Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, Cheap Blu-ray Movies!
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Pieces (Blu-ray)
$27.99
Breaking Bad: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$59.99
3-D Rarities (Blu-ray)
$24.53
Sicario 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Xanadu (Blu-ray)
$9.99
American Ultra (Blu-ray)
$10.00
The X-Files: The Collector's Set (Blu-ray)
$208.96
Howard the Duck (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Strange Brew (Blu-ray)
$8.99
Goosebumps (Blu-ray)
$15.00
My Science Project (Blu-ray)
$6.99
Darker than Black: Complete Season 1 (Blu-ray)
$48.98
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > India

Old 01-30-2016, 05:34 AM   #1
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2010
India
India/Bollywood Is Myindiashopping (MIS) a fraud?

On 8th of Jan I placed an order for about 700rs worth of DVDs with MIS. Initially there was some notification about the payment having failed, but the amount had been deducted from my card. I shot them a mail and then got a reply saying that the order was in process and would be shipped soon.

But after that there was no communication from them. On 13th Jan I sent them a mail asking them about the order and when it would be delivered. They never responded to that nor sent any further communication till date (30th Jan). So in essence, they have taken my money, but not bothered to either deliver the item or even inform me as to what is happening with my order, despite my having enquired with them.

I have sent them a more aggressive mail today. If I don't get a sufficiently satisfactory response by Monday I'm going to dispute the charge with my bank. The lack of any response on their part is very disturbing to me as a customer, and I wonder if they're going to drop the curtains and run from the back door.

They had been generally alright with my previous orders (except once when they sent me a mail asking for significant additional money to cover shipping charges for an import DVD which was not at all made clear at the time of the transaction).

Anyway this is basically to let other people know my experience so they are wary when dealing with these fellows.
Old 01-30-2016, 06:04 AM   #2

Apr 2010

My experience has been troublesome with them as well. The phones were unreachable as I was told they have 'connectivity issues'. They used to reply on emails with a 1-2 day response time, but their commitments never matched their actions (Missed product shipments, wrong product delivered, shipping charges not disclosed upfront and communicated via e-mail).
The non-response and unexplained delay in your case seems a final nail in their coffin.
Do keep us posted Ravenus on the outcome of this issue.
Old 01-30-2016, 07:44 AM   #3

Nov 2009

Quote:
They never responded to that nor sent any further communication till date (30th Jan). So in essence, they have taken my money, but not bothered to either deliver the item or even inform me as to what is happening with my order, despite my having enquired with them.
Some would call it THEFT!!! or you can this money went to MIS CHARITY...

I once waited 8 months for an order to be completed and that to incorrectly. The making of DVD for LUCIA was missing. I am sure it was QUALITY CHECKED pretty well. Email and Email to get it sorted wad getting tedious.

What I was told was they advertise all the products on their site but dont have anything in stock. they source it after they get the order.

Their Customer service being called terrible is an understatement.

The shipping weight is an absolute joke. One blu ray unopened weight 120 or 130 grams and 1 cd 100 grams. They blamed the packaging

If their DVDs/CD/Blu Rays are like this - i would hate to see how their MIS GRAND WEDDING (WEDDING PLANNING) business goes...
HOME THEATRE ROOM
  • BenQ W6000 / 120 inch Screen
  • Integra DTR 50.3 / Bose Acoustimass® 15 speaker system
  • Oppo BD93 - Region Free / PS3 80GB - Region B / WD TV LIVE
Old 01-30-2016, 02:32 PM   #4

Oct 2011

I have also ordered Vaishali Blu-ray and I am still waiting as it's been over a month now, they said that they are having a situation with their distributors in UK I have placed the order thinking that blu-ray movies are available in stock with them. I was also told that not to order any more Ayngaran or Seyons Blu-rays by the person who is having this phone number "9249598165" and this is not in USE 0471-6540664.

If someone has any clue about this situation please reply back.

Thanks
Thanks given by:
dhineshramasamy (01-31-2016)
Old 01-30-2016, 04:16 PM   #5

Dec 2010

Hello Everyone,

I have been ordering from MIS and never had a problem. I know the owner personally. I had a word with him on this thread. He has asked people with issues to send him a whatsapp message to the contact number along with the order number and their queries and he would personally look into this.

You can also send a mail to "support@myindiashopping.com" with the subject "Attn: Sam:"

Please provide your order numbers and your concerns to his phone or the email address provided above.

Thanks
DOWNLOAD! BD|DVD|Databases 2014-15
http://tinyurl.com/DB2014-2015
Old 01-30-2016, 05:16 PM   #6
Expert Member

May 2010

Oh, man, I placed a rather large order on 27 January. I hope they ship it in a timely manner, since I'm having it delivered to where a relative visiting India is staying so they could bring it back. If the package arrives after they leave (or if it never arrives) I'm going to be upset.
Old 01-31-2016, 03:16 PM   #7

Sep 2011

if u pay via VISA or Master card , On fraud activity you can file claim and get charge back. This is not possible via net banking payments
Be Original Buy Original :::: Don't Support Piracy
Thanks given by:
dhineshramasamy (01-31-2016)
Old 01-31-2016, 07:35 PM   #8

Mar 2010

I struggled massively with them, they shipped the entire order a month after I placed it. They used the excuse of Baahubali being on pre-order.........but in the end, they didn't bother shipping the BD, and made some excuse about some green residue on the disc. I e-mailed Reliance to check whether this was true, but that's another typical desi company, no response!

It's a pity, because Induna has extortionate shipping charges and an inflated exchange rate, Rhythm House has closed down, and MIS is the only other company that I know of that ships overseas. I'm now resorting to Ebay to get my discs.
Old 02-01-2016, 08:46 AM   #9
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2010
India

After sending a second mail with ATTN SAM in the subject line as suggested by Rajiv, today I received a dispatch note from MIS. No apologies, not even a mention of the inordinate delay after the order and the lack of response in between
If there are other options for ordering South Indian movies online let me know because I would want to avoid using these asses if possible.
Old 02-02-2016, 07:51 AM   #10

Mar 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenus View Post
If there are other options for ordering South Indian movies online let me know because I would want to avoid using these asses if possible.
Are the DVDs you are after not available at Amazon?
Old 02-02-2016, 08:43 AM   #11
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2010
India

^With Amazon the thing is, it's a market place and individual items may be sold by different sellers, each of whom will have delivery charges (and also varying reliability). I usually prefer ordering from a single place and take advantage of free delivery over a certain order value. But now yes, it is something to consider.
Old 02-02-2016, 10:43 AM   #12

Feb 2012

http://mymoviemall.com/

good service
Old 02-02-2016, 05:33 PM   #13

Apr 2011

^ Exceptional discounts and deals too

[Show spoiler]
Thanks given by:
kaykaysud (02-02-2016)
Old 02-02-2016, 07:18 PM   #14
Special Member

May 2009
In my own world !

I was a long time customer of MIS (have ordered and received over 50 films) until they botched up 2 of my orders. These orders had about 15+ movies including DVDs. All of the films except Tamil ones got delivered fine but the rest (about 12 films) were never shipped for more than 3 months. Emailed them back and forth and they mentioned about Ayngaran closing down abruptly and not being able to source the films. Gave them the benefit of doubt and waited for the films, all the while they continued listing these films for sale on their website !

Fed up after 4.5 months, I asked for a refund and was told that my items have been shipped from Singapore. Couple more months and 2 more 'We have shipped your order, AGAIN' emails later, filed a dispute on Paypal. Got a full refund and the movies they apparently 'shipped' have never shown up in my mailbox yet. Needless to say, I have taken my business elsewhere since then. Stay Away.
Thanks given by:
dhineshramasamy (02-03-2016), mrbrat_Boy (02-02-2016), ravenus (02-02-2016)
Old 02-02-2016, 07:50 PM   #15
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2010
India

Okay now this is frakking weird. Out of 4 DVD's in my order, I today received one (of the Marathi film Court). It was stamped as having been sent from a shop called Neelam Cassette Centre in Grant Road, Mumbai, and did not contain any invoice. Now they're outsourcing orders?
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > India