Best Blu-ray Deals

Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Guardians of the Galaxy 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Deadwood: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$58.99
Treme: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$64.99
Entourage: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$96.99
Battlestar Galactica: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$89.99
Rise of the Guardians 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Sons of Anarchy: Seasons 1-6 (Blu-ray)
$119.99
Big Hero 6 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Maze Runner (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 3D (Blu-ray)
$69.99
Fairy Tail: Part 13 (Blu-ray)
$31.69
Dragon Ball Z: Season 8 (Blu-ray)
$25.89
White Christmas (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Rocky: Heavyweight Collection (Blu-ray)
$19.99
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 10-29-2009, 04:39 AM   #1

Aug 2009
USA blade trillogy, and kill bill/ from dusk till dawn

I want to buy these but they are from Cadian region, will there be a U.S. version or should I get the canada version?
Old 10-29-2009, 04:41 AM   #2
Banned

Oct 2009

Kill Bill is already out. Don't get the Blade movies because I heard that the Aspect ratios are wrong. If I was you I would wait.
Old 10-29-2009, 04:43 AM   #3
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2008
Mexico, OH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pain View Post
Kill Bill is already out. Don't get the Blade movies because I heard that the Aspect ratios are wrong. If I was you I would wait.
The OAR is only screwed up on Blade. Blade II and Blade: Trinity are in their original 1.78:1 and 2.40:1, respectively. Honestly, it's all a big guessing game because From Dusk Till Dawn has been out for over a year and there's still no US release date planned. Granted that Warner Bros (New Line) owns the Blade franchise, it might be out, but who knows.
Old 10-29-2009, 04:45 AM   #4
Banned

Oct 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrlandoEastwood View Post
The OAR is only screwed up on Blade. Blade II and Blade: Trinity are in their original 1.78:1 and 2.40:1, respectively.
Sorry I thought all of them was screwed up
Old 10-29-2009, 02:35 PM   #5
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2008

These are all very popular titles. Of course there will be US releases at some point.

As mentioned, the Kill Bill blu-rays are already out in the States, and they are fantastic.
Old 10-29-2009, 02:42 PM   #6

Nov 2007
Charleston, SC

Quote:
Originally Posted by benricci View Post
These are all very popular titles. Of course there will be US releases at some point.

As mentioned, the Kill Bill blu-rays are already out in the States, and they are fantastic.
+1!

Kill Bill Vol. 1 has been played in my ps3 more than any other blu-ray I own. It looks and sounds amazing!

I hope Inglourious Basterds gets the same treatment.
"Those who think "Transformers" is a great or even a good film are, may I tactfully suggest, not sufficiently evolved. Film by film, I hope they climb a personal ladder into the realm of better films, until their standards improve. Those people contain multitudes. They deserve films that refresh the parts others do not reach. They don't need to spend a lifetime with the water only up to their toes."

Roger Ebert
Old 10-29-2009, 04:01 PM   #7
Banned

Oct 2009

Don't buy Kill Bill. With any luck, The Whole Bloody Affair will be released next year.
Old 10-29-2009, 04:06 PM   #8

Nov 2007
Charleston, SC

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorthodt2 View Post
Don't buy Kill Bill. With any luck, The Whole Bloody Affair will be released next year.
I've been hearing that for years. But, I agree, unless you can get a good deal on Kill Bill, try to wait it out for what I hope is a superior release. I wish Tarantino would do a commentary. The only one I know of is From Dusk Till Dawn.
"Those who think "Transformers" is a great or even a good film are, may I tactfully suggest, not sufficiently evolved. Film by film, I hope they climb a personal ladder into the realm of better films, until their standards improve. Those people contain multitudes. They deserve films that refresh the parts others do not reach. They don't need to spend a lifetime with the water only up to their toes."

Roger Ebert
Old 10-29-2009, 04:14 PM   #9
Banned

Oct 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by goochspot View Post
I've been hearing that for years.
Yeah, but he stated about 2 months ago that he's actually working on it now.

Tarantino also does a commentary for Hot Fuzz with Edgar Wright
Old 10-29-2009, 04:15 PM   #10
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2008

Quote:
As far as I'm concerned, The Whole Bloody Affair is vaporware. I wouldn't hold my breath for this....
Old 10-29-2009, 04:18 PM   #11
Banned

Oct 2009

Quote:
As far as I'm concerned, The Whole Bloody Affair is vaporware. I wouldn't hold my breath for this....
No, it's coming together now.

http://www.slashfilm.com/2009/08/10/...eted-and-more/
Old 10-29-2009, 04:20 PM   #12
Site Manager

Aug 2006
USiberia

quick links to kill Bill:

Old 10-29-2009, 04:30 PM   #13
Blu-ray Champion

Oct 2009
USA

Some of those Canadian Allaince Blu's are in the wrong aspect ratio! Some are correct and some are NOT! I'm really hoping Sony will give "Once Upon A Time In Mexico" it's correct 2.35 scope presentation, the DVD is in flat 1.78, it WAS shown theatrically in scope 2.35, I know because I worked as a supervisor at a movie theater at the time and screened the film! How Robert Rodriguez allowed Sony to do this is beyond me!

Last edited by Crimson King; 10-29-2009 at 04:38 PM.
Old 10-29-2009, 04:45 PM   #14

Jun 2008
Denton, TX

From Dusk Til Dawn looks great on the Canadian import... if they put out a US version I don't think I would upgrade unless there is a significant improvement.

(And I cannot imagine too much Video/Audio improvement over the Canadian version)
Old 10-29-2009, 05:02 PM   #15
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2008

Quote:
yeah, I read that too.

But we've been hearing about how "it's coming together" and how everything is shaping up for several years now. Until it's actually announced for release, I consider it vapor ware.
Old 10-29-2009, 05:40 PM   #16
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyJack View Post
Some of those Canadian Allaince Blu's are in the wrong aspect ratio! Some are correct and some are NOT! I'm really hoping Sony will give "Once Upon A Time In Mexico" it's correct 2.35 scope presentation, the DVD is in flat 1.78, it WAS shown theatrically in scope 2.35, I know because I worked as a supervisor at a movie theater at the time and screened the film! How Robert Rodriguez allowed Sony to do this is beyond me!
It was Robert Rodriguez's decision to present the movie in 1.78;1 on DVD.

The digital camera used was an HDCAM with a 1.78:1 negative aspect ratio and the film was matted to 2.35:1 for theaters. Robert Rodriguez wanted to show off the full aperture of the HD shots so he presents the film unmatted on DVD.
Old 10-29-2009, 06:04 PM   #17
Blu-ray Champion

Oct 2009
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_dave View Post
It was Robert Rodriguez's decision to present the movie in 1.78;1 on DVD.

The digital camera used was an HDCAM with a 1.78:1 negative aspect ratio and the film was matted to 2.35:1 for theaters. Robert Rodriguez wanted to show off the full aperture of the HD shots so he presents the film unmatted on DVD.
Thanks, I did'nt know that! 1.78 it is then!
Old 10-29-2009, 06:21 PM   #18
Banned

Oct 2009

Quote:
yeah, I read that too.

But we've been hearing about how "it's coming together" and how everything is shaping up for several years now. Until it's actually announced for release, I consider it vapor ware.
Not really. We've been hearing Tarantino say "I'll get around to it" for several years. Now, he's saying "I'm doing it."

When he finally set his mind to making Inglourious Basterds, he churned that puppy out in no time. So I can take him at his word that he is actually working on TWBA now.
Old 10-29-2009, 06:23 PM   #19
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2008

Quote:
Not really. We've been hearing Tarantino say "I'll get around to it" for several years. Now, he's saying "I'm doing it."

When he finally set his mind to making Inglourious Basterds, he churned that puppy out in no time. So I can take him at his word that he is actually working on TWBA now.
Meh. I'll believe it when I see it.
Old 10-29-2009, 06:53 PM   #20
Blu-ray Ninja

Nov 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulness View Post
From Dusk Til Dawn looks great on the Canadian import... if they put out a US version I don't think I would upgrade unless there is a significant improvement.

(And I cannot imagine too much Video/Audio improvement over the Canadian version)
I have the Canadian import and I'd double dip if a US version was released. The audio has a strange mix on Alliances release, one moment it'll be normal and the next, if there's an explosion/gun shot/music, my entire condo is rocking. Pretty sure they'd fix this for a US release.
Big Tits Zombie

-Action

No synopsis for Big Tits Zombie.

(don't think it needs one, fellas. Pretty self explanatory.)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America