Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Edge of Tomorrow (Blu-ray)
$14.99
2 hrs ago
Halloween: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$79.99
6 hrs ago
Jersey Boys (Blu-ray)
$14.99
2 hrs ago
Neighbors (Blu-ray)
$9.99
2 hrs ago
Godzilla (Blu-ray)
$14.99
4 hrs ago
Ice Age 4 Movie Set (Blu-ray)
$16.99
19 hrs ago
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes (Blu-ray)
$11.99

Tammy (Blu-ray)
$14.99
2 hrs ago
Arrow: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Alien Quadrilogy (Blu-ray)
$16.99
19 hrs ago
A Million Ways to Die in the West (Blu-ray)
$11.99
5 hrs ago
The Complete Jacques Tati (Blu-ray)
$59.99

Lone Survivor (Blu-ray)
$9.99
38 min ago
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > India

Old 11-30-2014, 05:50 PM   #1

Apr 2014
Default Bollywood HD movies on iTunes Store

It seems that Eros has decided not to release any BDs for old movies but to sell then in HD on iTunes store. I found a lot of Bollywood HD movies there. These include Eros movies Devdas, MunnaBhai, Duplicate, Tall, Amar Akbar Anthony, Dostana and many more. There are movies from Shamaroo, Yashraj and others. None of these have official blu rays. Each goes around $8.00. These are not true HD. But are better than their DVDs and that's what we ever going to get. I hope I'm wrong on this one but sadly it doesn't seem so. I added this info in Devdas forum too but then decided to start a new topic. I'll like to add screen shots and request others to do the same as and if they buy these movies from iTunes. Here are some screen shots:

Devdas01.jpg

Devdas02.jpg

Devdas03.jpg
Thanks given by:
HDDCS (12-03-2014), mrbrat_Boy (11-30-2014)
Old 11-30-2014, 06:41 PM   #2

Feb 2013

I notice that your screens are 720p (technically 605 because of the wider aspect ratio). You should set your iTunes download resolution to 1080p and post more screenshots.
Old 11-30-2014, 07:48 PM   #3

Apr 2014

My iTunes is already set to 1080p. Everything I'm downloading is 1080p. Otherwise I wouldn't buy it. I have dvds for all these movies. I just checked the snapshot on my computer and it is 1912x806. It is when uploading the same shot, it gets reduced to 720p. I'll try to upload them again. I just tried to attach files and noticed that the limit for jpeg is 97.7kb. While the smallest shot for Devdas is 102. Is there a way to attach those shots? Meanwhile here are shots Duplicate:

Duplicate01.jpg

Duplicate02.jpg

Duplicate03.jpg
Thanks given by:
HDDCS (12-03-2014)
Old 11-30-2014, 09:48 PM   #4

Feb 2013

Put a Google drive link?
Old 11-30-2014, 11:15 PM   #5
Special Member

Jul 2009
Johannesburg - South Africa

Thanks for this thread RajKapoor

I was hoping to ask, as i had seen many movies on HD on itunes, even Gulaab Gang.

Can we get some technical information on the movies? What formats? Size of the files? Subtitles etc?

Also, please update the main movie listings on Bluray.com for those movies that are available on Itunes.

Thanks again
LG 42" LW6510 3D TV | Onkyo TX-NR 609 (7.2 Setup) |
Sony PS4 - 500 GB (Region B) | Sony PS3 - 250 GB (Region B) | Sony PS3 - 250 GB (Region A)|
Oppo BD-103 | HP Envy M6 |
Polk Audio CSi A6 | Polk Audio Tsi 500's | Polk Audio Tsi 100's | Wharfedale Diamond 10 DFS Surrounds | JBL ES250PBK |
Optoma HD25-LV 3D Projector | Elite Manual Screen 109"
Old 12-01-2014, 12:01 AM   #6

Apr 2014

mrbrat_Boy
You are welcome! There are more than 350 hindi movies on iTunes. All the recent ones and many old once are in both HD and SD format. File sizes for HD (1080p) are from 5 to 8GB while for SD are about 1.5 to 3GB. HD movies have Dolby 5.1 audio and English subtitles. These are all m4v format. You want to have a of list of all the movies or just the HD ones. I guess you don't have access to iTunes store. They have trailers for almost all movies. My main concern is movies whose Blu-rays haven't released but are available on iTunes in HD. So is this the end of older movies on Blu-rays?
nrD
I don't use Google drive. I can set it up though. But I'm sure most people have access to iTunes store. They can watch trailers there. By the way, I took a snapshot from Kick movie's full MKV file and it came to 118KB. I think they should increase the file size limits.
Thanks given by:
HDDCS (12-03-2014)
Old 12-01-2014, 03:49 PM   #7
Blu-ray Knight

Nov 2009
Hong Kong

I'll pay someone to make a copy of that Devdas TV version with English subs!
Thanks given by:
nrD (12-01-2014)
Old 12-01-2014, 04:42 PM   #8

Jan 2014
Mumbai ♥

Devdas screenshots look great! Really life like. Duplicate looks nice too. Could anyone load screenshots from Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam, or some movie of the sort? Thanks!
Please consider my "votes of thanks" as "Likes".
Old 12-01-2014, 06:33 PM   #9
Expert Member

Oct 2009

I would pay someone Blu Ray discs of Duplicate and Devdas 1080p versions. Basic Menus required.
Thanks given by:
nrD (12-01-2014)
Old 12-01-2014, 07:05 PM   #10

Apr 2014

Dostana (1980) HD shots:

Dostana_01.jpg

Dostana_02.jpg

Dostana_03.jpg
Thanks given by:
HDDCS (12-03-2014)
Old 12-01-2014, 10:06 PM   #11

Feb 2013

rajkapoor,

I mean if you use any cloud storage thing like dropbox, iCloud, OneDrive, Google Drive, etc. then you can just put it on there and put a share link here.
Old 12-02-2014, 12:44 AM   #12

Apr 2014

nrD
I don't use any of the cloud storage services. Moreover I'm not putting any more shots unless someone asks me for them. I just wanted people to know that iTunes store has HD versions of many movies for which no Blu-rays have been released. If they like the quality, they can buy them from there for about $8.00 each.
I'll be buying most of the movies for which I don't have the Blu-rays. I have no hope anymore to see blu-rays for older movies . Today's generation has no interest in movies showing hero and heroine sitting and singing on a bicycle or a tonga etc. If a movie like Sholay properly digitized and converted to 3d flops miserably, what results can you expect for the less popular movies. Moreover most Indians don't like to spend money on Blu-rays or DVDs, which is changing a bit now but for only the new movies. Therefore I don't blame the companies for not coming out with BDs for old movies. I just want to enjoy with whatever is available. Thanks!
Thanks given by:
nrD (12-02-2014), toddly6666 (12-02-2014)
Old 12-02-2014, 12:56 AM   #13

Feb 2013

Lol. Funny how cinema works nowadays.
Thanks given by:
HDDCS (12-03-2014)
Old 12-02-2014, 05:17 AM   #14

Feb 2013
India

Watched "Duplicate" on StarGold HD recently and I guess that was better than iTunes version.
Few Blu-rays available FOR EXCHANGE, Contact if you are interested in these titles.
Old 12-02-2014, 08:29 AM   #15
Expert Member

Oct 2009

Just finished watching DEVDAS in 1080p

WOW

What a treat this was to see this grand movie in such high definition! I don't even think it looked that great when i first saw it!

What a shame it is that EROS won't release this on actual BLU RAY DISC
It would make for a great collectors item. The songs itself was worth the 10 bucks on iTunes!
Old 12-02-2014, 09:09 AM   #16

Jan 2014
Mumbai ♥

I guess Eros has done a new transfer for Devdas. The songs are available on YouTube, uploaded by Erosnow, and they look much better than the Eros DVD. The colors look natural and good, unlike the Eros DVD, which looks horrid. Not only that, but the YouTube videos are from is clean source, unlike the Eros DVD (taken from a damaged source). I hope they are considering this title for a Blu-ray treatment.

Unfortunately, this isn't the case with Hum Dil De Chuke. The transfer on Eros now uploads is as horrid as their DVD transfer. But so many sources on this forum say that Eros was working on this movie for a Blu-ray treatment. No sign so far??
Old 12-02-2014, 10:30 AM   #17

Feb 2013
India

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDDCS View Post
I guess Eros has done a new transfer for Devdas. The songs are available on YouTube, uploaded by Erosnow, and they look much better than the Eros DVD. The colors look natural and good, unlike the Eros DVD, which looks horrid. Not only that, but the YouTube videos are from is clean source, unlike the Eros DVD (taken from a damaged source). I hope they are considering this title for a Blu-ray treatment.

Unfortunately, this isn't the case with Hum Dil De Chuke. The transfer on Eros now uploads is as horrid as their DVD transfer. But so many sources on this forum say that Eros was working on this movie for a Blu-ray treatment. No sign so far??
May be but there is possibility if all these done for online viewing (iTunes etc.)

I had a discussion about Blu-rays with my friend, who lives in Netherlands. He said he always watch movies online as they are 1080p too and much cheaper than purchasing physical media (Blu-ray).
The another reason for watching movies online could be high-speed internet there. He was using 6G that time.

Amazon US also provides services to watch movies online. I am not sure if companies like Eros would author all the movies for online purpose only (as many movies are already available on iTunes now).
Few Blu-rays available FOR EXCHANGE, Contact if you are interested in these titles.
Old 12-02-2014, 03:43 PM   #18
Special Member

Jul 2009
Johannesburg - South Africa

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajkapoor View Post
mrbrat_Boy
You are welcome! There are more than 350 hindi movies on iTunes. All the recent ones and many old once are in both HD and SD format. File sizes for HD (1080p) are from 5 to 8GB while for SD are about 1.5 to 3GB. HD movies have Dolby 5.1 audio and English subtitles. These are all m4v format. You want to have a of list of all the movies or just the HD ones. I guess you don't have access to iTunes store. They have trailers for almost all movies. My main concern is movies whose Blu-rays haven't released but are available on iTunes in HD. So is this the end of older movies on Blu-rays?
nrD
I don't use Google drive. I can set it up though. But I'm sure most people have access to iTunes store. They can watch trailers there. By the way, I took a snapshot from Kick movie's full MKV file and it came to 118KB. I think they should increase the file size limits.
Hi

I do have access to Itunes, just curious as to which movies are HD, so your first thread could list the movies with the links, and if you can, add to the list of available releases for the specific movies on the bluray.com database; just like what i did below for Devdas:

http://www.blu-ray.com/itunes/Devdas-iTunes/13496/
LG 42" LW6510 3D TV | Onkyo TX-NR 609 (7.2 Setup) |
Sony PS4 - 500 GB (Region B) | Sony PS3 - 250 GB (Region B) | Sony PS3 - 250 GB (Region A)|
Oppo BD-103 | HP Envy M6 |
Polk Audio CSi A6 | Polk Audio Tsi 500's | Polk Audio Tsi 100's | Wharfedale Diamond 10 DFS Surrounds | JBL ES250PBK |
Optoma HD25-LV 3D Projector | Elite Manual Screen 109"
Old 12-02-2014, 04:09 PM   #19

Jan 2014
Mumbai ♥

Take a look at this! Looks much better than the regular Eros DVD. Devdas is definitely a new transfer.

However, some things just had to look/sound worse.

Last edited by HDDCS; 12-02-2014 at 04:13 PM.
Old 12-02-2014, 06:04 PM   #20
Expert Member

Oct 2009

Are we sure that EROS isn't lining these up for release on blu ray? Maybe iTunes just got them first?
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > India