Best Blu-ray Deals

Black Friday Sale is Live, From $3.99 »
Now: The Smurfs $3.96 (99% sold out)
Now: The Wolf of Wall Street $6.00 (87% sold out)
Now: Angry Birds Toons: Season One … $3.96 (85% sold out)
Soon: Heaven Is for Real ()
Soon: Man of Steel ()

Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Godzilla (Blu-ray)
$7.99
4 hrs ago
The King's Speech (Blu-ray)
$3.99
3 hrs ago
The LEGO Movie (Blu-ray)
$8.99
3 hrs ago
You're Next (Blu-ray)
$5.99
1 hr ago
Killing Them Softly (Blu-ray)
$3.99
15 hrs ago
American Hustle (Blu-ray)
$6.00

Gangs of New York (Blu-ray)
$3.99
7 hrs ago
Casablanca (Blu-ray)
$5.99
6 hrs ago
Breaking Bad: The Final Season (Blu-ray)
$9.99
21 hrs ago
The Good, the Bad and the Ugly (Blu-ray)
$4.99
18 hrs ago
Good Will Hunting (Blu-ray)
$3.99

The Sandlot (Blu-ray)
$4.99
8 hrs ago
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug (Blu-ray)
$9.00

Mirror Mirror (Blu-ray)
$4.99
4 hrs ago

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Home Theater > Home Theater Galleries

Old 03-30-2010, 12:50 AM   #41
Blu-ray Baron

Aug 2009
Tampa, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanMF View Post
My thread has been rather formal and to the point lately. I've just gone to other's threads and polluted them.

So when's the eta of the projector and screen?
lol...that's true, you have been good in your thread. But you let loose in everyone else's!!!

Not sure about ETA yet. Now that I have the check in hand, I don't mind dropping the purchases on my card. I will try to at least order the projector, HDMI cable, and HDMI signal booster either tomorrow or Wednesday. The screen will take a little more time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor2010 View Post
Great idea! I can't wait to see that Panasonic in there. I wonder what type of screen you are getting, I know you're going for 16:9, but are you picking a white or grey screen? Motorized, Framed or pulldown.
I'd love to have a gray screen, fixed, 2.35:1 screen. Unfortunately, given the space I've got to work with, it will end up being a retractable white screen 16x9 right now. Likely a pulldown at the moment, but we'll see.

I wish I could dedicate a room to it, but it has to go into my living room. So it's got to work with my existing living room arrangement, which means retractable screen over LCD. Not the most ideal, but it will do for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erict View Post
Paul, what surrounds are you thinking of? Also that's the drawback of an influx of cash when trying to decide what you want and what you really want
No clue on the surrounds. I was really leaning towards eD custom bi-poles or something, but then I soured on them because of the center. But now that time has passed and wounds have healed, I'm back to thinking about going with eD for the surrounds. What do you think?
Display: 52" Sony KDL-52W4100
Blu-ray | Gaming: Oppo BDP-83 | "Fat" PS3 | Xbox360 Pro
Mains: Elemental Designs A6-6T6
Center: CUSTOM eD A6-6T6-MTM
Side and Rear Surrounds: Sony SS-B1000
Subs: DUAL eD A2-300's
Receiver | Amps: Pioneer Elite SC-25 | Emotiva XPA-2 + XPA-5
Join me in my HT thread HERE
Old 03-30-2010, 12:51 AM   #42
Blu-ray Baron

Aug 2009
Tampa, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyBLUE View Post
The Invasion Has begun , Another place to hang out & of course talk about Paul's setup
In the next day or two I've got to dig up some old pics and get them uploaded into the OP. Maybe some real blasts from the past there.
Old 03-30-2010, 12:56 AM   #43
Blu-ray Baron

Apr 2009
In the country

Quote:
Originally Posted by progers13 View Post
lol...that's true, you have been good in your thread. But you let loose in everyone else's!!!

Not sure about ETA yet. Now that I have the check in hand, I don't mind dropping the purchases on my card. I will try to at least order the projector, HDMI cable, and HDMI signal booster either tomorrow or Wednesday. The screen will take a little more time.

I'd love to have a gray screen, fixed, 2.35:1 screen. Unfortunately, given the space I've got to work with, it will end up being a retractable white screen 16x9 right now. Likely a pulldown at the moment, but we'll see.

I wish I could dedicate a room to it, but it has to go into my living room. So it's got to work with my existing living room arrangement, which means retractable screen over LCD. Not the most ideal, but it will do for now.

No clue on the surrounds. I was really leaning towards eD custom bi-poles or something, but then I soured on them because of the center. But now that time has passed and wounds have healed, I'm back to thinking about going with eD for the surrounds. What do you think?
The eD bi-poles sound interesting as I didn't know they made them, is this custom? One good thing with surround is your options are not limited to having them match the fronts so this gives you more options. But I do like bi-poles and that is why I am keeping my Energy C-R100's for now.
Equipment......Tube tv and Bose speakers.....gotta love it
Old 03-30-2010, 01:03 AM   #44
Blu-ray Baron

Aug 2009
Tampa, FL

Quote:
The eD bi-poles sound interesting as I didn't know they made them, is this custom? One good thing with surround is your options are not limited to having them match the fronts so this gives you more options. But I do like bi-poles and that is why I am keeping my Energy C-R100's for now.
I haven't consulted with them about it yet, but I'm sure they would be willing to put something together. DK actually suggested it to me a while back, and I know that eD will make just about anything you ask them to. I'm sure we could come up with something. But that's a little longer-term goal (late summer maybe). Right now I'm really focusing on the projector and receiver.

Uh oh...I may have to be careful. GF has been bugging me about the projector. Isn't she supposed to be against it? She defies all WAF /GFAF logic. What if she actually likes it???? Does that mean she'll be wanting to move in next????????
Old 03-30-2010, 01:05 AM   #45

Aug 2008
Pacific Northwest

Quote:
I haven't consulted with them about it yet, but I'm sure they would be willing to put something together. DK actually suggested it to me a while back, and I know that eD will make just about anything you ask them to. I'm sure we could come up with something. But that's a little longer-term goal (late summer maybe). Right now I'm really focusing on the projector and receiver.

Uh oh...I may have to be careful. GF has been bugging me about the projector. Isn't she supposed to be against it? She defies all WAF /GFAF logic. What if she actually likes it???? Does that mean she'll be wanting to move in next????????
now you might have something to worry about
Brent

A Projector and Sound System with a Blu-ray ~ Priceless.........
Old 03-30-2010, 01:06 AM   #46
Blu-ray Baron

Aug 2009
Tampa, FL

Quote:
now you might have something to worry about
Geez....great....I knew it wouldn't last...
Old 03-30-2010, 01:07 AM   #47
Blu-ray Baron

Apr 2009
In the country

[QUOTE=progers13;3090155]I haven't consulted with them about it yet, but I'm sure they would be willing to put something together. DK actually suggested it to me a while back, and I know that eD will make just about anything you ask them to. I'm sure we could come up with something. But that's a little longer-term goal (late summer maybe). Right now I'm really focusing on the projector and receiver.

Uh oh...I may have to be careful. GF has been bugging me about the projector. Isn't she supposed to be against it? She defies all WAF /GFAF logic. What if she actually likes it???? Does that mean she'll be wanting to move in next???????? [/QUOTE]

Don't they all love to spend our money when dating. She is just building her net worth in HT gear before you get married To be serious I think that is cool that she enjoys it as much as you do..........now I wish my wife enjoyed it.
Old 03-30-2010, 01:09 AM   #48
Blu-ray Baron

Aug 2009
Tampa, FL

[QUOTE=erict;3090171]
Quote:

Uh oh...I may have to be careful. GF has been bugging me about the projector. Isn't she supposed to be against it? She defies all WAF /GFAF logic. What if she actually likes it???? Does that mean she'll be wanting to move in next???????? [/QUOTE]

Don't they all love to spend our money when dating. She is just building her net worth in HT gear before you get married
LOL...yeah, so it seems. She's really been on me about that projector. Ever since I made the mistake of showing her GeologyNut's screen shots.

Thank GOD I didn't show her rded's sapphire blues, or I'd really be up shit creek.
Old 03-30-2010, 01:10 AM   #49

Aug 2008
Pacific Northwest

[QUOTE=erict;3090171]
Quote:

[QOUTE]
Don't they all love to spend our money when dating. She is just building her net worth in HT gear before you get married To be serious i think that is cool that she enjoys it as much as you do..........now I wish my wife enjoyed it.
Brent

Old 03-30-2010, 01:15 AM   #50
Blu-ray Baron

Apr 2009
In the country

[QUOTE=progers13;3090177]
Quote:

LOL...yeah, so it seems. She's really been on me about that projector. Ever since I made the mistake of showing her GeologyNut's screen shots.

Thank GOD I didn't show her rded's sapphire blues, or I'd really be up shit creek.
Well, if you really want to find out how much she loves you you can tell her you are thinking of downsizing to this...................

54454.jpg
Old 03-30-2010, 01:22 AM   #51

Aug 2008
Pacific Northwest

[QUOTE=erict;3090198]
Quote:

Well, if you really want to find out how much she loves you you can tell her you are thinking of downsizing to this...................

Attachment 16674

Brent

Old 03-30-2010, 01:31 AM   #52
Expert Member

Feb 2010
San Diego, CA

Quote:
Come on in, buddy. This is for all of us.

But I'm not going to the movies anytime soon. Don't get me started on that one...

Quick...hide before he sees us!

Edit: Too late...

Wait...if we don't move, maybe he can't see us...

Fine! I'll just go and watch the incredible hulk W/O a sub...humph! But seriously, I'm gonna watch it without my sub and then rent it again when the thing arrives....but now back to progers and his ultra cool HT!
Mains: Elemental Designs A6-6T6 MTM's
Center Channel: Elemental Designs A6-6T6 MTM S
EQ: Elemental Designs eQ.2
Subwoofer: Elemental Designs A3s-250 & A3-250
Receiver: Denon AVR 2803
Blu-Ray Player: Pioneer BDP 320
Monitor: NEC MultiSync Ea231wmi 23" IPS LCD
Home of the EXPLOSION!!!!
Old 03-30-2010, 01:46 AM   #53
Blu-ray Baron

Aug 2009
Tampa, FL

[QUOTE=erict;3090198]
Quote:

Attachment 16674
LOL!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by duder1234 View Post

Fine! I'll just go and watch the incredible hulk W/O a sub...humph! But seriously, I'm gonna watch it without my sub and then rent it again when the thing arrives....but now back to progers and his ultra cool HT!
I've been putting off watching that one until the projector is setup. I can't wait to try out that gun cannon scene again. People are convinced it will bottom out my subs, but it didn't when I watched it before. So we'll see.
Old 03-30-2010, 02:03 AM   #54
Blu-ray Ninja

Nov 2007
Arkansas

Quote:
Don't be fooled by their dating tactics, as soon as you get married, it will change..........
Projector|Screen|: JVC RS40 3D, SeymourAV 126" 2.37 Acoustically Transparent screen, ISCO II Anamorphic lens
Processor|Amps:Marantz AV7005, Parsound Halo A21 (2), Parasound Halo A23 (2), SVS AS-EQ1
Sources:PS3 Slim, Oppo BDP-103D, Dish 722Vip, Appletv
Speakers|Subs:Paradigm Studio 100, CC-690, ADP 470, Servo 15, Seaton Sound Submersive
Power|Cables:PS Audio Duet, Monster HTS-5100, Analysis Plus Solo Crystal Cabling
Old 03-30-2010, 02:03 AM   #55
Blu-ray Champion

May 2008
Washington, DC Metro

[QUOTE=erict;3090198]
Quote:

Attachment 16674
Or this...

Which I actually have in my kitchen. All 13 inches...
Panasonic TC-P65VT30
Onkyo Pro PR-SC5508P | M2Tech Young DAC | Emotiva XPA-1 (x3), XPA-2
Oppo BDP-93 | DirecTV HR23-700 HD-DVR
Sony Playstation 3 | Nintendo Wii | Apple TV 2, Mac Mini (iTunes Server), iPad
B&W 804S, HTM3S, CWM DS8S | SVS PB12-NSD | Denon AH-D2000 Headphones
Tripp Lite HT1210ISOCTR Power Conditioner, SMART1000LCD UPS System
My flickr account | My Five Year HT Upgrade Plan
Next Upgrade: Cables
Old 03-30-2010, 02:07 AM   #56
Blu-ray Baron

Apr 2009
In the country

[QUOTE=Hammie;3090370]
Quote:

Or this...

Which I actually have in my kitchen. All 13 inches...
I have one that is 13" as well but it's measured to the left not diagonally
Old 03-30-2010, 02:12 AM   #57

Aug 2008
Pacific Northwest

You Guys are Killing Me here
Brent

Old 03-30-2010, 02:23 AM   #58
Blu-ray Baron

Apr 2009
In the country

Quote:
You Guys are Killing Me here
Just trying to spice up Paul's thread for the morning crowd tomorrow We need to give John some reading material that the night shift provides
Old 03-30-2010, 02:38 AM   #59
Blu-ray Baron

Apr 2009
In the country

Hey Paul, where did you go?? Are you spending quality time with the wife I mean GF
Old 03-30-2010, 02:45 AM   #60
Blu-ray Baron

Apr 2007
Iowa

[QUOTE=erict;3090383]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammie View Post

I have one that is 13" as well but it's measured to the left not diagonally
I gave mine to my cousin's son about 3 weeks ago.

Paul the new bedroom arrangement is done. Bedroom gallery updated. Now time to clean up the living room so I can watch a movie on the projector setup.

Sony: KDL70W850B 70-Inch 1080p 120Hz 3D Smart LED TV
Sony: HT-CT150 3.1 Sound Bar
Drobo FS NAS: 20 terabytes
Synology 213J NAS: 6 terabytes
13" MacBook Air
iPhone 6 Plus
iPad Retina Mini
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Home Theater > Home Theater Galleries