Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
RoboCop (Blu-ray)
$5.00
Monsters University (Blu-ray)
$13.00
Ender's Game (Blu-ray)
$13.00
Mallrats (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Gravity 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Gravity (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Diary of a Wimpy Kid Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$16.98
Reality Bites (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Dirty Rotten Scoundrels (Blu-ray)
$5.99
Weird Science (Blu-ray)
$6.96
8-Film Action Collection (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Pacific Rim 3D (Blu-ray)
$14.99
The Goonies (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Who Framed Roger Rabbit (Blu-ray)
$10.99
Brother Bear / Brother Bear 2 (Blu-ray)
$13.99
Robin Hood (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Tinker Bell (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Oliver & Company (Blu-ray)
$11.49
Old 10-30-2013, 02:06 PM   #1

Nov 2012
Portugal
United Kingdom Thor: The Dark World (Pre-orders up!)

I didn't see a thread for this, but if there is one already, I'm sorry :\

3D Edition

2D Edition

Zavvi Exclusive 2D + 3D Steelbook Edition

I pre-ordered the Zavvi Exclusive when it went live, but ended up cancelling my order and getting the 3D version from Amazon. If you're going to buy it, what edtion will you be getting?

Last edited by TommySyk; 02-12-2014 at 01:14 PM.
Old 10-30-2013, 02:42 PM   #2
Blu-ray Ninja

Nov 2009
Send a message via MSN to Billz

It's only just come out in cinemas today.

This is ridiculous!
Still. I'll most likely go for the steelbook. They just need to change that horrible artwork first.
Hates:
3D, 3D printed on the front covers of steelbooks, digital copies (UV & iTunes), "retailer exclusive" bonus features.

Also, f*ck you, Disney UK for giving "The Avengers" a stupid name in the UK! Will NEVER use the UK "name".
Old 10-30-2013, 02:50 PM   #3
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2011
UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billz View Post
It's only just come out in cinemas today.

This is ridiculous!
Still. I'll most likely go for the steelbook. They just need to change that horrible artwork first.
Meh, it's been going on for a while now. Nothing wrong with getting the pre-orders up whilst everyone's going to see it and there's huge advertising for it everywhere. Get in while it's hot and everyone's talking about it/watching it. It's not like it's being released two weeks later.
Old 10-30-2013, 03:00 PM   #4
Special Member

Feb 2008
Beverley, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy Ackerman View Post
Meh, it's been going on for a while now. Nothing wrong with getting the pre-orders up whilst everyone's going to see it and there's huge advertising for it everywhere. Get in while it's hot and everyone's talking about it/watching it. It's not like it's being released two weeks later.
There is a strange irritation seeing pre-orders up the same day a film opens in theatres because the initial thought is "It's not even out yet" etc etc BUT it is good cross-promotion and could create more sales etc.
Old 10-30-2013, 06:11 PM   #5

Oct 2011
U.K

went to a 2D midnight screening, really enjoyed it.
Old 10-30-2013, 06:26 PM   #6

Sep 2012
United kingdom
United Kingdom

This was in my opinion one of marvel's best films easily overtaking THOR and IRON MAN 3. The villain was thoroughly menacing the film genuinely shocked me in parts and the action and comedy was just stunning. Definitely will not hesitate to pre order the 2D as soon as it has a confirmed date given. I'm hoping maybe Late Jan-Feb then it would be just in time to get excited about Captain America: the winter soldier and would fit in with how Iron Man 3 was released on blu close to a month before Thor 2's cinema release so that would probably repeat the pattern. Loved the film, sure I'm gonna love the Blu ray!!!
"I rode this in the Antigrav Olympics 2074 I came last"
The 11th Doctor
Old 10-31-2013, 10:48 AM   #7

Mar 2011

I've just ordered the Zavvi steelbook, missed out on the last steelbook and I don't think Zavvi's re-released Thor steelbook will be as collectible as the original.

Going to see the movie on Saturday, can't wait to see it. And there's an exclusive preview of Captain America: The Winter Soldier, super excited about that!!
Old 10-31-2013, 12:21 PM   #8
Expert Member

Oct 2007

I have heard that the post credits scene (not a spoiler for Thor 2) features Benecio Del Toro as the collector. A neat set up for Guardians of the Galaxy this time next year.
Old 10-31-2013, 01:11 PM   #9
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2011
UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeyspoons Revenge View Post
I have heard that the post credits scene (not a spoiler for Thor 2)
[Show spoiler]features Benecio Del Toro as the collector. A neat set up for Guardians of the Galaxy this time next year.
Do you want to put spoiler tags around that? It might not spoil the plot of Thor 2 but it's been out a day, people don't want the surprise of the credits tagged ruined.
Old 11-01-2013, 07:10 PM   #10

Jan 2011
Edinburgh, Scotland

OMG!!! this film rocked and rocked!!!!!!
loved it very much. plan on seeing it again on Monday and will go to see it again with another friend before it goes off cinema!!!!

DAY ONE on BD without question, and damn yes...i want that steel book!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-01-2013, 08:25 PM   #11

Aug 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rincewind78 View Post
OMG!!! this film rocked and rocked!!!!!!
loved it very much. plan on seeing it again on Monday and will go to see it again with another friend before it goes off cinema!!!!

DAY ONE on BD without question, and damn yes...i want that steel book!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Day one, without a doubt. Saw this on Wednesday, and went in being not particularly bothered about it, especially after seeing the latest Captain America trailer, but....wow....can't wait to see it again!
Old 11-02-2013, 02:07 PM   #12

Sep 2012

I enjoyed it but agree with those professional critics I've read who said they didn't enjoy it as much as the first - and the first hadn't exactly been the best Marvel film.

There's a pretty good dissection of everything that was wrong with it by the four reviewers at Total Film and they diss it for a lot of things - inconsistent tone, lack of any Jane involvement or believability in her reactions to Asgard, poor "generic" villain, distinct lack of any sense of real peril etc. Have to say I thought the film was full of endless Maguffins and nonsense and when your add to those the fact your central bad guy is the master of illusion you have an instant "get out" for any situation the writers paint themselves into. The main twist in the last scene (before the two post-credit clips) contradicting what happened some time back in the film is never explained, or even attempted to be explained, in any way at all and that's a huge fail in my book just to get an "Oh my God!" ending.

But perhaps worse of all was the outright plagiarism of "Lord of the Rings" far too often. The intro scene almost looks like a take-by-take remake from the opening of "Fellowship of the Ring" and I lost count of the number of times I thought "Ah! There's Howard Shore's music again" before realising "Well no. It's just a pastiche of his music".
ISF calibrated Panasonic 65VT50 TV, Oppo BD95 Zone-Free Blu-ray, Onkyo TR-818 AV receiver, B&W 5 speakers, BL XXLS400-DF subwoofer
Old 11-02-2013, 04:25 PM   #13
Blu-ray Duke

Dec 2008
Wales

Steelbook ordered
My PSN Trophy Card | PS4 Tips, Tricks & Fixes
List of BD Movies That Have PS3 Themes
Pre-orders:Stargate SB|Anchorman2 SB|Vanishing Point SB|Eva 3.33|Gurren Lagann: Ultimate Edition|Mai Mai Miracle|The Place Promised in Our Early Days|009 RE:CYBORG 3D CE|
PS4|PS3 12gb Slim(1TB SATA HDD)|LG 42LW650T 3D LED|Toshiba BDX3100 (Multi-Region3D Player)|ONKYO HTX-22HD 5.1|Bush BFSAT01HD Freesat HD Box.
Old 11-02-2013, 05:41 PM   #14

Sep 2012
United kingdom
United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastAndFluid View Post
I enjoyed it but agree with those professional critics I've read who said they didn't enjoy it as much as the first - and the first hadn't exactly been the best Marvel film.

There's a pretty good dissection of everything that was wrong with it by the four reviewers at Total Film and they diss it for a lot of things - inconsistent tone, lack of any Jane involvement or believability in her reactions to Asgard, poor "generic" villain, distinct lack of any sense of real peril etc. Have to say I thought the film was full of endless Maguffins and nonsense and when your add to those the fact your central bad guy is the master of illusion you have an instant "get out" for any situation the writers paint themselves into. The main twist in the last scene (before the two post-credit clips) contradicting what happened some time back in the film is never explained, or even attempted to be explained, in any way at all and that's a huge fail in my book just to get an "Oh my God!" ending.

But perhaps worse of all was the outright plagiarism of "Lord of the Rings" far too often. The intro scene almost looks like a take-by-take remake from the opening of "Fellowship of the Ring" and I lost count of the number of times I thought "Ah! There's Howard Shore's music again" before realising "Well no. It's just a pastiche of his music".
To each his own, but the lord of the rings parallels were what I thought made the whole movie better plus the upgraded special effects and Tyler's score was fantastic! I loved the fact it was huge and lotr like because I really enjoyed the lord of the rings and the hobbit and I thought mixing the whole superhero meets Sci Fi meets fantasy adventure was a genius approach because Asgard is magic and science. The prologue was one of the best sequences of the film in my opinion. Plus it would be a blatant lie to call it a remake of the LOTR prologue as the events and how they happen are completely different as is the dynamic of the scene. The twists of the film are the first twists since avengers to truly shock me. Malekith may not have been in the movie as much as he could have but I thought he was threatening and a quite dark and villainous figure and the lines he did have were chilling and showed his supreme intelligence over thor. Plus he was a villain that could finally offer thor a challenge in a fight as Loki could never really match thor nor could the chitauri or frost giants.
"I rode this in the Antigrav Olympics 2074 I came last"
The 11th Doctor
Old 11-02-2013, 05:59 PM   #15

Mar 2011

Just been to see Thor at the IMAX, thought it was fantastic. Agree with the above comment though about the omg moment!!

Does anyone know what the first post-credit scene was all about?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-02-2013, 06:53 PM   #16
Special Member

Jan 2013
UK, south

People are actually going to pre order this bollocks?
Old 11-02-2013, 07:18 PM   #17
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2011
Worcester, UK

LOL to the above. This was cracking entertainment, will be purchasing the 3D blu ray day one.
Pack your bags, we're going on a guilt trip!

3D FAN
Old 11-02-2013, 07:49 PM   #18
Special Member

Jan 2013
UK, south

Each to their own, I guess. Take it you're a big fan of the ol' 3D?
Old 11-02-2013, 08:54 PM   #19
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2011
Worcester, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by theprestige85 View Post
Each to their own, I guess. Take it you're a big fan of the ol' 3D?
Very true. I lol'd at your apparent surprise at people pre ordering this when marvel movies are obviously very popular and there are loads of people here who buy each one. I did enjoy the movie a lot, its far from perfect but it was great entertainment and had a very worthwhile 3D experience to boot.
Pack your bags, we're going on a guilt trip!

3D FAN
Old 11-02-2013, 10:34 PM   #20
Special Member

Jan 2013
UK, south

Well, yeah, I mean, as somebody else mentioned elsewhere on this thread, the film came out like 2 days ago :/ didn't think people were THAT keen to snap this up upon blu ray release date. It's not like it's gonna sell out or anything, bruv.

I'm sure it's mildly entertaining and I can see why marvel films are popular right now, but to be honest, comic films haven't really done it for me in the last few years or so, not counting Nolan's Batman trilogy. Just feels all samey and soulless now, it's not like it was back when X-men 1 was released, theres none of that excitement or curiousity as to which filmmaker will tackle what comic book adapt and lend their spin on it. Now it doesn't matter who directs because it's all the same commercial bull.

People love to take the piss out of Ang Lee's Hulk, but that had his flavour, you know? It's a somewhat flawed film, but I do think it's brilliant at the same time and very ambitious in regards to the themes explored. You're not going to get that right now.

Sorry, i'm ranting right now but if you're from my generation where this comic films were on the up, you'll understand my frustration.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > United Kingdom and Ireland