Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, Cheap Blu-ray Movies!
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Last Ship: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$24.27
In the Heart of the Sea (Blu-ray)
$12.99
The Return of the Living Dead (Blu-ray)
$22.99
The Universe: The Complete Series Megaset (Blu-ray)
$44.99
The Witch (Blu-ray)
$16.99
The Revenant (Blu-ray)
$14.99
The Expanse: Season One (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Spectre (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Independence Day (Blu-ray)
$53.29
Marvel Animated Collection (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Independence Day (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Sisters (Blu-ray)
$12.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > India

Old 04-06-2012, 01:17 PM   #1

Aug 2008
India/Bollywood Kahaani blu ray to be released soon

Up for pre order at flipkart and shemaroo sites. Early April ( should be May I think ) release

Last edited by Harvey Dent; 04-06-2012 at 01:19 PM.
Old 04-06-2012, 01:46 PM   #2
Special Member

Dec 2011
God's Own Country

BLURAY MRP :799/-
Old 04-06-2012, 01:46 PM   #3
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2010

good news, top film and well shot
Old 04-06-2012, 02:40 PM   #4

May 2010

It's on preorder at Flipkart with an early April release.

The bad news is that its manufactured by Shermaroo, which means the obnoxious watermark will be present.

Why does Shemaroo distribute all of Vidya's films on BD! (Ishqiya, Dirty Picture, Kahaani)
Old 04-06-2012, 03:26 PM   #5
Expert Member

Mar 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smartkid View Post
The bad news is that its manufactured by Shermaroo, which means the obnoxious watermark will be present.
One more blu-ray down the drain of Shamearoo. I guess I need to catch this in the theater before it's too late.

Quote:
Why does Shemaroo distribute all of Vidya's films on BD! (Ishqiya, Dirty Picture, Kahaani)
Personally I don't care two hoots for 'The Dirty Picture' but not being able to have 'Ishqiya' on blu-ray is a real shame.
Old 04-06-2012, 04:59 PM   #6

Aug 2008

Be it Shamearoo or Shemaroo, atleast these guys still releasing movies on blu ray. Reliance and Eros seem to have conveniently forgotten that there is a home video format called blu ray. No news of Rockstar or Agneepath or Don 2. I think they are waiting for their favourite star , Akshay Kumar's Housefull 2 before they start releasing anything else on blu ray.
Old 04-07-2012, 01:08 AM   #7
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2010

the reasons (if any) for the watermark being there are unacceptable but its quite small compared to what they do on dvd and not that distracting. IMHO, not buying quality films because of it is illogical, especially movies like Kahaani and Ishqiya.
Old 04-07-2012, 04:14 AM   #8

Sep 2009
Chicago

The watermark does take away from the viewing in some strange way. I would never buy a movie on Blu-ray with a watermark.
“To choose doubt as a philosophy of life is akin to choosing immobility as a means of transportation.” — Y. Martel
Old 04-07-2012, 05:41 AM   #9
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2010

if there were other options I would understand, but if it comes down to having a movie you like and not having it at all, it seems a little excessive to me. Especially when the rest of the encode is fine (I have only seen 2-3 shemaroo blus and they are technically proficient except for the watermark issue).
Old 04-07-2012, 06:23 AM   #10

Oct 2011
india

ahhh me not buying coz of watermark
My Setup
Lg 32LF20FR LCD l Pioneer HTP-071 5.1 600 Rms l Sony BDP S380 l Sony PS3 320GB l Philips DVP3568 RF. HTPC [ i3 -2100 Proccy ,Digilite H61 Mobo ,Corsair 2 x 4GB DDR3 1333hz Ram,HD Radeon 7850 2GB GDDR5 , Asus BW-12B1ST Burner , Vip 600 Watts PSU]
Old 04-07-2012, 07:25 AM   #11

Dec 2009

Quote:
It's on preorder at Flipkart with an early April release.

The owner of SHEMAROO must be a huge fan of Vidya Balan
Can we please have the Blu-ray release on the same day as DVD. I don't like waiting.

Last edited by annayya; 04-07-2012 at 07:27 AM.
Old 04-07-2012, 02:43 PM   #12
Expert Member

May 2010
Bangalore

Oh no!!!!

Very disheartening to even imagine perhaps the year's most outstanding movie going to docks by the watermark. I doubt but if anyone from shemaroo is reading this, but if they are, "please dont do this" is all i have to say.
Old 04-10-2012, 03:40 PM   #13

May 2010

BD release has been postponed to early May. DVD will be out this week.
Old 04-11-2012, 04:54 PM   #14

Sep 2009

Another Shemaroo whining on the famous watermark!

If you don't like it don't buy the Blu-Ray or Rent it. Yes, the watermark is annoying but Shemaroo isn't going stop placing it.

I don't really mind the watermark because Shemaroo makes up for it with outputting a high quality Blu-Ray.
Old 02-16-2016, 12:44 AM   #15
Expert Member

Jun 2014

Just watched this. Exquisite movie that really shows off how dexterous today's Bollywood has become. I noticed the watermark about halfway through and was perturbed for a moment but since I needed to read subtitles anyway it wasn't as distracting as it could have been. This was a top notch bluray production by any standard.

If anyone has any other recommendations based on this one I would LOVE to explore the variety of Bollywood a bit more. I'm getting tired of sharukh khan love stories lol.
Old 02-16-2016, 04:34 AM   #16
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2010
India

Quote:
Originally Posted by infiniteCR View Post
If anyone has any other recommendations based on this one I would LOVE to explore the variety of Bollywood a bit more. I'm getting tired of sharukh khan love stories lol.
Ugly by Anurag Kashyap is a very good neo-noir.
Old 02-16-2016, 08:23 AM   #17
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2010
India

Although, I didn't care for it Detective Byomkesh Bakshi! is a non-stereotype pulp detective thriller that might grab your fancy.
Piku was a very well-made funny heart-warmer about the relationship between an aged hypochondriac and his suffering daughter.
Dum Laga ke Haisha was a sweet low-key social+rom-com set in a small town where an illiterate guy with an inferiority complex is married off to a plump graduate girl.
If HD is not an absolute necessity there's a fantastic bleak and brutal crime drama called Titli, which for my money was the best Hindi film of last year. Available as a 2-DVD special edition.
If you're not hung up on Hindi films also check out this excellent humorous Tamil heist caper called Soodhu Kavvum.
Old 02-16-2016, 12:59 PM   #18
Special Member

Jan 2009
London, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenus View Post
Although, I didn't care for it Detective Byomkesh Bakshi! is a non-stereotype pulp detective thriller that might grab your fancy.
Piku was a very well-made funny heart-warmer about the relationship between an aged hypochondriac and his suffering daughter.
Dum Laga ke Haisha was a sweet low-key social+rom-com set in a small town where an illiterate guy with an inferiority complex is married off to a plump graduate girl.
If HD is not an absolute necessity there's a fantastic bleak and brutal crime drama called Titli, which for my money was the best Hindi film of last year. Available as a 2-DVD special edition.
If you're not hung up on Hindi films also check out this excellent humorous Tamil heist caper called Soodhu Kavvum.
Didn't like Detective Byomkesh Bakshi even though I am a fan of Dibakar. I felt he just lost it terms of the script, storytelling and direction.

Loved the other two you suggested

@infiniteCR, try Johnny Gaddar. No BD yet, but a truly good movie.
Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.- Martin Luther King, Jr.
Asus A53E Blu Ray i7 Notebook | Sony BDP S350 | Infocus IN82 Full HD DC3 DLP | Onkyo TX-SR 607 | Q Acoustics 1010i, 1000Ci, 1000Si
My Theater Gallery
Old 02-16-2016, 05:46 PM   #19
Expert Member

Jun 2014

Thank you ravenus and anibap. Also interested in Piku, I had seen that one at amazon with Irfan Khan and couldn't decide from the reviews if it was going to be ok or not. I will definitely pick it up now. I know its not part of this subject, but at that time I also picked up PK and Fanaa with Amir Khan that I look forward to watching. Think I also got one called Vinglish.

I have some more shopping to go do thanks to you fellows. Thanks

As I watch them all, I promise to find the right threads as well.
Old 02-18-2016, 06:23 AM   #20
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2010

I would also recommend Ishqiya.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > India