Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Bridge of Spies (Blu-ray)
$8.99

Avatar The Last Airbender: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Tombstone (Blu-ray)
$8.99

A Quiet Place 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99

The Finest Hours (Blu-ray)
$8.99

Fury 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.96

Army of Darkness (Blu-ray)
$19.99

To Have and Have Not (Blu-ray)
$11.85

Zodiac (Blu-ray)
$5.34

Pitch Perfect 3 (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Blade Runner 2049 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99

The Rolling Stones: From the Vault - No Security - San Jose '99 (Blu-ray)
$19.94

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Wish Lists

Old 07-26-2007, 08:35 AM   #1

Jul 2007
orange county, mission viejo
Default They should release Married with Children on Blu-ray!

they should release married with children on blu-ray that would sell quick...
Old 07-26-2007, 09:04 AM   #2
Blu-ray Ninja

Sep 2006
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Send a message via Yahoo to WriteSimply Send a message via Skype™ to WriteSimply

I don't believe that the series was shot using film. No point in re-releasing it on BD.

fuad
Old 07-26-2007, 01:40 PM   #3
Blu-ray Champion

May 2007

The series was shot and mastered on (now very blurry and degraded from overcopying) analog video

There is no possible way to make it HD
Old 07-26-2007, 02:21 PM   #4

May 2007
Earth..I think...no, wait yeah...I think
Send a message via AIM to IamNhobdy

Why does it have to be HD? I would deifinitely buy some of those older shows on blu-ray in SD(preffereably at least remastered)...BUT, I would need multiple seasons or (depending on how many seasons) even the entire series on just one or two BD's. That, to me, would be worth while.
Facebook.com/SugarInTheGasTank
Old 07-26-2007, 02:28 PM   #5
Blu-ray Champion

May 2007

Quote:
Why does it have to be HD? I would deifinitely buy some of those older shows on blu-ray in SD(preffereably at least remastered)...BUT, I would need multiple seasons or (depending on how many seasons) even the entire series on just one or two BD's. That, to me, would be worth while.
Because the "percieved value" issue. They're not going to shove an entire season on 1 disc and then charge people $40 for it. Sure, they could fit the whole thing on 5 BD-50s, but when they're asking for $300 for that, people aren't going to bite. If you pay that much for something, people expect impressive.

Outside of some kind of collection of budget titles, you're never going to see BD disc stuffing when DVD will do.
Old 07-26-2007, 02:39 PM   #6
Blu-ray Guru

May 2007
Columbus, OH

Didn't Fox release a survey a few months back asking which movies and shows that people would like to see on Blu-ray? I remember Married with Children being on the list.
Sharp 80" 1080P LCD
Onkyo TX-SR608
Klipsch RF-52's and Klipsch Quintet III
PS4/ PS3/ Gaming PC/ Wii
PSN: Kjacobs03
Old 07-26-2007, 03:11 PM   #7
Expert Member

Oct 2006
Tonight! you!
Send a message via AIM to Blubaru

There are a few old shows that I would love to see on Blu-ray. Married with Children is one of them. Iím sure it would benefit from some sort of HD transfer.

I would also like to see Twin Peaks and the original Miami Vice.
Toshiba - Is that Japanese for lemon?:D
Old 07-26-2007, 03:13 PM   #8
Blu-ray Champion

May 2007

Quote:
Didn't Fox release a survey a few months back asking which movies and shows that people would like to see on Blu-ray? I remember Married with Children being on the list.
No, because the show belongs to Sony

Even so, the titles were likely chosen (if it was a sony survey) from their better sellers. Marketing people don't pay attention to tech specs
Old 07-26-2007, 03:30 PM   #9
Special Member

Jan 2007
San Diego, CA
Send a message via Yahoo to jermwhl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blubaru View Post
There are a few old shows that I would love to see on Blu-ray. Married with Children is one of them. Iím sure it would benefit from some sort of HD transfer.
It wasn't shot with film, they used analog video. It would be worthless to attempt a remaster. See post #3
60" Pioneer Elite Plasma
60GB PS3
Onkyo TX-SR705
TIVO HD
Old 07-26-2007, 05:01 PM   #10
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2006
Ontario, Canada

Definitely won't be happening. Like the others said, it was shot on analog video. A lot of TV shows in the 80s and early 90s used analog video.

They must be kicking themselves over it now.

Some TV shows like 'Friends' can be remastered since it was shot on film. But will they do it?

We'll have to wait and see...
Old 07-26-2007, 05:09 PM   #11
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2007
Daddyland

"No food, no drink, no money have I none." -Al Bundy

I feel ambivalent about sitcoms in SDTV on blu-ray. I probably would buy them, but some of the less astute public would see that the resolution was poor and complain about problems with blu-ray.

At this stage in the game it's best to just focus on releases that will make the most of blu-ray's capabilities.

B&W Speakers
: 802D | HTM1D | ASW-825 | N805 | SCM1
Amps: VAC Phi Beta 110i | Audio Refinement Multi-5 | Integra DTC-9.8
Display & Front End: Pioneer KRP-600 Kuro | Oppo BDP-95
Misc.: VPI Scout | PSA Premier | Electra Glide & Alpha Core cables
Old 07-26-2007, 06:12 PM   #12
Blu-ray Champion

May 2007

Quote:
Definitely won't be happening. Like the others said, it was shot on analog video. A lot of TV shows in the 80s and early 90s used analog video.

They must be kicking themselves over it now.
Definately not, you save a ton of money, and you can leave the camera going for an hour at a time, making sure you catch all the little moments. It's a far more efficient way to shoot, especially for something as spontaneous as a sitcom taping often ends up being.
Old 07-26-2007, 06:51 PM   #13

May 2007
Earth..I think...no, wait yeah...I think
Send a message via AIM to IamNhobdy

Quote:
Originally Posted by WickyWoo View Post
Because the "percieved value" issue. They're not going to shove an entire season on 1 disc and then charge people $40 for it. Sure, they could fit the whole thing on 5 BD-50s, but when they're asking for $300 for that, people aren't going to bite. If you pay that much for something, people expect impressive.

Outside of some kind of collection of budget titles, you're never going to see BD disc stuffing when DVD will do.
Nobody would be stupid enough to pay $300 for 5 BD full of SD material. If each disk was valued at around $25(the Patriot BD50 is $20 at Walmart), a 5 disk set would be about $125. I'd pay that because that's equal to what you would pay to have five 3 disk sets on standard DVD(as most can be found for about $20-$30 each). My point is the cost could be managed to even out, and the BD would be a more efficient/space saving alternative.

But you are right about perception, and people are always expecting too much from their tech and inevitably are left dissapointed.
Facebook.com/SugarInTheGasTank
Old 09-05-2008, 05:49 AM   #14

Sep 2008
Default Married With Children?????

I have every dvd for married with children. I was wondering if they will ever come out with it on blu ray? Anywhere i can call or email to find out if they will ever make it?
Old 09-05-2008, 07:24 AM   #15
Power Member

Sep 2007
Chicago, IL
Send a message via AIM to DealsR4theDevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by chamkila View Post
I have every dvd for married with children. I was wondering if they will ever come out with it on blu ray? Anywhere i can call or email to find out if they will ever make it?
Like so many sitcoms during that period, Married with Children was filmed on video technology of the time and therefore would not benefit from a Blu-ray release.

Older movies were filmed using real film and therefore have much more to offer than what video tapes could provide. That's why so many old movies look so fantastic on Blu-ray.
Old 09-05-2008, 08:28 AM   #16
Power Member

Sep 2007
Houghton-Le-Spring

Great series but it might not appear on blu.
Old 09-05-2008, 08:30 AM   #17
Banned

May 2007
Brussels, Belgium

It was fun to watch them bicker and quarrel over petty matters
Old 09-05-2008, 09:26 AM   #18

Jan 2008
Denver, CO USA

The only way a videotaped show like this could benefit would be way more episodes on one disc compressed in a better and more efficient codec than MPEG2. I don't like having 5+ DVDs per season. One disc per season would be good... not that I'm going to rebuy it.
Old 09-05-2008, 01:14 PM   #19
Blu-ray Champion

Aug 2007
Mpls, MN

I think you should feel lucky you even get the show released on DVD. So many shows don't sale as well as the new shows and usually the studios end up slowing down on releases or stopping even putting out the later seasons. Married slowed down a bit for a while now you get maybe one season a year on DVD. So just be lucky to get it on standard DVD. :-)

and yeah the others are right it was shot on video so you can't improve the picture quality much at all.
Stop the Replacing of original Studio Opening / Closing logos! These are becoming endangered and should be kept intact. They are part of film history.

Panasonic 65" TC-P65ZT60 Denon X7200WA, Rotel-1582 mkll
MartinLogan: ESL, Grotto i, Motif, FX2, Motion 15, EM-R Oppo UPD 205, Oppo BDP 103 Region Free, Pioneer LD CLD-D505
Old 09-05-2008, 02:46 PM   #20
Hot Deals Moderator

Aug 2007
Detroit, MI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powell&Pressburger View Post
I think you should feel lucky you even get the show released on DVD. So many shows don't sale as well as the new shows and usually the studios end up slowing down on releases or stopping even putting out the later seasons.
MWC is a very popular show, and I'm sure sold very well on DVD.

There are many newer shows that get canceled after 1-2 seasons that are on DVD where your statement could be more applicable.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Wish Lists