COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best PS3 Deals

Top PS3 Deals, Cheap PS3 Games!
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Lego Marvel Super Heroes (PS3)
$19.99
South Park: The Stick of Truth (PS3)
$29.99
Mugen Souls Z (PS3)
$29.99
The LEGO Movie Videogame (PS3)
$29.99
Tales of Symphonia Chronicles (PS3)
$19.99
Dark Souls II (PS3)
$29.99
BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma (PS3)
$39.99
Borderlands (PS3)
$17.99
Payday 2 (PS3)
$19.99
Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX (PS3)
$19.96
Dragonball Z: Battle of Z (PS3)
$33.95
007: Legends (PS3)
$15.48
Batman: Arkham Origins (PS3)
$19.75
Borderlands 2 (PS3)
$24.99
Saints Row IV (PS3)
$18.26
Persona 4 Arena Ultimax (PS3)
$59.96
Injustice: Gods Among Us (PS3)
$19.99
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed (PS3)
$19.99
BioShock Ultimate Rapture Edition (PS3)
$19.80
Old 01-24-2012, 05:18 PM   #81
P@t_Mtl P@t_Mtl is online now
Blu-ray Duke
 
P@t_Mtl's Avatar
 
Sep 2008
Montreal
4
458
529
3
Send a message via Yahoo to P@t_Mtl
Default

I manage to completed a few higher type quest by myself but it was not easy and had to try a few times to do them. Most of the ordinary quest are alright to complete solo but some of the high level ones are easier to complete in a group and with some help I find
---------------------------------------------------
My avatar will Wait Until Dark for a Roman Holiday since this world as War & Peace
and it would be fun to actually have Breakfast At Tiffany's with My Fair Lady
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 03:50 PM   #82
RaijinUT RaijinUT is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
RaijinUT's Avatar
 
Mar 2010
Salt Lake City
140
Send a message via AIM to RaijinUT
Default

Started a new Sage and I am hooked on the PVP. Lvl 21 right now and that is about all that I have been doing with this char. lol I need to go knock out my quest so I can get my ship and stuff, but I am loving the pvp with the Sage
"This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there"
A.K.A. Sweet John
PSN: RaijinUT, Xbox Live: I Raijin I, Steam: Raijin, Origin: Raijins, Wii U: Raijinslc
Mr. Beautiful's number 1 groupie and one proud Malamute owner
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 10:44 AM   #83
menaceuk menaceuk is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
menaceuk's Avatar
 
Jul 2010
191
Default

Loving the game. I currently have characters on the Go but my Main is a level 32 sith Marauder. I also have a Level 21 Imperial Sniper and a Level 16 Bounty Hunter Merc.

Spent last night looting in Flashpoints. Did The Black talon & Athiss about dozen times each and still didn't get all I wanted from either. Going to do Mandalorian raiders once the maintenance ends as I want the "Invigorating war Headgear". Not sure If I will be able to do that one solo though
Catch a falling star and put it in your pocket, Never let it Fade away
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 02:54 PM   #84
RaijinUT RaijinUT is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
RaijinUT's Avatar
 
Mar 2010
Salt Lake City
140
Send a message via AIM to RaijinUT
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by menaceuk View Post
Loving the game. I currently have characters on the Go but my Main is a level 32 sith Marauder. I also have a Level 21 Imperial Sniper and a Level 16 Bounty Hunter Merc.

Spent last night looting in Flashpoints. Did The Black talon & Athiss about dozen times each and still didn't get all I wanted from either. Going to do Mandalorian raiders once the maintenance ends as I want the "Invigorating war Headgear". Not sure If I will be able to do that one solo though
You might be able to do Mandalorian solo at 32. I don't remember that one being too painful, but I never solo it.
"This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there"
A.K.A. Sweet John
PSN: RaijinUT, Xbox Live: I Raijin I, Steam: Raijin, Origin: Raijins, Wii U: Raijinslc
Mr. Beautiful's number 1 groupie and one proud Malamute owner
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 06:38 PM   #85
menaceuk menaceuk is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
menaceuk's Avatar
 
Jul 2010
191
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaijinUT View Post
You might be able to do Mandalorian solo at 32. I don't remember that one being too painful, but I never solo it.

Well I couldn't solo it. Just kept dying but not by too much so I think a level 35 could solo it given a little more amour and Endurance .
Catch a falling star and put it in your pocket, Never let it Fade away
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 09:18 PM   #86
doctorD doctorD is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
doctorD's Avatar
 
Jun 2007
Redmond, WA
47
1018
12
1
Default

Man...I'm am trying to figure out why I am still at Social level 0. I am currently level 20 and have been in many groups. From what I understand is you need to communicate while in a group. I've been doing that but still no change. Can anyone shed some light on what I need to do or what I may be doing wrong? Thanks in advance.
Launch PS3 60GB, Launch PS3 Slim 120GB, Launch PS4
Family Room: (TV) Samsung LNT5271; (Receiver) Pioneer Elite VSX-92TXH; (Speakers) Definitive Technology ProCinema 60 5.1 System
New HT Room: (Projector) JVC RS45; (Receiver) Pioneer Elite SC-35; (Front Speakers) Monitor Audio RX6; (Center) RX Centre; (Side Surround Speakers) Monitor Audio RXFX; (Back Speakers) PSB Image B4 Compact Bookshelf; (Subwoofer) SVS PB12-Plus
GO PURPLE...BE GOLD!
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 10:34 PM   #87
Bigdog Bigdog is offline
Special Member
 
Bigdog's Avatar
 
Aug 2007
14
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorD View Post
Man...I'm am trying to figure out why I am still at Social level 0. I am currently level 20 and have been in many groups. From what I understand is you need to communicate while in a group. I've been doing that but still no change. Can anyone shed some light on what I need to do or what I may be doing wrong? Thanks in advance.
You get points when you choose conversation options with what ever quest's you are working on as a group.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 01:05 AM   #88
doctorD doctorD is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
doctorD's Avatar
 
Jun 2007
Redmond, WA
47
1018
12
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdog View Post
You get points when you choose conversation options with what ever quest's you are working on as a group.
So chatting with group members is not the same as what you are indicating. Where do I choose conversation options? Does this mean I need to be the one who invites others to a group? I guess I need to look again.
Launch PS3 60GB, Launch PS3 Slim 120GB, Launch PS4
Family Room: (TV) Samsung LNT5271; (Receiver) Pioneer Elite VSX-92TXH; (Speakers) Definitive Technology ProCinema 60 5.1 System
New HT Room: (Projector) JVC RS45; (Receiver) Pioneer Elite SC-35; (Front Speakers) Monitor Audio RX6; (Center) RX Centre; (Side Surround Speakers) Monitor Audio RXFX; (Back Speakers) PSB Image B4 Compact Bookshelf; (Subwoofer) SVS PB12-Plus
GO PURPLE...BE GOLD!
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 06:59 AM   #89
menaceuk menaceuk is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
menaceuk's Avatar
 
Jul 2010
191
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorD View Post
So chatting with group members is not the same as what you are indicating. Where do I choose conversation options? Does this mean I need to be the one who invites others to a group? I guess I need to look again.

Does it matter ? By that I mean do social points actually offer anything.
Catch a falling star and put it in your pocket, Never let it Fade away
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 09:09 PM   #90
doctorD doctorD is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
doctorD's Avatar
 
Jun 2007
Redmond, WA
47
1018
12
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by menaceuk View Post
Does it matter ? By that I mean do social points actually offer anything.
I would just like to close out the quest instead of abandoning it.
Launch PS3 60GB, Launch PS3 Slim 120GB, Launch PS4
Family Room: (TV) Samsung LNT5271; (Receiver) Pioneer Elite VSX-92TXH; (Speakers) Definitive Technology ProCinema 60 5.1 System
New HT Room: (Projector) JVC RS45; (Receiver) Pioneer Elite SC-35; (Front Speakers) Monitor Audio RX6; (Center) RX Centre; (Side Surround Speakers) Monitor Audio RXFX; (Back Speakers) PSB Image B4 Compact Bookshelf; (Subwoofer) SVS PB12-Plus
GO PURPLE...BE GOLD!
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 02:23 PM   #91
Bigdog Bigdog is offline
Special Member
 
Bigdog's Avatar
 
Aug 2007
14
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorD View Post
So chatting with group members is not the same as what you are indicating. Where do I choose conversation options? Does this mean I need to be the one who invites others to a group? I guess I need to look again.
Like when conversing with a npc during a quest and it goes to a cut scene, those most of the times 3 text options that you get to pick will give the points. Not sure how the points are tallied though as i think it might have something to do with the group being on the same page and picking the same conversation choices.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 06:04 AM   #92
sk33tr sk33tr is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
sk33tr's Avatar
 
Jun 2011
Alabama
18
653
21
6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by menaceuk View Post
Does it matter ? By that I mean do social points actually offer anything.
there are some items in the game that require a social rank above social 1 to obtain.

it's similar to the valor rank, but not as restrictive.

and also similar to light/dark alignment. some lightsabers are forbidden to light 1 and above and some are forbidden to dark 1 and above; as well as some color crystals. red color crystals are forbidden to light 1 and above.



and if you haven't been doing any pvp (this goes for anybody), i'd suggest doing it now before you get to 50.

i've seen quite a few fresh 50s (those that just turned 50 and jumped into pvp for the first time) get their butts kicked and get frustrated at how difficult it is to kill an opposing player, let alone help their team win a match. we had a new guy in our guild who said he wanted to wait till he hit 50 to do pvp and we tole him to start it once he hit about 25 so he'd get a perspective on how it goes because it's just gonna get harder after that.
With all the meteor activity in this system, it's going to be difficult to spot approaching ships.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 08:15 AM   #93
menaceuk menaceuk is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
menaceuk's Avatar
 
Jul 2010
191
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk33tr View Post
there are some items in the game that require a social rank above social 1 to obtain.

it's similar to the valor rank, but not as restrictive.

and also similar to light/dark alignment. some lightsabers are forbidden to light 1 and above and some are forbidden to dark 1 and above; as well as some color crystals. red color crystals are forbidden to light 1 and above.



and if you haven't been doing any pvp (this goes for anybody), i'd suggest doing it now before you get to 50.

i've seen quite a few fresh 50s (those that just turned 50 and jumped into pvp for the first time) get their butts kicked and get frustrated at how difficult it is to kill an opposing player, let alone help their team win a match. we had a new guy in our guild who said he wanted to wait till he hit 50 to do pvp and we tole him to start it once he hit about 25 so he'd get a perspective on how it goes because it's just gonna get harder after that.
So they do offer something. I'll be honest and say I have only been doing Flashpoints/Heroic missions solo(when i can) but in light of this news I might have to try and the group thing.


As for PVP I have done a little bit. I have several characters ( Maurauder, Sniper, Shadow, Merc) and have done PVP with them all except the Shadow( only level 14 thus far) and it has been an experience but the big thing I don't like about PvP is I can't actually choose with Mode to play in.

Hutball sucks IMO. Was fine the first few goes but now I just don't like it but it tends to be the Mode that always comes up. I much Prefer the warzone type mode and the one on the ship .
Catch a falling star and put it in your pocket, Never let it Fade away
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 03:10 PM   #94
RaijinUT RaijinUT is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
RaijinUT's Avatar
 
Mar 2010
Salt Lake City
140
Send a message via AIM to RaijinUT
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by menaceuk View Post
Hutball sucks IMO. Was fine the first few goes but now I just don't like it but it tends to be the Mode that always comes up. I much Prefer the warzone type mode and the one on the ship .
I think the mode sucks too, but you can get some crazy exp if your guy can dish out damage. My Sage usually gets 30+ kills in Hutball and makes for some nice exp and point gains.
"This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there"
A.K.A. Sweet John
PSN: RaijinUT, Xbox Live: I Raijin I, Steam: Raijin, Origin: Raijins, Wii U: Raijinslc
Mr. Beautiful's number 1 groupie and one proud Malamute owner
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 03:32 PM   #95
menaceuk menaceuk is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
menaceuk's Avatar
 
Jul 2010
191
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaijinUT View Post
I think the mode sucks too, but you can get some crazy exp if your guy can dish out damage. My Sage usually gets 30+ kills in Hutball and makes for some nice exp and point gains.
Perhaps but I would get bored after 5 mins. Fun >>>>>>>>>>>Exp

Also my Kinect Shadow owns the Huttball. Very hard to get it back and if you have a decent healer helping you then they won't get it back at all.
Catch a falling star and put it in your pocket, Never let it Fade away
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 04:19 PM   #96
LIONSFAN20 LIONSFAN20 is offline
Expert Member
 
Aug 2008
Default

I am on the fence about this game, I like all the reviews but how in the world can you guys justify paying a monthly subscription to play a game you already paid for. I dont like this idea and can not justify it myself so I have not bought this game yet(although I really want it) It would be better to release "map packs" or "expansion packs" every so often and charge $15 a pop, but a monthly fee??????
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 04:23 PM   #97
menaceuk menaceuk is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
menaceuk's Avatar
 
Jul 2010
191
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIONSFAN20 View Post
I am on the fence about this game, I like all the reviews but how in the world can you guys justify paying a monthly subscription to play a game you already paid for. I dont like this idea and can not justify it myself so I have not bought this game yet(although I really want it) It would be better to release "map packs" or "expansion packs" every so often and charge $15 a pop, but a monthly fee??????
I used to be the same but took the Plunge with SWTOR and to be honest I don't regret it one little bit.
Catch a falling star and put it in your pocket, Never let it Fade away
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 05:22 PM   #98
LIONSFAN20 LIONSFAN20 is offline
Expert Member
 
Aug 2008
Default

Is there any chance this is going to be free to play any time?
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 09:12 PM   #99
doctorD doctorD is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
doctorD's Avatar
 
Jun 2007
Redmond, WA
47
1018
12
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIONSFAN20 View Post
Is there any chance this is going to be free to play any time?
Not anytime soon. There are a lot of subscribers.
Launch PS3 60GB, Launch PS3 Slim 120GB, Launch PS4
Family Room: (TV) Samsung LNT5271; (Receiver) Pioneer Elite VSX-92TXH; (Speakers) Definitive Technology ProCinema 60 5.1 System
New HT Room: (Projector) JVC RS45; (Receiver) Pioneer Elite SC-35; (Front Speakers) Monitor Audio RX6; (Center) RX Centre; (Side Surround Speakers) Monitor Audio RXFX; (Back Speakers) PSB Image B4 Compact Bookshelf; (Subwoofer) SVS PB12-Plus
GO PURPLE...BE GOLD!
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 05:36 PM   #100
menaceuk menaceuk is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
menaceuk's Avatar
 
Jul 2010
191
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorD View Post
Not anytime soon. There are a lot of subscribers.
1.7 million of them last time I saw some numbers.

I myself am taking a little break since my free 30 days is up. In a week, maybe 2 I will get a 60 day card and say good bye to all my free time once again.
Catch a falling star and put it in your pocket, Never let it Fade away
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Gaming General Discussion > PC Gaming

Similar Threads
thread Forum Thread Starter Replies Last Post
Star Wars: The Old Republic Xbox 360-bound? Xbox 360 Wingman1977 9 06-13-2010 05:37 AM
Star Wars Weather Compares Local Weather Conditions to Star Wars Planets Read more: Movies Diesel 25 12-22-2009 06:51 PM
Sign Up for Star Wars: The Old Republic Beta General Chat pmac 7 09-30-2009 10:26 PM
Star Wars: The Old Republic. Cooles Star Wars trailer EVER!! General Chat Steelmaker 71 06-05-2009 07:39 PM
The Old Republic - the first Star Wars MMORPG General Chat tommyboy81 4 10-31-2008 03:45 PM


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:51 AM.