a lot of the time didn't need to be filled). Razor is placed between seasons 3 and 4 which is where it works best, and The Plan is something that if watched, would have to be watched after you've completed the entire series.
Old 12-22-2013, 07:58 AM   #365

Oct 2011
Nottingham, England.

I disagree, I think The Plan is pretty essential if you are a fan.
Preordered: * Gravity 3D/2D * Saving Mr Banks * Frozen US Release *
Old 12-22-2013, 09:26 AM   #366

Sep 2009
Central Coast, NSW, Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedCellUK View Post
Essential? It does nothing to further the plot. Save for a few scenes all it does is to provide bookends to existing scenes through flashbacks or give us happenings already seen in the series from the perspective of a different character.

Although there are a couple of cool moments the problem is that after touting all the way through the series that
[Show spoiler]"they have a plan" what we actually find out is that they ditched it when it didn't work and made it up as they went along
. So it's basically a clip show that undermines the storytelling of the rest of the series.

I think of it as similar to one of those sequels to a popular film which happens to pull back the curtain and reveal secrets that you suddenly find out were better off not knowing. In this case I think a lack of knowledge of the behind the scenes workings of "The Plan" actually strengthen the series.
LATEST FOR SALE ITEMS:
Frozen: Collector's Edition (US BD/DVD/DC with slip) $17, Little Mermaid: Diamond Edition (US BD/DVD with slip) $15, Epic (US BD/DVD/UV) $10.
All new/sealed. Prices include shipping anywhere in Australia!

--| Sale/Trade thread - Steels & regular Blus! ...big update January 8! |--
Old 12-22-2013, 12:16 PM   #367
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2007
Utah

Quote:
Originally Posted by atexp80 View Post
Razor is in the correct order in the set and sits between seasons 3 & 4.

The Plan jumps around time-wise. Suffice to say this should only be watched after you've finished the rest of the episodes. Personally, despite being a MASSIVE Battlestar Galactica fan I feel that The Plan is superfluous and in actual fact doesn't really add anything much to the overall series. I recommend viewing it as a curiosity, nothing more.
SO Razer comes in this set and the Plan I need to buy separately?

Sometimes we hear of people who are “very” honest, “mostly” honest, or even “a little” honest.
Should we even use modifiers with the word honest? I don’t believe so. There are no degrees of honesty. Either we are honest or we aren't.
Old 12-22-2013, 12:46 PM   #368
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2010
UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedCellUK View Post
The Plan is really non-essential if you ask me - I sold my steelbook on straight after watching it, waste of time. A bit like the end of the whole series actually! Its a shame that Battlestar Galactica loses it in the final series.
Panasonic TX-P50GT60
Panasonic DMR-EX79
Sony BDP-E870
Old 12-22-2013, 12:54 PM   #369

Jun 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDiGriz View Post
The Plan is really non-essential if you ask me - I sold my steelbook on straight after watching it, waste of time. A bit like the end of the whole series actually! Its a shame that Battlestar Galactica loses it in the final series.
Maybe I'm in the minority but I never really agreed that BSG lost it in it's last season. If anything I think the the middle third of season 3 is the one point of the series where it felt a little aimless.
Old 12-22-2013, 02:54 PM   #370
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2010
London, UK

You could watch 'The Plan' after 'No Exit' from season 4 and it wouldn't give anything away. Usually I'd be in favour of watching it as intended at the end but it's really one of the weakest 'episodes' and I'm not sure I'd recommend having that as your 'final' episode of BSG.
Old 12-22-2013, 03:15 PM   #371
Special Member

Apr 2013
United Kingdom

I don't think The Plan is essential. Far from it. That being said, personally I'd still watch it. What you get is basically what you already know to have happened anyway, but a lot of which was off-camera. It's good contextual stuff, nothing more.

Re the final season - no you're not alone. I enjoyed it too. If the series lagged anywhere, for me, it was the New Caprica arc. Didn't really do a great deal for me tbh.
I aim to misbehave.....

Pre-orders: The 'Burbs SB, Arrow S2, Revolution S2, The Following S2, Alice in Wonderland SB, Gurren Lagann UE, Evangelion 3.33, Guilty Crown Vol 2, Shinkai Doublepack, Space Dandy
Old 12-22-2013, 03:20 PM   #372
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2013
Germany

Quote:
Originally Posted by CouncilSpectre View Post

Re the final season - no you're not alone. I enjoyed it too. If the series lagged anywhere, for me, it was the New Caprica arc. Didn't really do a great deal for me tbh.
i liked the final season as well, ending was pretty good as well !
the Razor was a "OK" movie. the plan was more or less only cut scenes etc.
blood and chrome was pretty good..
Old 12-22-2013, 03:29 PM   #373
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2007
Utah

Do these movies come with the this or do I need to buy them separately?

Old 12-22-2013, 03:38 PM   #374
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2013
Germany

this boxset comes with the movie "the razor" the US boxset has the movie "the plan" as well. if you are gonna get the UK set you have to buy the plan and blood and chrome seperatly

and before you have watched all seasons do not read the booklet ! massive spoiler in there
Old 12-22-2013, 03:40 PM   #375
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2010
Wales

Quote:
Do these movies come with the this or do I need to buy them separately?
Blood & Chrome and Caprica? Their separate releases (I think Caprica is a French only release). Razor is part of the set. I wouldn't worry about The Plan until you've watched the set.

"Sometimes it scares me how far away my brain is." DC
"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." AE
''I have no idea what Hammer Time is. Or how it differs from regular time.'' DM
Old 12-22-2013, 03:41 PM   #376
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2013
Germany

caprica is a french release with a 1080i50hz transfer. so better check out if your player is able to play such content.
Old 12-22-2013, 03:42 PM   #377
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2010
Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mansinthe View Post
caprica is a french release with a 1080i50hz transfer. so better check out if your player is able to play such content.
It's region B locked too!
"Sometimes it scares me how far away my brain is." DC
"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." AE
''I have no idea what Hammer Time is. Or how it differs from regular time.'' DM
Old 12-22-2013, 04:23 PM   #378
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2007
Utah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mansinthe View Post
this boxset comes with the movie "the razor" the US boxset has the movie "the plan" as well. if you are gonna get the UK set you have to buy the plan and blood and chrome seperatly

and before you have watched all seasons do not read the booklet ! massive spoiler in there
I did buy the uk release, or rather my wife did for me for Christmas.
I just need to pick up the plan and blood and Chrome.

Where did blood and Chrome take place?

Is it beat to watch razor between season 3 and 4 out just watch it after the series?

Old 12-22-2013, 04:28 PM   #379
Special Member

Apr 2013
United Kingdom

Blood & Chrome is a prequel - I'd watch it after the series through.
I aim to misbehave.....

Pre-orders: The 'Burbs SB, Arrow S2, Revolution S2, The Following S2, Alice in Wonderland SB, Gurren Lagann UE, Evangelion 3.33, Guilty Crown Vol 2, Shinkai Doublepack, Space Dandy
Old 12-22-2013, 04:31 PM   #380
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2013
Germany

Quote:

Is it beat to watch razor between season 3 and 4 out just watch it after the series?
i did watch the razor after the series. and blood and chrome was the last thing i watched. its a prequel and it does spoiler nothing really but it doesnt make much sense to watch it without having seen the series...

so i would start with the series.. watch razor after the series and if you wanna see more of the stuff what happend in the series i would get "the plan".
the plan doesnt acutally add much to the series or the story.

blood and chrome is a really fun prequel. decent story and nice action.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > United Kingdom and Ireland