Best PS3 Game Deals

Best PS3 Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Akiba's Trip: Undead & Undressed (PS3)
$13.43
Dynasty Warriors 7: Xtreme Legends (PS3)
$10.58
Dragon Age Inquisition - Standard Edition (PS3)
$11.60
Sonic the Hedgehog (PS3)
$13.69
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES (PS3)
$14.79
Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII (PS3)
$7.99
Final Fantasy IX (PS3)
$13.99
Monster High New Ghoul In School (PS3)
$32.69
Rio (PS3)
$18.08
Arcana Heart 3 Love Max!!!!! (PS3)
$16.08
Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax (PS3)
$32.67
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas Greatest Hits (PS3)
$16.42
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS3

Old 03-09-2010, 07:46 PM   #1
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2007
Send a message via AIM to caliblue15 Send a message via MSN to caliblue15 Send a message via Yahoo to caliblue15
Default Rock Band 3 - Megathread

Rock Band 3

Official Website:http://www.rockband.com

Publisher: Electronic Arts
Developer: Harmonix
Platforms: All
ESRB Rating: Teen
Genre: Music
Players: 1-7
Release Date: October 26, 2010
PSN or Disc: Disc
Trophies: Yes

Description:

Rock Band 3 is the third main release in the iconic video game series that challenges gamers to live out their Rock & Roll fantasies together in a band situation, both locally and online. The game features an ever expanding song list from every era of Rock & Roll history, easy to pick up yet challenging addictive Note Highway gameplay, compatibility with earlier releases in the series and all platform-specific instrument controllers including most Guitar Hero controllers, extreme in-game character and band customization, and a slew of new features. These new features include: new setlist search functionality, the addition of 3-part harmonies and a keyboard peripheral and expanded play modes, including the advanced Pro Mode.
Rock Band 3 game logo

The Most Music. Period

The Rock Band 3 disc soundtrack contains 83 tracks by the best bands from around the world, including bands that have never appeared in a music game, as well as support for existing Rock Band tracks (Rock Band and Rock Band 2 discs, downloaded songs, track packs, AC/DC Live: Rock Band Track Pack, LEGO Rock Band and Green Day: Rock Band). Additionally, Rock Band 3 gives players immediate access to a music library approaching 2,000 songs by launch, with new content added regularly. With a selection like this, it is clear that Rock Band's gigantic music selection dwarfs that of any other music game on the market. The full track list includes:

* Amy Winehouse, "Rehab"
* Anthrax, "Caught in a Mosh"
* At the Drive-in, "One Armed Scissor"
* Avenged Sevenfold, "The Beast & the Harlot"
* Beach Boys, "Good Vibrations (Live)"
* Big Country, "In a Big Country"
* Blondie, "Heart of Glass"
* Bob Marley, "Get Up, Stand Up"
* Chicago, "25 or 6 to 4"
* David Bowie, "Space Oddity"
* Deep Purple, "Smoke on the Water"
* Def Leppard, "Foolin'"
* Devo, "Whip It"
* Dio, "Rainbow in the Dark"
* Dire Straits, "Walk of Life"
* Doobie Brothers, "China Grove"
* Dover, "King George"
* Echo & the Bunnymen, "The Killing Moon"
* Elton John, "Saturday Night's Alright for Fighting"
* Faith No More, "Midlife Crisis"
* Filter, "Hey Man, Nice Shot"
* Foreigner, "Cold As Ice"
* Golden Earring, "Radar Love"
* HIM (His Infernal Majesty), "Killing Loneliness"
* Huey Lewis and the News, "The Power of Love"
* Hypernova, "Viva La Resistance"
* Ida Maria, "Oh My God"
* INXS, "Need You Tonight"
* J. Geils Band, "Centerfold"
* James Brown, "I Got You" (I Feel Good)
* Jane's Addiction, "Been Caught Stealing"
* Joan Jett, "I Love Rock N' Roll"
* John Lennon, "Imagine"
* Juanes, "Me Enamora"
* Lynyrd Skynyrd, "Free Bird"
* Manà, "Oye MI Amor"
* Marilyn Manson, "The Beautiful People"
* Metric, "Combat Baby"
* Night Ranger, "Sister Christian"
* Ozzy Osbourne, "Crazy Train"
* Paramore, "Misery Business"
* Phish, "Llama"
* Phoenix, "Lasso"
* Poni Hoax, "Antibodies"
* Pretty Girls Make Graves, "Something Bigger, Something Brighter"
* Primus, "Jerry Was a Racecar Driver"
* Queen, "Bohemian Rhapsody"
* Queens of the Stone Age, "No One Knows"
* Rammstein, "Du Hast"
* Ramones, "I Wanna Be Sedated"
* Rilo Kiley, "Portions for Foxes"
* Riverboat Gamblers, "Don't Bury Me...I'm Still Not Dead"
* Roxette, "The Look"
* Slipknot, "Before I Forget"
* Smash Mouth, "Walkin' On The Sun"
* Spacehog, "In the Meantime"
* Steve Miller Band, "Fly Like an Eagle"
* Stone Temple Pilots, "Plush"
* Swingin' Utters, "This Bastard's Life"
* T. Rex, "20th Century Boy"
* Tears for Fears, "Everybody Wants to Rule the World"
* Tegan & Sara, "The Con"
* The B-52's, "Rock Lobster"
* The Bronx, "False Alarm"
* The Cure, "Just Like Heaven"
* The Doors, "Break on Through (To the Other Side)"
* The Flaming Lips, "Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots Pt. 1"
* The Jimi Hendrix Experience, "Crosstown Traffic"
* The Muffs, "Outer Space"
* The Police, "Don't Stand So Close to Me"
* The Ravonettes, "Last Dance"
* The Smiths, "Stop Me if You Think You've Heard This One Before"
* The Sounds, "Living in America"
* The Vines, "Get Free"
* The White Stripes, "The Hardest Button to Button"
* The Who, "I Can See for Miles"
* Them Crooked Vultures, "Dead End Friends"
* Tokio Hotel, "Humanoid"
* Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, "I Need to Know"
* War, "Low Rider"
* Warren Zevon, "Werewolves of London"
* Whitesnake, "Here I Go Again"
* Yes, "Roundabout"

Downloadable content, over 2,000 songs available:

List of Harmonix charted DLC
List of externally-charted RBN DLCUpcoming songs (Bon Jovi 12-pack is coming early November)

Redesigned Music Library

Rock Band 3 allows players to create and save setlists and share them with friends, both in-game and through RockBand.com. In addition, new song filters make it easier to find the types of songs fans want to play and hide the songs they don't, while a built-in song recommendation system will suggest tracks from Rock Band's colossal music library, based on personal fan preference.
Expand the Band

In addition to guitar, bass, drums and solo vocals, Rock Band 3 adds three-part vocal harmony functionality that was introduced with The Beatles: Rock Band and, for the first time ever, a keyboard peripheral to the band. The combination of all these possibilities means that up to seven players can rock together in Rock Band 3 for the ultimate social gaming experience.
Go Pro: Take Your Passion to the Next Level

Rock Band 3 empowers players to develop actual musical skills through the fun of fully scalable Rock Band Pro gameplay. Fans can dive in on the Easy setting to try out basic skills and work their way up to Expert for real mastery. Pro Drums supports three expansion cymbals, with gameplay differentiation between toms and cymbals. Pro Keys (Keyboard) features pitch-accurate keyboard performance across a two-octave range, displayed on an easy-to-read keyboard track. Pro Guitar features noted guitar and bass performances, available for play with either the new Fender Mustang PRO-Guitar simulated guitar controller from Mad Catz, or the Rock Band 3 Squier by Fender Stratocaster guitar controller that is a real guitar/controller hybrid. The Rock Band 3 Squier Stratocaster is a fully functional, full-sized, six-string electric guitar that also functions as a game controller.

New Gameplay Modes

For the casual player, Rock Band 3 has great new party modes that allow fans to get rocking with friends quicker than ever, including party shuffle and persistent drop-in/dropout and difficulty selection from any gameplay screen. For the serious player, the revamped Career Mode features 700+ goals and rewards and seamless leaderboard integration for an endlessly deep campaign experience. Rock Band 3 also adds a suite of social networking tools to the game so fans can engage friends and fellow rockers over Facebook, Twitter and more. Whether players want to jump in for a quick song or take their band to the top, Rock Band 3 has a mode for everyone.

Product Description

Rock Band 3 is the next generation of the ultimate social and interactive music gaming platform developed by the category’s leading pioneers, Harmonix Music Systems. Featuring innovative game modes and instruments, Rock Band 3 will change the way fans think about and play music games.

Features:

* RB3 has great new party modes for quick rocking sessions with friends, as well as a whole new universe of challenges including a revamped Career Mode and 700+ goals and rewards
* Game track list contains over 80 of the best bands from around the world, including bands that have never appeared in a music game, and support for existing Rock Band tracks
* Create and save set lists, and share them with your friends online and enjoy improved song sorting makes it easier to find the songs you like
* Expand the band with the optional keyboard peripheral and 3-part vocals harmonies, together allowing support for up to 7 players
* Take your passion for music to the next level with Rock Band Pro functionality that lets you develop real musical instrument skills through gameplay

Screenshots:

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

Another Rock Band?! Isn't this the twelfth Rock Band this year? Why should I care about this?

Harmonix is introducing many changes and improvements to the Rock Band platform with RB3. First and foremost is the new keyboard peripheral – rock's awkward fifth wheel is now available to be played alongside the guitar, drums and vocals. Madcatz – who has taken over the hardware reigns from MTV Games, who wouldn't know reliability if it smacked them upside the head – has designed and manufactured a two-octave, 25-key keyboard that'll let you essentially play the keys note-for-note on pro expert keys. Harmonies from Demiurge's magnum opus Green Day: Rock Band have also been brought over to Rock Band 3, so you can have a seven player band consisting of a guitarist, keyboardist, drummer and three vocalists.

Hahaha learn how to play a real guitar you stupid loser!

Oh yeah, Harmonix has also introduced Pro Mode to Rock Band 3, bringing not only cymbal support to every non-RBN song in existence – yes, including that mediocre cover of War Pigs you bought three years ago – but also letting consumers play, note for note, the actual guitar parts with an actual guitar. Well, not quite an actual guitar, at least not yet; there's a Madcatz Mustang pro guitar controller that has 109 buttons on the neck, but it costs $150, seems kinda shitty and might release next week or next month, we don't really know. There's also a Squier Stratocaster – which, y'know, is an actual guitar with actual strings – releasing sometime next year for >$250. Visit the Wikipedia link for all the technical details, I'm not a Fender viral marketer.

With the addition of pro guitar, keys and harmonies to DLC, will the DLC prices raise?

Regular Rock Band 3 DLC includes harmonies, keys and pro keys for the same price: $2. However, select songs will have a pro guitar and bass component available for an additional $1. Btw, RB3 DLC won't be compatible with Rock Band 1, 2, and Lego, so if you buy Bon Jovi's Runaway in a few weeks and it doesn't work with your years-old game don't say I didn't warn you!

I won't buy this game until MY FAVORITE ALBUM is available.

http://www.rockband.com/request

Will older DLC be updated for keys and harmonies?

Unknown

Rock Band 2 Export Info:

AC/DC, Metallica, Journey, Soundgarden and Red Hot Chili Peppers don't transfer, as well as the nine Harmonix band-supplied bonus songs don't export either.

PS3 Export from Rock Band 2

How To Export Rock Band 2 to Rock Band 3 (PS3 Version)
So you've got your mitts on a copy of Rock Band 3 and want to consolidate your library. Well, it couldn't be easier. Follow the steps below to export your Rock Band 2 tracks to Rock Band 3 on the PS3.

Step 1: VIsit http://www.rockband.com/ps3-export
Step 2: When prompted, enter the code from the back of your Rock Band 2 manual.
Step 3: Copy down the new token the site gives you.
Step 4: Pop in your copy of Rock Band 3 and select “Get More Songs” from the Main Menu.
Step 5: Select “Redeem Code” and enter that new token you copied down from the website.*
Step 6: Enjoy!

**If you've misplaced your original RB2 manual and received a replacement code from Electronic Arts, skip directly to Step 4.**

Just remember, export costs about $10!

GameStop 3 bonus songs code
Currently not working for PS3 as I type this. I am concerned because the receipt indicates the code expires on 10/26/10, so they'd better hurry up and fix it.

Preorder Unlocks:

Amazon - BLUE-ORANGE-ORANGE-BLUE-ORANGE-ORANGE-BLUE-BLUE

Best Buy - Orange-Blue-Orange-Orange-Blue-Blue-Orange-Blue

Reviews:

Joystiq.com – 5 out of 5
“Rock Band 3 is the greatest rhythm game ever made, and quite possibly the only rhythm game you need to own…”

G4TV - 5 out of 5
“The best music video game I’ve ever played. While no game can be all things to all people, Rock Band 3 comes close. It is both a great party game and an entirely hardcore music game experience.”

Destructoid.com - 9.5 out of 10
“With its new additions and ingenious interface tweaks, Rock Band 3 is undeniably the finest and most refined music game the market has ever seen.”

UK’s Xbox World- 9.5 out of 10
"Rock Band 3 is as close to perfection as any game is ever likely to get. It's the definitive rhythm-action title of choice: a platform for music gaming so far ahead of the competition it's not even fair."

Official XBOX Magazine - 9.5 out of 10
"Keyboard is a fantastic addition"

Game Informer – 9.25 out of 10
"The new pro-guitar system is remarkable."

@Gamer - 4.5 out of 5
“An amazing achievement for the series, and the music genre as a whole.”

PlayStation: The Official Magazine - 9 out of 10
“Rock Band 3’s greatest achievement may be that it’s not just another Rock Band game; it’s an ambitious step forward for the genre.”

To kick off downloadable content for Rock Band 3, the legendary band, The Doors, will be the first of several high profile artists featured in the Rock Band Music Store. A three-pack of The Doors’ songs is available for free to fans that purchase Rock Band 3 and play online during the first week of launch (Oct. 26-Nov. 1). The free pack, which is available only through the Rock Band 3 in-game Music Store, includes “Light My Fire,” “Riders on the Storm” and “Touch Me,” and incorporate five-button guitar and bass, Drums, Pro Drums and Keys, Pro Keys and harmonies, where applicable, as well as a free expansion that will add Pro Guitar and Pro Bass parts.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Playstation MVP - http://us.playstation.com/ambassador...nd-conditions/

Kansas State Wildcats - Rebuilding
Kansas City Chiefs - 8-0
Kansas City Royals- A Winning Season!

Last edited by caliblue15; 10-27-2010 at 06:41 PM.
Old 03-09-2010, 07:49 PM   #2
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2008
St. Louis

nice, cant wait to see what they do with it this time around!
OLD PSN ID: ANEWHOPE182
NEW PSN ID: gbj84314

Words of Wisdom:
"knifing your girlfriend and then sicking dogs on her is not the way to get laid"-forum member Xerios
Old 03-09-2010, 08:15 PM   #3
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2007
Round Rock, TX

Woo Hoo!
Chet

BD 3D: This ain't yo momma's 3D!!! ;)
Old 03-09-2010, 08:18 PM   #4
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2008
Isla Nublar

Awesome
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Anybody hear that? It's a, um... It's an impact tremor, that's what it is... I'm fairly alarmed here.
Old 03-09-2010, 08:27 PM   #5
Blu-ray Champion

May 2008
Isla Nublar

I'm interested to see what they do with the game, because I know sales of rhythm games have gone down the toilet in the last year or so (which isn't necessarily unexpected, considering most people have the instruments now and just buy the game disc).

I know I don't really play the games much anymore. I randomly loaded up Lego Rock Band last week, and that was the first time I played any RB games since Christmas... which was the first time since probably October... which was the first time since the summer.

I haven't purchased any DLC in months.

The whole genre just seems stale, but if Harmonix can do something to give it a new boost, I'm interested to see what it is.
I don't make monkeys, I just train 'em.
If you're interested, there might be a Donkey Kong kill screen in a couple minutes.
"I have priorities other than blurays." -- some guy that bought movies at Target at 8am, on release day

Don't even think about quoting me
Old 03-09-2010, 08:38 PM   #6
Special Member

Mar 2008
Milwaukee, WI

Save for adding a keyboard peripheral (which I don't doubt is only a matter of time), how else could they innovate?
Can you survive.....The Night of The Sharksquatch?!?!?

Like the Sharksquatch on facebook...
Old 03-09-2010, 08:41 PM   #7
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2007

Between the 360 favoritism and the ridiculousness that was Rock Band Unplugged for the PSP-Go, this would have to be a phenomenal game for me to even think about it.

Harmonix lost a lot of the respect I had for them over the last year or so. I used to buy up everything from them I could get my hands on, and lately I just...don't.
Old 03-09-2010, 08:49 PM   #8
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2008
St. Louis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terjyn View Post
Between the 360 favoritism and the ridiculousness that was Rock Band Unplugged for the PSP-Go, this would have to be a phenomenal game for me to even think about it.

Harmonix lost a lot of the respect I had for them over the last year or so. I used to buy up everything from them I could get my hands on, and lately I just...don't.
what 360 favoritism?
OLD PSN ID: ANEWHOPE182
NEW PSN ID: gbj84314

Words of Wisdom:
"knifing your girlfriend and then sicking dogs on her is not the way to get laid"-forum member Xerios
Old 03-09-2010, 09:06 PM   #9
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by jono_0101 View Post
what 360 favoritism?
The last few releases have been timed exclusives.

The Rock Band Network is 360 only, and "select songs" will be given to PS3/Wii. But only eventually.
Old 03-09-2010, 09:10 PM   #10
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2007
Send a message via AIM to caliblue15 Send a message via MSN to caliblue15 Send a message via Yahoo to caliblue15

Quote:
The last few releases have been timed exclusives.

The Rock Band Network is 360 only, and "select songs" will be given to PS3/Wii. But only eventually.
RBN is Xbox 360 exclusive because of the XNA, which can be done on any computer and 360. PS3 does not have developer tools like that.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Playstation MVP - http://us.playstation.com/ambassador...nd-conditions/

Kansas State Wildcats - Rebuilding
Kansas City Chiefs - 8-0
Kansas City Royals- A Winning Season!
Old 03-09-2010, 09:11 PM   #11

Oct 2009

Quote:
i'm assuming that's because it's built on xna.

regardless, a dumb reason to skip out on rb3.

also i dont remember any timed exclusives outside of that one beatles song. then again i havent been paying much attention to rock band lately.
Old 03-09-2010, 09:26 PM   #12
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicboom View Post
i'm assuming that's because it's built on xna.

also i dont remember any timed exclusives outside of that one beatles song. then again i havent been paying much attention to rock band lately.

The game RB2 was a 360 timed exclusive, "All You Need Is Love" was an exclusive, and you still can't get the Who's Superbowl Smashup on the PS3. The stage kit and several of the higher end peripherals are 360 only. While RB Network is 360 only due to the technology, the songs used are timed exclusive.

Also, a Lady Gaga 4-pack and Cartman's "Pokerface" was announced today for all systems.
Panasonic PT-AE3000U : Yamaha RX-V863 : Infinity Beta 50 x 2 : Infinity Beta 360 : DefinitiveTech ProCinema 600 x4 : Infinity SW-12 : DefinitiveTech ProSub 600 : 80GB PS3 : 42" Vizio 1080p 120hz LCD : 119" Da-Lite Screen
Old 03-09-2010, 09:31 PM   #13
Power Member

Apr 2009
California

Hopefully Lady Gaga or anything of that caliber is not included in the main set.
Old 03-09-2010, 09:33 PM   #14
Power Member

Apr 2009
California

Quote:
Originally Posted by jono_0101 View Post
what 360 favoritism?
Are you serious? Just look on their messageboards. The PS3 negligence is clear as day.
Old 03-09-2010, 09:35 PM   #15
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2009
Missouri PSN: TLOWNESU

I might have to get this on the 360 because I'm not paying 200 bucks again just to have it on another system
TL OWNS U's Trophy Card TLOU's Small Game Sale and Trade Shop

ST. LOUIS CARDINALS 2011 WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS
Old 03-09-2010, 09:35 PM   #16
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2009
Missouri PSN: TLOWNESU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Another_Dude View Post
\Cartman's "Pokerface" was announced today for all systems.
That is AWESOME
TL OWNS U's Trophy Card TLOU's Small Game Sale and Trade Shop

ST. LOUIS CARDINALS 2011 WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS
Old 03-09-2010, 09:41 PM   #17
Blu-ray Knight

May 2007
I move around a lot.

I never played Rock Band as a "game" - it was always family entertainment or something fun to play with friends over some drinks. Rock Band 1 is still good enough for me (we never were able to get RB2 to sync up pic with sound).

Adding cymbals wasn't a selling point for me.

If only they would add the Rock Band Triangle! I would be all over that!
75" Sony XBR75X940E 4k/HDR TV, 65" Samsung 4K/3D TV: Player Samsung 4k, Receiver - Onkyo TX NR737, Speakers - Definitive Technology 8040 series: PS3/4 PSN ID - CYMBOL
Old 03-09-2010, 11:12 PM   #18
Blu-ray Baron

May 2009
Fujiwara Tofu Shop

That is great news. Hopefully we'll see some newcomers in the series like The Doors and (hopefully ) Led Zeppelin.
My Top 5 Movies of 2017: Dunkirk | Blade Runner 2049 | Logan | Baby Driver | Your Name (Kimi no Nawa)

My Current Avatar: Rei Ayanami from Neon Genesis Evangelion

A lot of people ask me where I get my username from... you're welcome.
PSN ID: kotsedriver
Old 03-09-2010, 11:20 PM   #19
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2008
Isla Nublar

We need a game with Metallica.......oh wait.
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Anybody hear that? It's a, um... It's an impact tremor, that's what it is... I'm fairly alarmed here.
Old 03-09-2010, 11:28 PM   #20
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by caliblue15
RBN is Xbox 360 exclusive because of the XNA, which can be done on any computer and 360. PS3 does not have developer tools like that.
Yeah, because it's completely and utterly impossible to come up with a different solution that actually does work on PS3, or Wii for that matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicboom View Post
Who do you think you are to call my reason dumb?

I like a lot of the artists in the RBN, and if they come to the version I have, it'll be a long time away.

Glad to see that some people can be crapped on and not care though.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS3