COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Sherlock Holmes: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$158.69
The Vincent Price Collection (Blu-ray)
$39.49
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (Blu-ray)
$64.99
Coraline (Blu-ray)
$19.70
Leprechaun: The Complete Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$29.49
Saw: The Complete Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$18.99
Sleeping Beauty (Blu-ray)
$24.99
In the Mouth of Madness (Blu-ray)
$9.49
Hell of the Living Dead / Rats: Night of Terror (Blu-ray)
$16.49
Game of Thrones: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$39.96
The Amityville Horror Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$33.49
V/H/S/2 (Blu-ray)
$11.99
South Park: The Complete Seventeenth Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Haunting (Blu-ray)
$9.49
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$57.99
Maleficent (Blu-ray)
$19.99
V/H/S/2 (Blu-ray)
$13.49
Lost: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$19.50
Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Old 02-29-2012, 05:14 PM   #1
Special Member

Jan 2009
London, UK
India/Bollywood Blu-ray you last watched...

As the title suggests, let's share the Blu-ray movie you watched last. This kind of thread can be seen in other forums and it is great fun (not that we are short of fun stuff here ). And to make the thread informative to certain extent, request members to add some optional information that others might find useful.

Optional info could include but not limited to (should you wish to share)
Movie
  • What you liked or disliked (basic and brief mood dump and not a review)
  • How soon you might see it again
BD PQ & AQ
  • What you liked / disliked
  • Any special observation

I think we should not restrict this to Indian BDs only since the idea is to find out what members of this particular forum are watching in general.
Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.- Martin Luther King, Jr.
Asus A53E Blu Ray i7 Notebook | Sony BDP S350 | Infocus IN82 Full HD DC3 DLP | Onkyo TX-SR 607 | Q Acoustics 1010i, 1000Ci, 1000Si
My Theater Gallery
Old 03-01-2012, 12:55 AM   #2

Nov 2009

Ra.One

Verdict "dislike"
- I think this film have good factors as many as bad factor as well.
SRK is good, I like the songs and scores, especially I'd like to acclaim SFX sequences, some people said "SFX sequences were not so much what we thought", but it's reasonable for me.
But, unfortunately, bad factor has overwhelmed whole movie, especially bad script. too awful...

I don't want see again, even I don't buy this.

PQ 3.5/5 (something's good, something's bad, but that wasn't awful not too much like "Love Aaj Kal", but EROS have to progress their blu-ray title seriously)
AQ 4.5/5 (Only one good thing of zEROS title)

* Where is supplement? What a shame!

- by Optoma HD20 and Mitsubishi whatever... (sorry) for this report
Old 03-01-2012, 05:02 AM   #3

Oct 2011
india
Default the sound of music 45th anniversary box set

Movie
the story is amazing , based on real story but little modified.
one of greatest classics and now one of my fav movies , re watchable factor , kids and adult both will like.fabulous acting by julie andrews , christopher plummer and kids (now adults :P).hindi movie parichay of jitendra and jaya bacchan is copy of this movie and even songs are ,do re mi song iscopied into sare ke sare gamma ko lekar by rd burman , i think he started the coping of songs in hindi movie.i had watched parichay before , but this movie is way better and end is quite good and emotional
BD PQ & AQ
pq is near to perfect , but is great when u think its 45 year old film. the bonus disc has info how they restored and what it takes to restore sound and video.
u can see very good details of grass in opening shot of movie , the scenery looks magnificent

aq 7.1 dts hd does justice to the movie .its crisp and clear.music is very soothing
my fav songs are edelweiss which is emotional, plus goatherd and my fav things song.

must buy and re watchable .
if you only watch action and suspense or criminal movies , u wont like this.
but ur family or kids woulds love it.
My Setup
Lg 32LF20FR LCD l Pioneer HTP-071 5.1 600 Rms l Sony BDP S380 l Sony PS3 320GB l Philips DVP3568 RF. HTPC [ i3 -2100 Proccy ,Digilite H61 Mobo ,Corsair 2 x 4GB DDR3 1333hz Ram,HD Radeon 7850 2GB GDDR5 , Asus BW-12B1ST Burner , Vip 600 Watts PSU]
Old 03-01-2012, 07:10 AM   #4

Oct 2010

Ready, the last movie I watched on BD. I havent wached the movie in theatre. i felt the movie as boring.
Old 03-01-2012, 10:22 AM   #5

Nov 2009
Default Blue

Blue - If only the story was a tad more interesting and the movie made more tighter.

There was no need for the 4 crore Kylie Minogue song.

The sound design and camerawork were brilliant in my opinion and probably the saving grace of the movie.

PQ - the picture quality was decent considering it was a moser baer release.
AQ - was boomy during the action scenes and the 5.1 track was good for dialogues as well.

Got a hitchcock haul from Amazon - Not sure what to start next.. Spellbound or Notorious or Rebbecca or the 39 steps.
Old 03-01-2012, 10:23 AM   #6
Special Member

Jan 2009
London, UK

The last movie I saw was 'Fortess of War'

If you can ignore a bit of Soviet propaganda while watching it (although ignoring it completely will be difficult for many), this is a cinematic triumph in terms of acting, direction, script, cinematography, set design and sound design. People who love war films should not give it a miss. The scope and boundary of the real story is quite limited, but that is where it helps the movie to achieve something on its own.

The PQ is excellent (bit high on contrast by design like most other war films) with a sharp and detailed picture.The thematic colouring looks very convincing for a movie of this kind. You will feel like being transported there. You might get tempted to reduce the contrast, but you will loose the gritty nature of the the film as intended by the director.

As for audio, this film must be played on a proper 5.1 audio system to get the most out of it. The track is demo worthy with intense battles scenes exploding in full glory with an impact making you believe you are caught in the middle of all the action. The first bomb attack is very well designed and directed. The audio effects will rip apart your room if you are not afraid to listen at near reference levels. Highly recommended for audio and it is an example of great sound design.

@Divyansh, you must watch this for the sound effects
Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.- Martin Luther King, Jr.
Asus A53E Blu Ray i7 Notebook | Sony BDP S350 | Infocus IN82 Full HD DC3 DLP | Onkyo TX-SR 607 | Q Acoustics 1010i, 1000Ci, 1000Si
My Theater Gallery
Old 03-01-2012, 10:37 AM   #7
Special Member

Jul 2009
Johannesburg - South Africa
Default Inglorius Basterds - 100th Anniversary Special (USA)

I watched Inglorius basterds last night, and like all Tarantino movies, I thoroughly devoured this sumptuous feast. I have the 100th Anniversary USA edition of the movie (thanks Zoran ).

Movie: As expected, the edge of your seat entertainment with witty dialogues and a consuming story line. The background music is, as usual, totally amazing as it suits the situations brilliantly. The characters are never misplaced, with brilliant performances by the actors.

PQ: No complaints here, beautifully detailed, no crush, no raised black levels. Universal has done a remarkable job with this BD. The sceneries never ceased to amaze me, from the beautiful French Coutryside to the dark inner city of Paris, is exquisitely detailed and clear!

AQ: Once again, no complaints here, DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 delivers gratifying audio with a punch! The shooting scenes were eerily real. I felt like I was in an actual cross-fire. Wonderful soundstage.

Really pleased with this BD, I put off buying this BD for a while as I wasnít sure if Iíd actually like the film. I stayed away as I am not much into the political, war, World War II movies. But as a friend told me, ITíS A TARANTINO movie, donít be silly and give it a shot. And I did , and I am glad I did, !

Rating

4.5 / 5 stars
Old 03-01-2012, 03:10 PM   #8

Sep 2011
Ny

Dhobi Ghat

just saw it yesterday in the evening an absolute DISCUSTING PATHETIC SHIT FILM!!! i wasted 25 dollars on this garbage the movie had nothin to offer idk why da heck kiran rao even made it but more amir khan was such a true idiot for producing it zero stars out of 5 i give !only gud thing of the movie was dat it was less then 2 hours 1 hour 37 minutes to be exact i yelled at my sis after watchin it cuz she recomended me dis trash lol
Old 03-01-2012, 04:06 PM   #9
Special Member

Jan 2009
London, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by WantedTM View Post
Dhobi Ghat

just saw it yesterday in the evening an absolute DISCUSTING PATHETIC SHIT FILM!!! i wasted 25 dollars on this garbage the movie had nothin to offer idk why da heck kiran rao even made it but more amir khan was such a true idiot for producing it zero stars out of 5 i give !only gud thing of the movie was dat it was less then 2 hours 1 hour 37 minutes to be exact i yelled at my sis after watchin it cuz she recomended me dis trash lol
Haven't seen Dhobi Ghaat yet, but it seems you got stung badly Any other thoughts on Dhobi Ghaat?

I am planning to watch Insideous tonight
My Theater Gallery
Old 03-01-2012, 09:39 PM   #10

Sep 2011
Ny

Quote:
Originally Posted by anibap View Post
Haven't seen Dhobi Ghaat yet, but it seems you got stung badly Any other thoughts on Dhobi Ghaat?

I am planning to watch Insideous tonight
na it was just plain boring thats all i have to say cant believe my sister liked this movie and recomennded me to watch lol anyways i saw insidious on bluray my lil bro forced me to watch it since he gets all the hollywood blurays and me i just love bollywood so get there blurays but yea insidious was suppose to be horror its a decent movie i'd say not that scary...
Old 03-02-2012, 01:43 AM   #11
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2010
India

Instead of just blu-rays could we please have this as a more general "What movie did you last watch" thread for this forum? That'd give rise to more regular and varied updates IMO.

Last night I saw Tenebre (Dario Argento), a Giallo movie. It didn't have as much of the stylistic flourishes that made Bird with The Crystal Plumage and Suspiria so entertaining, but nowhere as bad as Inferno. The plot was convoluted and the continuity was very slipshod in parts. A couple of decent murder set-pieces (one double murder has a bravura crane shot) and an energetic score from Argento regulars Goblin make this respectable though not essential viewing.

Last edited by ravenus; 03-02-2012 at 01:48 AM.
Old 03-02-2012, 02:54 AM   #12

Oct 2009

Puss in Boots and Hugo. 7.1 sound for both was really good.
Old 03-02-2012, 12:11 PM   #13
Special Member

Jan 2009
London, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenus View Post
Instead of just blu-rays could we please have this as a more general "What movie did you last watch" thread for this forum? That'd give rise to more regular and varied updates IMO.
Good idea. Still a major chunk of good films are not yet on Blu Ray, so why not?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenus View Post
Last night I saw Tenebre (Dario Argento), a Giallo movie. It didn't have as much of the stylistic flourishes that made Bird with The Crystal Plumage and Suspiria so entertaining, but nowhere as bad as Inferno. The plot was convoluted and the continuity was very slipshod in parts. A couple of decent murder set-pieces (one double murder has a bravura crane shot) and an energetic score from Argento regulars Goblin make this respectable though not essential viewing.
I have watched 'The Bird with The Crystal Plumage' and loved it but didn't like other two of Dario A that I saw later - 'The Phantom of the Opera' and 'The Card Player'. Never got a chance to watch Suspiria. It was only in Jan last year, I added Suspiria Blu ray to my waiting list at Lovefilm after seeing their new release catalogue.

Films by Argento are for a limited type of audience only.

I must admit that I am developing a bad habit of waiting for a BD release of some of the films I'd like to watch or buy
My Theater Gallery

Last edited by anibap; 03-02-2012 at 12:41 PM.
Old 03-02-2012, 06:54 PM   #14
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2010
India

^wrt Suspiria, blu-ray may not currently be the way to go because all the BD's released so far have been based on a master which got screwed at some point (in spite of the claims of having the DoP's approval) in having huge color shifts with blasted whites. The most faithful representation so far seems to be the Anchor Bay DVD. I have held off on getting a Suspiria BD on this account.
Old 03-02-2012, 06:55 PM   #15
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2010
India

Saw Paan Singh Tomar this evening and was disappointed:
My detailed review
Old 03-02-2012, 08:29 PM   #16

Mar 2012

yesterday i watched dirty picture. I have seen this picture more then 3 times. Thats a nice movie.
Old 03-02-2012, 08:48 PM   #17

Oct 2009

Quote:
I recommend watching Dhobighat! I enjoyed it! - an offbeat movie - nicely done - not for the regular song & dance bollywood movie goer I believe you will like it

Last edited by DaemonAngel; 03-02-2012 at 08:54 PM.
Old 03-03-2012, 10:43 AM   #18
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2010
India

Cache aka Hidden by Michael Haneke. I've seen this movie before but for the first time on blu-ray. It's about a family that receives a series of anonymous videotapes taken from a camera focused on their house, and some mysterious drawings. These seem connected to an incident that took place with the husband long ago and his guilt complex regarding the same. It's a very low-key insidiously creepy film shot in a realistic ambivalent fashion. Great performances from Daniel Auteil and Juliette Binoche.

The film was shot on HD video and the BD transfer is probably quite faithful to the original capture. Dark scenes have some amount of noise as may be expected, but on the whole the film looks very good. I only have a stereo setup but I don't imagine the low-key 5.1 DTS-HD track is going to rock any surround systems. Also saw the "Making of" and interview with the director. Haneke can be pretentious (his discussion of the film's last shot is IMO an example of that) but this is a film I liked a good deal.

Last edited by ravenus; 03-03-2012 at 10:48 AM.
Old 03-03-2012, 11:00 AM   #19
Special Member

Jan 2009
London, UK

What a coincidence!. Cache and Melancholia BD landed up from my rental yesterday. It will be the first time I will be watching Cache.

Watched Psycho again last night on BD. Pointless to add anything new to what's been already discussed about this masterpiece.
My Theater Gallery
Old 03-03-2012, 11:59 AM   #20
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2010
India

Quote:
Watched Psycho again last night on BD. Pointless to add anything new to what's been already discussed about this masterpiece.
Is this the Universal BD? That one has a great commentary track, which talks about the healthy respect between Hitchcock and Perkins, and how several of Perkins' suggestions regarding the mannerisms of the Bates character were incorporated into the film.
I believe the original mono track of the film was expanded into a 5.1 track. How does that work out?
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > India