Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Kingpin (Blu-ray)
$14.39
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$55.95
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Willow (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Mad Men: The Final Season, Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Star Trek: The Compendium (Blu-ray)
$24.96
28 Days Later / 28 Weeks Later (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Attack on Titan Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$24.95
Red Cliff Part I & II (Blu-ray)
$13.39
Masterpiece: Downton Abbey Seasons 1 - 4 (Blu-ray)
$44.99
Ghostbusters 1 & 2 (Blu-ray)
$15.91
Psycho (Blu-ray)
$10.98
Chucky: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$31.99
John Carter (Blu-ray)
$9.96
The Tim Burton Collection (Blu-ray)
$26.49
James Cameron's Deepsea Challenge 3D (Blu-ray)
$15.89
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED
Old 07-25-2009, 01:02 AM   #1

Jul 2009
Default LG BD390 Internet Issues

Hey everyone, I am SUPER new at blu-ray and just bought the LG BD390 today. Everything works great except I can't seem to the get the internet connection to work. Wired or wireless.

The weird thing is, is I run through the setup for both, and both come back telling me I'm connected to the internet but when I try and update the firmware or connect to YouTube. It comes back with a network problem.

My internet is through the apartment I live at and on a normal computer requires you to log in with a username and password.

Does anyone have any thoughts? Any help would be awesome, thanks!
Old 07-25-2009, 02:25 AM   #2
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2007

Do you have a home network, how is it set up, and what equipment do you have? You mentioned your internet is through the apartment complex but what company do they use for internet access?

You also mentioned "on a normal computer requires you to log in with a username and password." I'm assuming you're not referring to the username and password to log on to the computer, but the internet service requires a username and password to use it? If that's the case, that's most likely your problem. As far as I'm aware all of the BD devices assume you have a direct connection to the internet and don't have an option to specify a username and password to gain access to the internet.
Old 07-25-2009, 04:27 PM   #3

Jul 2009

rdodolak, thanks for your reply, that is the issue that you mentioned..not a direct connection to the internet.

Thanks for your help though!
Old 01-29-2010, 02:48 AM   #4

Jan 2010
Default A different internet problem

Hi,
I have just bought the LG390 and so far the picture looks great. I tried to set it up to use my secure WiFi, but it keeps failing. Basically, I input my 21-character PSK string (excessive, I know), and after few seconds it says "connect failed". As you imagine, retyping that is a real bummer... I know Wifi works, because two computers are using it with no trouble, in the same room as the TV (and no, I don't have a limit of networked devices with my ISP).
I would hate to go the LAN route because for reasons of unfortunate wiring my router and my TV are in two opposite corners of a 2-story house...
Did anyone else get a similar problem? Do you know what could be the issue?
Thanks,
Ellen
Old 01-29-2010, 07:34 PM   #5

Dec 2009
Pennsylvania

Be careful with the password because it is case sensitive, I ran into this problem setting up my Dad's 390, I changed it to a different password using only lowercase letters and had no problems since.
Old 01-29-2010, 08:40 PM   #6

Jan 2010

I found that my LG wouldn't connect when I very first set it up and I was getting a 'connection failed' message; all I did was turn it off and back on again and it was fine (no need for a password or anything.) I have found that it does need the router to be switched on and initialized before the BD player is turned on, though - if I turn the router on when the player's already on, it won't connect until I power the LG off & on again.
Old 01-30-2010, 09:06 PM   #7

Jan 2010
Default all fixed

Thanks, downward, all-lowercase password did the trick.
Old 03-06-2010, 06:48 PM   #8

Mar 2010
Default Can't connect BD390 wired or wireless to Actiontec

BD390 worked wirelessly on verizon router for 6 months, then dropped connection randomly last week (I wasn't working on router, didn't have a network outage, etc.). Unable to connect to VZ router wirelessly, I burrowed a 40' cat-5 cable to go "wired". I cannot connect wired, which I find very strange. I have BDLHB953 (blu ray HTIB) connected via "wired" on port 2 of my VZ router, and it works fine. I have LG BD390 on port 3 of same VZ router and can't go "wired". I get no connection data -- no gateway, no mac, IP, subnet, etc..

I have called LG and rebooted 10 times (this is LG's protocol for troubleshooting), to no avail. Does anyone have an idea what I might be missing?
Old 08-24-2010, 04:39 AM   #9

Aug 2010
Maryland
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggreen View Post
BD390 worked wirelessly on verizon router for 6 months, then dropped connection randomly last week (I wasn't working on router, didn't have a network outage, etc.). Unable to connect to VZ router wirelessly, I burrowed a 40' cat-5 cable to go "wired". I cannot connect wired, which I find very strange. I have BDLHB953 (blu ray HTIB) connected via "wired" on port 2 of my VZ router, and it works fine. I have LG BD390 on port 3 of same VZ router and can't go "wired". I get no connection data -- no gateway, no mac, IP, subnet, etc..

I have called LG and rebooted 10 times (this is LG's protocol for troubleshooting), to no avail. Does anyone have an idea what I might be missing?
Did you try the erthnet cable?
Old 06-24-2011, 06:51 PM   #10

Jun 2011
Default LG BD390 can't connect to my PCs (but internet works fine)

Hi! I've had an LG BD390 for over a year and have had no problems browsing my PC's media. But now when I go to 'My Media' I can still see each of my PC's, but the shared folders don't appear beneath them. I have 3 Dell Windows 7 PC's (2 wired, 1 wireless) and a Netgear N300 wireless router. I reset the 390's connection and typed in my security password and I can still access the router and I can get online (Vudu, Youtube and Netflix work fine). I just can't see each PC's shared folders. Could this have been caused by an LG update? I'm Stumped. Any help would be great.

Thanks,
Scott
Old 08-05-2013, 03:48 PM   #11

Aug 2013
Default Connection Issue from Newbie who isn't permitted to start a thread...

Hi all. Sorry to hijack this thread, but I could really use some advice and am not allowed to start a new one. I found this thread when doing a search for my issue...

We are new blu-ray owners, (the BPM53) and are having trouble staying connected to the internet. Immediately upon setup we signed up for Netflix and enjoyed it immensely for the past couple of weeks. We were irritated that every time we turned off the player we needed to re-enter the info for our wireless service, but put up with it.

Occasionally we would try to connect to Netflix and the connection would fail. Usually if we disconnected the Blu-ray and/or tried again we could re-connect.

Yesterday we found ourselves unable to connect at all. When we tested the connectivity it would show that it was connected, but still nothing. The Blu-ray is about 15 feet from the router, and the wireless connection is working on another computer in the same room as the Blu-ray player. Another thing to note is that it will say it is connected one minute and the next we will have to set it all up again.

We have tried everything from unplugging the player and the router to putting the Blu-ray back to factory settings to clearing Netflix and re-entering that info (by the way we cannot connect to Hulu or Youtube or the other premium programs, either).

At one point last night it would connect again (not immediately after we did anything), but then again this am we are having the same problem. It is so very frustrating!

Any advice? Thanks in Advance!!!!
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray > Blu-ray Players and Recorders