Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
RoboCop (Blu-ray)
$5.00
Ender's Game (Blu-ray)
$13.00
Gravity 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Gravity (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Mallrats (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues (Blu-ray)
$12.99
8-Film Action Collection (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Gremlins (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Dirty Rotten Scoundrels (Blu-ray)
$5.99
Smokey and the Bandit (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Who Framed Roger Rabbit (Blu-ray)
$10.99
The Goonies (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Reality Bites (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Weird Science (Blu-ray)
$6.96
Robin Hood (Blu-ray)
$14.99
The Hunger Games: Catching Fire (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Rambo 1-3 Box Set (Blu-ray)
$14.96
Ferris Bueller's Day Off (Blu-ray)
$4.99
The Sword in the Stone (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 08-20-2009, 01:11 AM   #1

Jul 2008
Default Sons of Anarchy won't play in my laptop!

I've been so dying to watch this show, but none of the 3 discs will load into my Sony VGN-FW160D laptop. Really disappointed. Anyone else have problems?

First I get the screen telling me to check the website for firmware updates. I did the updates, but after that my screen just goes blank and after several minutes stays that way with no boot up.

I've noticed it says this is a BD-J, and I did read somewhere about Fox blus not playing in some players, but the only blu-ray (out of 95) that I've ever had refuse to play was the new HALLOWEEN, and that was after it worked the first couple of times.

I really wanted to see this in HD, but I'll probably end up getting the DVD if this is the case.

Any hints or suggestions welcomed.
Old 08-20-2009, 02:30 AM   #2
Special Member

Jan 2009
Twin Cities, MN

Have you tried it in any other Blu-ray players? I
Old 08-20-2009, 03:25 AM   #3

Jul 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by YodasFootPowder View Post
Have you tried it in any other Blu-ray players? I
Hey, Yoda. No, I don't actually have access to any other players. The Sony rep on the phone said that I might have to wait for a new firmware update to address this title, but I don't know if he knows what he's talking about.
Old 09-16-2012, 02:07 AM   #4

Sep 2012
Default Hey

Hey,

Im new here, but I just ran out and grabbed a copy of this on blu-ray also.... My local Walmrt didnt have it on Bluray, so I went to target and Its got something that says target exclusive on it...... Was the last Blu-ray copy they had also.... Called FYE and they were much higher in price, but they did have 4 copies in stock..

Anyways, I have PS3 and also HP laptop that uses HP media smart DVD.... not once had issue with a Blu-ray disc on PS3.......... UNTIL NOW. Can remember a few issues on laptop with other blu-rays, but usually restarting media smart always fixed that.

Season 4 SoA will not play in either of my devices....... PS3 sounds like its trying to read disc, but I get no icon on XMB. Media smart tells me disc is ready for playing, then I click play and after a few seconds I get a message that says unable to play disc, tried restarting program, taking disc out, etc...etc... Immediately tried another blu ray in both devices and its Season 4 brand new copy, not my devices that are the problem....

This has been out since august 28th and yours is the only other post I can find similar to my issue...... Have you found anything out??? Taken it back?? etc.....??? Gonna call customer service for fox myself monday, they aint workin weekends lol......

H2H

edit: Wow, thought you were having problems with season four until I reread your post......................!!!!!!!!! Wow I feel jipped outta 55 bucks and all alone in the hell of not being able to enjoy season 4 on blu-ray......................... BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Last edited by DaDumpster; 09-16-2012 at 02:11 AM. Reason: Der Der Der
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America