Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Edge of Tomorrow 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
7 hrs ago
The Walking Dead: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99
7 hrs ago
Alien Anthology and Prometheus (Blu-ray)
$19.98
15 hrs ago
Godzilla 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
3 hrs ago
Edge of Tomorrow (Blu-ray)
$14.99
12 hrs ago
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Blu-ray)
$14.99
6 hrs ago
Halloween: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$79.99
15 hrs ago
Jersey Boys (Blu-ray)
$14.99
12 hrs ago
Neighbors (Blu-ray)
$9.99
12 hrs ago
Tammy (Blu-ray)
$14.99
12 hrs ago
Clint Eastwood Collection (Blu-ray)
$34.99
4 hrs ago
Godzilla (Blu-ray)
$14.99
14 hrs ago
Coming to America (Blu-ray)
$4.99
3 hrs ago
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED
Old 12-23-2009, 01:04 AM   #1

Nov 2007
Default Sony Digital Copy on Windows 7 problems

All my sony blurays with the digital copy won't work on my computer. I put the digital copy in the computer, it loads up and gives me an error about making internet explorer the default browser. Which I changed it to that. Still, I get the same message. Anyone have any clue?
Video:
LG 42in 1080p 120hz 42LG60
LG 32in 720p 32LG10
Sony Playstation 3 60GB
Old 12-28-2009, 12:20 AM   #2
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julohan View Post
All my sony blurays with the digital copy won't work on my computer. I put the digital copy in the computer, it loads up and gives me an error about making internet explorer the default browser. Which I changed it to that. Still, I get the same message. Anyone have any clue?
Open iTunes and leave it open, then insert your disc. See if it shows up in iTunes. If not, you have a file/extension issue you need to fix.
Old 01-01-2010, 06:20 AM   #3
Banned

Jan 2010

maybe digital copy is expired ?
Old 08-01-2010, 07:40 PM   #4

Mar 2009

So I have some digital copies I want on my PSP (Angels and Demons, Pineapple Express and Hancock) and I put them in my computer and set my default browser to IE...and it still gives me the same error. I followed the instructions on Windows 7, by going to Default Programs, clicking Custom, and clicking Internet explorer. It says "Applying changes" but doesn't save the changes. If I go right back into it...it still says "Use my current web browser"

Anyone found the fix for this problem yet?
Old 08-04-2010, 09:27 AM   #5

Mar 2009

No one has found a solution to this issue? I have seen dozens of posts on the internet about it...none have a solution though. This is getting frustrating.
Old 08-04-2010, 02:13 PM   #6
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2009

Do you have any other browsers installed?
Old 08-04-2010, 07:15 PM   #7

Mar 2009

Yes, but I already tried that. I uninstalled every browser EXCEPT IE and it still does it.
Old 08-04-2010, 07:29 PM   #8
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2009

Go to START --> DEFAULT PROGRAMS. Click on Set your default programs. Click on Internet Explorer. Click on "Set this program as default". After that, click on the one below that states "Choose defaults for this program". Tell me what files are checked and not checked and for what application. Any file not using IE needs to be fixed.
Old 08-05-2010, 12:22 AM   #9

Mar 2009

I did all of that, set it as default, set the extensions defaults to IE (Everyone was IE already, but .url won't change). I did that and even uninstalled all my other browsers. Still the same error. When I go to Start -> Default Programs -> Set program access and computer defaults... I tried clicking Microsoft Windows defaults and I clicked on Custom and set my default web browser to IE. I click save, it says "Applying changes" and then thats it. I go right back into the same screen and it is reset back to "Use current default web browser". It won't save the changes...
Old 08-05-2010, 12:29 AM   #10
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2009

Sounds like a registry issue.

Create a new user account on your machine. Log in with that and see if you still have the same problems. Beyond that, not sure what to tell you. A setting has gotten screwed up somewhere. I have seen this issue before with client machines but can't remember the root cause. It's a PITA for sure.
Old 08-06-2010, 01:22 PM   #11

Mar 2009

Ok, well I logged in on the new (Admin) user account and it worked. The PSP version says it is expired though, which is completely wrong...so I am contacting Sony about that. However, the IE issue is fixed...and now that we see the user account thing worked....any idea of the actual problem, so I might be able to fix my main account?
Old 08-06-2010, 02:54 PM   #12
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinea View Post
Ok, well I logged in on the new (Admin) user account and it worked. The PSP version says it is expired though, which is completely wrong...so I am contacting Sony about that. However, the IE issue is fixed...and now that we see the user account thing worked....any idea of the actual problem, so I might be able to fix my main account?
Glad that worked. It usually does but in some instances, it does not. To answer your question, it's a file association/registry issue. I cannot for the life of me remember how to fix it. You might be able to restore the machine to a previous state to see if that helps. I would not recommend a registry cleaner/fixer as they do more damage than good.

Here are a couple things you can try..

1>

1.) Open IE 8
2.) Press the ALT key
3.) Click Tools | Internet Options
4.) Click on the Advanced tab
5.) Click the big button at the bottom that says "RESET..." on it and follow the prompts.

2>

Go to Control Panel\Programs and Features\Turn Windows features on or off. Uncheck Internet Explorer 8, click OK and reboot. You will be not have Internet Explorer installed then. Go to Windows features again and check Internet Explorer 8, reboot. Now you will have Internet Explorer installed again.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray > Blu-ray PCs, Laptops, Drives, Media and Software