COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Marilyn Monroe: Classic Nine-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$34.99
Halloween: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$109.99
Spartacus: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$80.76
Snowpiercer (Blu-ray)
$14.96
The Doctor and the Devils (Blu-ray)
$8.99
Defiance: Season Two (Blu-ray)
$37.99
30 Minutes or Less (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Spartacus: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$70.66
Stargate: The Ark of Truth / Continuum (Blu-ray)
$16.19
Arrow: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$39.99
Titanic 3D (Blu-ray)
$16.35
Zodiac (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods (Blu-ray)
$24.99
The Ring (Blu-ray)
$9.99
The Legend of Korra - Book One: Air (Blu-ray)
$14.22
Congo (Blu-ray)
$10.99
Cold in July (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Justice League: War (Blu-ray)
$9.99
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug (Blu-ray)
$19.96

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 07-18-2009, 10:49 PM   #1

Apr 2009
Default How I Met Your Mother - Season Four

This is my first thread on this website and I searched the forum and couldn't find a thread for this release, so if there is already one I apologize my fellow Blu-Ray fanatics.

How I Met Your Mother: Season Four Blu-ray

Out of all of the comedy show I watched this TV season (The Office, 30 Rock, and How I Met Your Mother), HIMYM was the funniest, I'd say. It was truly a terrific season and probably the best season yet. I've never owned a season of HIMYM before but I'm definitely going to be buying this.

Last edited by Deciazulado; 12-03-2012 at 12:33 AM.
Old 07-18-2009, 11:24 PM   #2
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2008
UK

Thanks for the news, buddy.

It just feels so wrong if I have the first three seasons on DVD and this one on Blu... what to do, what to do.
Old 07-19-2009, 12:49 AM   #3
Expert Member

Jan 2009
Chicago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kynch View Post

It just feels so wrong if I have the first three seasons on DVD and this one on Blu... what to do, what to do.
get the blu ray.

eventually the others will be released into blu as well. though i agree, it is going to be strange having the recent seasons of It's Always Sunny, The Office, Scrubs, and HIMYM on Blu ray while the rest of the series is only dvd (for now)
My 10 Favorite TV Current TV Shows:
1) Parks and Rec 2) Sherlock 3) Chuck 4) Castle 5) Dexter 6) Doctor Who 7) The Office 8) psych 9) MADMEN 10) modern family

My 10 Favorite Retired TV Shows:
1) Firefly 2) Scrubs 3) Arrested Development 4) Buffy the Vampire Slayer 5) Angel 6) Lost 7) Veronica Mars 8) Monk 9) Seinfeld 10) Alias
Old 07-19-2009, 12:59 AM   #4

May 2009
Dallas, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kynch View Post

I'm in the same boat..but definitely picking this one up on blu.
Old 07-19-2009, 02:01 AM   #5
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2007
CT, US

Defintiely picking it up.

I wouldnt call it the funniest out of the shows on this past season, but defintiely a great show in it's own right.

I got into the show in season 2, so I wont miss season one, but would love to see 2 & 3 released at somepoint.

Slap Bet and Slapsgiving in hi def? SOLD
Old 08-25-2009, 08:24 PM   #6
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2009
Home of N'Sync and the Backstreet Boys

For awhile, I thought I'd pounce on this on the release date.

Been re-watching Season 4 over the summer, though, and man it's pretty crappy. Not only do the two girls look terrible when they're in it (they're pregnant, I know, but still), the "funny" just isn't that funny.

We were spoiled with Seasons 2 and 3.
The artist formerly known as O_V_N.
Old 08-25-2009, 10:35 PM   #7

Jan 2009
Boston, MA

JUst got into this show. Flew through season 1 and 2. Love it! First day pick up for me.
Old 05-28-2010, 01:22 AM   #8
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2009
Oklahoma

I'm having problems with the third disc on this one. I'm using my updated PS3 and when I put the disc it goes to a black screen, sometimes goes to the blu-ray loading times screen, but then just goes back to the XMB.

It works find on my dad's Samsung player and the other discs in the season work fine on my PS3 and my dad's player. Any ideas what might be causing this or has anyone else had this problem?
YNWA.

Don't point that gun at him, he's an unpaid intern.
Old 06-13-2010, 01:36 AM   #9

Jun 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace17 View Post
I'm having problems with the third disc on this one. I'm using my updated PS3 and when I put the disc it goes to a black screen, sometimes goes to the blu-ray loading times screen, but then just goes back to the XMB.

It works find on my dad's Samsung player and the other discs in the season work fine on my PS3 and my dad's player. Any ideas what might be causing this or has anyone else had this problem?
I have exact same problem on ps3 ( i have 120gb slim). The disc one sometimes doesn't load. They way I go around is, keep pressing the R1 R2 and x button. It usually works and I can watch the episodes.
Old 06-13-2010, 02:24 AM   #10
Special Member

Dec 2008
Winnipeg, Manitoba

Quote:

I heard it has something to due with the PS3 and connecting to BD-Live. Disable your internet and it should work fine.
Samsung 55" LCD, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Oppo BDP-83, Toshiba HD-AX2, Pioneer DVL-700, Pioneer RFD-1, Onkyo TX-NR808, HTPC
Old 06-29-2010, 07:42 PM   #11
Power Member

Oct 2008
Land Of Lincoln, USA Blu-ray SteelBooks™ (99)

I can't get disc 1 to load. I tried the r1 r2 x and I disabled the internet even though I don't have it connected to the internet. Disc 2 loaded fine and I watched that disc with no problem. I have ps3 40gb.
Old 06-29-2010, 07:47 PM   #12
Power Member

Oct 2008

Disc 3 works fine too.
Old 07-02-2010, 08:21 PM   #13
Power Member

Oct 2008

anyone?
Old 07-06-2010, 06:27 AM   #14
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2009
Oklahoma

I put disc 1 in again yesterday after updating my ps3 to 3.40 and it played fine. But I don't know if that was a one-time thing or not. Did you update? Before I updated I tried disconnecting internet and it still didn't work but I had not tried the R1/R2/X thing.
YNWA.

Old 07-07-2010, 04:41 AM   #15
Power Member

Oct 2008

Quote:
I put disc 1 in again yesterday after updating my ps3 to 3.40 and it played fine. But I don't know if that was a one-time thing or not. Did you update? Before I updated I tried disconnecting internet and it still didn't work but I had not tried the R1/R2/X thing.
I haven't done the latest update. After I get a chance to update, I will see if it will work then.
Old 07-08-2010, 04:42 PM   #16

Nov 2007

strange there hasn´t been a annoucement for season 5 only for dvd
Old 07-08-2010, 04:46 PM   #17
3D Moderator

Jul 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by p.glover View Post
I'm a little ticked off at Fox about this. They put out Mother Season 4 on Blu but they aren't releasing the 5th season. Yet they are putting out The Simpsons and Sunny in Philidelphia seasons that are upscales...they aren't even in true 1080p. I wish that they would just release S5. I understand the costs are high, but I really wish studios would commit to releasing all seasons going forward.
3D TV: Panasonic TC-P58VT25 | RECEIVER: Onkyo TX-SR708 Network 3D Receiver | BLU-RAY: Sony BDP-S780 w 2D to 3D conversion + 120 GB PS3 SLIM w/500GB Hard Drive Mod | DirecTV HD HR-24 3D Receiver | Mac Mini
SPEAKERS: Front - 2 Klipsch WF-34 Cabernet / Rears 4 Klipsch VS-14's / Klipsch WC-24 Center / Klipsch Sub SW-450
Old 07-08-2010, 04:48 PM   #18
Blu-ray Baron

Nov 2007
Iowa

Quote:
Originally Posted by p.glover View Post
Odds are it's not coming to Blu-ray since the official announcement only mentioned DVD. Usually if there is a Blu-ray it is announced at the same time as the DVD, although that isn't always the case, as NCIS LA was announced on DVD first and later Blu-ray. Sales of season 4 probably weren't good enough to merit a season 5 Blu-ray.
Old 07-08-2010, 05:23 PM   #19
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2009
Oklahoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guypictures View Post
I'm a little ticked off at Fox about this. They put out Mother Season 4 on Blu but they aren't releasing the 5th season. Yet they are putting out The Simpsons and Sunny in Philidelphia seasons that are upscales...they aren't even in true 1080p. I wish that they would just release S5. I understand the costs are high, but I really wish studios would commit to releasing all seasons going forward.
I thought Sunny was actually in HD this season? The Christmas special was an upscale though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatediesel View Post
Odds are it's not coming to Blu-ray since the official announcement only mentioned DVD. Usually if there is a Blu-ray it is announced at the same time as the DVD, although that isn't always the case, as NCIS LA was announced on DVD first and later Blu-ray. Sales of season 4 probably weren't good enough to merit a season 5 Blu-ray.
I was going to come in here and say I thought it wasn't official yet, but then I figured I should check one more time before doing so and saw the official announcement.

Bullshit.

I'm not buying Season 5 unless its Blu-ray. DVD versions after releasing a BD season is just absolute rubbish.
YNWA.

Old 07-11-2010, 04:27 AM   #20
Power Member

Oct 2008

I did the latest PS3 update and disc 1 still does not work.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America