COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase One - Avengers Assembled (Blu-ray)
$129.99
The Dark Knight Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$38.99
God's Not Dead (Blu-ray)
$17.29
The Big Chill (Blu-ray)
$27.59
My Week with Marilyn (Blu-ray)
$5.00
Man of Steel Exclusive Action Figure Gift Set (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Man of Steel Limited Collector's Edition (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Mr. Peabody & Sherman 3D (Blu-ray)
$30.98
Love Lab: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$37.28
Nymphomaniac: Volumes I and II (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Noah (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Last Action Hero (Blu-ray)
$7.98
X-Men and the Wolverine Collection (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Kill Bill: 1 & 2 Double Feature (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Batman: The Dark Knight Returns (Blu-ray)
$11.99
The Texas Chain Saw Massacre (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Marvel Bundle (Blu-ray)
$64.99
The Legend of Korra - Book Two: Spirits (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Divergent (Blu-ray)
$19.96

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > United Kingdom and Ireland

Old 07-03-2014, 04:56 PM   #1

Jul 2011
Naples, Italy
United Kingdom Batman 1966 Tv Series, any chance for UK release ?

Id prefer a Uk release instead of importing from USA because of duty taxes. Any realistic chance of a UK version?
Old 07-03-2014, 05:01 PM   #2
Special Member

Sep 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alhlan Ain Ajeeba View Post
Id prefer a Uk release instead of importing from USA because of duty taxes. Any realistic chance of a UK version?
Yes, given they can just copy the US masters there's a fairly big possibility. But don't necessarily expect Italian audio and subs, especially if it is a direct port of the US release.
Old 07-03-2014, 05:12 PM   #3

Jul 2011
Naples, Italy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz201 View Post
Yes, given they can just copy the US masters there's a fairly big possibility. But don't necessarily expect Italian audio and subs, especially if it is a direct port of the US release.
I dont mind about the subs,I just hope its not 1 of those releases that comes a whole year after the USA release.
Old 07-03-2014, 05:14 PM   #4

Jul 2011
Naples, Italy

Also , can we assume Warner owns the rights in Europe as well ?
Old 07-03-2014, 07:39 PM   #5
Special Member

Sep 2012

Quote:
Also , can we assume Warner owns the rights in Europe as well ?
I wouldn't assume who owns the rights, but I highly doubt they'd do a deal just for America...
Old 07-04-2014, 04:19 PM   #6

Mar 2011

I hope they do release it here... but I have a friend from the US coming to visit in November so I'll get her to bring me my copy over if it's not
Old 07-04-2014, 05:12 PM   #7
Special Member

Jun 2011
London

If we do have to import it, at least being Warner it's bound to be multi-region. But I hope it is released over here. I remember it was a big hit over here in the sixties...mind you, so was The Man From U.N.C.L.E. & we never got the big DVD set released in the UK.

Last edited by CinemaScope; 07-04-2014 at 05:15 PM.
Old 07-07-2014, 10:21 AM   #8

Feb 2013

I would imagine they would try and hit on the Christmas market on these shores as well.
Old 07-09-2014, 10:12 AM   #9

Jun 2010

I think there's a good chance of this happening. I live in norway and i found this today: http://cdon.no/film/batman_-_the_com...-ray)-27703510
Even though it's only a placeholder it wasn't there some weeks ago, so i suspect that they will release it in other countries than the US.
Old 07-09-2014, 12:45 PM   #10
Special Member

Feb 2011
London, UK

I'd imagine it will get a release here but probably cheaper than the States and with very basic packaging rather than a the bells-and-whistles boxes they'll get.
Old 07-17-2014, 11:09 AM   #11

Jul 2011
Naples, Italy

The USA preorders started today. I would say if we dont see a UK preorder in the next 2 weeks its not looking good.
Old 07-17-2014, 11:15 AM   #12

Oct 2012
Glasgow, Scotland

Quote:
The USA preorders started today. I would say if we dont see a UK preorder in the next 2 weeks its not looking good.
Do you have a link so we can guess pricepoints?
Old 07-17-2014, 11:18 AM   #13

Mar 2011

It's available on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Batman-Complet...+tv+series+blu

I've pre-ordered it... as it's a Warner release it's going to be region free, so if it doesn't come out here at least we can get hold of it.
Old 07-17-2014, 11:24 AM   #14

Jul 2011
Naples, Italy

Quote:
Originally Posted by fergusor View Post
It's available on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Batman-Complet...+tv+series+blu

I've pre-ordered it... as it's a Warner release it's going to be region free, so if it doesn't come out here at least we can get hold of it.
True, but a UK release would be way cheaper.
Old 07-17-2014, 11:41 AM   #15

Sep 2013
UK

I suspect we may not get it in the UK. Warner seem to forget that we exist most of the time. US, Europe and Australia get catalogue releases, we seem to miss out of loads. Which is stupid, considering a useable pan-European master is just sitting there just waiting for UK packaging.
Old 07-17-2014, 12:01 PM   #16
Special Member

Sep 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddbox83 View Post
I suspect we may not get it in the UK. Warner seem to forget that we exist most of the time. US, Europe and Australia get catalogue releases, we seem to miss out of loads. Which is stupid, considering a useable pan-European master is just sitting there just waiting for UK packaging.
We were one of only four countries in the world (6 if you include NZ and Ireland) to get Entourage, so I wouldn't be completely sure...
Old 07-17-2014, 12:09 PM   #17

Oct 2012
Glasgow, Scotland

No DVD pre-orders up yet?
Old 07-17-2014, 12:30 PM   #18
Blu-ray Ninja

Apr 2010

Why are some so pessimistic here? It's only just gone up for pre-order in the US, no where else has it and the set has yet to truly be announced, which will come in a week's time at Comic-Con. It will no doubt then be up for pre-order in all territories.

Also this is Batman we're talking about, not only that but one of the most iconic renditions of the character. It's taken years for WB to sort out the rights to the show, so naturally they'll need to make as much revenue from the show as possible, which will no doubt releasing it in he UK on all formats.

It's true WB have neglected the UK on many of its catalogue titles, but I doubt this will be one of them, it's just too iconic and popular to not release it.
Old 07-18-2014, 05:37 AM   #19

Jul 2012
The land beyond Beyond

I believe the only reason Warner are holding back info on the rest of the world launch is because the official American launch is due at Comic Con late next week. Once they have released the information at that event on how many discs are in the set, what are the special features, any other goodies in the box, etc, then they'll do the rest of the world launch.

They have too much invested in the Comic Con launch to risk leaking out the details early from a distributor in another part of the world.

This title is too big for a US only launch, and there's plenty of time left to hit the global Christmas market. I think we just have to wait for a couple of weeks.
Old 07-18-2014, 10:18 AM   #20

Jul 2011
Naples, Italy

Hoping for single season sets in the UK are an option. I wont be able to afford even if the UK price is half of the USA price.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > United Kingdom and Ireland