COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$54.96
Poirot: The Complete Cases Collection (Blu-ray)
$198.49
Dexter: The Eighth Season (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Draft Day (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Orange Is the New Black: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$18.49
Transformers Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$17.24
Destroy All Monsters (Blu-ray)
$12.74
Pain & Gain (Blu-ray)
$10.12
Sleepaway Camp (Blu-ray)
$15.99
Ray Donovan: Season One (Blu-ray)
$24.49
X-Men: Days of Future Past (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase One - Avengers Assembled (Blu-ray)
$119.99
Steven Spielberg Director's Collection (Blu-ray)
$91.99
Godzilla (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Baltimore Ravens: Road to XLVII (Blu-ray)
$20.08
Sin City: A Dame to Kill For (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Eternal Damn Nation (Blu-ray)
$15.25
The Fault in Our Stars (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Godzilla vs. Megalon (Blu-ray)
$12.74
Old 01-31-2010, 03:23 AM   #1

Jun 2009
Lima, Peru - Gaithersburg, MD, USA
Default Is there any 5 Disc Blu-ray player?

I don't know if this question has been posted before (I made a search and couldn't find a thread)

Is there any 5 disc blu ray player? I have been looking around the web and couldn't find any, and if there's none why haven't manufacturers made one already?
Old 02-01-2010, 06:52 PM   #2

Sep 2009
Edmonton, Canada Blu-ray SteelBooks™: 92

I can't answer this question but it does seem odd i haven't seen them too.
A 5 disc player would come in really handy for watching The Rome Series, or the Band of Brothers series. Thats if you're too lazy to go and change the disc ..which sometimes i am
Old 02-01-2010, 06:55 PM   #3
Power Member

May 2009
Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlimof View Post
I don't know if this question has been posted before (I made a search and couldn't find a thread)

Is there any 5 disc blu ray player? I have been looking around the web and couldn't find any, and if there's none why haven't manufacturers made one already?
I don't think so. Sony has thier 400 Blu changer for under $600 on Amazon which I am " " this close to buying.
"Do you know what it's like to fall in the mud and get kicked... in the head... with an iron boot? Of course you don't, no one does. It never happens. Sorry, Ted, that's a dumb question... skip that."
Old 02-02-2010, 06:14 PM   #4

Dec 2009
Indiana, USA

dolphinc,

you could try and go to a Magnolia Best Buy store and show them the amazon.com price and see if they can match it. i know i know, they won't match an online ad. but it's worth a try at a magnolia store especially if they know you are willing to buy and not just jerking their chain.
Samsung 50B550 Plasma
Pioneer Elite BDP-23FD
Pioneer Elite VSX-21TXH Receiver
Definitive Technology Pro Cinema 600 Speakers
Panamax M4300
Harmony 510 Remote
Old 02-02-2010, 06:44 PM   #5

Dec 2009

Are you sure you aren't talking about the Amc Acesonic changer? It costs about $600. If I am remembering correctly, the Sony 400 blu-ray disc changer is almost $2000.
Old 02-02-2010, 06:55 PM   #6

Dec 2009
Indiana, USA

well, i'm not so sure anymore if it is a magnolia player. however, it is about $800 at best buy. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Sony+-+M...&skuId=9500444

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredomHD View Post
Are you sure you aren't talking about the Amc Acesonic changer? It costs about $600. If I am remembering correctly, the Sony 400 blu-ray disc changer is almost $2000.
Samsung 50B550 Plasma
Pioneer Elite BDP-23FD
Pioneer Elite VSX-21TXH Receiver
Definitive Technology Pro Cinema 600 Speakers
Panamax M4300
Harmony 510 Remote
Old 02-02-2010, 07:01 PM   #7

Dec 2009

$800 isn't as bad as Amazon's price. (Although I would rather just get up and change the disc than spend anything on it).
Old 02-02-2010, 07:22 PM   #8
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2009
jO-hio

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredomHD View Post
I thought Sony was offering 2 versions of this changer, one close to the $600 mark and an ES model near the $2k mark.

Bill
Wives and toddlers...can't live with them and people notice them missing.
Proud Member of CAA: Chronic Adjusters Anonymous
Old 02-02-2010, 07:54 PM   #9
Blu-ray Duke

Dec 2007
Club Loop

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFattBill View Post
I thought Sony was offering 2 versions of this changer, one close to the $600 mark and an ES model near the $2k mark.

Bill
Correct.
Because Calamari Marionette Ph.D sounded pompous, that's why.
Old 02-02-2010, 08:09 PM   #10

Oct 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlimof View Post

There are no multi-disc players available. Sony sells a couple of 400 disc changers. Links:

http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/...52921665945153
http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/...52921665925651
Old 11-06-2010, 03:55 AM   #11
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2007
Indianapolis

bump
imperio absenti chaos regit

bonitas non est pessimis esse meliorem

si post fata venit gloria non propero
Old 11-06-2010, 04:19 AM   #12
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2009

I don't need a 400-disc one (I just wouldn't want all my discs hanging out in there), but I'd love a 5-disc machine. Just so I can keep a couple of things in there at once. For example, I may be in the middle of watching a TV series set and want to watch something else in between, it would be so nice to just be able to put it in the player at the same time.
Old 11-07-2010, 04:29 PM   #13

Oct 2010

I'm really surprised by this too and can't believe there is not a 5-disc changer on the market yet.

As others have said, I don't want or need a disc changer for several hundred discs...I want one that does 5. I don't want to pay for one that does hundreds at a time as I only want a few in the machine at a time.

One other reason for wanting a changer in addition to movies is for music. I have a lot of CDs that I still like to play and there are no longer many CD changers on the market at all. It would be nice to have one unit for my BDs, my DVDs and CDs. For all of those different uses a single disc player is very annoying and a 5-disc changer would be perfect. Luckilly I still have a 5-disc DVD upconverter player which I use for my CDs, but wish a blu-ray changer would come out so I can use just one component for all of them.

Where they heck are they?
Old 11-07-2010, 09:07 PM   #14

Nov 2010

Hello
Old 11-18-2011, 01:58 PM   #15

Nov 2011
Default 5-disc blu-ray player

So, I signed up to this forum for the primary goal of finding out if anyone knows who is making 5-disc or 6-disc blu-ray players. Is it out there? Anyone who has kids and wants to adopt newer technology should know how I feel as kids will watch the same few movies over and over; not to mention you can add their educational DVD or Blu-ray disc in as well. With a 5-disc changer, this would be a godsend! Kids can watch what they want and we can change out the Netflix movies. If you get more than one Netflix movie at at time, wham! Just load them all in at once and STILL have the kids movies in the player. Anyone who has a 5-disc DVD changer and kids knows this isn't being lazy, this is a fact of life and nearly a necessity.

Why are Sony, Panasonic, Samsung, Pioneer, Yamaha, Onkyo and every other big name player ignoring what I think is an obvious market (assuming I hadn't missed any products out there)?

And no, I don't want a 200+ changer since I don't have the space for something that huge.

-Frustrated
Old 11-18-2011, 07:07 PM   #16
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2007
Lancaster, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaduren View Post

And no, I don't want a 200+ changer since I don't have the space for something that huge.

-Frustrated
That's all I've seen. If it's any consolation, the 400 disk unit from Sony has a "rental slot" so you don't have to load it up with all the rest of the disks.

The thing is HUGE, though.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray > Blu-ray Players and Recorders