Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
$11.81
Minority Report (Blu-ray)
$7.88
The Hunt (Blu-ray)
$11.49
28 Days Later / 28 Weeks Later (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Chuck: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$66.91
Psycho (Blu-ray)
$10.98
Star Trek: The Compendium (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Mad Men: The Final Season, Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Willow (Blu-ray)
$10.01
Attack on Titan Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Lifeforce (Blu-ray)
$14.59
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$54.99
Masterpiece: Downton Abbey Seasons 1 - 4 (Blu-ray)
$44.99
Ghost in the Shell (Blu-ray)
$18.99
Chucky: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$31.76
Warrior (Blu-ray)
$5.00
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED
Old 09-09-2011, 06:41 AM   #561

Aug 2011
Firehouse, 2nd Floor

Add me to the people who found the PQ good enough, especially after reading that bit about Content Zone having problems with the DI. Not being an expert on DNR and stuff like that (forever a noob~ ), I thought it definitely was an improvement over the Korean DVD.

Packaging is nice, but doesn't seem as sturdy as the digibooks from WB.

Overall, I'm satisfied. It's just nice to see so many new people get to enjoy this awesome movie. Still shocked it never got a R1 release on DVD (along with My Sassy Girl).
Old 09-11-2011, 06:10 AM   #562

Jun 2010

Could anyone who watched the entire film confirm if the English subtitles are standard and not SDH (subtitled for the deaf and hard of hearing)?

I've read a few pages back and the only comment on them is from a user who only watched the first 10 minutes.

Sorry to harp on it, but not having SDH subs is the main requirement for me and I need to be 100% positive considering the price of this thing. Thanks!

Last edited by Iron_Lung; 09-11-2011 at 07:19 AM. Reason: typo!
Old 09-11-2011, 06:25 AM   #563
Special Member

Jan 2011

They're standard
Old 09-11-2011, 07:12 AM   #564
Power Member

Sep 2008
The £كا

...and not SDH (subtitled for the death and hard of hearing)?...

I prefer non-SDH subs also, but the D is for deaf .
And, as Bad Sandwich confirmed, the subs are standard in this one.
Old 09-11-2011, 07:19 AM   #565

Jun 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray O. Blu View Post
...and not SDH (subtitled for the death and hard of hearing)?...

I prefer non-SDH subs also, but the D is for deaf .
And, as Bad Sandwich confirmed, the subs are standard in this one.
Heh, whoops. Yeah I guess the dead wouldn't need subs. Thanks for the conformation guys.
Old 09-12-2011, 12:11 AM   #566
Contributor

Jul 2010
Australia

Received and watched my copy the other day... I thought the transfer was fine, sure it is not the best I have seen, but it represents the film adequately and is certainly an improvement over the DVD! The subs had a few spelling or grammatical errors, but are definitely not Hard of Hearing.

First Press Blu-ray

First Press Director's Cut Limited Edition DVD
Old 09-12-2011, 04:31 PM   #567

Jun 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anamnesis View Post
Received and watched my copy the other day... I thought the transfer was fine, sure it is not the best I have seen, but it represents the film adequately and is certainly an improvement over the DVD! The subs had a few spelling or grammatical errors, but are definitely not Hard of Hearing.

Agree, it's not demo picture material but it's far from a disaster, better than the SD DVD, scrubbed a bit too much but not annoying at all in my eyes. Do I wish it was a better transfer, yes, I am sure most would, would I buy it after seeing the quality of the transfer. Yes. And I do have quite a few that I wound why I even bought the Blu when I have the DVD.
Old 09-12-2011, 07:23 PM   #568
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2011
Letterboxd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrock View Post
I completely agree stobbart. I know many were wishing for a stronger transfer, but after hearing many of the complaints, I am glad to say I was pleasantly surprised. I expected worse after many of the comments and opinions. I did not really find the screen shot comparisons to be accurate to the overall quality of the picture either.

Great? No. Terrible? Certainly not.

I'm glad the film is in my collection.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xphoenix23 View Post
Just finished watching this movie and it was great.I love movies like this.This was a blind buy and I'm happy I think the transfer is great.Looks better while in motion and not screenshots.For the people who skipped out on this because of screenshots missed out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by black coffee View Post
Add me to the people who found the PQ good enough, especially after reading that bit about Content Zone having problems with the DI. Not being an expert on DNR and stuff like that (forever a noob~ ), I thought it definitely was an improvement over the Korean DVD.

Packaging is nice, but doesn't seem as sturdy as the digibooks from WB.

Overall, I'm satisfied. It's just nice to see so many new people get to enjoy this awesome movie. Still shocked it never got a R1 release on DVD (along with My Sassy Girl).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockets View Post
Agree, it's not demo picture material but it's far from a disaster, better than the SD DVD, scrubbed a bit too much but not annoying at all in my eyes. Do I wish it was a better transfer, yes, I am sure most would, would I buy it after seeing the quality of the transfer. Yes. And I do have quite a few that I wound why I even bought the Blu when I have the DVD.
These comments pretty much some up my thoughts as well. Love the film, love the AQ, & subs are well done. Very pleased with my purchase and I highly recommend this BD.
Old 09-12-2011, 08:22 PM   #569

Nov 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd_Gaines View Post
These comments pretty much some up my thoughts as well. Love the film, love the AQ, & subs are well done. Very pleased with my purchase and I highly recommend this BD.
I'd like to chime in and say this Blu-ray is a decent improvement of the DVD. However, if you have an HD front projector, the difference is night and day. The DVD is barely watchable on a 100" screen, while the Blu-ray looks just as good as it does on a flat panel HDTV. Definitely a must-buy for me.
Old 09-14-2011, 04:23 AM   #570
Contributor

Dec 2008
East Coast, USA

There appears to be more difference in the color timing and contrast of this disc as opposed to DNR, which I honestly didn't see much use of. The image is definitely more washed out than the other editions judging by screencaps (which is a bad idea), but it appears the brightness knob simply went up a lot with this release. I did notice a fair amount of grain.
"You might very well think that; I couldn't possibly comment."
Old 09-29-2011, 05:07 AM   #571

Oct 2008

Hey guys, I'm trying to decide between the regular edition and the "coffeebook" edition. What are the sizes of each case? Is the regular edition the same size (length and height) as a regular Blu-ray case, so it won't stick out from the shelf? (The Battle Royale Blu-ray was DVD-size, so it stood out.) What about the "coffeebook" edition? Is it the size of a regular Blu-ray case, or a digibook case, or DVD, etc? Thanks, guys!
Old 09-29-2011, 08:04 AM   #572

Feb 2010
Saint-Petersburg, Russia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windows V View Post
What about the "coffeebook" edition?
It has exactly the same size as Warner's DigiBooks. Slightly (4-5 mm) higher than CJ Collection that in turns is slightly higher than regular case. But of course much lower than DVD case.
BDs: 1617
Criterion: 168 - 5 dead discs, Eureka: 45, BFI: 22, CJ Entertainment: 15, Kino: 12, Artificial Eye: 9
Old 09-29-2011, 12:41 PM   #573
Expert Member

Aug 2011
UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marten View Post
I'd like to chime in and say this Blu-ray is a decent improvement of the DVD. However, if you have an HD front projector, the difference is night and day. The DVD is barely watchable on a 100" screen, while the Blu-ray looks just as good as it does on a flat panel HDTV. Definitely a must-buy for me.
I second that, got the Coffeebook LE and watched it couple of days ago, much improvement over the Korean DVD LE one I own, could've been better transfer but overall I'm very happy with my purchase
Old 09-29-2011, 03:10 PM   #574

Oct 2008

So the regular edition is the same size as a regular Blu-ray case? That's what it looks like in the picture but I just want to make sure.
Old 10-09-2011, 04:38 AM   #575
Banned

Dec 2009
???

so has anyone else noticed the so called "limited edition" is still available?i thought these were limited to a 1000?
Old 10-10-2011, 04:34 PM   #576

Dec 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelly_platinum View Post
so has anyone else noticed the so called "limited edition" is still available?i thought these were limited to a 1000?
I was actually quite thankful for that as it took Yesasia a month to process my replacement from my shipping date. Something went wrong as the day I enquired suddenly I had a credit for the right amount and a despatch email.

To be honest, 1000 is still possible. It's still a niche title and expensive during the worst recession in many a decade. The other release also looks nice too and people have been debating about the PQ so it may not have flown out.
Old 10-11-2011, 09:44 PM   #577

Aug 2011
Connecticut

Finally got around to watching this the other day. I thought the packaging was great.

The picture was quite good. One thing I hate about upconverted DVDs is the subtitles are always fuzzy, so that was a nice fix. I found the picture soft at times, but definitely more than satisfying. Can't wait to watch it on my new TV and sound system soon. Even with TV speakers, that last scene was great.
Old 11-24-2011, 04:52 AM   #578
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2010
San Jose, CA

I thought the PQ was fine. In fact I was so caught up in the film I didnt really pay that much attention. Another great purchase. Im really starting to get sucked into Korean cinema. Everything I've purchased so far is outstanding.
Old 01-14-2013, 07:12 AM   #579
Special Member

Aug 2008

I just watched this for the first time, and i'm just totally hyped up. I feel like i could watch it again right now, 15 minutes after it finished. The music is such a huge deal in these contemporary Korean films, and this one is no different. Got a few good laughs out of it, too..albeit due to unintentionally funny moments.
Old 01-16-2013, 08:36 PM   #580
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2008

If anyone in the UK is looking for the standard edition with slipcase and postcards, let me know.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > Asia