Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Mad Men: The Final Season, Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Woodstock: 3 Days of Peace & Music (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Hannibal: Season Two (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Strain: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$34.96
Ghostbusters 1 & 2 (Blu-ray)
$15.96
Kundo (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Attack on Titan Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Chucky: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$31.99
Masterpiece: Downton Abbey Seasons 1 - 4 (Blu-ray)
$44.99
Neighbors (Blu-ray)
$16.99
Dragon Ball Z: Season 7 (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Dragon Ball Z: Season 6 (Blu-ray)
$17.99
The Simpsons: The Seventeenth Season (Blu-ray)
$29.96
The Nutty Professor: 50th Anniversary (Blu-ray)
$28.99
Oblivion (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Game of Thrones - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$34.99
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED
Old 04-08-2010, 10:07 PM   #1
Blu-ray Knight

Jun 2009
The South
Default The Enforcer/Sudden Impact 6/1/2010

Go ahead punk, make my Father's Day!

Old 04-08-2010, 10:24 PM   #2
Expert Member

Jun 2009
Send a message via ICQ to Harlock415 Send a message via AIM to Harlock415 Send a message via Yahoo to Harlock415

Nice, that only leaves The Dead Pool left to come out. Hope they pack that with the documentary in the Ultimate collection. Looks like buying these double features separately works out cheeaper than buying the set.
Old 04-08-2010, 10:27 PM   #3

Aug 2008
Margaritaville, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlock415 View Post
Nice, that only leaves The Dead Pool left to come out. Hope they pack that with the documentary in the Ultimate collection. Looks like buying these double features separately works out cheeaper than buying the set.
I have the first 4 Harrys in SDVD still. Need the Dead Pool. Been debating picking up the collection but these double features are tempitng at the prices. But how will they release Dead Pool?
Favorite films of all time
1. Zodiac 2. Dawn of the Dead (1978) 3. The Good The Bad and The Ugly 4. Blade Runner 5. The Warriors
6. Dark Knight 7. The Godfather 8. Bullitt 9. Experiment in Terror 10. Raiders of the Lost Ark
Old 04-08-2010, 11:27 PM   #4
Blu-ray Knight

Jun 2009
The South

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj Matt B View Post
I have the first 4 Harrys in SDVD still. Need the Dead Pool. Been debating picking up the collection but these double features are tempitng at the prices. But how will they release Dead Pool?
Some people have split it out of the box set. You can get it for around $23 plus shipping at Amazon.
Old 04-30-2010, 03:55 PM   #5

Dec 2008
Near Phila...GO FLYERS!
USA Quality

Are these the same transfers from the original box set? Are they the same quality? I would hope that being cheaper and boxed in a double feature that the picture wouldn't be cheapened.

Anyone have the DH/MF set and is the picture just as good?

Thanks!

Dan
Old 05-28-2010, 03:12 PM   #6
Blu-ray Knight

Jun 2009
The South

Just got it today. 2 disc set, not a flipper.

The Enforcer has commentary by Director James Fargo. 2 featrurettes The Business End:Viloence In The Cinema and Harry Callahan/Clint Eastwood Something Special in Films Dolby True HD

Sudden Impact has commentary by historian/Eastwood biographer Richard Schiickel and the featureette The Evolution of Clint Eastwood Dolby Digital

Haven't watched them yet but there are warnings on the back that the extras may be in SD.
Old 05-28-2010, 03:49 PM   #7
Power Member

Sep 2008
Apple Valley, MN

With the exception of Dirty Harry and Magnum Force, the remainder of the films are on BD-25s. They all have TrueHD 5.1 audio and look pretty good, although I think the first two movies look better than the rest. In any event they are significantly improved over the DVDs.

They all have the grain intact and don't appear to use any DNR. So all of the "double feature" discs are just two BD-25 movies on a single BD-50. I don't see any reason to think that these versions are any different than what I have on the Dirty Harry Boxset version.

These movies are what catalog titles should look like on BD, so rest assured that you will enjoy them.

Last edited by singhcr; 05-28-2010 at 03:52 PM.
Old 05-28-2010, 11:14 PM   #8
Blu-ray Champion

Apr 2008
The Swan Station aDdIcTeD 2 LOST PSN:U5MC51473
Send a message via AIM to sfmarine Send a message via MSN to sfmarine Send a message via Skype™ to sfmarine

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick1ru2 View Post
Just got it today. 2 disc set, not a flipper.
Ya..WB knows better. I just wish Universal would take notice. I like the double features that WB has been putting out. It would have been even better if it was a digi-book but I knew it wouldn't happen, same with Batman Returns.
"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room!" -- President Merkin Muffley/Dr. Strangelove

55" VIZIO 3D Razor LED M3D550KD
Onkyo TX-NR616 7.2/ Pioneer Center SP-C21
Panasonic DMP-BDT210 3D Blu-ray ~ LG BD 370~ PS3 ~ FAT
DIRECTV HR34 Genie
Old 05-29-2010, 05:23 AM   #9
Blu-ray Knight

Jun 2009
The South

Quote:
Originally Posted by singhcr View Post
With the exception of Dirty Harry and Magnum Force, the remainder of the films are on BD-25s. They all have TrueHD 5.1 audio and look pretty good, although I think the first two movies look better than the rest. In any event they are significantly improved over the DVDs.

They all have the grain intact and don't appear to use any DNR. So all of the "double feature" discs are just two BD-25 movies on a single BD-50. I don't see any reason to think that these versions are any different than what I have on the Dirty Harry Boxset version.

These movies are what catalog titles should look like on BD, so rest assured that you will enjoy them.
This is not a flipper. There are 2 discs, 1 with each movie plus the extras I described above. Now maybe the earlier set with all the movies had flippers. This is not that release, this is the release coming out on Tues, shipped early from the WB store.

Only 1 says its True HD on the back as I noted above. The other does not, it says Dolby Digital 5.1
Old 05-29-2010, 05:29 AM   #10
Blu-ray Knight

Jun 2009
The South

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfmarine View Post
Ya..WB knows better. I just wish Universal would take notice. I like the double features that WB has been putting out. It would have been even better if it was a digi-book but I knew it wouldn't happen, same with Batman Returns.
I don't know how much better WB knows with that massive Eastwood box set only available on DVD so far. I have the Dirty Harry Digibook. I think the first 2 were the best of the 5. But I will probably get the 2 I don't have, Dead Pool and Magnum Force, from the UK on my next order since for some reason they have all the individuals available and here they don't. Again WB, whyyyyyyyyyy?
Old 06-06-2010, 05:50 PM   #11
Power Member

Mar 2009
Ohio USA

If I had to guess, I'd say the put The Dead Pool in a Double Feature with The Gauntlet.
LG SuperBlu BH200

SteelBooks™: 141
Old 06-06-2010, 05:53 PM   #12
Blu-ray Knight

Jun 2009
The South

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetthead View Post
If I had to guess, I'd say the put The Dead Pool in a Double Feature with The Gauntlet.
The Gauntlet isn't a Dirty Harry movie. The Dirty Harry movies are:

Dirty Harry
Magnum Force
The Enforcer
Sudden Impact
The Dead Pool

What you suggest would be like putting Dr. No and The Hunt For Red October together.
Old 06-06-2010, 06:28 PM   #13
Power Member

Mar 2009
Ohio USA

Quote:
The Gauntlet isn't a Dirty Harry movie. The Dirty Harry movies are:

Dirty Harry
Magnum Force
The Enforcer
Sudden Impact
The Dead Pool

What you suggest would be like putting Dr. No and The Hunt For Red October together.
Yes I know that but it is an Eastwood movie & WB owns the rights. I don't see them releasing The Dead Pool by itself even though it's the last Dirty Harry movie.

EDIT: And these sets are Action Double Features not necessarily Dirty Harry Double Features so adding a non-Dirty Harry film to The Dead Pool is not so far-fetched.
LG SuperBlu BH200

Last edited by jetthead; 06-06-2010 at 06:40 PM.
Old 06-07-2010, 01:02 AM   #14
Blu-ray Knight

Jun 2009
The South

Quote:
Yes I know that but it is an Eastwood movie & WB owns the rights. I don't see them releasing The Dead Pool by itself even though it's the last Dirty Harry movie.

EDIT: And these sets are Action Double Features not necessarily Dirty Harry Double Features so adding a non-Dirty Harry film to The Dead Pool is not so far-fetched.
They have Dirty Harry on the front with a 44 mag. BTW ALL Clint Eastwood movies for the past 35 years are WB films. Dead Pool is by itself in the UK. The 2 movie set is not. The Dirty Harry movies all have Dirty Harry with a .44 mag on the front cover. The Gauntlet is already on BD and has a much different cover.

Old 06-07-2010, 08:19 PM   #15
Power Member

Mar 2009
Ohio USA

Quote:
They have Dirty Harry on the front with a 44 mag. BTW ALL Clint Eastwood movies for the past 35 years are WB films. Dead Pool is by itself in the UK. The 2 movie set is not. The Dirty Harry movies all have Dirty Harry with a .44 mag on the front cover. The Gauntlet is already on BD and has a much different cover.

[Show spoiler]

Yes yes I know all of that. If they plan on releasing The Dead Pool by itself here, then why didn't they release the other Dirty Harry films separately as they did in the UK? Why have 2 Double Features and then 1 individual release? As you pointed out, both The Dead Pool and The Gauntlet have already had Blu-ray releases so making a Double Feature with both would cost WB nothing other than some new packaging. It's their way of getting some more money out of a stagnant catalog title (how many copies of The Gauntlet do you think are selling these days?).

I'm not saying that it's a sure thing that The Dead Pool will be released in a Double Feature, but it's not as far-fetched as your Dr. No/The Hunt for Red October comparison.
LG SuperBlu BH200

Old 06-08-2010, 02:14 AM   #16
Blu-ray Knight

Jun 2009
The South

Quote:
[/spoiler]

Yes yes I know all of that. If they plan on releasing The Dead Pool by itself here, then why didn't they release the other Dirty Harry films separately as they did in the UK? Why have 2 Double Features and then 1 individual release? As you pointed out, both The Dead Pool and The Gauntlet have already had Blu-ray releases so making a Double Feature with both would cost WB nothing other than some new packaging. It's their way of getting some more money out of a stagnant catalog title (how many copies of The Gauntlet do you think are selling these days?).

I'm not saying that it's a sure thing that The Dead Pool will be released in a Double Feature, but it's not as far-fetched as your Dr. No/The Hunt for Red October comparison.
There are all kinds of BD in the UK that aren't here in the States as well as much lower prices. Who knows what WB is going to do. Here is another Clint Eastwood double feature that just came out. If anything they might do a Dirty Harry/ Dead Pool combo. That would make more sense since Dirty Harry is the one that sells the most, they have at least 3 different offerings of it on BD (alone, digibook and with Magnum Force) and it bookends the series, the first and the last.

Last edited by slick1ru2; 06-08-2010 at 05:38 AM.
Old 06-08-2010, 02:21 AM   #17
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2008
Beautiful Pacific Northwest

I bought the boxed set a long time ago and never looked back--

I love that series (along with most of Eastwood's stuff) and having the
entire series together is the way to go... I think there's a re-release of
the boxed set without some gadgets (police badge, etc) that costs less
so it's even more of a no-brainer to buy them all.
Old 06-08-2010, 02:26 AM   #18
Blu-ray Knight

Jun 2009
The South

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKORIS View Post
I bought the boxed set a long time ago and never looked back--

I love that series (along with most of Eastwood's stuff) and having the
entire series together is the way to go... I think there's a re-release of
the boxed set without some gadgets (police badge, etc) that costs less
so it's even more of a no-brainer to buy them all.
There has been 2 BD sets, one is now around $90, the other around $50. The new set is cheaper. I have the Dirty Harry Digibook and the Combo that this thread is about. I have Magnum Force on DVR in HD and The Dead Pool is available to stream on NetFlix.I will get both probably the next time I do a UK order.
Old 10-22-2010, 07:04 PM   #19
Banned

Aug 2010

I just picked up both of the double-feature Dirty Harry Blu-rays at Best Buy today at "2 for $20" - So I got the first 4 out of the 5 Dirty Harry movies for only $5 each! Sure beats the $109.99 Best Buy is asking for the collector's box set right now, with all 5 movies in it! I'll just get Dead Pool later, whenever I can find it and buy it for under $10...
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America