Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Game of Thrones: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$19.95
The Walking Dead: The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
$49.99
Mad Max (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Cinderella (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Spirited Away (Blu-ray)
$25.89
Kingsman: The Secret Service (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Star Trek: The Next Generation, Season 3 (Blu-ray)
$36.88
The Lazarus Effect (Blu-ray)
$22.96
Hyperdimension Neptunia The Animation: Complete Series + OVA LE (Blu-ray)
$40.29
Lupin III: The Castle of Cagliostro (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Cake (Blu-ray)
$14.98
GoodFellas (Blu-ray)
$26.49
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED
Old 01-30-2015, 07:04 AM   #1

Jan 2011
Edinburgh, Scotland
United Kingdom kingsmen: The Secret Service

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/s?ie=U...fix=kingsman+b

http://m.zavvi.com/blu-ray/kingsman-...g&gclsrc=aw.ds

No release date yet - no doubt announced soon
Surprised there isn't a thread already about this!
Saw this last night at the flicks and really enjoyed it!
Some great characters and really funny moments.

Really like Matthew Vaughn's movies (except was never overly keen on Layer Cake - may need to give it a rematch, as only ever seen it once)

If you liked Vaughn/Goodman's previous work, you'll love this!!!

Hope there is a steelie book of this!!

(Mods - if your able to get a picture link up for me, would be much appreciated!)

Last edited by Rincewind78; 01-30-2015 at 07:36 AM.
Old 01-30-2015, 08:10 AM   #2
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2008
Leek, Staffordshire

And if the mods could retitle the thread title to Kingsman!
MIA on blu: Alfie (Original) The Pledge, Colors, Ryan's Daughter, Local Hero, A Matter Of Life and Death, A Man For All Seasons, Goodbye Mr Chips
MIA on blu in UK/region free: Kes, Human Traffic
Old 01-30-2015, 08:29 AM   #3

Jan 2011
Edinburgh, Scotland

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigNickUK View Post
And if the mods could retitle the thread title to Kingsman!
!!!
I thought I had done that! It won't let me edit the main title of the thread shown in the forum!!
Old 01-30-2015, 10:51 AM   #4
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2011
West Sussex, UK
-
-

Will be interesting to see if UK version matches global release as the theatrical version was cut in the UK following pre certification BBFC advice as they wanted an age 15 rather than age 18 rating.

Reportedly the theatrical release in Germany has a minute longer run time for an age 16 rating.

Could be another Equalizer debacle of cut BD in the UK.
Old 01-30-2015, 12:25 PM   #5
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2011
The Citadel

Here we go, time to import again
It is by my hand that you will rise from the ashes of this world!!!
Old 01-30-2015, 03:26 PM   #6
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by malcy30 View Post
Will be interesting to see if UK version matches global release as the theatrical version was cut in the UK following pre certification BBFC advice as they wanted an age 15 rather than age 18 rating.

Reportedly the theatrical release in Germany has a minute longer run time for an age 16 rating.

Could be another Equalizer debacle of cut BD in the UK.
Weirdly Fox submitted the uncut 15 rated version of the Maze Runner to the BBFC, but the blu-ray is flagged as a 12. I'd look at that release as a guide to wether the UK release of Kingsman will be cut or not...
Old 01-30-2015, 03:58 PM   #7
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2011
West Sussex, UK
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz201 View Post
Weirdly Fox submitted the uncut 15 rated version of the Maze Runner to the BBFC, but the blu-ray is flagged as a 12. I'd look at that release as a guide to wether the UK release of Kingsman will be cut or not...
That could imply Fox have decided to inflict the cut 12 cert on BD as well as DVD. Is unusual for Fox as they tend to do uncut on BD as with Die Hard 5, Taken 2 etc May have decided to keep Maze Runner cut as it is a film aimed at children rather than a more adult film that by making a 12A they can maximise cinema audiences. With Maze Runner we will know what they have inflicted on the UK in a couple of weeks.
Old 01-30-2015, 05:46 PM   #8
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2008
Somewhere in England

Mathew Vaughn claims nothing has been cut in the UK that wouldn't have been cut anyway:

Quote:
I should ask you just to clarify the certification of the film in the UK...

I haven't changed a ****ing frame!

Absolutely nothing? The BBFC posted that "certain changes were made prior to submission" to get a 15 certificate in the UK?

Nothing. You've seen it!

I didn't see evidence of anything being cut out! I half expected an 18 certificate, but I don't fully know hw the BBFC works.

They're pretty intelligent people, the BBFC. And I think they get it right most of the time. They watched it, and I sat down with them. The violence is fun. You don't see people grimacing. They're laughing with it. It's like Tom & Jerry. It's over the top and colourful and playful.

You look at some of the stuff on television! It's ten times more violent and horrifying to watch, and it's on general view! The Walking Dead, Breaking Bad... these things are ten times more violent!
http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/matt...#ixzz3QKdRk6U1
Films to watch Summer 2015: Force Majeure. Big Game, Mad Max: Fury Road, Spring, Tomorrowland, Man Up, San Andreas, Spy, Jurassic World, Minions, Terminator Genisys, Ted 2, Ant-Man, Maggie, Self/Less, Inside Out, Southpaw, Mission: Impossible - Rouge Nation, Fantastic Four, Pixels, Man from U.N.C.L.E, Trainwreck.
Best Films of the 2014: 1) Boyhood. 2) Foxcatcher. 3) Calvary. 4) Birdman. 5) Mr. Turner. 6) Mommy. 7) Frank. 8) Godzilla. 9) Nightcrawler. 10) Inherent Vice
Old 01-30-2015, 07:07 PM   #9

Sep 2012
United kingdom, Galifrey, a time travelling banana powered motorcycle shopping trolley
United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foggy View Post
Mathew Vaughn claims nothing has been cut in the UK that wouldn't have been cut anyway:

http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/matt...#ixzz3QKdRk6U1
I agree, upon seeing it i didn't see how anything could have been cut, it certainly didn't hold back on anything violence wise, i found it quite refreshing that it was suitably in depth and gritty violence but not blood spraying allover the screen like some rival action movies. I enjoyed the film in itself the action was jaw dropping and brilliant, clever, fantastically made and some real fantastic twists throughout, plus a fantastic cast! I'll be pre ordering this as soon as it gets release date!
"I rode this in the Antigrav Olympics 2074 I came last" The 11th Doctor- Matt Smith

" I do not expect to reach the promised land!" -The 12th doctor- Peter Capaldi.

"I SEE INTO YOUR SOUL DOCTOR!, I SEE BEAUTY, DIVINITY, I SEE... HATRED!!!!!" - Rusty The Dalek
Old 02-03-2015, 11:10 AM   #10

Jun 2012
USA/UK

Absolutely loved this movie!
I thought the violence was just right. Kind of cartoonish but not disgusting, it worked perfectly for the film. I'll take Vaughn's word regarding the censorship.

Can't wait to pick it up, hopefully in a Steelbook.
Old 02-07-2015, 06:54 PM   #11
Special Member

Jun 2010
Devon, UK
-
-

I wasn't going to see this in the cinema, but it was date night and it was between this and rushing to see Big Hero 6. Really enjoyed it in the end. I don't remember seeing Sam Jackson shouting about getting blood on the carpet though; it was in the trailer...
Pre-Ordered Blu-rays:
Nothing...
Films I'm Waiting For:
Munich, Harold and Kumar Get the Munchies, Dude Where's My Car?, Crank, The Village, Bad Boys 2, Rush Hour 2, Stargate SG-1: Seasons 1-10
My Film Ratings: IMDb
Amarays rule!!!
Old 02-07-2015, 07:55 PM   #12

Jul 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natty View Post
Really enjoyed it in the end.
She certainly did!
Thanks given by:
Natty (02-07-2015)
Old 02-07-2015, 09:48 PM   #13

Feb 2012
Barnstaple UK

Saw it at the cinema earlier. Cracking film!!! Day one purchase for me
I like to think of myself as a massive Doctor Who fan!!!
Old 02-07-2015, 09:49 PM   #14
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2006
Ireland

This one will make the collection.
Old 02-08-2015, 02:48 AM   #15

Mar 2012

Quote:
It's also worth noting that the steelbook is rated 15.
Old 02-08-2015, 02:55 AM   #16
Expert Member

Nov 2012

Kingsman: The Secret Service (2015)
Directed by Matthew Vaughn

I never cared too much for Vaughn's directorial debut 'Layercake' although admittedly I did not see it under ideal conditions. His next film 'Stardust' had some of the most dreadful marketing but when I finally happened upon it the film turned out to be a pretty entertaining fantasy yarn. He then followed it up with the one two punch of super-hero movies 'Kick-ass' and 'X-Men: first Class:. The former becoming a cult hit that spawned a crappy Vaughn-less sequel and the latter reinvigorating the X-Men franchise that had been tarnished by Brett Ratner. Next their were the rumours that he was being lined up to take on Star Wars Episode VI to the glee of many but eventually it was made known that his next project was to be this film then titled simply 'Kingsman' and the Star Wars job went on to the un-remarkable JJ Abrams instead.

So here we have Kingsman which reunited Vaughn with his long-time writing partner Jane Goldman to adapt another comic from Kick-ass scribe Mark Millar. The story centers around a spy organization's agent (Colin Firth) who recruits an unrefined, but promising street kid (Taron Egerton) into the agency's ultra-competitive training program just as a global threat emerges from a twisted tech genius (Samuel L. Jackson). The film was made outside the studio system and then sold as a finished product to a studio just the way they did with Kick-ass and it is probably the reason why the young lead character is actually surprisingly likable throughout instead of an overly street cool annoying fool that you find at the centre of most Hollywood productions. All the other characters are well written and performed too and the film has a lot of satire about the changing nature of spy films and seems to take a deserved swipe at the over-seriousness of Skyfall.

On the downside, even though the film is set clearly outside of the real world, I found many of the combat scenes to be too sped up and cartoony which made the tone just shift a little too far into the ridiculous at times but was happy to see them make the most of their intended R rating. This is a small gripe as most of the film is fun and it does have some good tense set pieces and plot lines. On the whole I do not think this will be a big hit in all countries and it does not seem to have been marketed very well or been able to capture the spirit of the film but I recommend checking it out.
7/10
Old 02-08-2015, 02:47 PM   #17

Feb 2012
Barnstaple UK

I'd quite like to see this Blu-Ray get the Reel Heroes treatment.
Old 02-08-2015, 02:49 PM   #18
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemonhead118 View Post
I'd quite like to see this Blu-Ray get the Reel Heroes treatment.
Unfortunately that won't ever happen, that was a Universal promotion, the film is from 20th Century Fox.
Thanks given by:
lemonhead118 (02-08-2015)
Old 02-08-2015, 03:24 PM   #19

Feb 2012
Barnstaple UK

Quote:
Unfortunately that won't ever happen, that was a Universal promotion, the film is from 20th Century Fox.
Good point. I'm an idiot xD
Old 02-09-2015, 10:34 PM   #20
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2010

Will only buy if uncut
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > United Kingdom and Ireland