COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Audio Signature Classical Collection (Blu-ray)
$144.01
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 3D (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Battle Royale (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Inside Llewyn Davis (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Source Code (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Gangs of New York (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Pacific Rim (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Dragonwolf (Blu-ray)
$18.20
Los Angeles Kings: 2014 Stanley Cup Champions (Blu-ray)
$20.95
Batman: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$189.96
Leviathan (Blu-ray)
$15.89
God's Not Dead (Blu-ray)
$17.29
Jaws (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Last Vegas (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Last Action Hero (Blu-ray)
$5.19
Nymphomaniac: Volumes I and II (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Ghostbusters 1 & 2 Double Pack (Blu-ray)
$19.96
World War Z 3D (Blu-ray)
$12.92
The Texas Chain Saw Massacre (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Old 08-27-2009, 06:09 AM   #1

Aug 2009
Unhappy Loud Humming/Buzzing Noise from my LG BD300 Player

Hi Guys and G'Day,

I currently reside in Melbourne, Australia and own a LG BD300 (Region B) Blu-Ray player which I bought in November of 2008. Recently, I've been experiencing a loud humming/buzzing noise as soon as I insert a Blu-Ray Movie Disc into the player. The movies titles with the above described problems are as follows:

1) Che: Part 1 & 2 (2 Disc Set) Region: B
2) Watchmen (2 Disc Special Edition Set) Region: B

Noise problems encountered with Disc 1 of Che and Disc 1 (Feature Film) of Watchmen. No problems with Picture Quality.

No noise problems encountered with Part 2 (Disc 2) of Che and Disc 2 (Special/Extras Feature) Disc of Watchmen OR other Blu-Ray titles in my collection???

My player is connected to a Yamaha RX-V465 AV Receiver. I thought this could be the cause of the problem. I unplugged the HDMI connection to the receiver and plugged it directly to my full High-Def Panasonic Plasma TV but the problem still persists.

I called LG and was told the problem could be with the disc as it could be defective. Took it back to the vendor and got a replacement but still the same problem. Called LG again and was told probably the type of Blu-Ray disc the movie is recored upon is not compatible with the player. Tried firmware updates as recommended by LG but to no avail. I'm afraid of buying any new movies as I may have the same problem.

Please could someone please help me or offer some advise.

Thanks.

Moe
Old 09-01-2009, 04:52 AM   #2
Blu-ray Guru

May 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by msingh View Post
Hi Guys and G'Day,

I currently reside in Melbourne, Australia and own a LG BD300 (Region B) Blu-Ray player which I bought in November of 2008. Recently, I've been experiencing a loud humming/buzzing noise as soon as I insert a Blu-Ray Movie Disc into the player. The movies titles with the above described problems are as follows:

1) Che: Part 1 & 2 (2 Disc Set) Region: B
2) Watchmen (2 Disc Special Edition Set) Region: B

Noise problems encountered with Disc 1 of Che and Disc 1 (Feature Film) of Watchmen. No problems with Picture Quality.

No noise problems encountered with Part 2 (Disc 2) of Che and Disc 2 (Special/Extras Feature) Disc of Watchmen OR other Blu-Ray titles in my collection???

My player is connected to a Yamaha RX-V465 AV Receiver. I thought this could be the cause of the problem. I unplugged the HDMI connection to the receiver and plugged it directly to my full High-Def Panasonic Plasma TV but the problem still persists.

I called LG and was told the problem could be with the disc as it could be defective. Took it back to the vendor and got a replacement but still the same problem. Called LG again and was told probably the type of Blu-Ray disc the movie is recored upon is not compatible with the player. Tried firmware updates as recommended by LG but to no avail. I'm afraid of buying any new movies as I may have the same problem.

Please could someone please help me or offer some advise.

Thanks.

Moe
Moe,

LG has had problems with Watchmen day 1. Samsung has too. I ditched my Samsung and got a new slimline PS3 120GB. Watchmen plays fine now. When I bought Mutant Chronicles it would not even play on the Samsung. Samsung and I suspect LG have too far a lag time on firmware updates. Sony just had a new PS3 update tonight... Good luck. Hope this helps you out some.. .
If you don't like what's being said, change the conversation...
Old 09-04-2009, 05:47 AM   #3

Aug 2009

Many thanks for your reply.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray > Blu-ray PCs, Laptops, Drives, Media and Software