COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Tie Me Up! Tie Me Down! (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Y Tu Mamá También (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Jumanji (Blu-ray)
$7.99
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug (Blu-ray)
$19.96
The Amazing Spider-Man 3D (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Wrong Turn Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$17.31
The East (Blu-ray)
$6.99
Tinto Brass: Maestro of Erotica Cinema (Blu-ray)
$45.34
The Walking Dead: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$29.99
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (Blu-ray)
$18.96
It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World (Blu-ray)
$24.99
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (Blu-ray)
$74.99
The Fault in Our Stars (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Insomnia (Blu-ray)
$22.98
The Big Bang Theory: The Complete Seventh Season (Blu-ray)
$34.99
Homeland: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$31.99
Once Upon a Time: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$39.99
Only Lovers Left Alive (Blu-ray)
$23.59
The Hunger Games: Catching Fire (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Old 09-18-2009, 05:33 PM   #21
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2008
St. Louis
Send a message via AIM to jono_0101

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatediesel View Post
I agree Parks and Recreation improved after the first few episodes. I rewatched them all over the summer and really enjoyed the last couple episodes. Wasn't a huge fan of last night's episode though. That show would be awful without Aziz though.

I thought Community was really funny, and although the plot was a bit weak I'll definitely keep watching. I found most of the characters likable, especially Alison Brie who also plays Pete's wife on Mad Men. I also liked Chevy Chase, which is saying something because for the most part I dislike everything he's done since Christmas Vacation (except when he was on Chuck). The ratings for it were really good (by NBC standards). It held onto 93% of The Office's viewers with 7.68 million viewers.
wow, those are good numbers, it does seem a good fit with the other shows on NBC thursdays, the only character i really didnt care for was the dean of the school or whatever his title was, he wasnt very funny to me
OFFICIAL BLURAY.COM SURVIVOR GURU! :D
PSN ID: ANEWHOPE182

Words of Wisdom:
"knifing your girlfriend and then sicking dogs on her is not the way to get laid"-forum member Xerios

Leader of the BluRay.com Raven clan on MAG, PM or PSN message me if you want to join up!
Old 09-18-2009, 07:32 PM   #22
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2009
Home of N'Sync and the Backstreet Boys

Quote:
Originally Posted by jono_0101 View Post
wow, those are good numbers, it does seem a good fit with the other shows on NBC thursdays, the only character i really didnt care for was the dean of the school or whatever his title was, he wasnt very funny to me

Oh man, that guy is awesome. He had a part in How I Met Your Mother in season 1 where they all thought he was Moby. Great episode.

EDIT: Apparently I have no idea what I'm talking about. I could've sworn the guy at the beginning reading from the index cards was the Dean, played by J.P. Manoux...

Apparently not.
The artist formerly known as O_V_N.

Last edited by Chordata; 09-18-2009 at 07:35 PM.
Old 09-18-2009, 08:27 PM   #23
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2008
St. Louis

Quote:
Originally Posted by O_V_N View Post
Oh man, that guy is awesome. He had a part in How I Met Your Mother in season 1 where they all thought he was Moby. Great episode.

EDIT: Apparently I have no idea what I'm talking about. I could've sworn the guy at the beginning reading from the index cards was the Dean, played by J.P. Manoux...

Apparently not.
yeah, that opening part was great, and that was a great episode of HIMYM too, new years eve

Words of Wisdom:
"knifing your girlfriend and then sicking dogs on her is not the way to get laid"-forum member Xerios

Leader of the BluRay.com Raven clan on MAG, PM or PSN message me if you want to join up!
Old 09-18-2009, 09:18 PM   #24
Blu-ray Champion

Jul 2007
The Arctic circle

I watched the first ten minutes. Bored out of my skull. I'll pass.
"Swear to me. Swear to me that everything you said was true!"

Top 3(No Order):
1. The Last of Us
2. Persona 3 FES
3. Resident Evil: Remake
Old 09-19-2009, 02:37 PM   #25
Blu-ray Guru

May 2008
Just Outside of the Alliance's Reach

Quote:
Originally Posted by O_V_N View Post

Apparently not.
Ha ha. Not just you. I was convinced it was Rhys Darby, from Yes Man and Flight Of The Concords. WAY off.
"I'll be in my bunk."
Old 09-24-2009, 02:31 PM   #26
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2008
St. Louis

epsiode 2 tonight, we'll get to see if this is going anywhere, i hope so

Words of Wisdom:

Old 09-24-2009, 02:32 PM   #27
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2009
Home of N'Sync and the Backstreet Boys

Quote:
Originally Posted by jono_0101 View Post
epsiode 2 tonight, we'll get to see if this is going anywhere, i hope so
I'll certainly give it another look tonight.
Old 10-29-2009, 03:56 PM   #28
Blu-ray Champion

Nov 2007
Iowa

Community received a full season pickup today, as did Parks and Recreation and Mercy. Community has been one of my new favorite shows this season, and Parks and Recreation has improved a lot.

http://www.hitfix.com/articles/2009-...and-recreation
Old 10-29-2009, 04:00 PM   #29
Banned

Sep 2008
Los Angeles, CA

This should be good. They talked about it on NPR this week. I'll tune in.
Old 10-29-2009, 04:43 PM   #30
Blu-ray Guru

Mar 2008
St Louis Area

There is apparently a Dark Knight thing going on in tonights Ep.
If I go missing for a time, fear not, I am traveling with The Doctor. The 11th Doctor, Matt Smith.

Twitter: @freenumber6
Old 10-29-2009, 04:54 PM   #31

Nov 2007
Charleston, SC

I've been watching this show since it premiered and I have yet being wowed. It's an OK show and definitely better than other shows on TV now. I know this isn't a Parks and Rec thread, but I feel it's way better than Community. But, that's just my opinion. If you haven't seen it since the first couple episodes, you should give it another try. But, I've liked it since the first episode, so what do I know?
"Those who think "Transformers" is a great or even a good film are, may I tactfully suggest, not sufficiently evolved. Film by film, I hope they climb a personal ladder into the realm of better films, until their standards improve. Those people contain multitudes. They deserve films that refresh the parts others do not reach. They don't need to spend a lifetime with the water only up to their toes."

Roger Ebert
Old 10-29-2009, 05:23 PM   #32
Blu-ray Guru

Mar 2008
St Louis Area

Quote:
Originally Posted by goochspot View Post
I've been watching this show since it premiered and I have yet being wowed. It's an OK show and definitely better than other shows on TV now. I know this isn't a Parks and Rec thread, but I feel it's way better than Community. But, that's just my opinion. If you haven't seen it since the first couple episodes, you should give it another try. But, I've liked it since the first episode, so what do I know?
Parks and Rec has significantly improved this year. I agree a lot of people who gave up on it should give it another shot.
If I go missing for a time, fear not, I am traveling with The Doctor. The 11th Doctor, Matt Smith.

Twitter: @freenumber6
Old 10-30-2009, 12:23 AM   #33
Blu-ray Champion

Jul 2007
The Arctic circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamma626 View Post
I watched the first ten minutes. Bored out of my skull. I'll pass.
Well I gave it a second chance, an this show is fantastic!
"Swear to me. Swear to me that everything you said was true!"

Top 3(No Order):
1. The Last of Us
2. Persona 3 FES
3. Resident Evil: Remake
Old 10-30-2009, 01:18 PM   #34
Banned

Sep 2008
Los Angeles, CA

I really liked this show! It was really funny last night. I had no idea Ken Jeong and Chevy Chase were both in it!

That's Batman was great. Chevy Chase + Ecstacy = WIN.
Old 10-30-2009, 04:45 PM   #35
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2008
St. Louis

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamma626 View Post
Well I gave it a second chance, an this show is fantastic!
its really growing into its own now, joel mchale isnt the strongest actor in the world, but hes still really funny, as well as the rest of the cast, but i think the show really does have to grow on you after a couple episodes to relly get into it

i didnt hear that it had gotten a full season pickup, thats good news, im glad to hear the show will be around for awhile

Words of Wisdom:

Old 02-13-2010, 01:49 AM   #36
Banned

Oct 2008
Western Washington

Just realized there hasn't been a Community discussion in 4 months. I really like that they continue to work on Britta's character from annoying and *****y outsider to more of a member of the group. I LOVED drunk Jeff and Abed recreating the dance number from "The Breakfast Club", but Senor Chang booty-dancing with Pierce and Troy while the guys are clad in elegant ladies' pantsuits, which is funny to say, less cliched and more bizarre-looking. It was particularly genius to use pantsuits and not dresses, and I loved watching Donald Glover show Troy trying to maintain his dignity in the thing. This was also a great Abed showcase, from his attempt to make his sarcasm more obvious to him bossing around his actors to him trying to coax a real performance out of Jeff (and then to him waking up "broken" from all the booze). I am loving the progress of this show, I think we still have 8 or 9 more episodes of the season.
Old 02-13-2010, 03:54 AM   #37
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2008

I'm liking it a lot more now.
....and so says the Meeklo
Old 02-13-2010, 05:07 AM   #38
Banned

Oct 2008
Western Washington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meeklo View Post
I'm liking it a lot more now.
It took kind of a longer time to find its groove than most people where willing to wait but I hung in there and watched major writing changes take place over the course of this season. I am not a big fan of the 30 min format, but between this, and Modern Family I am definitely getting there.
Old 02-13-2010, 11:12 PM   #39

Dec 2008

Ive loved this show since probably episode 2. Hopefully they can keep it as strong as it is right now. It may be hard as they keep going.

Annie is amazing.
Old 02-13-2010, 11:24 PM   #40
Banned

Oct 2008
Western Washington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendricks4333 View Post
Ive loved this show since probably episode 2. Hopefully they can keep it as strong as it is right now. It may be hard as they keep going.

Annie is amazing.
She's also the best lookin broad on the show.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Television