Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, From $3.99 »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Person of Interest: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$14.99
11 hrs ago
Star Trek: The Next Generation, Season 6 (Blu-ray)
$31.99

X-Men: Days of Future Past (Blu-ray)
$9.99
19 hrs ago
Breaking Bad: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$149.99
18 hrs ago
Rain Man (Blu-ray)
$3.99
13 hrs ago
The Newsroom: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$22.99
18 hrs ago
Star Trek: The Next Generation, Season 3 (Blu-ray)
$31.99

The November Man (Blu-ray)
$14.99
2 hrs ago
The Walking Dead: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$14.99
19 hrs ago
Star Trek: The Next Generation, Season 1 (Blu-ray)
$19.99

House of Cards: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$14.99

The Avengers (Blu-ray)
$9.99
19 hrs ago

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 03-12-2013, 02:00 AM   #41
Blu-ray Archduke

May 2010
Mississippi, U.S.A. DigiBooks-------------------------->89 SteelBooks™--------->133 UV-------->282

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thompson9100 View Post
This is the solution to solve these problems with Lionsgate BD's.

You MUST have some sort of memory attached, whether a SD card, USB memory stick or directly attached external hard drive.

These discs work on PS3 because of the internal HDD, howevrr most BD players do not have internal memory, just USB or SD slots.

Have gone through all the options - firmware, registering for LG Premium, ensuring internet was fine, but nothing worked to let me play Crank 2 until I stuck a USB stick in, then Lionsgate downloaded some software and it played fine.

I reached this conclusion following an earlier post that said once he put an SD card in everything worked fine. This may also be why I couldnt use BD Live before also.

HOpe this helps.

Dan T
Or use a BD drive hooked up to a PC.
Old 03-12-2013, 04:10 AM   #42
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thompson9100 View Post
This is the solution to solve these problems with Lionsgate BD's.

You MUST have some sort of memory attached, whether a SD card, USB memory stick or directly attached external hard drive.

These discs work on PS3 because of the internal HDD, howevrr most BD players do not have internal memory, just USB or SD slots.

Have gone through all the options - firmware, registering for LG Premium, ensuring internet was fine, but nothing worked to let me play Crank 2 until I stuck a USB stick in, then Lionsgate downloaded some software and it played fine.

I reached this conclusion following an earlier post that said once he put an SD card in everything worked fine. This may also be why I couldnt use BD Live before also.

HOpe this helps.

Dan T
Well hold on!

That's only the solution for CRANK 2 if your player is ONLINE. CRANK 2 plays fine on my player because I'm not online with it.
However, my father's player is online and wouldnt play CRANK 2... at first.
I came to blu-ray.com, to the CRANK 2 thread, and that's where I learned that my dad needs to put a card in the SD slot.
But again, you dont need to if you're offline.

The real LIONSGATE problems are with titles such as Basic Instinct and American Psycho. These titles played fine three and four years ago, but later stopped loading (no matter if you had an SD CARD or not, were online or not). Nothing to do with an SD card or memory stick; simply discs that went bad/corroded.
Old 03-12-2013, 11:50 AM   #43

Jun 2012

I've got a couple other Lionsgate movies not mentioned that won't play on my Toshiba BDX2150 but will play on a Sony PS3:
- The Cider House Rules (movie plays but no dialogue)
- Winter Bone (trailers play but no menu or movie)

I've tried updating the firmware, connecting it to the Internet and adding a 8GB flash drive for extra memory, I read someplace this player only has 100MB built-in. I signed up and posted about this (along with others with similar problems) in the Toshiba Help forums but haven't received a response yet (the phone number they give for tech support is useless, as they direct you to the forums).
Old 04-01-2013, 10:50 PM   #44

Jun 2012
So Cal

I've got a problem with the Rambo BD. When I try to play it in my PS3, sometimes it will give the message that it cannot be played. If I try again, it plays, but when it gets to Chapter 7, it freezes up for a while and then skips over a portion of the film. Here's the thing though: this is the second time I'm having the exact same problem. I actually sent the disc back to Lionsgate the first time and they eventually sent me a replacement disc. Now I noticed the same thing's happening again.

I just called Lionsgate Customer Service right now and explained the situation. The rep kept telling me that there was probably something wrong with my PS3, even though I told her I had thousands of BDs and none of them had problems like this. I told her I already tried clearing the cache on the PS3 on both occasions after she mentioned that. The PS3 firmware has already been updated. She told me to try it on another Blu-ray player and if it still doesn't work, to send the disc back to them again, but I said the PS3 was the only Blu-ray player I had. I told her I would gladly send the disc back again if they cover the return shipping costs since it's not fair that I should have to keep paying to send these discs back to them. She refused and said they don't do that. I already paid for the movie when I bought it the first time and then I paid to send it back to them. I don't know why Lionsgate's reps always say it only costs about $1 to send the disc back to them - I paid $2 the first time and then another $1 for the delivery confirmation. I can just go out and get another copy of Rambo for $4 at Target.

I tried several times to tell the rep about these forums and that I wasn't the only person having these problems - there were a lot of others having similar issues playing Lionsgate BDs. But she just kept discrediting and dismissing what other people said on the forums, just like how most people react when you mention anything on the net. She kept saying that she had no information about anybody else having any kinds of issues on any of their BD titles. WTF??? This rep was a b*tch and wouldn't listen to anything I said to her, she didn't seem like she wanted to help me at all. Not cool because the first time I dealt with Lionsgate over the phone, the rep was very nice and helpful and actually followed through on what they promised.

Being a big movie collector, this experience affects my movie-buying habits and the way I look at Lionsgate. This sucks. What should I do here - pay to send it back to them again or buy another copy??? Either way, I'm afraid of getting another disc that will eventually have problems. Any thoughts?
Old 04-02-2013, 02:13 AM   #45
Expert Member

Oct 2012
Northern California

You have to rattle the right cages with companies that use customer service reps as gate keepers. Here's their corporate address & phone #:

2700 Colorado Ave
Santa Monica, CA 90404
Phone: 310-449-9200

Here's their corporation contact site for specific names/contacts:

http://corporate.lionsgate.com/Contact.asp

I suggest your WRITE to them directly and preferably use registered mail, rather than email or phone. Phone is the worst method, since they usually don't record incoming calls, so they're not on record. You can try email first then the snail-mail route, but in either case be specific with your complaint and let them know you want action either through a refund or replacement at THEIR expense. Also, let them know that you will have no problem posting your grievance at this site (and/or others) and also let them know about the rash of complaints posted here (direct them to specific threads). This is not very smart on their part from a public relations standpoint to let this problem go unanswered, so be sure to remind them just how many registered members (eyeballs) are on this site (or others). Good luck.
Old 04-02-2013, 02:23 AM   #46
Power Member

Mar 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
You have to rattle the right cages with companies that use customer service reps as gate keepers. Here's their corporate address & phone #:

2700 Colorado Ave
Santa Monica, CA 90404

I suggest your WRITE to them directly and preferably use registered mail, rather than email or phone. Phone is the worst method, since they usually don't record incoming calls, so they're not on record. You can try email first then the snail-mail route, but in either case be specific with your complaint and let them know you want action either through a refund or replacement at THEIR expense. Also, let them know that you will have no problem posting your grievance at this site (and/or others) and also let them know about the rash of complaints posted here (direct them to specific threads). This is not very smart on their part from a public relations standpoint to let this problem go unanswered, so be sure to remind them just how many registered members (eyeballs) are on this site (or others). Good luck.
Wow. Excellent info and suggestions there. I also had issues with 2 Lionsgate blurays a while back but tossed and replaced them, it was before I found and joined this site though. Going forward I'll have to remember this info!
Old 04-02-2013, 03:08 AM   #47
Expert Member

Oct 2012
Northern California

Quote:
Originally Posted by kallima View Post
Wow. Excellent info and suggestions there. I also had issues with 2 Lionsgate blurays a while back but tossed and replaced them, it was before I found and joined this site though. Going forward I'll have to remember this info!
I had a problem a few years back with an appliance manufacturer and was being bounced around with their customer service rep and authorized repair service. I documented everything, but after 3 months had had enough, so I did a little research and found the name of the C.E.O. and his address at the company for "official" business. I sent a registered letter with my complaint and all the documentation and told him that I would not recommend their products to anyone after my experiences with how they treated their customers. The day after he took receipt of the letter, I got a phone call from his secretary that the authorized repair service was going to call me later in the day to take care of it (which they did). I also received a personal letter from the C.E.O. apologizing for the inconvenience and was promised that he was looking into the matter personally to make sure it wouldn't happen again. Too many people throw up their hands when they get resistance from the people who are employed to take care of the customer base. Like they say, go to the top if you don't get the right answers.
Old 04-02-2013, 09:57 AM   #48

Jun 2012
So Cal

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post

2700 Colorado Ave
Santa Monica, CA 90404

Yeah, pretty much that's every corporation and franchise that uses CS reps as gatekeepers. I just hate it when I'm wronged by a company and they get away with it, but I also feel that way when I get mistreated by anybody working in customer service that I don't want to let them get away with that sh*t and I complain until I'm satisfied. I've been fighting with so many companies over the last few years that I'm just getting so sick and tired of it. It just adds so much stress to my life which is already at its lowest point right now. Putting together convincing and persuasive complaints take time and time is something I'm running out of. I hadn't considered yet taking this extreme route with Lionsgate but I might try it. I've had a few successes with writing letters of complaint, even with complaining over the phone. But most companies I've dealt with couldn't care less about one customer trying to raise hell, especially Sony which in my opinion, is the most god-awful, incompetent, chimp-run corporation I've ever had to put up with.

I'm not sure how much clout it would have though, about threatening to post grievances on this site and others or even mentioning the number of other users who have had the same problems with their discs. From my experience, every professional that I've ever mentioned possibly-credible information I found on the net to, they discredited it without even giving it a thought. Just like that b*tch-ass rep I spoke to (though not too high on the professional scale being a CS rep, I know) - I tried to tell her that this site was reputable and the users on this site were real people and movie fans and the ones that were buying their products. She just kept repeating, "You can't put too much stock in what you find on the Internet". Maybe if we got everyone who's had problems with Lionsgate BDs to get together and sign a petition or something, I don't know if they would care about it. There needs to be some hard evidence to back up claims of mass manufacture of defective products. When the rep said I could send the second disc back again, she said that if they test it out and find nothing wrong with it, they'll just send the same disc back to me. Since I only have the PS3 to try it out on, I can't be sure if it'll do the same thing on every BD player. I was thinking I might take the disc to BB or somewhere where they might let me test it out.

Thanks for the advice though, I appreciate it. I have so many BDs and other media that I have yet to open and use, so I might have even more Lionsgate BDs that have problems which would really suck. In that case, I might have to go the complaining to corporate route.
Old 05-20-2013, 08:41 AM   #49

Nov 2009
Default Boycott Lionsgate

I am infuriated with Lionsgate right now and I say BOYCOTT THEM. Send in complaints, tell them you're never gonna purchase from them again, tell them you'll share this information with everyone you can, on here at Blu-ray.com, whatever.

I just purchased Texas Chainsaw and it takes TEN LONG MINUTES for it to start playing. It will load up to the main menu, but if you press play, or even if you try to start it through the scenes, it always takes TEN MINUTES before the Blu-ray will finish loading and start playing. This is ABSURD.

And I have countless of other movies that they made that have given me problems -- Good Will Hunting: 15th Anniversary Edition, The Expendables, Crank 2, Saw VI.

No other Blu-ray from any other company that I have has given me problems -- only Lionsgate Blu-rays! I have some Lionsgate Blu-rays that luckily haven't given me any problems, though apparently according to others, they've experienced problems with them.

Now I have to make sure that with each Blu-ray I buy in the future, I'll have to check and make sure it's not Lionsgate. That's gonna really piss me off if it's a movie I really, really want. Shame on Lionsgate. They should have fixed whatever they're doing wrong by now.
Old 09-02-2013, 05:01 AM   #50

Jun 2012
Colonia Copia Claudia Augusta Lugdunum
United Kingdom The Bank Job

We can count the Bank Job with the same problem. So from my understanding is to solve this dilemma I just have to either plug in a USB stick or go offline on my bluray player?
Old 09-02-2013, 05:20 AM   #51
Banned

Jun 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanicus View Post
We can count the Bank Job with the same problem. So from my understanding is to solve this dilemma I just have to either plug in a USB stick or go offline on my bluray player?
Yeah, try that first. If the disc still won't load, then it has gone bad like a lot of other early Lionsgate discs.
Old 09-02-2013, 05:37 AM   #52

Jun 2012

Thanks. Well I tried playing it through my PS3 slim and that didn't work. I guess I'll try the other methods next time. This is just ridiculous.
Old 09-02-2013, 05:40 AM   #53
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2013

Hmm. Never had any probs playing any Lionsgates discs.
Old 09-02-2013, 05:53 AM   #54

Jun 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanPom View Post
Hmm. Never had any probs playing any Lionsgates discs.
According to this thread not all Lionsgate blurays are defective. Only certain titles. Maybe you haven't encountered one yet.
Old 09-02-2013, 02:32 PM   #55
Special Member

Apr 2010
Western Australia

Add the devils rejects to that list!
Old 09-02-2013, 02:39 PM   #56
Blu-ray Count

May 2011
Texas

Ugh. I'm still upset Crank/2 won't load even when I plug in a USB. They really should start a replacement program, this is unacceptable.
Old 09-02-2013, 03:50 PM   #57
Special Member

Aug 2013

I tested my Lionsgate titles a few days ago and had no problems. By the way, my player is an Insignia.
Old 09-02-2013, 04:43 PM   #58
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2012

Speaking of Lionsgate, why can't you skip past their stupid introduction? We understand that it is a Lionsgate movie, no need to force it down our throats.
I'm sick of seeing that Clint Eastood SMH gif.
Old 09-02-2013, 04:44 PM   #59
Blu-ray Archduke

May 2010
Mississippi, U.S.A. DigiBooks-------------------------->89 SteelBooks™--------->133 UV-------->282

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jett Blu View Post
Speaking of Lionsgate, why can't you skip past their stupid introduction? We understand that it is a Lionsgate movie, no need to force it down our throats.
You can't skip past Fox's or Universal's logos either.
Old 09-02-2013, 04:51 PM   #60

Sep 2011
Pittsburgh

I had this problem with Warrior. My bluray player couldn't read it. So I returned it thinking it was a defective disc. I was wrong. I have bought several Lionsgate movies since and not a problem.......until I just bought Punisher: War Zone. My bluray player will not read it so now I have to just flat out return that movie too. I haven't had this issue with any other company. Very frustrating.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America