Best Blu-ray Deals

Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Guardians of the Galaxy 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Deadwood: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$58.99
Treme: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$64.99
Entourage: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$96.99
Battlestar Galactica: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$89.99
Rise of the Guardians 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Sons of Anarchy: Seasons 1-6 (Blu-ray)
$119.99
Big Hero 6 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Maze Runner (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 3D (Blu-ray)
$69.99
Fairy Tail: Part 13 (Blu-ray)
$31.69
Dragon Ball Z: Season 8 (Blu-ray)
$25.89
White Christmas (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Rocky: Heavyweight Collection (Blu-ray)
$19.99
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED
Old 07-11-2010, 10:17 PM   #1
Blu-ray Ninja

Nov 2009
Send a message via MSN to Billz
United Kingdom Indiana Jones

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Indiana-Jone...8882981&sr=1-3

Excuse me while I go squee.
Hates:
3D
Old 07-11-2010, 10:37 PM   #2
Special Member

Apr 2008
Sweden

There's no price or date, which means it's just a placeholder. Nothing to get excited about.
Old 07-11-2010, 11:16 PM   #3
Blu-ray Ninja

Nov 2009
Send a message via MSN to Billz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyoko View Post
There's no price or date, which means it's just a placeholder. Nothing to get excited about.
But a place holder for a possible blu-ray release is still great.
Hates:
3D
Old 07-12-2010, 12:31 AM   #4
Contributor

Aug 2009
United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billz View Post
But a place holder for a possible blu-ray release is still great.
That along with many others have had a placeholder on Amazon for a while now, from this page.

Am really looking forward to the first Indiana Jones films to come out on Blu-ray though, hopefully their release is not too far away
Setup
Panasonic TX-P42ST30B | Onkyo TX-SR508 | Wharfedale Diamond 10.1 (Fronts) / 10.CM / 10.0 (Rears)
Old 08-01-2010, 04:39 PM   #5

Jan 2010
Default Are We Ever Going To Get The Indiana Jones Set On Bluray?

Hey everyone, just wanted to know if anyone knew if we are ever going to get the Indiana Jones set on bluray, i know the latest one was released on bluray, but i want the other ones!
Many thanks Ben x
Old 08-01-2010, 05:01 PM   #6
Blu-ray Ninja

Apr 2010
United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenBubb View Post
Hey everyone, just wanted to know if anyone knew if we are ever going to get the Indiana Jones set on bluray, i know the latest one was released on bluray, but i want the other ones!
Many thanks Ben x
This question has been asked many tims, and the answer is likely yes we will, but there hasn't been any announcement yet, so I wouldn't hold your hopes up for a release anytime soon.
Old 08-01-2010, 05:06 PM   #7
Expert Member

Dec 2008
Planet Vega

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clone Trooper View Post
This question has been asked many tims, and the answer is likely yes we will, but there hasn't been any announcement yet, so I wouldn't hold your hopes up for a release anytime soon.
According to "The Digital Bits" it is slated to be released sometime this year, hopefully November. Keeping my fingers crossed!
TV: Panasonic TH58PZ800U|Receiver: Denon AVR X 4000|Speakers: KEF Q700, KEF Q600C & KEF 3005SE|Speaker Cables: Audioquest G2, Audioquest X2 & IXOS XHS 606|Speaker Stands: KEF & VTI|Blu-ray Players: Panny DMP BDT 500 (Region A), Sony BDP-S1000ES (Region A) & Sony BDP-S370 (Region B)|Power Center: Monster HDP 2400|Universal Remote: Roomie Remote|Network Audio Streaming: Logitech SB Touch|NAS: Synology DJ1813+| HDMI Cable: Audioquest Pearl TV: Panasonic TC-P65VT60
Old 08-01-2010, 05:39 PM   #8
Blu-ray Ninja

Apr 2010
United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailashu View Post
According to "The Digital Bits" it is slated to be released sometime this year, hopefully November. Keeping my fingers crossed!
THIS YEAR?!?! I doubt it, since there hasn't been any announcement, and there would have been by now, especially at Comic-Con.

However I do hope so, because I watched Kingdom of the Crystal Skull yesterday and kept wishing all the Indy movies where on Blu-ray.
Old 08-01-2010, 06:06 PM   #9
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2009

Quote:
THIS YEAR?!?! I doubt it, since there hasn't been any announcement, and there would have been by now, especially at Comic-Con.

However I do hope so, because I watched Kingdom of the Crystal Skull yesterday and kept wishing all the Indy movies where on Blu-ray.
2011 will mark the 30th Anniversary of Raiders of the Lost Ark, so I guess next year is a possibility.
Old 08-01-2010, 06:17 PM   #10
Blu-ray Ninja

Apr 2010
United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisDilke View Post
2011 will mark the 30th Anniversary of Raiders of the Lost Ark, so I guess next year is a possibility.
Maybe, although the one thing making me doubt it is that the Star Wars Saga box set is coming out next year, and I don't think George Lucas will release both in the same year, because people wouldn't have enough money.

I think it's more likely to be 2012, because that is when the final Indy film is rumoured to be released, so there maybe a big Adevntures box set that comes out that year.
Old 08-01-2010, 06:56 PM   #11
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2009

Quote:
Maybe, although the one thing making me doubt it is that the Star Wars Saga box set is coming out next year, and I don't think George Lucas will release both in the same year, because people wouldn't have enough money.

I think it's more likely to be 2012, because that is when the final Indy film is rumoured to be released, so there maybe a big Adevntures box set that comes out that year.
Maybe the Star Wars set will be postponed. Since Star Wars is still much more popular than Indiana Jones, Lucas will release the latter first. To test the grounds, so to speak (as he did with the DVD sets). Plus, if he's going to follow the whole anniversary thing, Star Wars will be 35 years old in 2012 .
Blu-ray releases should be perfect representations of their cinema counterparts.

My Blu-Ray/DVD Collection
Old 08-01-2010, 07:06 PM   #12
Blu-ray Ninja

Apr 2010
United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by KubrickFan View Post
Maybe the Star Wars set will be postponed. Since Star Wars is still much more popular than Indiana Jones, Lucas will release the latter first. To test the grounds, so to speak (as he did with the DVD sets). Plus, if he's going to follow the whole anniversary thing, Star Wars will be 35 years old in 2012 .
I hope he doesn't postpone it, however I will admit that there is a part of me that isn't sure that Star Wars will be released next year. Although they have started restoring the movies, and even, yes you've guessed it, altered some parts of them, so... maybe, I'm not sure.

Although, even if it does come out in 2012, I don't think it'd be promoted as the 35th Anniversary set, simply because 35th isn't really a WOW FACTOR anniversary, so it wouldn't really feel necessary.

Either way I don't care, I just want both on Blu-ray (but Star Wars sooner).
Old 08-01-2010, 07:20 PM   #13
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2009

I don't know about postponing it, but George Lucas has a history of pissing off his fans by giving Star Wars multiple releases, and I can see him releasing a 6-movie box set next year, but then following them up the year after with separate sets for the two trilogies, thus annoying those who rushed out to buy the 6 movie set but who really only wanted the original films.
Old 08-01-2010, 07:27 PM   #14
Blu-ray Ninja

Apr 2010
United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisDilke View Post
I don't know about postponing it, but George Lucas has a history of pissing off his fans by giving Star Wars multiple releases, and I can see him releasing a 6-movie box set next year, but then following them up the year after with separate sets for the two trilogies, thus annoying those who rushed out to buy the 6 movie set but who really only wanted the original films.
I think that this Saga box set will be the final time that the films are released, simply because there is nothing left to do and also because it's all six films in one set. On top of that, GL himself is moving onto other Star Wars projects, so there's another reason.

I do think there'll be individual releases, but they'll be the exact same discs as in the box set.
Old 08-01-2010, 08:02 PM   #15
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2009

Maybe Lucas will take a lesson from his friends/colleagues Francis Ford Coppola and Steven Spielberg and would release the originals restored. I can dream, right? .
Oh, and I'll try not to bring it up again .
Blu-ray releases should be perfect representations of their cinema counterparts.

My Blu-Ray/DVD Collection
Old 08-01-2010, 08:08 PM   #16
Blu-ray Ninja

Apr 2010
United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by KubrickFan View Post
Maybe Lucas will take a lesson from his friends/colleagues Francis Ford Coppola and Steven Spielberg and would release the originals restored. I can dream, right? .
Oh, and I'll try not to bring it up again .
He can't release the originals because when he was working on the Special Editions he effectively used the master copy for the alerations. There is a copy of the original out there, but I don't think GL owns it and it isn't in the possention of his ex-wife either.

This is very annoying because even I, who doesn't mind the changes and actually prefers them, would love to see the originals in HD. It is a shame, but I can see why GL will never release them.

(And, don't worry about bringing it up.)
Old 08-01-2010, 08:24 PM   #17
Power Member

Sep 2008
Apple Valley, MN

Quote:
He can't release the originals because when he was working on the Special Editions he effectively used the master copy for the alerations. There is a copy of the original out there, but I don't think GL owns it and it isn't in the possention of his ex-wife either.

This is very annoying because even I, who doesn't mind the changes and actually prefers them, would love to see the originals in HD. It is a shame, but I can see why GL will never release them.

(And, don't worry about bringing it up.)
I really doubt this. I'm not calling the OP a liar because Lucas has said this before, but I doubt he or Fox would allow the most profitable film series they've ever had the rights to be permanently altered like that. Are we really to believe that neither Lucas or Fox has the masters for the original trilogy, or at least a pristine theatrical copy?

I know there are surviving copies of the theatrical prints in private hands, it would not be difficult to obtain them. He is just hard-headed and doesn't realize that the public has a right to watch the versions of the films that they grew up with and cherished. They are also a vital part of film history. To not release the originals is a shame.

Steven Spielberg understands this. On the Close Encounters BD you can watch the theatrical, special (studio cut), and the director's cut all on one disc. When he re-released ET with the CG scenes and walkie-talkies instead of guns, the DVD contained both versions. I grew up in the early 80s and ET was a favorite film of mine. I saw the new version in the theater and the new scenes were neat, but the originals are what I saw when I was young and that's what I want to keep watching and cherishing.
Old 08-01-2010, 08:38 PM   #18
Expert Member

Dec 2008
Planet Vega

EXCERPT FROM THE DIGITAL BITS
"So let's start with what we think are the most exciting developments first. Based on information gathered from scores of industry sources over the last few months, we have strong reason to believe that Lucasfilm and Paramount are planning to bow the classic Indiana Jones Trilogy on Blu-ray in 2010, followed by at least some or all of the Star Wars films in 2011 (either the classic or prequel trilogies... or possibly even the long-awaited complete saga box set). As we've already been reporting for a while now, Fox's Alien Anthology box set is also due in 2010. And with the two Hobbit films due in 2011 and 2012, it's reasonable to assume that The Lord of the Rings: Extended Editions will be out on Blu-ray by the end of 2012 as well. One can also expect that the studios are going to try to capitalize on the DVD/3-D Blu-ray release of James Cameron's Avatar (sometime next year) to bow other Cameron catalog films in HD, so possibilities could include The Abyss, True Lies and even Titanic. What's more, in addition to the Indy films, our sources say that you're very likely to see key additional Spielberg catalog films arrive on Blu-ray in 2010 and 2011, as the director is a major supporter of the format. Word is that Jaws, the Jurassic Park films, War of the Worlds, Minority Report and Saving Private Ryan are all possible suspects. We also know that Apollo 13 is coming to BD early next year from Universal (April will be the 40th anniversary of the original NASA mission), and with the original Back to the Future film celebrating its 25th anniversary in 2010, don't be surprised to see at least one (if not all) of those films as well. And that doesn't even begin to include all of the vintage classics being prepared by Warner, Sony and other studios for BD release - including Ben-Hur, The African Queen, Lawrence of Arabia and others - nor the classic Disney animated features already announced for release in 2010 and beyond. Bottom line... the next few years are going to be HUGE for major catalog titles on Blu-ray. So start saving up your money now, folks"
TV: Panasonic TH58PZ800U|Receiver: Denon AVR X 4000|Speakers: KEF Q700, KEF Q600C & KEF 3005SE|Speaker Cables: Audioquest G2, Audioquest X2 & IXOS XHS 606|Speaker Stands: KEF & VTI|Blu-ray Players: Panny DMP BDT 500 (Region A), Sony BDP-S1000ES (Region A) & Sony BDP-S370 (Region B)|Power Center: Monster HDP 2400|Universal Remote: Roomie Remote|Network Audio Streaming: Logitech SB Touch|NAS: Synology DJ1813+| HDMI Cable: Audioquest Pearl TV: Panasonic TC-P65VT60
Old 09-10-2010, 10:09 PM   #19

Jan 2010

well this sounds like good news....but its already mid september and nothing has been announced for indy.
Old Yesterday, 02:01 PM   #20
Power Member

Jul 2014

Definitely grabbing this off of Amazon in the lightning sale, twenty quid for all four movies is a great deal.
BD Preorders: Clerks Steelbook. GOTG 3D. 88 Films Slasher Collection. The Guest. Blade Runner: Final Cut with FR4ME packaging and spinner.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > United Kingdom and Ireland