Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Sons of Anarchy: Seasons 1-6 (Blu-ray)
$99.99
8 hrs ago
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes (Blu-ray)
$9.96

Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Let's Be Cops (Blu-ray)
$9.96
1 hr ago
X-Men: Days of Future Past (Blu-ray)
$9.96
14 hrs ago
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$49.99

The Complete Jacques Tati (Blu-ray)
$59.99

Harry Potter: Complete 8-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$44.99

Sleeping Beauty (Blu-ray)
$18.99

Time Bandits (Blu-ray)
$21.99

The Big Bang Theory: The Complete Seventh Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Homeland: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Batman: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$149.99

COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED
Old 11-24-2009, 10:10 PM   #1

Jan 2009
North Carolina
Default LG BD370 Lip Sync Help

Please forgive me if this is in the wrong place. I guess it could equally fall between player and home theater discussion, so...

I recently bought a LG BD370 and absolutely LOVE it. It is day and night difference from the old Panny I had, but there is a lip sync issue with some movies. Apparently this is a known issue though it is said it can be remedied with certain audio setups.

Currently, I am using my TV speakers, so I am due for an upgrade. The room is small (12x12), so I do not need a powerful setup. I am mainly concerned with the ability to adjust delay (apparently, this will help my lip sync issue?). I would appreciate some affordable suggestions.

Let me know what further information is needed. I am a newb when it comes to audio. I just want to enjoy my player without the lip sync issue.

Thank you for any help and your patience!
Old 11-24-2009, 10:21 PM   #2

Apr 2008
Southern California

You may want to make sure you have the most up to date firmware. You can download from the LG website www.lge.com.
Sharp 46D62U
Denon AVR1910
Panasonic BD30
Polk Audio
eD A2-300
Old 11-24-2009, 10:40 PM   #3

Jan 2009
North Carolina

Thanks, but I am updated.

It is not as noticeable on some BDs, but on A Christmas Story, you see a door slam THEN hear it slam a split second later.
Old 11-27-2009, 04:31 AM   #4

Nov 2009

Try this - start the actual movie playing, turn off your TV, wait about 20 seconds, and turn it back on. See if you still have the sync problem.

I have a Samsung TV with a Sharp Aquos BR player upstairs that the sound is out of sync on for some reason and that's what I do to combat this problem. I think my TV may need a firmware update or something but I'm getting a receiver to pump the sound through so I haven't worried about it yet.
Old 12-03-2009, 02:18 PM   #5

Nov 2009
Unhappy Same problem with Samsung LED UE6050

Hi,

I also have syncing problems. I have a PS3 and a brand new Samsung LED tv, 32 inch, of the 6 series (the cheapest one lol UE32B6050 is the number lol) when I play blu rays and DVDs there is a noticable lip sync issue, for instance on 'Cars' or 'Striking Distance'. What can I do to fix it? I find it exasperating to have bought a new tv, which should come with all the fixings, then have it be faulty. Also, can anybody help me understand exactly what the problem is? It seems when I click 'reset audio settings' in the tv's menu during play, that it gets better, and that when I change the colour output method from 'Y Pb/Cb Pr/Cr' to 'RGB' it gets better but not perfect. There is also the option of reducing the picture quality but that doesn't work either, I mean, the syncing problem remains. I've formatted my PS3 and restored default settings and even that doesn't fix it! Took four hours and garnered no result. "#!#!

Can anybody help me understand what is going on and what I must do?

Regards,

Jesper, new member

ps. Is the problem my PS3 or the tv? I just can't figure it out..

pps. I updated the firmware to the newest, on the tv, and the Playstation 3 updates itself over the internet it says I have the newest as of writing this post. What is it I'm overlooking??

ppps. When I change the 'AV settings' via the Playstation 3 controller during play, the setting 'RGB Full Range' from "Full" to "Limited" it gets even better but still not perfect.

pppps. Any suggestions? rofl

Last edited by jbb123; 12-03-2009 at 02:41 PM.
Old 02-20-2010, 07:35 PM   #6

Feb 2010
Default same lip sync problem...

Hi, I just registered here. I'm hoping someone will be able to answer my questions.

I just bought the LG BD370 (my 1st blu-ray player). Setup was pretty easy, but I haven't connected it to the internet yet (no extra ethernet cable). So I plan on doing that soon.

I put in the newest Star Trek movie, and the picture looks good, but I'm having a hard time with the sound. I have no external audio devices--no surround sound or anything--all I'm using are the built in speakers on my tv. The sound is present, and it sounds really great, but it doesn't match up with the video. There's a big lip sync problem.

I researched and found this is pretty common but there's no real solutions offered anywhere. I've tried messing around somewhat with the audio/video settings but so far haven't found anything that fixes this issue.

Another sound issue I have is that everytime I pause, rewind/fastforward, skip chapters or hit stop, there is this annoyingly loud tone that won't stop. The only way to get it to stop is to turn the tv on mute.

Also....everytime I play a movie, then go to the Home Menu (the one that has Netflix, youtube, setup, etc all listed together) then go back to the movie again, the film starts back at the beginning again. Isn't there a way to go to and from the Home Menu and be able to save your place in the movie?

Last edited by brandnewfan; 02-20-2010 at 07:44 PM.
Old 03-01-2010, 07:13 PM   #7

Feb 2010

As I am about to go and buy this player I called LG today. I mentioned the lipsync issue and the guy said you can use netcast to go to LG's website right from the player and download the firmware which should help this issue. He also said they have no knowlege that there is even an issue but the firmware update should help....or call them and they will perform the firmware update for you online.

Last edited by davidp71; 03-01-2010 at 07:32 PM.
Old 03-02-2010, 12:37 PM   #8

Mar 2010
Default Wireless Adapter for LG Blu-Ray Player

Does anyone know what wireless adapters will work with the LG Blu-Ray Players
So I can stream the pandora and Netflix to my TV wirelessly

Any help will be appreciated
Thank you
Old 03-02-2010, 04:56 PM   #9

Feb 2010
Rochester NY

i just bought this same player and i have no issues yet.
i did have this problem at my old house. oddly enough it had something to dowith the cable coming in the house causing a delay. we changed all wiring and box andit fixed it. so maybe u can rewire and warranty your LG BD370 to see if it fixes the problem.
50" LG HD flat tv
Denon 1910
LG bd370 Blu Ray player
Polk Audio TSi300 floor speakers
Polk Audio TSi200 rear speakers
Polk Audio TSi100 side speakers
Polk Audio TSi cs10 center channal
Polk Audio PSW111 sub woofer
Old 03-02-2010, 05:44 PM   #10

Feb 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anibal829 View Post
Does anyone know what wireless adapters will work with the LG Blu-Ray Players
So I can stream the pandora and Netflix to my TV wirelessly

Any help will be appreciated
Thank you
You may want to call LG to ask. I know the new BD590 and 570 have wireless built in. I am not sure about the other models.
Old 03-02-2010, 09:08 PM   #11
Blu-ray Duke

Oct 2007
Metropolis

This player can be made region-free for dvd, for those unaware of that capability.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray > Blu-ray Players and Recorders