Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Avatar (Blu-ray)
$11.81
Minority Report (Blu-ray)
$7.88
The Hunt (Blu-ray)
$11.49
28 Days Later / 28 Weeks Later (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Chuck: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$66.91
Psycho (Blu-ray)
$10.98
Star Trek: The Compendium (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Mad Men: The Final Season, Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Willow (Blu-ray)
$10.01
Attack on Titan Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Lifeforce (Blu-ray)
$14.59
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$54.99
Masterpiece: Downton Abbey Seasons 1 - 4 (Blu-ray)
$44.99
Ghost in the Shell (Blu-ray)
$18.99
Chucky: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$31.76
Warrior (Blu-ray)
$5.00
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED
Old 09-09-2011, 06:41 AM   #561
black coffee black coffee is offline
Active Member
 
black coffee's Avatar
 
Aug 2011
Firehouse, 2nd Floor
4
698
34
Default

Add me to the people who found the PQ good enough, especially after reading that bit about Content Zone having problems with the DI. Not being an expert on DNR and stuff like that (forever a noob~ ), I thought it definitely was an improvement over the Korean DVD.

Packaging is nice, but doesn't seem as sturdy as the digibooks from WB.

Overall, I'm satisfied. It's just nice to see so many new people get to enjoy this awesome movie. Still shocked it never got a R1 release on DVD (along with My Sassy Girl).
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 06:10 AM   #562
Iron_Lung Iron_Lung is offline
Member
 
Iron_Lung's Avatar
 
Jun 2010
651
Default

Could anyone who watched the entire film confirm if the English subtitles are standard and not SDH (subtitled for the deaf and hard of hearing)?

I've read a few pages back and the only comment on them is from a user who only watched the first 10 minutes.

Sorry to harp on it, but not having SDH subs is the main requirement for me and I need to be 100% positive considering the price of this thing. Thanks!

Last edited by Iron_Lung; 09-11-2011 at 07:19 AM. Reason: typo!
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 06:25 AM   #563
Bad Sandwich Bad Sandwich is offline
Special Member
 
Bad Sandwich's Avatar
 
Jan 2011
1
Default

They're standard
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 07:12 AM   #564
Ray O. Blu Ray O. Blu is offline
Power Member
 
Ray O. Blu's Avatar
 
Sep 2008
The £كا
1015
50
3
Default

...and not SDH (subtitled for the death and hard of hearing)?...

I prefer non-SDH subs also, but the D is for deaf .
And, as Bad Sandwich confirmed, the subs are standard in this one.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 07:19 AM   #565
Iron_Lung Iron_Lung is offline
Member
 
Iron_Lung's Avatar
 
Jun 2010
651
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray O. Blu View Post
...and not SDH (subtitled for the death and hard of hearing)?...

I prefer non-SDH subs also, but the D is for deaf .
And, as Bad Sandwich confirmed, the subs are standard in this one.
Heh, whoops. Yeah I guess the dead wouldn't need subs. Thanks for the conformation guys.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 12:11 AM   #566
Anamnesis Anamnesis is offline
Contributor
 
Anamnesis's Avatar
 
Jul 2010
Australia
6
389
81
1
20
Default

Received and watched my copy the other day... I thought the transfer was fine, sure it is not the best I have seen, but it represents the film adequately and is certainly an improvement over the DVD! The subs had a few spelling or grammatical errors, but are definitely not Hard of Hearing.


First Press Blu-ray


First Press Director's Cut Limited Edition DVD
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 04:31 PM   #567
Rockets Rockets is offline
Member
 
Rockets's Avatar
 
Jun 2011
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anamnesis View Post
Received and watched my copy the other day... I thought the transfer was fine, sure it is not the best I have seen, but it represents the film adequately and is certainly an improvement over the DVD! The subs had a few spelling or grammatical errors, but are definitely not Hard of Hearing.

Agree, it's not demo picture material but it's far from a disaster, better than the SD DVD, scrubbed a bit too much but not annoying at all in my eyes. Do I wish it was a better transfer, yes, I am sure most would, would I buy it after seeing the quality of the transfer. Yes. And I do have quite a few that I wound why I even bought the Blu when I have the DVD.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 07:23 PM   #568
Todd_Gaines Todd_Gaines is online now
Blu-ray Guru
 
Todd_Gaines's Avatar
 
Jan 2011
Letterboxd
4
791
93
1
133
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrock View Post
I completely agree stobbart. I know many were wishing for a stronger transfer, but after hearing many of the complaints, I am glad to say I was pleasantly surprised. I expected worse after many of the comments and opinions. I did not really find the screen shot comparisons to be accurate to the overall quality of the picture either.

Great? No. Terrible? Certainly not.

I'm glad the film is in my collection.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xphoenix23 View Post
Just finished watching this movie and it was great.I love movies like this.This was a blind buy and I'm happy I think the transfer is great.Looks better while in motion and not screenshots.For the people who skipped out on this because of screenshots missed out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by black coffee View Post
Add me to the people who found the PQ good enough, especially after reading that bit about Content Zone having problems with the DI. Not being an expert on DNR and stuff like that (forever a noob~ ), I thought it definitely was an improvement over the Korean DVD.

Packaging is nice, but doesn't seem as sturdy as the digibooks from WB.

Overall, I'm satisfied. It's just nice to see so many new people get to enjoy this awesome movie. Still shocked it never got a R1 release on DVD (along with My Sassy Girl).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockets View Post
Agree, it's not demo picture material but it's far from a disaster, better than the SD DVD, scrubbed a bit too much but not annoying at all in my eyes. Do I wish it was a better transfer, yes, I am sure most would, would I buy it after seeing the quality of the transfer. Yes. And I do have quite a few that I wound why I even bought the Blu when I have the DVD.
These comments pretty much some up my thoughts as well. Love the film, love the AQ, & subs are well done. Very pleased with my purchase and I highly recommend this BD.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 08:22 PM   #569
Marten Marten is offline
Active Member
 
Nov 2010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd_Gaines View Post
These comments pretty much some up my thoughts as well. Love the film, love the AQ, & subs are well done. Very pleased with my purchase and I highly recommend this BD.
I'd like to chime in and say this Blu-ray is a decent improvement of the DVD. However, if you have an HD front projector, the difference is night and day. The DVD is barely watchable on a 100" screen, while the Blu-ray looks just as good as it does on a flat panel HDTV. Definitely a must-buy for me.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 04:23 AM   #570
McCrutchy McCrutchy is offline
Contributor
 
McCrutchy's Avatar
 
Dec 2008
East Coast, USA
2
1014
97
5
11
Default

There appears to be more difference in the color timing and contrast of this disc as opposed to DNR, which I honestly didn't see much use of. The image is definitely more washed out than the other editions judging by screencaps (which is a bad idea), but it appears the brightness knob simply went up a lot with this release. I did notice a fair amount of grain.
"You might very well think that; I couldn't possibly comment."
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 05:07 AM   #571
Windows V Windows V is offline
Active Member
 
Oct 2008
60
Default

Hey guys, I'm trying to decide between the regular edition and the "coffeebook" edition. What are the sizes of each case? Is the regular edition the same size (length and height) as a regular Blu-ray case, so it won't stick out from the shelf? (The Battle Royale Blu-ray was DVD-size, so it stood out.) What about the "coffeebook" edition? Is it the size of a regular Blu-ray case, or a digibook case, or DVD, etc? Thanks, guys!
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 08:04 AM   #572
GeorgeP12 GeorgeP12 is offline
Active Member
 
GeorgeP12's Avatar
 
Feb 2010
Saint-Petersburg, Russia
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windows V View Post
What about the "coffeebook" edition?
It has exactly the same size as Warner's DigiBooks. Slightly (4-5 mm) higher than CJ Collection that in turns is slightly higher than regular case. But of course much lower than DVD case.
BDs: 1617
Criterion: 168 - 5 dead discs, Eureka: 45, BFI: 22, CJ Entertainment: 15, Kino: 12, Artificial Eye: 9
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 12:41 PM   #573
DJ Hilalo DJ Hilalo is offline
Expert Member
 
DJ Hilalo's Avatar
 
Aug 2011
UK
658
15
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marten View Post
I'd like to chime in and say this Blu-ray is a decent improvement of the DVD. However, if you have an HD front projector, the difference is night and day. The DVD is barely watchable on a 100" screen, while the Blu-ray looks just as good as it does on a flat panel HDTV. Definitely a must-buy for me.
I second that, got the Coffeebook LE and watched it couple of days ago, much improvement over the Korean DVD LE one I own, could've been better transfer but overall I'm very happy with my purchase
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 03:10 PM   #574
Windows V Windows V is offline
Active Member
 
Oct 2008
60
Default

So the regular edition is the same size as a regular Blu-ray case? That's what it looks like in the picture but I just want to make sure.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 04:38 AM   #575
nelly_platinum nelly_platinum is offline
Banned
 
Dec 2009
???
438
19
Default

so has anyone else noticed the so called "limited edition" is still available?i thought these were limited to a 1000?
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 04:34 PM   #576
the blob the blob is online now
Senior Member
 
Dec 2009
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelly_platinum View Post
so has anyone else noticed the so called "limited edition" is still available?i thought these were limited to a 1000?
I was actually quite thankful for that as it took Yesasia a month to process my replacement from my shipping date. Something went wrong as the day I enquired suddenly I had a credit for the right amount and a despatch email.

To be honest, 1000 is still possible. It's still a niche title and expensive during the worst recession in many a decade. The other release also looks nice too and people have been debating about the PQ so it may not have flown out.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 09:44 PM   #577
aimless aimless is offline
Member
 
aimless's Avatar
 
Aug 2011
Connecticut
91
Default

Finally got around to watching this the other day. I thought the packaging was great.

The picture was quite good. One thing I hate about upconverted DVDs is the subtitles are always fuzzy, so that was a nice fix. I found the picture soft at times, but definitely more than satisfying. Can't wait to watch it on my new TV and sound system soon. Even with TV speakers, that last scene was great.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 04:52 AM   #578
tama tama is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
tama's Avatar
 
Nov 2010
San Jose, CA
975
Default

I thought the PQ was fine. In fact I was so caught up in the film I didnt really pay that much attention. Another great purchase. Im really starting to get sucked into Korean cinema. Everything I've purchased so far is outstanding.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 07:12 AM   #579
Autumn Shroud Autumn Shroud is offline
Special Member
 
Autumn Shroud's Avatar
 
Aug 2008
716
13
Default

I just watched this for the first time, and i'm just totally hyped up. I feel like i could watch it again right now, 15 minutes after it finished. The music is such a huge deal in these contemporary Korean films, and this one is no different. Got a few good laughs out of it, too..albeit due to unintentionally funny moments.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:36 PM   #580
Sky_Captain Sky_Captain is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
Sky_Captain's Avatar
 
Jan 2008
1104
12
1
Default

If anyone in the UK is looking for the standard edition with slipcase and postcards, let me know.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > Asia

Similar Threads
thread Forum Thread Starter Replies Last Post
Monty Python: Meaning of Life vs Holy Grail vs Life of Brian Movie Polls FendersRule 63 05-29-2013 07:59 PM
Went to Frys and heard a bitter HD-DVD fan moaning. Blu-ray Technology and Future Technology blu-backer 50 11-20-2010 04:14 PM
Oh sweet ignorance!!! Blu-ray Technology and Future Technology DJeffries 6 09-03-2007 03:00 AM
Sweet review Blu-ray Technology and Future Technology jedisinclair 0 11-28-2006 02:46 AM


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:49 PM.