Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Fargo: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99
4 hrs ago
Arrow: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99
10 hrs ago
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$49.99

Planet of the Apes: Legacy Collection (Blu-ray)
$17.99
1 hr ago
Sleeping Beauty (Blu-ray)
$18.99

Harry Potter: Complete 8-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$44.99

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes (Blu-ray)
$11.99

The Big Bang Theory: The Complete Seventh Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99

The Complete Jacques Tati (Blu-ray)
$59.99

True Detective (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Batman: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$149.99

22 Jump Street (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Vikings: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99

COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 07-21-2010, 09:46 PM   #61
Blu-ray Archduke

May 2010
Mississippi, U.S.A. DigiBooks-------------------------->89 SteelBooks™--------->149 UV-------->303

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy300 View Post
When did the Dale Earnhardt story go out of print?
Doesn't give a date, but it must not be in very high demand because Amazon still has new copies for $25. Of course you can still find new HD DVDs as well.
Old 07-21-2010, 11:30 PM   #62
Super Moderator

Jul 2007
Edo, Land of the Samurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by John72953 View Post
Legends of Jazz

I know several members have this, but I also know several that want it and can't find it anywhere, unless they want to pay a ridiculous price.

John
Added.
Old 07-21-2010, 11:54 PM   #63
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2008
West Hollywood, CA.

REDS (Paramount) is out of print.
Old 07-22-2010, 12:24 AM   #64
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2007
Cincinnati, OH
Send a message via AIM to QuasidodoJr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy300 View Post
When did the Dale Earnhardt story go out of print?
Funny thing about the Dale Earnhardt story blu-ray - I saw it for $3 at Big Lots and still passed on buying it. But, I guess anyone who is interested in it, check at Big Lots, if you have stores in your area.

Oh, also: Blu Titan, The Man Who Fell to Earth is another Criterion blu which is now out of print.

http://www.criterion.com/films/755-t...-fell-to-earth

Last edited by QuasidodoJr; 07-22-2010 at 12:33 AM.
Old 07-22-2010, 12:35 AM   #65
Blu-ray Ninja

Mar 2007
...somewhere in Sweden
-

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad1963 View Post
REDS (Paramount) is out of print.
that's the one I was going to mention.
hard to know if it is really OOP, or if Paramount is still deciding whether or not to have more copies pressed.
so crazy that such a great film--that was unavailable on dvd for so long--
is now possible already OOP.
Old 12-13-2010, 02:24 PM   #66

Sep 2010
Ohio
Default A Cumulative OOP Blu-ray Thread

Alright, just like the title says, this is for Blurays that are (REPORTEDLY NOT OFFICIALLY) OOP or have been listed as discontinued, but at least might still be readily available on Amazon or other retailers (for now). We've dabbled in certain editions of a movie, but I'm kind of trying to stay more towards movies that were released, but now don't have another one (with Criterions being the main exception, as The Third Man has since been rereleased). I don't know, if enough people want a change in format so that I put in stuff like the Natural Born Killers Blu-Book (even though a normal version is still in print) gets put in the list, I can. It's really a judgment call. Regardless, for now, here we have a list. Enjoy and contribute, please.

AGAIN. TAKE THESE AT FACE VALUE. NONE OF THESE HAVE BEEN CONFIRMED, JUST REPORTED AS OOP. I'M JUST TRYING TO HELP OUT IF THEY INDEED ARE OOP.

ABC Studios
[Show spoiler]
Lost: The Complete Collection

Alliance Canada - To my knowledge, I don't believe these were ever released in the US, but they're still region 1, so they could obviously be imported from Canada and played here.
[Show spoiler]
The Cell
Cellular
Cursed
Dracula 2000
Harsh Times
The Hitcher
The Return

Bandai
[Show spoiler]
Freedom
Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence
Jin-Roh
SOS! Tokyo Metro Explorers
Yukikaze

Blue Underground
[Show spoiler]
The Bird with the Crystal Plumage

Criterion
[Show spoiler]
The Third Man
The Man Who Fell to Earth
Pierrot Le Fou

Dark Sky Films
[Show spoiler]
Texas Chainsaw Massacre

Disney
[Show spoiler]
Sleeping Beauty

Dreamworks
[Show spoiler]
Bee Movie - POTENTIALLY HAD A RECENT REPRINT
Disturbia
The Heartbreak Kid
The Kite Runner
The Last Kiss
Norbit

ESPN
[Show spoiler]
3: The Dale Earnhardt Story

Honneamise
[Show spoiler]
Akira

MSI: Universal Music Group
[Show spoiler]
The Beatles Hard Day's Night

Optimum Home Entertainment
[Show spoiler]
They Live (Was released as a region free title in the UK. It has never been released in North America)

Paramount - Some of these are still available, some are gone and have gone up severely in price. This seems to be the worst company with Blu's already out of print that may not actually be out of print, so be wary about Paramount. Clearly, this is one giant fustercluck, but since these are nearly all of the titles that have appeared near any rumor with the words 'Bluray' 'OOP' 'Paramount' in them, I'm going to keep them.
[Show spoiler]
Black Rain
Coach Carter
Election
Failure to Launch
Fatal Attraction
Freedom Writers
Hot Rod
Indecent Proposal
The Last Holiday
A Mighty Heart
Nacho Libre
Paycheck
Reds
The Ruins
Strange Wilderness
World Trade Center
Zodiac

Section 23
[Show spoiler]
Canaan: Complete Collection

Sony
[Show spoiler]
Into the Blue
Memento (Until 10th Anniversary Bluray to be released Feb. 22)

Tartan Video
[Show spoiler]
Oldboy

Universal
[Show spoiler]
Eastern Promises
Frost/Nixon
Seabiscuit

Warner Bros
[Show spoiler]
Watchmen Ultimate Cut

20th Century Fox
[Show spoiler]
Deception
High Crimes
Phone Booth
Point Break - Getting a reprint, will be re-released June 14th.
Fact. Black Dynamite is the greatest movie ever made.

Remember, folks. If you live in Northeast Ohio, or close to Cleveland, join this - Cleveland Movie Club

Last edited by tfunk; 02-17-2011 at 01:33 PM.
Old 12-13-2010, 02:38 PM   #67
Special Member

Dec 2008

Blue Undergrond's web site says that The Bird with the Crystal Plumage is out of print, but other places seems to still have much stock available.
Old 12-13-2010, 02:41 PM   #68

Sep 2010
Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leterface View Post
Blue Undergrond's web site says that The Bird with the Crystal Plumage is out of print, but other places seems to still have much stock available.
Just looked it up on Amazon and it's still on the cheap. So either it hasn't hit yet, or it's just not in enough demand.

Remember, folks. If you live in Northeast Ohio, or close to Cleveland, join this - Cleveland Movie Club
Old 12-13-2010, 02:47 PM   #69
Expert Member

Oct 2008
Miami

good luck on the thread. i think its an excellent idea. you might want to add the disney titles that go back into the vault. i think its sleeping beauty and i read fantasia possible early next year.
Old 12-13-2010, 02:59 PM   #70

Sep 2010
Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello_02 View Post
good luck on the thread. i think its an excellent idea. you might want to add the disney titles that go back into the vault. i think its sleeping beauty and i read fantasia possible early next year.
Yeah, I think right now it's just Sleeping Beauty, although it's still available, too, but I do know it for sure went into the vault at the beginning of this year. I'm sure within the next 6 months it'll be a lot harder to find.

Old 12-13-2010, 06:07 PM   #71

Jan 2010
The Outer Limits

Here are some others that are confirmed out of print.

They Live
-No announcements as to a new release/special edition.

Memento
-Out of print due to 10th Anniversary Edition being released in 2011.
Current Blu-Ray Recommendation:

My Criterion Collection
Old 12-13-2010, 06:14 PM   #72

Oct 2010

Apparently Point Break has gone oop. I was recently trying to find one for a christmas gift and thought for sure that walmart would have it cheap but nope. Theyre out too.
Old 12-13-2010, 06:29 PM   #73

Sep 2010
Ohio

Thanks for letting me know, and keep 'em coming. I'll continue to update as best I can, and if there's info on a future release, I'll put that after the title (as I did with Memento).

Old 12-13-2010, 06:33 PM   #74
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2010
Moosic, PA

Change They Live from being under Universal. From what i know it has not been released stateside yet by Universal. I wish it was its such a great movie. Also nice thread.
Don't touch that please, your primitive intellect wouldn't understand alloys and compositions and things with... molecular structures
Old 12-13-2010, 06:34 PM   #75

Jan 2010
England, UK

I don't know if you are including anime, but if so, you might want to add some by Bandai Visual USA.

1.Yukikaze
2.SOS! Tokyo Metro Explorers
3.Freedom
4.Jin-Roh.
5.Wings of Honneamise

Warner.

1.Watchmen Ultimate Cut

Last edited by jonno394; 12-13-2010 at 06:38 PM.
Old 12-13-2010, 06:36 PM   #76

Sep 2010
Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyOfDarknessAW View Post
Change They Live from being under Universal. From what i know it has not been released stateside yet by Universal. I wish it was its such a great movie. Also nice thread.
I only put it under Universal because that's the distributor of the movie (at least it was for the DVD). I know it was different wherever else it was released, but stateside it was Universal, so I'll just keep it as that since it's the studio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonno394 View Post
I don't know if you are including anime, but if so, you might want to add certain Bandai Visual USA titles like Yukikaze, SOS! Tokyo Metro Explorers , Freedom and Jin-Roh.
I know less than nothing about Anime, but as long as people are ok with me just putting it under the folder 'Anime' and basically copying and pasting whatever people say about it that's OOP, then that's fine with me.

Old 12-13-2010, 06:42 PM   #77
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2010
Moosic, PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfunk View Post
I only put it under Universal because that's the distributor of the movie (at least it was for the DVD). I know it was different wherever else it was released, but stateside it was Universal, so I'll just keep it as that since it's the studio.
Thats what i am saying. Universal has never released it on Blu yet. The studio that put it OOP is Optimum Home Entertainment. Universal had nothing to do with its release or it going OOP. I only say it because it is a bit confusing. I know when i saw it listed under Universal i right away went to Amazon to see if it had somehow slipped by me that it was released. But its your thread i was just giving help. Also i think Hot Rod is OOP on Blu.
Don't touch that please, your primitive intellect wouldn't understand alloys and compositions and things with... molecular structures
Old 12-13-2010, 06:45 PM   #78

Sep 2010
Ohio

Quote:
Thats what i am saying. Universal has never released it on Blu yet. The studio that put it OOP is Optimum Home Entertainment. Universal had nothing to do with its release or it going OOP. I only say it because it is a bit confusing. I know when i saw it listed under Universal i right away went to Amazon to see if it had somehow slipped by me that it was released. But its your thread i was just giving help. Also i think Hot Rod is OOP on Blu.
Alright, I wasn't sure who put it OOP on Blu, so I'll switch that. Thanks for clarifying. And, duh, I even knew about Hot Rod and I forgot. This is going to be more managing than I had ever anticipated, haha.

Old 12-13-2010, 06:48 PM   #79

Jan 2010
The Outer Limits

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tfunk View Post
Alright, I wasn't sure who put it OOP on Blu, so I'll switch that. Thanks for clarifying. And, duh, I even knew about Hot Rod and I forgot. This is going to be more managing than I had ever anticipated, haha.
Correct. 'They Live' was released as a Region Free title by Optimum Home Entertainment in the UK. It has never been released in North America, so that should be updated in the first post.

Great thread by the way, it will be a good resource.
Current Blu-Ray Recommendation:

My Criterion Collection
Old 12-13-2010, 07:25 PM   #80
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2009
Fort Worth, TX

Should things like the Harry Potter: Years 1-5 gift set be included as OOP?
Samsung PN51D7000 3D Plasma
Marantz SR7002 7.1 A/V Receiver
Marantz MM9000 Power Amp
JBL Studio L Series:
LC2 4-way Center Channel
L820s 4-way Fronts
L810s Surrounds
PS3 250GB "slim"/Xbox 360 250GB/Wii
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America