Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
28 Days Later / 28 Weeks Later (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Psycho (Blu-ray)
$10.98
Star Trek: The Compendium (Blu-ray)
$24.96
The Gershwins' Porgy & Bess (Blu-ray)
$29.89
Mad Men: The Final Season, Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Willow (Blu-ray)
$10.01
Attack on Titan Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Warrior (Blu-ray)
$5.00
Masterpiece: Downton Abbey Seasons 1 - 4 (Blu-ray)
$44.99
Chucky: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$31.76
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$54.99
The Addams Family (Blu-ray)
$8.69
Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer (Blu-ray)
$10.39
Ghostbusters 1 & 2 (Blu-ray)
$15.92
The Sopranos: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$199.99
The Simpsons: The Seventeenth Season (Blu-ray)
$29.96
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED
Old 08-07-2007, 05:24 AM   #1

Jul 2007
Winter Park, FL
Default Columbia House Blu-ray Club

I wonder when we will all start receiving offers from this club. I am sure the rest of you get enough junk mail for their DVD club.
Visit the Omega Man Movie Forum at:
www.theomegamanmovie.com
Old 08-07-2007, 06:27 AM   #2
Special Member

Jun 2007
Tucumcari
Send a message via MSN to Manco

I never subscribe to anything from Columbia Outhouse. F!@#ing waste of hard earned cash. .99 cent movies my ass.
Only two kinds of people... Those that watch Blu-ray and those that don't know what they're missing. :D
Blu-ray: 35 | HD-DVD: DOA | I Do BLU!

Last edited by Manco; 08-07-2007 at 06:29 AM.
Old 08-07-2007, 08:45 AM   #3

Jun 2007
Default I'll stick with Blockbuster Online

I'll stick with Blockbuster Online. The blockbuster down the street has a large selection of Bluray’s. I can exchange the ones I get in the mail.
Mitsubishi WD-65Y 1080p
PS3 60gig
Onkyo 605
Bose Acoustimass 16
ATT- Uverse
Old 08-07-2007, 09:08 AM   #4
Suspended

Jul 2007
The Paradise of New England

Mail clubs basically became extinct after DVD's went all-sale-price and we all bought them through Amazon.
(Except for Disney Movie Club, which at least has some exclusive titles not sold retail...)

The CH Tape Club was a necessity, since they clearanced out old $99 rental tapes three months later for $29.95, and you could find just about anything that hadn't hit shelves yet--
But with every DVD affordable, someone didn't tell them the bad news that they couldn't do their old act for an encore, and we didn't need them nowadays.
Old 08-07-2007, 12:52 PM   #5

Mar 2007
Rochester NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freis968 View Post
I wonder when we will all start receiving offers from this club. I am sure the rest of you get enough junk mail for their DVD club.

They do have some decent DVD deals. Buy 1 at regualr price, get 50-60 % off all other dvds (up to 20 max per order) and free shipping. At this price point if you bought 20 at a time I ended up paying between 3-10 dollars a piece for each DVD. This was about 5- 15 dollars cheaper than retailers and Amazon.com so i was able to fill up my DVD library easily.

Columbia is offering 2 blu-ray movies at this time. 300 and Blades of Glory. The discount isn't huge though so its still cheaper from Amazon at this point. Maybe in a few years they will be cheaper when blu-ray is more mainstream.
Old 08-07-2007, 06:11 PM   #6

Jun 2007
Send a message via AIM to Leo1016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manco View Post
I never subscribe to anything from Columbia Outhouse. F!@#ing waste of hard earned cash. .99 cent movies my ass.
I did the math and found out that actually Columbia House isn't a bad deal if you subscribe with them correctly and fulfill your purchases and cancel your membership early. It's the "Newly Released" DVDs that they send unannounced and then they send you a bill for $21.95 + 8.00 shipping that bites you in the butt. Plus, if you don't pay within a certain time, there is like a $5 late charge or something.

The thing to do is, when you're about to sign up, order as many as you can on your first order. This will save you shipping in the long run. Sometimes you'll be allowed to order your fulfillment dues right on your first order leaving you nothing to buy in the future. Simply wait to get your DVDs, pay off any shipping and handling charges or $.49 per DVD you order. Call back the next day and cancel your membership.

In the long run, you end up spending about $10 or less per DVD. Which was an awesome deal 4 years ago. I know I ordered a few times, fulfilled my order waited a couple months and did it again.

Can't wait for the Columbia House to start spamming me with those little DVD stamps for blu ray...
Name: Leo
PS3ID: LeonTheProphet
AIM: Leo1016
Email: Leo1016@Hotmail.Com
Blu-Rays: 52
Player: PS3 60GB
TV: Vizio 32" LCD
Surround Sound: Under Construction...
Old 08-07-2007, 06:17 PM   #7
Special Member

Jun 2007
Tucumcari
Send a message via MSN to Manco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo1016 View Post
I did the math and found out that actually Columbia House isn't a bad deal if you subscribe with them correctly and fulfill your purchases and cancel your membership early. It's the "Newly Released" DVDs that they send unannounced and then they send you a bill for $21.95 + 8.00 shipping that bites you in the butt. Plus, if you don't pay within a certain time, there is like a $5 late charge or something.
I appreciate you doing the math on this. But if you go for it, expect your mailbox to be flooded with endless junk mail offerings for the rest of your life. I did this years ago and it took FOREVER to get them off my back. I'll never do it again. Besides, the internet took over this market. It just amazes me they are still around. NO THANKS!

EDIT: at least in the days of old you could throw junk mail in the trash. Now you gotta go to the effort to shred everything. And if you don't, some bozo in Calamazoo will steal your identity and be getting free Blu-rays on you. Then you get his letter from their law office that it's been turned over to collections. What an ordeal. Who needs it.

BTW... check back next week and I'll tell you how I really feel. ;-)
Only two kinds of people... Those that watch Blu-ray and those that don't know what they're missing. :D
Blu-ray: 35 | HD-DVD: DOA | I Do BLU!

Last edited by Manco; 08-07-2007 at 06:22 PM.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray > Blu-ray Technology and Future Technology