Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Willow (Blu-ray)
$9.96
James Cameron's Deepsea Challenge 3D (Blu-ray)
$15.89
John Carter (Blu-ray)
$9.96
28 Days Later / 28 Weeks Later (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Mad Men: The Final Season, Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Attack on Titan Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Hentai Prince & the Stony Cat: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$32.99
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods (Blu-ray)
$20.19
Chucky: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$31.76
Star Trek: The Compendium (Blu-ray)
$24.96
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$54.99
Psycho (Blu-ray)
$10.98
Game of Thrones - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$34.99
Fairy Tail: Part 11 (Blu-ray)
$31.69
Minority Report (Blu-ray)
$7.88
Masterpiece: Downton Abbey Seasons 1 - 4 (Blu-ray)
$44.99
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED
Old 07-15-2009, 06:10 AM   #1
Special Member

Jan 2009
Portland, OR
Send a message via AIM to fiveseven4combat Send a message via Yahoo to fiveseven4combat
Default X-Men box set vs. single releases.

Interesting note for those debating on the singles or the box set, I just recently picked up the single releases of X-Men and X2 (I am a die hard collector, LOL. I will get a box set and it's single releases. Also, I might pick up a US version and an import if I like the cover better) and I noticed that they don't include the digital copy. Hope that was helpful.
Old 07-15-2009, 06:12 AM   #2
Blu-ray King

Feb 2009
Panem
Send a message via AIM to Darth Anakin Send a message via Yahoo to Darth Anakin

The singles have movie cash but no digital copies. The box set has digital copies and only one or no movie cash. That's pretty much the only difference, I think.
Cowboys fan cautiously hoping for the best
My twitter - terribleomens19
Old 07-15-2009, 06:14 AM   #3
Special Member

Jan 2009
Portland, OR
Send a message via AIM to fiveseven4combat Send a message via Yahoo to fiveseven4combat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine1980 View Post
The singles have movie cash but no digital copies. The box set has digital copies and only one or no movie cash. That's pretty much the only difference, I think.
Yeah I got movie cash for Ice Age 3 in the 2 singles that I picked up.
Old 07-15-2009, 09:47 AM   #4
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2009

I picked up the first two for $19 a piece. No way in hell I'm buying X3.

Fantastic BD's by the way.
Old 07-15-2009, 12:18 PM   #5
Special Member

Mar 2009
Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by june10mckay View Post
Interesting note for those debating on the singles or the box set, I just recently picked up the single releases of X-Men and X2 (I am a die hard collector, LOL. I will get a box set and it's single releases. Also, I might pick up a US version and an import if I like the cover better) and I noticed that they don't include the digital copy. Hope that was helpful.
So you are a lottery winner or something..i can barley afford to get the blurays i want..then again i have a really crappy job..lol
Old 07-15-2009, 12:23 PM   #6
Power Member

May 2009
Florida

You know out of the 100+ blu's I have I never used the digital copy from any movie. I also never used the movie cash because I always see captions on new movie stating they do not take specials passes or coupons so I just throw them out. Is there a time period from when a movie is released in the theaters before items like movie cash can be used? Maybe I should just give them away?
"Do you know what it's like to fall in the mud and get kicked... in the head... with an iron boot? Of course you don't, no one does. It never happens. Sorry, Ted, that's a dumb question... skip that."
Old 07-15-2009, 12:32 PM   #7

Nov 2008
Ontario, Canada

I picked up X2 and X3 used for a combined total of $25, and thanks to the "Save Green, Go Blu" event at HMV Canada, completed the trilogy by getting X-Men for $22, but with the $10 rebate I check I got for that Paramount Blu-ray upgrade offer, used it towards the cost of the $22, so I pretty much paid $12 on my own.

I'd never use the movie cash (which X-Men did come with since it was new) and I never use digital copies, so that's no loss.

Finally got the trilogy itself, and that's enough!

Last edited by NL197; 07-15-2009 at 12:34 PM.
Old 07-15-2009, 12:35 PM   #8
Expert Member

Dec 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphinc View Post
You know out of the 100+ blu's I have I never used the digital copy from any movie. I also never used the movie cash because I always see captions on new movie stating they do not take specials passes or coupons so I just throw them out. Is there a time period from when a movie is released in the theaters before items like movie cash can be used? Maybe I should just give them away?
There is a time period you can use them but it's usually pretty long. I just saw Wolverine two weeks ago using one. If I were you I'd do the research--you can usually use them at most movie theaters--all you have to do is log in on line and enter your zip and it will tell you the theaters near you that accept. I've never had an issue finding one. If it's a movie you're interested in, IMO you're doing yourself a disservice by not looking into it more.
Old 07-15-2009, 12:36 PM   #9
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2007
BC, Canada

Quote:
As far as I've ever been able to tell, these don't count as those passes you can't use. I'm not even sure what does to be honest, but I've never once had trouble using movie cash, regardless of how new a movie is.

Also, why wouldn't you just give the code to someone on the forum instead of simply throwing it out?
Old 07-15-2009, 12:39 PM   #10
Power Member

May 2009
Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by makaveli21 View Post
There is a time period you can use them but it's usually pretty long. I just saw Wolverine two weeks ago using one. If I were you I'd do the research--you can usually use them at most movie theaters--all you have to do is log in on line and enter your zip and it will tell you the theaters near you that accept. I've never had an issue finding one. If it's a movie you're interested in, IMO you're doing yourself a disservice by not looking into it more.
Yeah, I will look into it but the closest theater to me is a Regal 12 Superplex which is only 3 miles from my house and they have the stadium type seating. They seem pretty tough on their policies, thatís why I usually just ditch them.
"Do you know what it's like to fall in the mud and get kicked... in the head... with an iron boot? Of course you don't, no one does. It never happens. Sorry, Ted, that's a dumb question... skip that."
Old 07-15-2009, 12:41 PM   #11
Power Member

May 2009
Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by bajor27 View Post
As far as I've ever been able to tell, these don't count as those passes you can't use. I'm not even sure what does to be honest, but I've never once had trouble using movie cash, regardless of how new a movie is.

Also, why wouldn't you just give the code to someone on the forum instead of simply throwing it out?
The digital copy code? If so, sure anyone can have it. I wasn't sure I could do that, I didn't want to get banned or anything.
Old 07-15-2009, 01:08 PM   #12
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2007
BC, Canada

Quote:
The digital copy code? If so, sure anyone can have it. I wasn't sure I could do that, I didn't want to get banned or anything.
Not sure about sharing Digital Copies. I don't personally see anything wrong with it as someone paid for it, and only one person can use it. I think they would need the disc anyway though.

I was referring to the movie cash though. If you aren't going to use it, I know other members here would gladly take it. I've given my US movie cash away before on a couple of imports since I can't use it. Had no problems as far as forum rules go.

But as I mentioned, they don't seem to count movie cash as those passes that can't be used on certain movies. As far as I can tell, they work just like gift certificates. With that information, you may want to try using them yourself.

To keep this post slightly on topic, I'll throw in that the UK X-men releases contain a PiP track which the US releases don't. For some reason I think they might use different (higher bitrate) video encodes as well, but don't quote me on that. I'd reccomend anyone pick up a UK copy of the trilogy if they don't care about movie cash or digital copies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by makaveli21 View Post
The time period on the X-men cash is unusually long because it was designed for 3 different movies (although you should be able to use it on any movie you want). The time period for most movie cash has been much shorter from my experience though.

Last edited by bajor27; 07-15-2009 at 01:10 PM.
Old 07-15-2009, 01:25 PM   #13
Power Member

May 2009
Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by bajor27 View Post
Not sure about sharing Digital Copies. I don't personally see anything wrong with it as someone paid for it, and only one person can use it. I think they would need the disc anyway though.

I was referring to the movie cash though. If you aren't going to use it, I know other members here would gladly take it. I've given my US movie cash away before on a couple of imports since I can't use it. Had no problems as far as forum rules go.

But as I mentioned, they don't seem to count movie cash as those passes that can't be used on certain movies. As far as I can tell, they work just like gift certificates. With that information, you may want to try using them yourself.

To keep this post slightly on topic, I'll throw in that the UK X-men releases contain a PiP track which the US releases don't. For some reason I think they might use different (higher bitrate) video encodes as well, but don't quote me on that. I'd reccomend anyone pick up a UK copy of the trilogy if they don't care about movie cash or digital copies.

The time period on the X-men cash is unusually long because it was designed for 3 different movies (although you should be able to use it on any movie you want). The time period for most movie cash has been much shorter from my experience though.
Honestly if someone here can use the movie cash I am glad to give it to them. I work a lot so I may make it to the movies 2 maybe 3 times a year.

Is there a specific forum that I can post them to as I obtain them?
Thanks.
Old 07-15-2009, 03:28 PM   #14
Power Member

Oct 2008
Scranton, PA, USA

Movie cash does not fall under the "No Passes" policy. It's an exception as the theater still gets the money. It's not really a free pass per se, just the studio covering the ticket price for you. In fact, it states right on the Movie Cash that it will still work for movies labeled "No Passes".

EDIT: Yeah, what bajor27 said!

Last edited by Ator the Invincible; 07-15-2009 at 03:31 PM.
Old 04-07-2010, 05:17 PM   #15

May 2009
NC, USA

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but the discussion kind of sidetracked onto movie cash and I wanted a little more info. I'm looking at getting the trilogy in one version or the other. I'd like to have the digital copies, but the single-disc versions are a lot cheaper to obtain. Gandalf Stormcrow noted that:

Quote:
"The singles have movie cash but no digital copies. The box set has digital copies and only one or no movie cash."
That's really the only difference between the boxed set and the singles as far as anyone can tell? No major P/Q or A/Q quality differences? Thanks for any feedback.
| My Collection (462 titles and counting)
| Nobody who can think should ever be forced into a situation that bores them. ~Eric Steven Raymond
Old 04-07-2010, 06:05 PM   #16

Mar 2010
Brazil

I believe the best deal is the UK boxed set "X-Men Quadrilogy":

http://www.amazon.co.uk/X-Men-Quadri...dp/B002DWAYSG/
Old 04-08-2010, 02:53 PM   #17

May 2009
NC, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th-beatle View Post
I believe the best deal is the UK boxed set "X-Men Quadrilogy":

http://www.amazon.co.uk/X-Men-Quadri...dp/B002DWAYSG/
Thanks for the link, that's a pretty good deal at roughly $12 USD per title. I do already have Wolverine, though. Any thoughts on the differences between the US box set and single releases, quality or feature-wise? After searching more, it appears that the set is just the singles stuck into a cardboard sleeve, right?
| My Collection (462 titles and counting)
| Nobody who can think should ever be forced into a situation that bores them. ~Eric Steven Raymond
Old 04-08-2010, 10:27 PM   #18
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2009
New York

I bought the Box Set couples months back,
I didnt even know it had DC for each film.It was worth it
Old 04-08-2010, 11:20 PM   #19
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2010
Dallas, TX

Since the outer box and the digital-copy discs are the only major difference, i think i may buy them separately, if the total cost of all 3 isn't that far off from the collection.
"The cost of a thing is the amount of life which is required to be exchanged for it." ~Henry David Thoreau~
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America