Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Red Cliff Part I & II (Blu-ray)
$8.99
Life Itself (Blu-ray)
$13.49
To the Wonder (Blu-ray)
$7.64
The Imitation Game (Blu-ray)
$19.96
Sons of Anarchy: Season Seven (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Melancholia (Blu-ray)
$7.64
Nymphomaniac Extended Director's Cut (Blu-ray)
$17.99
The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh (Blu-ray)
$14.96
Porco Rosso (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Let The Right One In (Blu-ray)
$7.64
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 3D (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Grindhouse (Blu-ray)
$9.99
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

View Poll Results: Which version of Star Wars Blu-ray will you be purchasing (or not)?
The Complete Star Wars Saga 1,335 72.48%
The Prequel Box Set 20 1.09%
The Original Trilogy Box Set 110 5.97%
Not Purchasing Star Wars Blu-ray 377 20.47%
Voters: 1842. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-12-2011, 04:06 PM   #30981
Power Member

Aug 2007
Austin, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavrick View Post
But... Obi Wan is practicly a Master Jedi in the prime shape of his life
That's true, you're right. That means he never gets tired. I forgot.
Old 09-12-2011, 04:07 PM   #30982

Dec 2008
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu Titan View Post
In which order are you guys watchign it? Prequels first or OT?
OT. But the first scene I'll watch is from Return of the Jedi, from the moment Luke is pushed out on the plank above the Sarlacc. It always gives me chills when he jumps and flips and the music punches, punches, punches up, and he looks at his lightsaber with an expression that says, "Hey, it DIDN'T just blow up in my face."

That's the first scene I watched when I got the DVDs, and it'll be the same for Blu.

Then I'll watch the entire OT. I probably won't watch the prequels again other than to check out the picture quality in a few random spots -- I saw most of them on Spike recently, and that was enough for a long time. I'm in it for the OT and the deleted scenes.

(And for what it's worth, put me in the camp that does believe Lucas will eventually release the original originals at some point, and maybe even sooner than later.)
Old 09-12-2011, 04:08 PM   #30983
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTStarkiller View Post
Yoda is like 900 years old and can do shit loads of acrobatics and Obi Wan can jump up a few levles and swing a lightsabre about for a few minutes and he's done o.O

Maybe the lightsabres are real heavy, like broadswords...
My PSN Trophy Card | PS4 Tips, Tricks & Fixes
List of BD Movies That Have PS3 Themes
Pre-orders:TMNT 3D SB|Evangelion 3.33|Mai Mai Miracle|The Place Promised in Our Early Days|009 RE:CYBORG 3D CE
PS4|PS3 Slim(1TB HDD)|Sony Bravia 40W605|LG 42LW650T 3D|Toshiba BDX3100 (Multi-Region3D Player)|ONKYO HTX-22HD 5.1|Samsung HW-F350 Soundbar|Bush BFSAT01HD Freesat HD Box.
Old 09-12-2011, 04:09 PM   #30984
Blu-ray Ninja

Nov 2007
Arkansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deromax View Post
So do I. The screen is 2.35 but the projector is still 16:9 native.
Yes but if the anamorphic option was there you could have 1080p lines of information because the black lines would not be hard coded into the movie. So we would get a much better picture.
Projector|Screen|: JVC RS40 3D, SeymourAV 126" 2.37 Acoustically Transparent screen, ISCO II Anamorphic lens
Processor|Amps:Marantz AV7702, Parsound Halo A21 (2), Parasound Halo A23 (3)
Sources:PS3 Slim, Oppo BDP-103D, Dish 722Vip, Appletv
Speakers|Subs:Paradigm Studio 100, CC-690, ADP 470, Servo 15, Seaton Sound Submersive
Power|Cables:PS Audio Duet, Monster HTS-5100, Analysis Plus Solo Crystal Cabling
Old 09-12-2011, 04:13 PM   #30985
Power Member

Nov 2009
Washington State

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTStarkiller View Post
Or you could just acknowledge that George Lucas has no concept of continuity and puts whatever he thinks looks cool at that moment into any given scene without giving thought to what it does to future scenes/scenarios in the script.
Forget The Evil Dead; what George Lucas has done to Star Wars since 1997 is truly "The Ultimate Experience in Grueling Terror".

Svenge's Neon Genesis Evangelion Home Video Compendium
My Blu-ray Collection | My Anime DVD Collection | My Laserdisc Collection | My PS3 Collection
My gear: LG 32LN5300 (LED TV) | Sony BDP-S360 (BD/DVD) | Pioneer CLD-D606 (LD) | Sony CECH-4301C (PS3)
Old 09-12-2011, 04:13 PM   #30986

Sep 2011
Germany

I will save the best for last (the OT) and watch the prequels first.
Old 09-12-2011, 04:14 PM   #30987
Expert Member

Jun 2011

Quote:
Yoda is like 900 years old and can do shit loads of acrobatics and Obi Wan can jump up a few levles and swing a lightsabre about for a few minutes and he's done o.O
Sense. That makes none.

Quote:
Originally Posted by svenge View Post
Or you could just acknowledge that George Lucas has no concept of continuity and puts whatever he thinks looks cool at that moment into any given scene without giving thought to what it does to future scenes/scenarios in the script.
I'm sorry, but what's the continuity problem here? He's tired, thus not making the same move again. What's so hard to understand?
Old 09-12-2011, 04:18 PM   #30988
Power Member

Jun 2011

Lol people will make excuses for aaaaaaanything.

"Obi-Wan doesn't use his super speed because he's tired!"

"Why wasn't he tired at the beginning of the movie?"

"Because he..."

"He was fighting at the beginning of the movie too, don't say 'fatigue'"

"Fatigue. He got tired."

God forbid there is a continuity error. God forbid it was a convenient plot device. No, he was just tired. He couldn't even use a little bit of the force to propel him over there.

Just accept it that sometimes there are plot devices meant to increase dramatic tension and you just have to go with it. There doesn't need to be an explanation for every single element of a film that doesn't completely add up.

In PT there are a billion of those, so you might as well not think too deeply on it.
"On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero." - Tyler Durden
Old 09-12-2011, 04:18 PM   #30989
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roonan View Post
Sense. That makes none.

I'm sorry, but what's the continuity problem here? He's tired, thus not making the same move again. What's so hard to understand?
Of course it makes none! Thats what I though! How does a 900 year old Jedi have more stamina than a Jedi in the prime of his life. I'm glad you agree

Well, they also hold their breath in the gas filled room to build tension even though a few scenes later they pull out breathing aperatus from their cloaks
Pre-orders:TMNT 3D SB|Evangelion 3.33|Mai Mai Miracle|The Place Promised in Our Early Days|009 RE:CYBORG 3D CE
PS4|PS3 Slim(1TB HDD)|Sony Bravia 40W605|LG 42LW650T 3D|Toshiba BDX3100 (Multi-Region3D Player)|ONKYO HTX-22HD 5.1|Samsung HW-F350 Soundbar|Bush BFSAT01HD Freesat HD Box.
Old 09-12-2011, 04:18 PM   #30990
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beast View Post
Won't happen. You're not likely going to see a much cheaper price on Black Friday.
And your information is based on... ?
Old 09-12-2011, 04:19 PM   #30991
Expert Member

Jun 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Jay View Post
No, people will create problems for anything. Even when there are none.

Quote:
Of course it makes none! Thats what I though! How does a 900 year old Jedi have more stamina than a Jedi in the prime of his life. I'm glad you agree
You are using a fallacy to try to prove your point. That's just wrong.

Quote:
Well, they also hold their breath in the gas filled room to build tension even though a few scenes later they pull out breathing aperatus from their cloaks
What's that suppose to mean? That they need a breath mask when they planned to leave the room soon after?

That search for "supposed problems" doesn't make sense.

Last edited by Roonan; 09-12-2011 at 04:22 PM.
Old 09-12-2011, 04:20 PM   #30992
Power Member

Jun 2011

Quote:
Sense. That makes none.

Why didn't he get tired at the beginning of the movie? Why was he only 'tired' when Qui-Gon was about to have his heartstring-pulling death scene? Has it ever been explained by anyone related to the movies that 'tired' is the explanation? Or are you just presenting a guess as a fact?
"On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero." - Tyler Durden
Old 09-12-2011, 04:21 PM   #30993
Power Member

Jun 2011

Quote:
No, people will create problems for anything.
I didn't create the continuity error. The Great Bearded One did.
Old 09-12-2011, 04:21 PM   #30994
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Jay View Post

"Obi-Wan doesn't use his super speed because he's tired!"

"Why wasn't he tired at the beginning of the movie?"

"Because he..."

"He was fighting at the beginning of the movie too, don't say 'fatigue'"

"Fatigue. He got tired."

God forbid there is a continuity error. God forbid it was a convenient plot device. No, he was just tired. He couldn't even use a little bit of the force to propel him over there.

Just accept it that sometimes there are plot devices meant to increase dramatic tension and you just have to go with it. There doesn't need to be an explanation for every single element of a film that doesn't completely add up.

In PT there are a billion of those, so you might as well not think too deeply on it.
^ This

I like to mull over it for the discusion of the plot. But at the same time it doesn't stop me enjoying the films, the same way Rambo can walk into a place on his own with one gun and take out 30 armed men without a scratch without me going "ZOMG thats just ridiculas!!!!! I'm never watching this again!"
Old 09-12-2011, 04:22 PM   #30995

Oct 2010
Texas

Hey guys,
I think this was discussed earlier, can't remember. Does best buy have extra stock to put on the shelves to go along with all the reservations that were placed online via in store pick-up? All the BB's around my area are "unavailable for in store pick up", so I was wondering if they will be completely sold out.

Thanks!
I really like the dancing :banana:
Old 09-12-2011, 04:24 PM   #30996
Power Member

Jan 2010
Italy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacEachaidh View Post
Yeah, I like that one a lot. (So glad I got mine before they switched to individual cases!)

I was hoping Star Wars might be something like that.

And as for the outer packaging ... well, I don't think I'm being childish, but I personally feel no resonance at all with the cover artwork. Graphically it doesn't reflect the art design of any of the movies, so: no matter that it's got Anakin (and some Other Indeterminate Person), no matter that it's on Tatooine, it just doesn't say Star Wars to me.
Well, the entire 6-part double trilogy is actually one big story of Anakin, soooooooooooooooooo, ya know...
"The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed..."

Films by spine:
http://www.criterion.com/my_criterio...?sort_by=spine

My Criterion profile:
http://www.criterion.com/my_criterion/36842-david
Old 09-12-2011, 04:25 PM   #30997
Power Member

Jan 2010
Italy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53rd_3rd View Post
Hey guys,
I think this was discussed earlier, can't remember. Does best buy have extra stock to put on the shelves to go along with all the reservations that were placed online via in store pick-up? All the BB's around my area are "unavailable for in store pick up", so I was wondering if they will be completely sold out.

Thanks!
Where I work, we usually keep some at customer service for those which were reserved.

Films by spine:

My Criterion profile:
Old 09-12-2011, 04:26 PM   #30998
Power Member

Jun 2011

Quote:
^ This

I like to mull over it for the discusion of the plot. But at the same time it doesn't stop me enjoying the films, the same way Rambo can walk into a place on his own with one gun and take out 30 armed men without a scratch without me going "ZOMG thats just ridiculas!!!!! I'm never watching this again!"
Exactly.

I don't "have a problem" with continuity errors like this, those convenient plot devices are meant to move the story along. I have no problem just going with it and accepting that not everything will add up.

I do have a problem with people who won't accept that movies are just movies and have things that don't add up, and make matter-of-fact statements like "He was tired, duh. Don't you get tired?" Sure I get tired, but I also can't shoot lightning bolts out of my fingers or jump 40 feet in the air.

Some folks can't just accept that sometimes things are just there to add tension to a scene and not everything has an explanation that's part of the canon and "officially approved" by George Lucas.
Old 09-12-2011, 04:26 PM   #30999

Dec 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaft Windu View Post

Here is a pic of the scene I meant... Does anybody know if the braid is still on the wrong side in this scene?
Im really interested in that one also... but nobody seems to have checked by now. Also, has the S.L. Jackson stand-in been replaced by S.L. Jackson in the end of TPM?
"Follow your bliss! - Joseph Campbell
Old 09-12-2011, 04:28 PM   #31000
Power Member

Jan 2010
Italy

Quote:
^ This

...that also happened to John Matrix. I thought it was the coolest thing that he wasn't hit by anything!

Films by spine:

My Criterion profile:
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America