Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods (Blu-ray)
$17.99
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$54.99
Willow (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Attack on Titan Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$24.95
28 Days Later / 28 Weeks Later (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Mad Men: The Final Season, Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Chucky: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$31.76
Masterpiece: Downton Abbey Seasons 1 - 4 (Blu-ray)
$44.99
Red Cliff Part I & II (Blu-ray)
$13.39
Psycho (Blu-ray)
$10.98
Star Trek: The Compendium (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Ghostbusters 1 & 2 (Blu-ray)
$15.91
James Cameron's Deepsea Challenge 3D (Blu-ray)
$15.89
McLintock! (Blu-ray)
$10.20
Game of Thrones - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$34.99
The Sopranos: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$199.99
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Television

Old 02-27-2010, 07:47 AM   #1
Blu-ray Champion

Aug 2008
Default Actors with Scars on their faces.

One thing that seems strange to me is when I see an actor in a major role on TV with a pronounced scar on their face.

At one point you'd never see that, but now you see people with major scars on their faces getting major roles, and not just "thug" or "criminal" type roles.

Off the top of my head, I can think of THREE actors on TV that have major scars on their face.

This guy from Sons of Anarchy, and I've seen him in other things too, just can't think of what it is.

Michael K. Williams, who first rose to fame on TV in HBO's "The Wire" as street enforcer Omar. He also has starred in the show The Philanthropist as Teddy Rist's bodyguard.

And Callan Mulvey, and Australian actor who was nearly killed in a car crash, and had to have facial reconstructive surgery, leaving a scar on the left side of his chin, and the loss of vision in one eye.. He stars on the Australian cop show "Rush"

Any others that you can think of?
Old 02-27-2010, 08:53 AM   #2
Blu-ray Baron

Apr 2009
Out there...past the trees...

I recognize the first guy too; his name is Tommy Flanagan, and he's been in "Gladiator," "Alien vs Predator," "Charlie's Angels Full Throttle," "Attila," "Face/Off," "Braveheart," and many other movies I've never seen before. Apparently he was in "Sin City" as well, but I don't remember seeing him in there.
Old 02-27-2010, 10:38 AM   #3
Blu-ray Champion

Aug 2008

Just realized where I saw him from.

He was on an episode of 24 Last season.

Old 02-27-2010, 11:13 AM   #4
Power Member

Mar 2009
Nottingham, United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_The_Strange View Post
I recognize the first guy too; his name is Tommy Flanagan, and he's been in "Gladiator," "Alien vs Predator," "Charlie's Angels Full Throttle," "Attila," "Face/Off," "Braveheart," and many other movies I've never seen before. Apparently he was in "Sin City" as well, but I don't remember seeing him in there.
Think he was an Irish militant with some other guys who tried taking out Clive Owens character.
Old 02-27-2010, 11:44 AM   #5

Oct 2008
Toronto, ON

Neither of these scars come even close to being as major as the other ones posted, but the first two actors that popped into my head when I saw the name of the thread are Joaquin Phoenix and Harrison Ford.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg harrisonford.jpg (45.1 KB, 345 views)
File Type: jpg joaquin-phoenix.jpg (33.0 KB, 343 views)
Old 02-27-2010, 01:04 PM   #6
Blu-ray Guru

Mar 2008
St Louis Area

Tina Fey
If I go missing for a time, fear not, I am traveling with The Doctor. The 11th Doctor, Matt Smith.

Twitter: @freenumber6
Old 02-27-2010, 02:31 PM   #7

Aug 2009
Cardiff
Send a message via MSN to tom pain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrakan View Post
Neither of these scars come even close to being as major as the other ones posted, but the first two actors that popped into my head when I saw the name of the thread are Joaquin Phoenix and Harrison Ford.
I thought of Humphrey Bogart and Steve Buscemi.

Don't know any TV actors though.
Old 02-27-2010, 05:53 PM   #8
Blu-ray Baron

Apr 2009
Out there...past the trees...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael1989 View Post
Think he was an Irish militant with some other guys who tried taking out Clive Owens character.
Oh yeah, I remember him now.
Old 02-27-2010, 06:18 PM   #9
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2009
Mississauga, ON
Canada

Old 02-27-2010, 06:29 PM   #10
Blu-ray Champion

Aug 2008

#facepalm to everyone in this thread (myself included).

The only person someone has posted up that even remotely comes close to what I was asking in the 1st post, is Joaquin Phoenix.

Tina Fey???? SERIOUSLY????
Old 02-27-2010, 06:37 PM   #11
Blu-ray Guru

Mar 2008
St Louis Area

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groo The Perverted View Post
#facepalm to everyone in this thread (myself included).

The only person someone has posted up that even remotely comes close to what I was asking in the 1st post, is Joaquin Phoenix.

Tina Fey???? SERIOUSLY????
You asked for Actors with scars on their face. Tine Fey has a scar on her face and it is rather pronounced, so you tell me what the problem with posting her on here is, she is a bigger star than any of three you posted in your first post.
If I go missing for a time, fear not, I am traveling with The Doctor. The 11th Doctor, Matt Smith.

Old 02-27-2010, 06:41 PM   #12
Blu-ray Champion

Aug 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secretagentnumber6 View Post
You asked for Actors with scars on their face. Tine Fey has a scar on her face and it is rather pronounced, so you tell me what the problem with posting her on here is, she is a bigger star than any of three you posted in your first post.
I honestly don't see a scar on her face. I'll go look through google images, but the point of the thread was sort of a "actors who have major pronounced scars on their faces" type deal.

not a life changing thread, sure, but who cares, it's all in fun.

Seriously though, I don't see any scars on her face and I never have noticed that.

But if she DOES, it can't possibly be anything remotely approaching the three first two I posted.
Old 02-27-2010, 06:52 PM   #13
Blu-ray Guru

Mar 2008
St Louis Area

Quote:
I honestly don't see a scar on her face. I'll go look through google images, but the point of the thread was sort of a "actors who have major pronounced scars on their faces" type deal.

Seriously though, I don't see any scars on her face and I never have noticed that.

But if she DOES, it can't possibly be anything remotely approaching the three first two I posted.
It is actually a very bad scar. But she wears a lot of makeup to cover it up. It is on her left side of her face from the corner of her mouth and onto her cheek. Similar to Flanagan's but not as bad.

No harm though as you said it is just a thread.

Old 02-27-2010, 08:16 PM   #14

May 2009
New Zealand

Quote:
This guy from Sons of Anarchy, and I've seen him in other things too, just can't think of what it is.

His name is Tommy Flannagen (check the url of the image you posted). He was also in Gladiator as Maximus's 'assistant'.
Old 02-27-2010, 08:38 PM   #15
Blu-ray Champion

Aug 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaiGusto View Post
His name is Tommy Flannagen (check the url of the image you posted). He was also in Gladiator as Maximus's 'assistant'.
I remembered him from his episode of 24 last year.
Old 07-27-2010, 10:13 PM   #16
Banned

Oct 2008
Western Washington

Quote:

Hey Groo, just saw this older thread and thought I'd weigh in. Tina does have a fairly pronounced scar and when I watched SNL regularly I would always notice it. Its not as bad as Tommy's cause his is on both sides and deeper but looking at this photo you can clearly see it. It really stands out in Hi-Def though.

Quote:
Since shooting to fame and winning Emmys as the star and creator of 30 Rock, Tina Fey has remained quiet about the dramatic story behind the faint scar that lines that left side of her face.

"It's impossible to talk about it without somehow seemingly exploiting it and glorifying it," Fey, 38, tells Vanity Fair in its January issue.

But when she was 5, the future TV star was playing in the front yard of her Upper Darby, Penn., home when a stranger approached the young Fey and violently cut her cheek.

"She just thought somebody marked her with a pen," says her husband, Jeff Richmond.
And not on her face but Catherina Zeta has a rather significant cut on her throat due to a childhood tracheotomy.
Quote:
I wasn't really posh, no. I went to a little private school, but that's only because I was quite ill as a kid. I'd missed a lot of school because I had a tracheotomy, where they have to stab your throat to make you breathe - I've still got the scar.

Last edited by WyldeMan45; 07-27-2010 at 10:16 PM.
Old 03-27-2011, 02:41 AM   #17

Mar 2011

Seal - whose scars were cause by a form of Lupus.
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0780499/

Mariska Hargitay - who was in the backseat of the car during the crash which killed her mother Jayne Mansfield. She hides the facial scar with her hair.
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0002127/

As for Tina Fey... her face was slashed by a teenager when she was 5 years old. The scar is hard to miss. http://en.academic.ru/pictures/enwik..._Shankbone.jpg
Old 03-28-2011, 03:01 AM   #18

Oct 2010

Others that come to mind for me are Jeffrey Donovan from Burn Notice, Jennifer Runyon from Charles In Charge, Diane Lane and Mark Hammill.
Old 03-28-2011, 03:27 AM   #19
Blu-ray Champion

Aug 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeza View Post
Others that come to mind for me are Jeffrey Donovan from Burn Notice, Jennifer Runyon from Charles In Charge, Diane Lane and Mark Hammill.
They actually wrote Donovan's scar into the show of "Touching Evil", where his character got shot in the forehead.

I remember him saying in an interview that he got it because his brother threw a toy truck and hit him in the head as a kid.
Old 03-28-2011, 12:00 PM   #20
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2010
Deep in the jungle.

[Show spoiler]James Woods....probably not the type of scars you were referring to, but they're scars, nonetheless.
Sacred cows make the best hamburger.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Television