Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Grave of the Fireflies (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Game of Thrones: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$19.95
The Walking Dead: The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
$49.99
Mad Max (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Star Trek: The Next Generation, Season 3 (Blu-ray)
$36.88
Spirited Away (Blu-ray)
$25.89
Kingsman: The Secret Service (Blu-ray)
$22.99
The Immigrant (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Annie (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Lupin III: The Castle of Cagliostro (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Stigmata (Blu-ray)
$15.89
Hyperdimension Neptunia The Animation: Complete Series + OVA LE (Blu-ray)
$40.29
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED
Old 07-09-2014, 01:32 PM   #1

Jun 2008
United Kingdom Fargo: An FX Original Series - Pre-order

Release date: September 22, 2014.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Fargo-Season...A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

Best TV Show of 2014 so far, IMO
Thanks given by:
Pecker (07-10-2014)
Old 07-09-2014, 01:38 PM   #2
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2012

Yay, we are actually getting a blu-ray, I looked yesterday and only the DVD was listed...
Old 07-09-2014, 01:40 PM   #3
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2008
Somewhere in England

Aces!
Films to watch Summer 2015: Force Majeure. Big Game, Mad Max: Fury Road, Spring, Tomorrowland, Man Up, San Andreas, Spy, Jurassic World, Minions, Terminator Genisys, Ted 2, Ant-Man, Maggie, Self/Less, Inside Out, Southpaw, Mission: Impossible - Rouge Nation, Fantastic Four, Pixels, Man from U.N.C.L.E, Trainwreck.
Best Films of the 2014: 1) Boyhood. 2) Foxcatcher. 3) Calvary. 4) Birdman. 5) Mr. Turner. 6) Mommy. 7) Frank. 8) Godzilla. 9) Nightcrawler. 10) Inherent Vice
Thanks given by:
ijustblumyself (07-09-2014)
Old 07-09-2014, 01:46 PM   #4
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2011
UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foggy View Post
Aces!
You betcha!

Looking forward to grabbing this, I agree with it being the best TV series of the year - just brilliant from start to finish with some of the best characters on screen today. Thornton, Freeman and Tolman are all particularly excellent.

Speaking of the finish
[Show spoiler]that final release of the Fargo theme tune, after being teased with the similar-but-not-quote music throughout was a great, earned moment of triumph and catharsis. Perfectly done.
Old 07-09-2014, 02:01 PM   #5
Blu-ray Count

Oct 2010
Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farid View Post
We're also getting a slipcase, hurray

I know it's only a temporary cover but you'd think the person doing it would hazard a guess that it's not a 12 certificate! Is it wrong of me to think it would be cool to have a knitted slip?
"Sometimes it scares me how far away my brain is." DC
"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." AE
''I have no idea what Hammer Time is. Or how it differs from regular time." DM
"How many times do I have to buy this thing?" MH
Thanks given by:
blurayoliver (07-09-2014)
Old 07-09-2014, 02:15 PM   #6
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2011
UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by chip75 View Post
I know it's only a temporary cover but you'd think the person doing it would hazard a guess that it's not a 12 certificate! Is it wrong of me to think it would be cool to have a knitted slip?
No, I'd think about snapping one up! I'd regret it when the thing was a pain to fit on a shelf but I'd love it at the time.

Rating aside, that slip is perfect.
Old 07-09-2014, 02:22 PM   #7
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by chip75 View Post
Two episodes have already achieved a 15, and 12 seems to be the default, the BBC gave the temp cover of In The Flesh a 12, it achieved an 18...
Old 07-09-2014, 03:08 PM   #8
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2008
Somewhere in England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy Ackerman View Post
No, I'd think about snapping one up! I'd regret it when the thing was a pain to fit on a shelf but I'd love it at the time.

Rating aside, that slip is perfect.
I think the only thing that would make the slip better is if the blu banner was in the same style as the rest if the knitted cover, granted it would probably lead to much confusion.
Films to watch Summer 2015: Force Majeure. Big Game, Mad Max: Fury Road, Spring, Tomorrowland, Man Up, San Andreas, Spy, Jurassic World, Minions, Terminator Genisys, Ted 2, Ant-Man, Maggie, Self/Less, Inside Out, Southpaw, Mission: Impossible - Rouge Nation, Fantastic Four, Pixels, Man from U.N.C.L.E, Trainwreck.
Best Films of the 2014: 1) Boyhood. 2) Foxcatcher. 3) Calvary. 4) Birdman. 5) Mr. Turner. 6) Mommy. 7) Frank. 8) Godzilla. 9) Nightcrawler. 10) Inherent Vice
Old 07-09-2014, 04:05 PM   #9
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2011
UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farid View Post
What was your favorite moment(s) from the series?

My jaw hit the floor just about the
[Show spoiler]Las Vegas
scene. Oh what a cliffhanger!
Great choice. Although for me it was probably
[Show spoiler]the snow storm/shoot-out. All of it was done beautifully with the characters sort-of halo'd against the backdrop.

Also, to add to your one,
[Show spoiler]the elevator ride
in the next episode.
[Show spoiler]Coming after the lengthy catch-up mini-plot it was a perfect punchline, as well as a horrifying moment for Lester. "Lester... is this what you want?" That whole episode, right up to The Second Mrs. Nygaard being killed, was amazing.
Old 07-09-2014, 04:35 PM   #10
Blu-ray Prince

Mar 2012
Northern Ireland

Great show, I watched most of the episodes including the ending and missed a few in between during its run on channel 4. I can't wait until September now, so many excellent releases coming.
"Nice night for a walk."
Old 07-09-2014, 06:23 PM   #11
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2010

This and Penny Dreadful have made up for the crap on TV of late
Old 07-09-2014, 06:25 PM   #12
Special Member

Jun 2010
Devon, UK
-
-

This show was awesome. Will pick this up!
Pre-Ordered Blu-rays:
Nothing...
Films I'm Waiting For:
Munich, Harold and Kumar Get the Munchies, Dude Where's My Car?, Crank, The Village, Bad Boys 2, Rush Hour 2, Stargate SG-1: Seasons 1-10
My Film Ratings: IMDb
Amarays rule!!!
Old 07-10-2014, 09:16 AM   #13

Jun 2012
-
-
United Kingdom

it was just the other week I was saying on the US Blu-ray forum, I was confused as to why the UK wasn't getting this on Blu-ray as they've released the movie 3 times, of which I've bought the original release years ago, and the remastered steelbook the other month... yes I love the film that much. Now I see we are getting the series *with a slipcase*, I couldn't be more excited... Fargo is f**king awesome!
Old 07-10-2014, 09:17 AM   #14

Feb 2012
Wales, UK

Day one for me!
Old 07-10-2014, 12:41 PM   #15
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2011
Virginia, US

Very jealous that you guys get a slip!
Old 07-10-2014, 01:28 PM   #16
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2008
Somewhere in England

I wouldn't get too hyped for the slip art just yet, it is only temp.
Old 07-10-2014, 03:51 PM   #17

Jun 2012
In a movie

And well deserved....although Martin Freeman was superb, I think it must be a win for the brilliant Billy Bob Thornton.
Great to see that Hanks also got nominated for his role !
Old 09-01-2014, 03:42 PM   #18
Blu-ray Prince

Mar 2012
Northern Ireland

What happened to the cover art, it's horrible now.

"Nice night for a walk."
Old 09-01-2014, 03:49 PM   #19
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2013
Hants, UK

I wouldn't say it's horrible, maybe just not as minimalist as before. I'm alright though - the remastered edition of the original film has a decent enough cover!

I'll get this eventually (Fox titles always drop in price) but not gonna pre-order it. Excellent series though. Can't believe the amount of people I asked who hadn't even seen the film let alone the series!
Old 09-01-2014, 03:52 PM   #20
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2008
Somewhere in England

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapta View Post
I wouldn't say it's horrible, maybe just not as minimalist as before. I'm alright though - the remastered edition of the original film has a decent enough cover!

I'll get this eventually (Fox titles always drop in price) but not gonna pre-order it. Excellent series though. Can't believe the amount of people I asked who hadn't even seen the film let alone the series!
I know more people who have seen the series who don't actually know there is an original film.

And yeah, new cover art is a bit disappointing. It's not bad, just obnoxiously bland.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > United Kingdom and Ireland