COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Dark Knight Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$38.99
Flatliners (Blu-ray)
$5.19
Man of Steel Exclusive Action Figure Gift Set (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Batman: The Dark Knight Returns (Blu-ray)
$11.99
Man of Steel Limited Collector's Edition (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Spider-Man 3 (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Nymphomaniac: Volumes I and II (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Breaking Bad: The Final Season (Blu-ray)
$20.98
Red vs. Blue: RVBX: Ten Years of Red vs. Blue (Blu-ray)
$53.99
Anaconda (Blu-ray)
$5.19
2010: The Year We Make Contact (Blu-ray)
$6.36
3 Days to Kill (Blu-ray)
$14.99
RoboCop (Blu-ray)
$14.99
The Shawshank Redemption (Blu-ray)
$5.99
Upotte!!: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$34.99
Game of Thrones - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$44.42
The Legend of Korra - Book Two: Spirits (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Bourne Legacy (Blu-ray)
$6.96
Hell On Wheels: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$27.99

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray > Blu-ray Players and Recorders

Old 09-25-2009, 04:53 AM   #1

Sep 2009
Default BD370: Latest firmware 8.16.693.a causing extreme pixelation

Hey guys,

Anyone else having problems with the latest firmware update for the LG BD370. After I upgraded to 8.16.693.a everything became extremely pixelated. I tried changing the resolution back and forth to see if it was just stuck in 480p or something but that did not help. Anyone else that upgraded having this issue? I'm going to go ahead and revert back to the old firmware until this is resolved.
Old 09-27-2009, 09:54 AM   #2

Sep 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceAndBlue View Post
Hey guys,

Anyone else having problems with the latest firmware update for the LG BD370. After I upgraded to 8.16.693.a everything became extremely pixelated. I tried changing the resolution back and forth to see if it was just stuck in 480p or something but that did not help. Anyone else that upgraded having this issue? I'm going to go ahead and revert back to the old firmware until this is resolved.
Anyone else tried updating to the newest firmware? I'm still on the 2nd newest one.
Old 09-27-2009, 06:02 PM   #3

Sep 2009

The weird thing is that the menus appear normal, the issue occurs during playback (DVD, Blu, and Netflix are all affected). I called the LG customer service line and they are sending me a disc with the firmware on it, hopefully that will fix the problem. Of course this leaves me without a player until the disc arrives. I wish LG would just post the firmware upgrades on their website so that I could just download it and burn my own installation disc.
Old 09-28-2009, 08:59 PM   #4

Sep 2009

Quote:
The weird thing is that the menus appear normal, the issue occurs during playback (DVD, Blu, and Netflix are all affected). I called the LG customer service line and they are sending me a disc with the firmware on it, hopefully that will fix the problem. Of course this leaves me without a player until the disc arrives. I wish LG would just post the firmware upgrades on their website so that I could just download it and burn my own installation disc.
My best of luck to you because I made a call to LG today and they told me that they do not have any older versions of the firmware they told me that they could service the unit if I would send it out to them I have no time for this. My BD370 is now just a big paper weight I am just thankful I still have an extra upconvert DVD Player. I will never buy anything LG again to tell the truth this firmware is not the only problem I have had. I only bought it 2 months ago hooked it up to my receiver and the audio takes about 10 seconds to refresh when you skip chapters in a DVD also the Netfiix streaming is choppy and I have it hooked straight to my router on a wired 25/15 connection ??? and the HDMI audio straight to the tv well the voices don't match up at all is anyone having these problems as well as the new firm ware ?
Old 09-28-2009, 09:02 PM   #5

Sep 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by billv78 View Post
My best of luck to you because I made a call to LG today and they told me that they do not have any older versions of the firmware they told me that they could service the unit if I would send it out to them I have no time for this. My BD370 is now just a big paper weight I am just thankful I still have an extra upconvert DVD Player. I will never buy anything LG again to tell the truth this firmware is not the only problem I have had. I only bought it 2 months ago hooked it up to my receiver and the audio takes about 10 seconds to refresh when you skip chapters in a DVD also the Netfiix streaming is choppy and I have it hooked straight to my router on a wired 25/15 connection ??? and the HDMI audio straight to the tv well the voices don't match up at all is anyone having these problems as well as the new firm ware ?
Please is there any way I can get a copy of the firmware from you if its the older one I can't find it on line anywhere
Old 09-28-2009, 09:12 PM   #6

Sep 2009

Quote:

Since you had the same problem as me I am guessing it is a widespread issue and I'm sure they'll correct the problem in another firmware update...but they had better do it fast because I am now without a player.

As far as the other issues you are having, I haven't encountered those myself. You might want to try setting it up as a fixed IP address going into the router. After I did this netflix ran much smoother. I've never experienced any audio sync issues, perhaps it is the way you have it set up or maybe you just got a defective unit.
Old 09-30-2009, 04:05 AM   #7

Sep 2009
Default Reply

I've had problems with Youtube and even Blu-Ray movies and audio/video sync. Connected HDMI to TV directly. The latest firmware seemed to have help but Netflix has frozen the box a few times and had to unplug completely. Anyone see the audio issues with a reciever? Here is a response from LG:

-----------Reply to Customer Inquiry------------

We are delighted to hear from you as our Valued Customer. We apologize for the delay and any inconvenience you have experienced.

We’ll be glad to assist you with this situation. If you are experiencing Audio Sync problems you may try changing audio settings to DTS Re-Encode.

If you have other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us again either via email, or by calling our customer service division at 800-243-0000 at your convenience.

Pablo C.
E-mail Administrator
Customer Interactive Center
LGEAI

-----------Original Customer Inquiry------------
Received Date : 9/26/2009 21:22:37
The type of inquiry : Software/Hardware updates
Product/Model No. : DVD&VIDEO&SET TOP/BD370

What was changed in the new software version BD,8,16,693,A? Any fix for audio sync with video problems?
Thanks!

-------------------------------------------------
Old 09-30-2009, 06:58 PM   #8

Sep 2009

Quote:
Since you had the same problem as me I am guessing it is a widespread issue and I'm sure they'll correct the problem in another firmware update...but they had better do it fast because I am now without a player.

As far as the other issues you are having, I haven't encountered those myself. You might want to try setting it up as a fixed IP address going into the router. After I did this netflix ran much smoother. I've never experienced any audio sync issues, perhaps it is the way you have it set up or maybe you just got a defective unit.
Can you do me a big favor please. When the new firmware comes out to correct what they messed up in this current one can you let me know because I have the unit disconnected and would have to hook back up to correct and DL the fix. I am at the moment using my old player and again TG I kept it lol! or if by any luck you get an older firmware ver. I would like to somehow get it from you I just want to use my player again
Old 09-30-2009, 08:13 PM   #9

Sep 2009

Quote:
Can you do me a big favor please. When the new firmware comes out to correct what they messed up in this current one can you let me know because I have the unit disconnected and would have to hook back up to correct and DL the fix. I am at the moment using my old player and again TG I kept it lol! or if by any luck you get an older firmware ver. I would like to somehow get it from you I just want to use my player again
Yeah no problem. I went ahead and just returned my unit to amazon and ordered a new one cause I was still in the 30 day return period and I didn't want to wait for a fix (plus I saved myself $25). I should be getting a firmware disc from LG in the mail in the next few days and I can rip it and upload the ISO. I think its just ridiculous that LG doesn't post their firmware on their website for download for the US version (like every other brand does). I would think that would save them a lot of money on shipping costs and save people a lot of hassle.
Old 09-30-2009, 08:45 PM   #10

Sep 2009

Quote:
Yeah no problem. I went ahead and just returned my unit to amazon and ordered a new one cause I was still in the 30 day return period and I didn't want to wait for a fix (plus I saved myself $25). I should be getting a firmware disc from LG in the mail in the next few days and I can rip it and upload the ISO. I think its just ridiculous that LG doesn't post their firmware on their website for download for the US version (like every other brand does). I would think that would save them a lot of money on shipping costs and save people a lot of hassle.
Hey thanks a million now the firmware they are sending you is it an older one that worked? and how do i go about installing it. Do you think we could voice chat on paltalk or yahoo it def could help. Let me know and again thanks for always getting back to me. This lg dvd player has been a nightmare from day one well I guess you get what you pay for
Old 09-30-2009, 09:48 PM   #11

Sep 2009

Here is an old firmware and instructions for installing: I think it is 7.16.665 which does not include the CinemaNow player.

http://www.lge.com/uk/support/produc...ialTab=drivers
Old 09-30-2009, 09:52 PM   #12

Sep 2009

Search google for BD370V.7.16.665
Old 10-02-2009, 07:49 AM   #13

Jul 2009
Question

The link you gave there is to the UK BD370 firmware as it is BD370VBA. Its the same one on the UK support page.

Are you UK or USA users ? I was under impression you had to use only your countries firmware.

I`m in UK, just got my BD370 and did the firmware upgrade before trying any discs. DVD playback is fine but BluRay is either blank but audio or pixelated with audio.

Trouble is I dont know if it was faulty when I got it. A new one is coming Monday as a replacement but I`m trying to find older firmware.

I did a same search on that site and it comes up with BD370M 4.090.00 but I am not sure what country the "M" refers to.

I have on my according to the menu 7.149.0.26 which is the lates UK. Thing is on the UK website its the 7.166.65 (716665) which you would think is the later but when I try and do a CD or USB upgrade with that one LG does not recognise it.

Question when you do a CD or USB upgrade does the CD have to be in a certain format and mode, close session? Does the LG need the .ROM file or does it need it in .zip format ?

Does anyone have older UK firmware than 7.149.0.26 ??
Old 10-03-2009, 09:47 PM   #14

Sep 2009

We're in the US so those firmware versions wouldn't work for us. I got my replacement player from Amazon and it is working great. The strange thing is that the firmware on this player is completely different, it came with version 7.08.016.B, and when I updated it to the latest firmware set it is now at version 8.08.017.B. Even the background wallpapers are slightly different than my old player. The network setup is easier to use as well. Perhaps there are two different versions of the US version of the 370. I'll still post the iso rip of the firmware disc whenever the heck it arrives from LG. Very weird.
Old 10-04-2009, 09:54 AM   #15

Jul 2009

Strange thing is I found V4 firmware which was labelled as BD370M (on the menu it says mine is BD370-P) and it downgraded the firmware from 7.149.0.26 to 4.0.whatever. (still had pixelisation so prob blu ray laser faulty).

When I tried to install the 7.166.65 from the UK website via USB it did not recognise it. (I used the USB method for V4 fine).

It did let me upgrade the firmware back to 7.149.0.26 via ethernet.

Do you know what all the different region model numbers are ?

The V4 firmware stated BD370M
The V7 UK firmware off the LG website says BD370VBA
The model number on my system update menu says my player is BD370-P

Maybe there are different UK ones ?
Old 10-21-2009, 01:59 PM   #16

Oct 2009
Default Same pixellation problem on firmware update

I have the exact same problem. Any video other than a BluRay and player navigational menus appears pixellated, including Netflix standard/HD, youtube, DVD. I thought it might be some settings I changed, so I messed around with all the settings and even reset it to factory defaults. The problem persists.

I think it is not smoothing out lower resolution video when upconverting. For now I need to lower the resolution settings to 480p to minimize the blockiness of the video, but this is far from an ideal situation.

Does anyone know how to revert to the older firmware? Its surprising they did not catch this bug before they released it!

Thanks,
Rylan
Old 10-21-2009, 02:21 PM   #17

Oct 2009
Default LG Service Sucks

I called LG service several times and could not get through to a live person. The call was dropped, or was picked up, but all I could hear were background voices for minutes.

I tried the chat support, and the rep said to "disconnect the unit for 45 seconds
" which I already did, and IMO is just a tactic to get rid of the customer without providing a real solution. The next step they said is to return the device for repair, which costs a minimum of $69.

I'll try to return it to best buy and get another player if I can, unless I can find a way to revert the firmware first!
Old 10-30-2009, 07:08 PM   #18

Oct 2009

I just called LG regarding the pixelation issue with my USA BD370V-N with firmware 8.16.693.a when playing DVDs and Netflix.

After explaining and being on hold for many minutes, I was told that I had to send it in for service . I explained that this was a firmware issue because my player was working just fine before the last firmware upgrade they sent. I asked the representative to send me the previous firmware by mail, or to let me know when LG is going to release a fix for this. The representative said he could only offer to mail the latest (which is the one I already have), or I had to send it in for service.

Can anybody confirm if LG is actually fixing this issue after send it in?
What is the firmware shown after getting the unit back from LG?

We have to call LG to put pressure on this issue. They are being slow to fix this. They just have to turn on whatever they turned off.
Old 11-02-2009, 02:28 PM   #19

Oct 2009
Thumbs down Updates : Still no luck with Customer Service

Good news :LG mailed me the previous version of the firmware on a CD.

Bad News : There were no instructions provided on how to force the player to use the old firmware. The player does not automatically load the firmware from the CD when (a) the disc is inserted (b) the disc is left in the player and the unit is turned on (c) even when the power is cycled (d) the same thing happens when it is on a FAT formatted USB pen drive

I replied to the CS person asking for instructions. The response was to look at the 370 Support URL, which only has instructions and firmware to update the BD300 to a BD 370, but nothing specifically for the 370. I replied to the mail explaining this and asking for instructions for the BD 370. I dont think we're getting through to them.

The only option might be to send it in, but who's to say (a) they will fix it for real or (b) the player might just update itself the next time you plug it in and forget to choose not to update (c) the *next* update might cause this problem?
Old 11-02-2009, 02:29 PM   #20

Oct 2009

Does anyone know how to make the player update the firmware from either USB or CD?
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray > Blu-ray Players and Recorders