Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Big (Blu-ray)
$7.99
My Big Fat Greek Wedding (Blu-ray)
$6.98
The Americans: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Frozen Planet (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Hugo (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Uncle Buck (Blu-ray)
$6.96
Slap Shot (Blu-ray)
$9.96
8-Film Action Collection (Blu-ray)
$7.99
The Simpsons: The Sixteenth Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Seven (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Grease (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Psycho-Pass: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$97.44
Grave of the Fireflies (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Fairy Tail: Part 8 (Blu-ray)
$26.99
Mallrats (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Somewhere in Time (Blu-ray)
$10.49
The Forbidden Kingdom (Blu-ray)
$5.00
Far and Away (Blu-ray)
$10.49
High School of the Dead OVA: Drifters of the Dead (Blu-ray)
$4.99

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray > Blu-ray Players and Recorders

Old 10-22-2009, 03:42 PM   #1

Oct 2009
Default Blu ray player that is 41 cm wide or less

Need a player that is 41 cm wide or less, have a fixed space to fit it in. Who makes one? Don't want a Playstation.
Old 10-22-2009, 04:22 PM   #2

Dec 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssymons View Post
Need a player that is 41 cm wide or less, have a fixed space to fit it in. Who makes one? Don't want a Playstation.
CM What are those?
Old 10-22-2009, 04:23 PM   #3
Blu-ray Champion

Nov 2007
Iowa

41 cm is slightly more than 16 inches. I don't know if there is a player that slim.
Old 10-22-2009, 06:00 PM   #4
Special Member

Jun 2007
Sunshine State

Well, the slimest BD player on the Market is the Panasonic BD60 but the overall smallest is the Samsung 4600 but I would not buy a Samsung player. Too many issues.You can search the web for these models measurements.....

Last edited by Cortiz; 10-22-2009 at 06:02 PM.
Old 10-22-2009, 06:38 PM   #5

Aug 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAL01 View Post
CM What are those?
Centimeters is the SI-standard that the entire world uses, except for a few not-yet-converted countries that are still thinking in Imperial. Over the past decade(s) most other English-speaking countries finally converted, like Canada, Ireland, etc; still three more to go, see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interna...ystem_of_Units

On-topic: the PS3-slim would be your best option, but if your budget is unlimited, you might want to have a look a the Panasonic BD15.

(@Cortiz: both the BD60 and the Sammy are wider than 41cm)
Old 10-22-2009, 11:47 PM   #6

Dec 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by gekke henkie View Post
Centimeters is the SI-standard that the entire world uses, except for a few not-yet-converted countries that are still thinking in Imperial. Over the past decade(s) most other English-speaking countries finally converted, like Canada, Ireland, etc; still three more to go, see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interna...ystem_of_Units

On-topic: the PS3-slim would be your best option, but if your budget is unlimited, you might want to have a look a the Panasonic BD15.

(@Cortiz: both the BD60 and the Sammy are wider than 41cm)
I was trying to make a joke, oh well. Of course i know what a centimeter is but since i live in the us and most people on here seem to also i thought it was funny that someone would use that measurement
I would curse the day that America went metric.
Old 10-23-2009, 03:02 AM   #7

Aug 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAL01 View Post
I was trying to make a joke, oh well. Of course i know what a centimeter is but since i live in the us and most people on here seem to also i thought it was funny that someone would use that measurement I would curse the day that America went metric.
Sorry, my bad, I misinterpreted your smiley.
I wouldn't curse that day; after a short getting-used-to period, things will become so much more comparable, understandable, and easier convertible worldwide. Only Burma, Liberia, and the US haven't converted yet; we'll see what the future brings. All just my opinion, of course.

If people post a specific question (player-related and therefore region-related)on a worldwide forum like this one, without mentioning where they live, you will often get replies that are not of any use to the OP, because they automatically presume he/she lives in the US while he/she might not. So, one of my first questions is often where the OP lives. A standard country-icon on the left of your username would be nice IMHO.
Old 10-23-2009, 05:01 AM   #8
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2007
Nashville

^^^ Agreed. We already think metrically, because we teach our kids to count in 10's. I would prefer it.

As for the OP, I'd also recommend the PS3 Slim. I know you said you don't want a Playstation, but let's be honest... it IS a Blu-ray player, and it has no disadvantages.

PSN / XBL ID: Sylin

Buy/Sell/Trade Thread: Click Here!

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray > Blu-ray Players and Recorders