COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Marilyn Monroe: Classic Nine-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$34.99
Snowpiercer (Blu-ray)
$14.96
Ghostbusters Limited Edition Gift Set (Blu-ray)
$79.99
Justice League: War (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Captain America: The Winter Soldier 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Sleepy Hollow: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Arrow: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$39.99
South Park: The Complete Seventeenth Season (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Atlantis: The Lost Empire / Atlantis: Milo's Return (Blu-ray)
$14.96
The Big Bang Theory: The Complete Seventh Season (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Grimm: Season Three (Blu-ray)
$34.99
The Texas Chain Saw Massacre (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Eraserhead (Blu-ray)
$31.78
Godzilla (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Rio 2 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Fault in Our Stars (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Transformers Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$17.24
Godzilla 3D (Blu-ray)
$27.99
Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase One - Avengers Assembled (Blu-ray)
$119.99

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

View Poll Results: Which version of Star Wars Blu-ray will you be purchasing (or not)?
The Complete Star Wars Saga 1,335 72.48%
The Prequel Box Set 20 1.09%
The Original Trilogy Box Set 110 5.97%
Not Purchasing Star Wars Blu-ray 377 20.47%
Voters: 1842. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-12-2011, 02:23 PM   #30961

Aug 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacEachaidh View Post
I guess you couldn't really tell that I was being tongue-in-cheek there.

But *not* mocking the people frustrated with this release ... I think there's far too much of that going on already. And frankly, I'm really tired of people on this thread who can't make a positive comment about the release (which they're completely entitled to do, of course) without gratuitously throwing names or personal slurs at people who want to note with frustration the faults in the release (which they're also completely entitled to do).

It's really tiring. And honestly, to my non-partisan perception, the people who are being most "hateful" are actually the ones calling other people haters. (Such a stupid, stupid use of language!)

So I'm not having a shot at you, mate, but all I did was make the same kind of joke but in the opposite direction, in some feeble attempt to redress the balance. (Life isn't fair, but that doesn't mean we can't try to be.) Your chiming in with a negative and emotive response like that was a bit predictable, and starts to look kinda obsessive, you know?
Sir, I take no offense with people expressing opinions, however, I do take offense to the idea that those of us excited about this release have been called sheep, suckers, and have been talked down to in such a manner as to present us as somehow inferior. I actually started out just trying to explain my position using historical facts and logic to no avail. Yet, you have to admit, alot of the negative comments are really nothing more than people just wanting to be unhappy for the sake of being unhappy. This week it is George Lucas, and I'm sure Spielburg will have his turn when Jurassic Park comes out. Yet, I do realize "The fault, dear MacEachaidh, lie not in our stars but in ourselves."
"A good film is when the price of the dinner, the theatre admission and the babysitter were worth it."-Alfred Hitchcock
MY SET UP: 67'' DLP HDTV, SONY PS3 80 GIG, SONY PS3 60 GIG, ONKYO 705,7.1 HOME THEATER
MY LIBARY: DVD-1039 , BLU-RAY-82 , PS3 Games-20
"When a naked man is chasing a woman through an alley with a butcher's knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross!"-Harry Callahan
Old 09-12-2011, 02:25 PM   #30962

Dec 2008
Newfoundland & Labrador, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzsoad View Post
I personally like the cover art, especially after actually seeing it in person. I do wish the NA discs had that art, but your set is missing the rest of the art that I like throughout the case. I may prefer the NA set just because of that. I don't mind the sleeves so much, it's just a little awkward getting the discs back in sometimes.
Back in is easy, the hard part is getting them out, especially without long fingernails.
PSN: GrassySpy
Old 09-12-2011, 02:28 PM   #30963
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzsoad View Post
I personally like the cover art, especially after actually seeing it in person. I do wish the NA discs had that art, but your set is missing the rest of the art that I like throughout the case. I may prefer the NA set just because of that. I don't mind the sleeves so much, it's just a little awkward getting the discs back in sometimes.
All the art work is inside the Guide To The Galexy Booklet unlike the US Booklet. So all the art is still there.
R.I.P Robin Williams 1951-2014

My PSN Trophy Card | PS4 Tips, Tricks & Fixes
List of BD Movies That Have PS3 Themes
Pre-orders:Evangelion 3.33|Gurren Lagann: Ultimate Edition|Mai Mai Miracle|The Place Promised in Our Early Days|009 RE:CYBORG 3D CE|
PS4|PS3 12gb Slim(1TB SATA HDD)|LG 42LW650T 3D LED|Toshiba BDX3100 (Multi-Region3D Player)|ONKYO HTX-22HD 5.1|Bush BFSAT01HD Freesat HD Box.
Old 09-12-2011, 02:30 PM   #30964
Power Member

Nov 2009
Washington State

Quote:
Originally Posted by koreyman View Post
This week it is George Lucas, and I'm sure Spielburg will have his turn when Jurassic Park comes out. Yet, I do realize "The fault, dear MacEachaidh, lie not in our stars but in ourselves."
The thing you forget is that Spielburg has learned his lesson about revisionism after the outcry from the botched 2002 re-release of E.T. (i.e. the Walkie-Talkies), while Lucas seemingly never will get it.
Forget The Evil Dead; what George Lucas has done to Star Wars since 1997 is truly "The Ultimate Experience in Grueling Terror".

Svenge's Neon Genesis Evangelion Home Video Compendium
My Blu-ray Collection | My Anime DVD Collection | My Laserdisc Collection
My gear: LG 32LN5300 (LED TV) | Sony BDP-S360 (BD/DVD) | Pioneer CLD-D606 (LD)
Old 09-12-2011, 02:30 PM   #30965
Blu-ray Ninja

Nov 2007
Arkansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by koreyman View Post
I'm sure Spielburg will have his turn when Jurassic Park comes out.
Spielberg will not screw up a release this bad......
Projector|Screen|: JVC RS40 3D, SeymourAV 126" 2.37 Acoustically Transparent screen, ISCO II Anamorphic lens
Processor|Amps:Marantz AV7005, Parsound Halo A21 (2), Parasound Halo A23 (2), SVS AS-EQ1
Sources:PS3 Slim, Oppo BDP-103D, Dish 722Vip, Appletv
Speakers|Subs:Paradigm Studio 100, CC-690, ADP 470, Servo 15, Seaton Sound Submersive
Power|Cables:PS Audio Duet, Monster HTS-5100, Analysis Plus Solo Crystal Cabling

Last edited by phansson; 09-12-2011 at 02:34 PM.
Old 09-12-2011, 02:31 PM   #30966
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2011
Edge of the Accretion Disc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavrick View Post
Heres the UK Alien set for anyone who hasnt seen it
Yeah, I like that one a lot. (So glad I got mine before they switched to individual cases!)

I was hoping Star Wars might be something like that.

And as for the outer packaging ... well, I don't think I'm being childish, but I personally feel no resonance at all with the cover artwork. Graphically it doesn't reflect the art design of any of the movies, so: no matter that it's got Anakin (and some Other Indeterminate Person), no matter that it's on Tatooine, it just doesn't say Star Wars to me.
Old 09-12-2011, 02:32 PM   #30967
Expert Member

Oct 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by phansson View Post
Heads up for everyone, BB has the set on sale for $79.99, free film cel (sucks) and a free Vader shirt (cool). Not a bad deal!
Online only or in store pick up.
Will be $89.99 in store unless you go to the CS counter and ask them to PM their online price.
Old 09-12-2011, 02:33 PM   #30968
Power Member

Aug 2009
California

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kessel Run View Post
Back in is easy, the hard part is getting them out, especially without long fingernails.
I got good at getting them out pretty quick, but I struggle a bit with the flap being in the way when I put them back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavrick View Post
All the art work is inside the Guide To The Galexy Booklet unlike the US Booklet. So all the art is still there.
Well that's good then.
"If you don't like something, don't watch it again. Why whinge about it on a forum to a load o' divs? Don't worry about it." - Karl Pilkington

Current Setups:
- Epson 8350, 145" display on wall with Behr Silver Screen, Onkyo HT-S3400 HTiB, Samsung BD player
- Vizio 65" M-Series w/ 3D, Vizio 5.1 soundbar, PS3 Slim, PS4, Wii U, XBox360
PSN ID: ozz_soad NN ID: ozzsoad
Old 09-12-2011, 02:34 PM   #30969
Blu-ray Ninja

Nov 2007
Arkansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDPlasma View Post
Online only or in store pick up.
Will be $89.99 in store unless you go to the CS counter and ask them to PM their online price.
Another heads up, I had ordered it online for store pickup with the free cel and t shirt. I then received an email saying that it was unavailable. It appears that a lot of stores are out of the free cel (which is worthless IMHO) so if you cancel that, your order goes through.
Projector|Screen|: JVC RS40 3D, SeymourAV 126" 2.37 Acoustically Transparent screen, ISCO II Anamorphic lens
Processor|Amps:Marantz AV7005, Parsound Halo A21 (2), Parasound Halo A23 (2), SVS AS-EQ1
Sources:PS3 Slim, Oppo BDP-103D, Dish 722Vip, Appletv
Speakers|Subs:Paradigm Studio 100, CC-690, ADP 470, Servo 15, Seaton Sound Submersive
Power|Cables:PS Audio Duet, Monster HTS-5100, Analysis Plus Solo Crystal Cabling
Old 09-12-2011, 02:35 PM   #30970
Blu-ray Duke

Sep 2008
Montreal
Send a message via Yahoo to P@t_Mtl

Quote:
Spielberg will not screw up a release that bad......
Of course he won't but that will still not prevent people from crying that something is wrong with the Jurasick Park set when it's going to come out ...

too much DNR....
too much tin....
too much green...
screen cap sucks....
I hate the box....
I hate the covert art....
that scene was not like that when I saw it in 1993 when I was 6 years old....

---------------------------------------------------
My avatar will Wait Until Dark for a Roman Holiday since this world as War & Peace
and it would be fun to actually have Breakfast At Tiffany's with My Fair Lady
Old 09-12-2011, 02:35 PM   #30971

Feb 2010

I'm waiting until black friday so I can get it dirt cheap
Old 09-12-2011, 02:36 PM   #30972
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2010
neverland

Four days until Star Wars Complete Saga is released! I can't believe it's almost here!! May the Force be with us all!
"Stay gold."
Old 09-12-2011, 02:37 PM   #30973
Expert Member

Oct 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by aiman04 View Post
Here's something for reference:

Source: CarltonBale.com
And here are the THX recommendations, which basically mirrors the chart.

http://www.thx.com/consumer/home-ent...r/hdtv-set-up/
Old 09-12-2011, 02:38 PM   #30974
Super Moderator

Jul 2007
Edo, Land of the Samurai

In which order are you guys watchign it? Prequels first or OT?
Old 09-12-2011, 02:39 PM   #30975
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

I'm watching from TPM to ROTJ
R.I.P Robin Williams 1951-2014

My PSN Trophy Card | PS4 Tips, Tricks & Fixes
List of BD Movies That Have PS3 Themes
Pre-orders:Evangelion 3.33|Gurren Lagann: Ultimate Edition|Mai Mai Miracle|The Place Promised in Our Early Days|009 RE:CYBORG 3D CE|
PS4|PS3 12gb Slim(1TB SATA HDD)|LG 42LW650T 3D LED|Toshiba BDX3100 (Multi-Region3D Player)|ONKYO HTX-22HD 5.1|Bush BFSAT01HD Freesat HD Box.
Old 09-12-2011, 02:40 PM   #30976
Blu-ray Duke

Sep 2008
Montreal
Send a message via Yahoo to P@t_Mtl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu Titan View Post
In which order are you guys watchign it? Prequels first or OT?
going with originals first, I really want to see them on Blu-ray. I will follow with the prequels after
---------------------------------------------------
My avatar will Wait Until Dark for a Roman Holiday since this world as War & Peace
and it would be fun to actually have Breakfast At Tiffany's with My Fair Lady
Old 09-12-2011, 02:40 PM   #30977
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2007
PEI, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveyf View Post
I'm in Montreal and the thing is that Best Buy is offering the Saga for 79,99$ CAD (= 79,99$ USD plus TAXES and more TAXES) but... the offer ends Sept 15th 2011. I don't want them mailed to me on Friday to arrive next week!! I want to go get the box on Friday at the store. Will the price go back up Friday the 16th?

Any fellow Canadians with ideas?
Futureshop is listing the price as good until the 18th. I assume BB would be the same.
http://www.yourgamercards.net/profile/binarymellon

PSN: binarymellon
EA Origin Account: binarymelon
Steam Account: binarymelon
Old 09-12-2011, 02:41 PM   #30978
Expert Member

Oct 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by punisher View Post
LOL..but you never fooled me....that's a clip from Family Guy's Blue Harvest
These new revisions of Star Wars might as well be made by Family Guy or Robot Chicken.

I know, I know. The changes are awesome because they are in HD.
Go team Lucas !!!
Old 09-12-2011, 02:42 PM   #30979

Sep 2011
Germany

Quote:
I have a 2.35 setup.
Fair enough. But that probably puts you into a group of maybe 1% of the intended customer base. Blu-ray was developed with the other 99% in mind though.

p.s.: I ignore signatures most of the time, so I didn't see that you had a projector setup when I made my first comment. Apologies for that.

Last edited by Colonel Kurtz; 09-12-2011 at 02:46 PM.
Old 09-12-2011, 02:43 PM   #30980
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2008
Send a message via AIM to Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by josephga View Post
I'm waiting until black friday so I can get it dirt cheap
Won't happen. You're not likely going to see a much cheaper price on Black Friday.
Bat-Mite: "Batman's rich history allows him to be interpreted in a multitude of ways. To be sure, this is a lighter incarnation, but is certainly no less valid and true to the character's roots then the tortured avenger, crying out for mommy and daddy."

Batman: The Brave & The Bold - Legend of the Dark Mite.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America