COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Last Action Hero (Blu-ray)
$5.19
Cannibal Holocaust (Blu-ray)
$25.78
Lilo & Stitch / Lilo & Stitch 2: Stitch Has a Glitch (Blu-ray)
$16.09
Inside Llewyn Davis (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Ghostbusters 1 & 2 Double Pack (Blu-ray)
$19.96
Oldboy (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Pacific Rim (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Jaws (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Fantasista Doll: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$37.28
The Legend of Billie Jean (Blu-ray)
$5.19
Batman: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$189.99
The Swimmer (Blu-ray)
$17.29
House of Cards: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Sorcerer (Blu-ray)
$19.59
Nymphomaniac: Volumes I and II (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Mr. Peabody & Sherman (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Lake Placid (Blu-ray)
$18.99
Batman: The Dark Knight Returns (Blu-ray)
$11.99
World War Z 3D (Blu-ray)
$12.18
Old 11-05-2009, 06:59 AM   #1

Oct 2009
teh desert
Default The Merry Gentleman

Well after I watch a movie I usually see how it got reviewed. In this case I couldn't find anything about it after 2 searches so I guess I'll start a thread.
The Merry Gentleman stars Michael Keaton and Kelly Macdonald. Keaton is also the director and I can say he does a pretty good job.
SPOILER ALERT
The movie is about broken lives and everyone in the movie is living an unsatisfying existence. Kelly Macdonald is running from an abusive husband and everyone she meets is prying or just wants to use her. Despite this she seems to hold on to an optimistic attitude.
Well she accidentally witnesses a hit man on the job (Keaton) who is himself on the verge of suicide. He decides to get rid of anyone that can implicate him including her. Things dont go his way though and he finds himself in her debt. Slowly she breaks down his wall and the two develop a relationship.
Without giving away the ending I will just say that its about redemption and one person can make a difference for the right person.

Its a pretty goog movie if a little slow moving.Everone plays their part in a convincing fashion and Keaton does a good job at directing. I would say for me its a solid title at least worth a rental.
PQ is a solid 4 and everything looks pretty sharp and colors look correct. Not reference quality but nothing to complain about either .
Like I said its worth the trip to block buster.
Samsung UN55C8000 3D led
Pioneer elite pro 710
Samsung 40" lcd
Deff tech 5.1 system
Xbox 360 120gig
PS3 160gig
Toshiba HD-A3 and 100 hddvds
Old 03-18-2012, 03:09 AM   #2
Blu-ray Ninja

Apr 2009
-
-

Today I was driving past Blockbuster Video today, and unknowingly they had a Going Out Of Business sign in the window. So I stopped in to browse but unfortunately everything was almost gone, and they still had a few of copies of this movie selling for $2.00, so I grabbed one, and bought it. I was surprised because I didn't know this movie was even released on blu-ray.
Old 09-03-2012, 04:22 AM   #3
Banned

Jul 2012
NYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimdude View Post
Today I was driving past Blockbuster Video today, and unknowingly they had a Going Out Of Business sign in the window. So I stopped in to browse but unfortunately everything was almost gone, and they still had a few of copies of this movie selling for $2.00, so I grabbed one, and bought it. I was surprised because I didn't know this movie was even released on blu-ray.
Terrific film. I wish they included the original longer cut which runs 110 minutes as part of the disc, but they didn't. Still the film is really worth seeing. Great directorial debut by Keaton.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America