Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Let's Be Cops (Blu-ray)
$9.96
16 hrs ago
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$49.99

X-Men: Days of Future Past (Blu-ray)
$9.96

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes (Blu-ray)
$9.99

The Beyond (Blu-ray)
$24.99
12 hrs ago
The Complete Jacques Tati (Blu-ray)
$59.99

Harry Potter: Complete 8-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$44.99

Sleeping Beauty (Blu-ray)
$18.99

The Big Bang Theory: The Complete Seventh Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99

True Detective (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Batman: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$149.99

Homeland: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99

22 Jump Street (Blu-ray)
$14.99

COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > United Kingdom and Ireland

Old 08-29-2014, 01:10 AM   #1
Suspended

Feb 2012
Co. Cork, Ireland
United Kingdom Sin City: A Dame to Kill For - Dec. 15th, 2014

Distributor: Lionsgate
Release date: December 15th, 2014

The pack will include a Blu-ray & an UltraViolet digital copy code.

Zavvi also have an exclusive 3D steelbook.
Old 08-29-2014, 04:44 AM   #2
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2008

Where is the retail 3D release and where did the site get the 15th dec release date from ?
Old 08-29-2014, 04:48 AM   #3
Power Member

Oct 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilmFanSam View Post

Distributor: Lionsgate
Release date: December 15th, 2014

The pack will include a Blu-ray & an UltraViolet digital copy code.

Zavvi also have an exclusive 3D steelbook.
damn this bombed so hard its comming out this fast on blu ray?oh well i enjoyed it and will go for the steelbook
LOOKING FOR BACK TO THE FUTURE ORIGINAL RELEASE SLIPBOX (UK)
Old 08-29-2014, 05:14 AM   #4
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hek_qwerr View Post
damn this bombed so hard its comming out this fast on blu ray?oh well i enjoyed it and will go for the steelbook
i would not say dec 15th is that fast but where did the site get that date from and where is the regular 3D release for this. i want this in 3D
Old 08-29-2014, 01:26 PM   #5
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigermoth View Post
This comes out next month in Aus. Think I might wait three months and import the UK 3D.
But they haven't announced a 3D blu ray release yet
Old 08-29-2014, 01:39 PM   #6
Power Member

Sep 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredman View Post
You realise, posting about this more won't make one appear out of thin air right?...

But there's nothing on either a DVD, 2D BD or 3D BD release on their press site or the BVA website or Lionsgate UK's website, so I'd wait before freaking out.
Old 08-29-2014, 02:47 PM   #7
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2011
West Sussex, UK
-
-

Quote:
The 3D steelbook is live on Zavvi, just no news if there will be a regular version.
Old 08-29-2014, 05:13 PM   #8
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by malcy30 View Post
The 3D steelbook is live on Zavvi, just no news if there will be a regular version.
Isnt that been cancelled ? But if this zavvi is also 3D then there will be a regular edition as well released anything else would just be weird
Old 08-29-2014, 11:59 PM   #9
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz201 View Post
You realise, posting about this more won't make one appear out of thin air right?...

But there's nothing on either a DVD, 2D BD or 3D BD release on their press site or the BVA website or Lionsgate UK's website, so I'd wait before freaking out.
yeah i know but thats good to know that lionsgate has nothing up yet
Old 08-30-2014, 12:04 AM   #10
Power Member

Sep 2012

Quote:
Isnt that been cancelled ? But if this zavvi is also 3D then there will be a regular edition as well released anything else would just be weird
No, the 3D steelbook can be ordered from Zavvi's website as I post for 24, which is fairly expensive, but it comes with a free canvas print, which may (or may not) soften the blow...
Old 08-30-2014, 07:06 AM   #11

Sep 2012

The free canvas print is only for the first 200 orders.

It can be purchased separately for a tenner - which is presumably why they're having to give it away. Who'd pay a tenner for that?!??!
ISF calibrated Panasonic 65VT50 TV, Oppo BD95 Zone-Free Blu-ray, Onkyo TR-818 AV receiver, B&W 5 speakers, BL XXLS400-DF subwoofer
Old 08-30-2014, 09:04 AM   #12
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2011
West Sussex, UK
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastAndFluid View Post
The free canvas print is only for the first 200 orders.

It can be purchased separately for a tenner - which is presumably why they're having to give it away. Who'd pay a tenner for that?!??!
Worth checking the small print of this deal. They have structured it so that you pay part of the cost of the print as that is shipped now to get a discount off the Steelbook. Therefore you can't change your mind on the Steelbook and its a firm order.

Given the print didn't really appeal I just ordered the Steelbook, but it gives me flexibility if I want to cancel later.
Old 09-06-2014, 10:21 PM   #13
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz201 View Post

But aren't you a little worried that only the 2D edition is up for pre-order on Amazon UK ?
Old 09-06-2014, 11:06 PM   #14
Power Member

Sep 2012

Quote:
But aren't you a little worried that only the 2D edition is up for pre-order on Amazon UK ?
Not for myself no, from a purely self-centred perspective, I no longer have a 3D TV.

But obviously I'd like there to be a 3D release for other people, and if they aren't comfortable with importing a 3D release from elsewhere they can buy the steelbook, which is currently live for pre-orders on Zavvi's website.

And there still isn't anything registered with the BVA, so you can stop being so highly strung for a while. When the BVA database shows a 2D release, but no 3D, then is an appropriate time to panic...

Last edited by Buzz201; 09-06-2014 at 11:08 PM.
Old 10-23-2014, 03:18 PM   #15
Expert Member

Mar 2008

Press release just hit my inbox from the PR company:

Quote:
Lionsgate Home Entertainment is pleased to announce the Monday December 15th DVD, Blu-ray, Digital Download and On-Demand release of SIN CITY 2: A DAME TO KILL FOR.

Co-directors Frank Miller and Robert Rodriguez reunite for the first time since 2005’s groundbreaking SIN CITY, to once again bring Miller's stunning graphic novels to the screen.

Featuring one of the hottest casts ever assembled, SIN CITY 2: A DAME TO KILL FOR stars Jessica Alba, Mickey Rourke, Eva Green and Bruce Willis, alongside Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Josh Brolin, Ray Liotta, Powers Boothe and Lady Gaga.

SIN CITY 2: A DAME TO KILL FOR features some of the most eye-catching and expansive packaging ever seen on a home entertainment release – perfect for the Xmas gifting season. Alongside the DVD, Blu-ray and 3D Blu-ray release of SIN CITY 2: A DAME TO KILL FOR, Lionsgate UK will also release both Sin City films together as a twin pack for the very first time. Complete with brand new artwork, the twin release will be available on both Blu-ray and DVD.

Finally, a limited edition deluxe box set will also be available, containing both films alongside never-before-seen merchandise and numerous other collector’s items.

Upon the first film’s release in 2005, Sin City became the new noir – the ultra high contrast black & white colour scheme shattered notions of how green screen can be used for creating film environments to breathtaking effect.

Flash forward to 2014, and we find ourselves back in Basin City, a town where justice doesn't prevail, the desperate want vengeance, and ruthless murderers find themselves with vigilantes on their heels.

The film opens with fan-favourite “Just Another Saturday Night,” as returning hero Marv (Mickey Rourke) finds himself in the centre of carnage as he tries to remember preceding events. “The Long, Bad Night” tells the tale of Johnny, a cocky young gambler (Joseph Gordon-Levitt) taking his chances against the biggest villain in Sin City, Senator Roark (Powers Boothe).

The central story, Miller’s acclaimed "A Dame To Kill For," features Dwight McCarthy (Josh Brolin) in his final confrontation with the woman of his dreams and nightmares, Ava Lord (Eva Green). “Nancy’s Last Dance" follows Nancy Callahan (Jessica Alba) in the wake of John Hartigan’s (Bruce Willis) selfless suicide. Driven insane by grief and rage, she will stop at nothing to get revenge.
<<<<Also have 7500+ dvds not added to my collection. Decided it was a losing battle. Also have several hundred blu-rays to add but only adding when watched as a rule of thumb.
Old 10-23-2014, 07:15 PM   #16
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by samdvd1 View Post
Press release just hit my inbox from the PR company:
bit of a weird press release because it does not list any special features
Old 10-23-2014, 07:21 PM   #17
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2008
York, somewhere else in England

Apparently they're going to cut the home release into a 15 to try and sell more copies to recoup the losses of the theatrical release.
Remaining Films of 2014 I'll check out: Dumb and Dumber To. Exodus: Gods and Kings. Big Eyes. Unbroken.
Best Films of the Year so far: Boyhood. Calvary. Mr. Turner. Mommy. Frank. Godzilla. Nightcrawler. Gone Girl. Interstellar. The Raid 2. Whiplash. The Rover. The LEGO Movie. Under the Skin.
Old 10-23-2014, 07:33 PM   #18
Power Member

Sep 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foggy View Post
Apparently they're going to cut the home release into a 15 to try and sell more copies to recoup the losses of the theatrical release.
They've already submitted both the 2D and 3D versions to the BBFC and got an 18 for both.

I can't see them pulling Momentum's old trick of submitting both but only using the censored, but they might...
Old 10-23-2014, 07:37 PM   #19
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2008

What Buzz201 said.
Old 10-23-2014, 07:54 PM   #20
Blu-ray Count

Oct 2010
Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foggy View Post
I can't of any reason why a lower certificate would affect sales on home video. If little Johnny isn't old enough he'll ask his Mum to pick up a copy when she gets the weekly shop. We're coming up to the time of year where the shops are full of relatives buying 18 certificate games and movies for the average 12 year old!

Has the movie had a "Making Of" book released like the first one? I can't find one on Amazon.
"Sometimes it scares me how far away my brain is." DC
"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." AE
''I have no idea what Hammer Time is. Or how it differs from regular time.'' DM
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > United Kingdom and Ireland