Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, Cheap Blu-ray Movies!
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice 3D (Blu-ray)
£49.99
Alfred Hitchcock: The Masterpiece Collection (Blu-ray)
£20.00
Dekalog and Other TV Works (Blu-ray)
£44.99
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice 3D (Blu-ray)
£49.99
The World at War (Blu-ray)
£49.99
Ghostbusters (Blu-ray)
£20.99
The Magnificent Seven 4K (Blu-ray)
£19.99
The Walking Dead: The Complete Seasons 1-5 (Blu-ray)
£39.99
The Magnificent Seven (Blu-ray)
£34.99
The X-Files: The Collector's Set (Blu-ray)
£79.99
The Magnificent Seven (Blu-ray)
£14.99
Anthropoid (Blu-ray)
£12.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > United Kingdom and Ireland

Old 08-11-2016, 02:40 AM   #1
Power Member

Oct 2008
United Kingdom Supersonic (Documentary about Oasis) - 31st October 2016 pre-order

Oasis: Supersonic Blu-ray

this news came out today due to the 20th Anniversary of the Knebworth performance. This is from the producers of the Amy Winehouse documentary, Amy.

http://www.entertainment-focus.com/f...release-dates/

[Show spoiler]
Quote:
On the 20th Anniversary of their iconic Knebworth concerts, the Oasis documentary Supersonic confirms its theatrical and home entertainment release dates.

Supersonic documents the rise of one of the greatest rock ‘n’ roll bands of our time.
Taking an in depth look at the often tumultuous relationship between brothers Liam and Noel Gallagher, two of the finest rock stars this country has ever produced; the film opens with the formation of Oasis in 1991 and culminates with their record breaking gig at Knebworth on 10th August 1996 – twenty years ago today.

With unprecedented access to the band, commentary from family and contributors from the time and incredible unseen archive material, the film follows the infamous group through the chaos of the early nineties in a thrilling documentary that pays homage to a band that influenced a generation and defined the sound of an era.

The film will be in cinemas in the UK and Ireland on 2nd October this year, with a special event broadcast via satellite into theatres nationwide. It will go on general release from 14th October.

Supersonic will be available to own on DVD and Blu-ray on 31st October.

The band’s 1994 groundbreaking debut single, Supersonic instantly became an acclaimed rock ’n’ roll anthem.

Supersonic is the word that truly sums up the phenomenal journey that took Oasis from releasing their first single in 1994, to record-breaking sellout shows at Knebworth Park in 1996, where 2.6 million people applied for tickets. The band played to 125,000 fans per night – they could have played 20 nights.

From Award-winning filmmaker Mat Whitecross and Academy Award-winning producer James Gay Rees, alongside Fiona Neilson, Simon Halfon and Academy Award-winning executive producer Asif Kapadia, Supersonic documents the bands journey from the moment when Noel Gallagher joined his brother Liam’s band – the two boys who shared a bedroom growing up, were now sharing a stage.

From the release of ‘Definitely Maybe’ – which at that moment became the fastest-selling debut of all time – it was then less than two years before they played their historic shows at Knebworth Park.

“The love and the vibe and the passion and the rage and the joy that are coming from the crowd, if anything, that’s what Oasis was.”

Noel Gallagher

“Oasis was definitely like a f****** Ferrari, great to look at, great to drive and it will ****ing spin out of control every now and again when you go too fast. I loved every minute of it.”

Liam Gallagher

The filmmakers have been given unprecedented access to the band allowing a rare and candid insight into their world along with never before seen archive material.

Lorton Distribution will be releasing the film in the UK this October.

Really looking forward to this.

Pre-Order:
Amazon
Zavvi
HMV (Exclusive Artwork)

Last edited by Petey Parker; 09-12-2016 at 04:09 PM.
Thanks given by:
Clark Kent (09-09-2016), GipsyDanger (09-22-2016)
Old 08-11-2016, 06:23 AM   #2
Expert Member

Jan 2014

Shame it's not a proper Live at Knebworth Blu-ray, but I will buy it

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Blu-ray Wishlist: 8MM | A Little Princess | American Pie: Band Camp / Naked Mile / Beta House | Beethoven's 2nd | Bully | Can't Buy Me Love | Cool Runnings | Honey I Shrunk The Kids | Kevin & Perry Go Large | Kids | Panic Room | Pretty In Pink | Red Eye | Rugrats | Some Kind Of Wonderful | The Abyss | The Beach | The Forgotten | The Glass House | The Mighty Ducks | The Parent Trap | True Lies
Thanks given by:
Petey Parker (08-11-2016)
Old 09-06-2016, 02:23 AM   #3
Power Member

Oct 2008

Here's the trailer finally

Old 09-06-2016, 08:04 AM   #4

Jan 2015
London

Not the biggest fan of oasis but you can't deny their cultural impact within the U.K I was at their last concert and it was a fun experience, I will check this out if the reviews are any good trailer looks like it could be more than just a standard rock-doc.
Old 09-06-2016, 05:38 PM   #5
Site Manager

Aug 2006
USiberia

pre-order up ^
Thanks given by:
Petey Parker (09-09-2016)
Old 09-06-2016, 09:36 PM   #6

Jan 2016

The day I find a website listing that accepts PayPal is the day I will preorder this!!
Old 09-07-2016, 05:55 PM   #7

Sep 2016
Virginia

Will there be a US release?
Old 09-07-2016, 06:14 PM   #8

Jul 2015

20 years since their two night stint at Knebworth? Suddenly I feel really old.

Just reminded myself of the support bills and, ignoring the presence of O**** C***** S****, it looks like Saturday was definitely the day you wanted tickets for.
Old 09-08-2016, 07:48 PM   #9
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2011
Stockholm, but Sussex when back in UK
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyCircle View Post
The day I find a website listing that accepts PayPal is the day I will preorder this!!

HMV take PayPal.
So do Zavvi but they surcharge 1% to cover their fees.
Old 09-09-2016, 01:04 PM   #10
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2012
Ireland

Oasis was like a ****ing ferrari, great to look at, great to drive and it will ****ing spin out of control every now and again..

pre ordered
Liverpool FC

JFT96

You'll Never Walk Alone
Old 09-09-2016, 01:30 PM   #11

Mar 2011
Manchester, England

Hmv offering an exclusive art-work edition!
Thanks given by:
DasMan (09-12-2016), event orbital (09-09-2016)
Old 09-09-2016, 04:25 PM   #12

Apr 2014

I can't wait for this. Oasis are the second greatest Manchester band of all time. Amy was a fantastic documentary and I can't wait to see how this turns out, especially since this is one of my all time favourite bands. Day 1 import to the US for me. Fingers crossed they have a theatrical run of it in the US as well

"It's not where you're from, it's where you're at"
Thanks given by:
blurayoliver (09-09-2016)
Old 09-09-2016, 07:18 PM   #13
Blu-ray Prince

Oct 2007
Metropolis

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloveland View Post
I doubt it. From what I can remember, Oasis doesn't even have an active music label pushing them in the States at the moment.
If your world has no heroes, become one.
Old 09-10-2016, 01:11 AM   #14

Apr 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Kent View Post
I doubt it. From what I can remember, Oasis doesn't even have an active music label pushing them in the States at the moment.
I am highly doubtful of a US theatrical release myself however Amy did have a short run in some of the bigger US metropolitan areas. So it may be possible if Supersonic is successful enough that it could have the same amount of showings that Amy did?

Old 09-10-2016, 02:21 AM   #15
Power Member

Oct 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloveland View Post
http://www.screendaily.com/news/jim-...e?referrer=RSS

Quote:
Meanwhile, Supersonic, the Mat Whitecross-directed documentary about 90s band Oasis, produced by the team behind Senna and Amy, has sold to Madman for Australia, Ascot Elite for German speaking territories, Lucky Red for Italy, Scanbox for Scandinavia, Avalon for Spain and Cherry Pickers for Benelux.

Japan has been acquired by Kadokawa, Hong Kong is with Edko, Korea with Cinelux, Taiwan with Moviecloud and Thailand with Documentary Club. Cinemex in Mexico have also come on board, as have Yes DBS for Israel. A US deal is understood to be imminent.
Old 09-10-2016, 02:27 AM   #16
Power Member

Oct 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Kent View Post
Oasis US releases are handled by their own label, Big Brother Recordings (such as this upcoming remastered deluxe edition of Be Here Now)

https://www.amazon.com/Be-Here-Now-R...is+Be+here+now

Although it should be noted that despite having Noel and Liam in the documentary, it's not an official Oasis related product so the distribution would be handled independently of the label.
Old 09-10-2016, 05:44 PM   #17

Apr 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petey Parker View Post
Oasis US releases are handled by their own label, Big Brother Recordings (such as this upcoming remastered deluxe edition of Be Here Now)

https://www.amazon.com/Be-Here-Now-R...is+Be+here+now

Although it should be noted that despite having Noel and Liam in the documentary, it's not an official Oasis related product so the distribution would be handled independently of the label.

Amy was released by A24 productions on July 3 2015 in the United Kingdom, New York, and Los Angeles. After that it got a worldwide release on July 10th. If I remember correctly they are handling Supersonic as well.

They also did a special "live across cinemas stream" for Amy which included a question segment before its official wide release. Imdb mentions a limited release date for Supersonic as October 2nd. So this could possibly be what is mentioned in the trailer?

Old 09-10-2016, 07:52 PM   #18
Power Member

Oct 2008

Supersonic is screening in the US on October 26th.

There's no complete list of theaters yet but a few Carmike theaters have showings so I expect more to be added (and fingers crossed the Carmike by me gets it)

Memphis, TN: The Manor on 10/26

Pittsburg, PA: Cinemagic Manor Theatre 10/26

Columbus, OH: Gateway on 10/26
http://gatewayfilmcenter.org/now-showing/coming-soon/

Cleveland, OH: Cedar Lee 10/26
http://www.clevelandcinemas.com/comi...s.asp?id=18853

West Melbourne, FL 10/26
http://www.carmike.com/fl/west-melbo...sis-supersonic

Minneapolis, MN 10/26
http://www.landmarktheatres.com/404?.../lagoon-cinema

Uniontown, PA 10/26
http://www.carmike.com/pa/carmike-6-...is-supersonic\
Thanks given by:
Clark Kent (09-11-2016)
Old 09-10-2016, 11:51 PM   #19

Apr 2014

I guess I'll just wait for my copy in the mail then, zavvi usually delivers pretty fast & none of those theatres are all that close to me. I really don't care about paying another $20 to see it in theatres if I already own it.

Old 09-12-2016, 02:55 PM   #20

Aug 2008
U.K
-
United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stirling1978 View Post
Hmv offering an exclusive art-work edition!
Yeah it will be interesting to see the different Artworks/Exclusives. Might have to get them all
Slipcovers (Never watched one) and Bloody Pointless with same Artwork!
Steelbooks (Never Played one) One way to flog Bargain Bin Blu Ray`s - Stick it in a Tin!
and all the other gimmick`s - FFS I just like Movies!
Oh Yeah and `4K - `FK-It - Wait 4 8K`
Thanks given by:
Harwin123 (09-12-2016)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > United Kingdom and Ireland