COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Marilyn Monroe: Classic Nine-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$34.99
Snowpiercer (Blu-ray)
$14.96
Ghostbusters Limited Edition Gift Set (Blu-ray)
$79.99
Captain America: The Winter Soldier 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Sleepy Hollow: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Arrow: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$39.99
The Big Bang Theory: The Complete Seventh Season (Blu-ray)
$29.99
South Park: The Complete Seventeenth Season (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Grimm: Season Three (Blu-ray)
$34.99
The Texas Chain Saw Massacre (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Rio 2 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Godzilla (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Transformers Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$17.24
The Fault in Our Stars (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Phantom of the Paradise (Blu-ray)
$18.99
The Originals: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$39.99
Godzilla 3D (Blu-ray)
$27.99
Penny Dreadful: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$32.99
American Horror Story: Coven (Blu-ray)
$39.99

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

View Poll Results: Which version of Star Wars Blu-ray will you be purchasing (or not)?
The Complete Star Wars Saga 1,335 72.48%
The Prequel Box Set 20 1.09%
The Original Trilogy Box Set 110 5.97%
Not Purchasing Star Wars Blu-ray 377 20.47%
Voters: 1842. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-12-2011, 02:44 PM   #30981
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2008
Send a message via AIM to Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu Titan View Post
In which order are you guys watchign it? Prequels first or OT?
Gotta start with the beginning of the story as well as the best film. The Phantom Menace! So I'm watching them in order.
Bat-Mite: "Batman's rich history allows him to be interpreted in a multitude of ways. To be sure, this is a lighter incarnation, but is certainly no less valid and true to the character's roots then the tortured avenger, crying out for mommy and daddy."

Batman: The Brave & The Bold - Legend of the Dark Mite.
Old 09-12-2011, 02:45 PM   #30982

Jul 2011
The far side of Endor..

Quote:
Originally Posted by P@t_Mtl View Post
Of course he won't but that will still not prevent people from crying that something is wrong with the Jurasick Park set when it's going to come out ...

too much DNR....
too much tin....
too much green...
screen cap sucks....
I hate the box....
I hate the covert art....
that scene was not like that when I saw it in 1993 when I was 6 years old....

Of course there will be complaining.. But i don't recall if there is any kind of UOT WARS going on with those movies like over here.
Old 09-12-2011, 02:45 PM   #30983
Expert Member

Oct 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrugerIndustrial View Post
Yes that review was highly professional.
Reviews don't have to be professional. They just need to agree with your expectations of what the PQ and changes of the movie should be.
Old 09-12-2011, 02:45 PM   #30984

Oct 2009
U.K

Personally, I'd watch the Originals before the Prequels. The difference in quality between the two saga's would be a little off-putting if I did it Episode 1 > 6
Wait, wait... Here comes Lee Marvin! Thank god; he's always drunk and violent! - Homer Simpson
Old 09-12-2011, 02:46 PM   #30985
Blu-ray Duke

Sep 2008
Montreal
Send a message via Yahoo to P@t_Mtl

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandyDandy View Post
Of course there will be complaining.. But i don't recall if there is any kind of UOT WARS going on with those movies like over here.
No since there was never any changes done on them the way it was on Star Wars...then again I could be wrong? I am really no fan of the Jurassick Park series so I don't know what as been release or not,
---------------------------------------------------
My avatar will Wait Until Dark for a Roman Holiday since this world as War & Peace
and it would be fun to actually have Breakfast At Tiffany's with My Fair Lady
Old 09-12-2011, 02:51 PM   #30986
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2011
Edge of the Accretion Disc

Quote:
Originally Posted by koreyman View Post
Yet, you have to admit, alot of the negative comments are really nothing more than people just wanting to be unhappy for the sake of being unhappy.
Nope, I don't have to admit that at all. That's an assertion put forward to simply make the position you're opposing seem invalid. It's a debating tactic, not a fact.

Please don't assume that I'm defending anyone calling other people "sheep" or "suckers" or whatever else. I'm not. So this is not one of those "you're either with us or agin' us" moments. But I am pointing out that "a lot of the negative comments" have come from those who are content with the release, and so have turned their own complaints against other posters rather than a Blu-ray release -- which is a more undesirable and less defensible position, frankly.

For myself, my own thoughts on this release are that Lucas can do what he wants, quite obviously, but the people he wants to have buy the product can also respond to what he does, positively or otherwise. Especially since the advertising is all focused on the buyer's experience, recapturing memories and owning the definitive version for all time - which is at odds with Lucas' perpetual tinkering, and with strident claims that they're his films and no-one else has any right to a say in the matter. But Lucas has always been one for giving out decidedly mixed messages, so I guess it's in his nature.

As I said a score or more pages back, I personally wish GL would accept that these films will never be completely perfect in his eyes, and let them be for the amazing achievement they are, and move on to other things, expressing his creativity in new movies rather than visual fiddles.

He once talked about Star Wars being nine movies, so where are the other three? We've had the Empire Trilogy, and the Rebellion Trilogy ... so where's the Restoration Trilogy?
Old 09-12-2011, 02:52 PM   #30987

Jun 2009
Lac-a-la-tortue, Pq, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by phansson View Post
I have a 2.35 setup.
So do I. The screen is 2.35 but the projector is still 16:9 native.
--
Awww, how cute. You measure your TV's size in inches...

Last edited by Deromax; 09-12-2011 at 02:59 PM.
Old 09-12-2011, 02:54 PM   #30988
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

One thing that bugs me most in TPM is that we clearly see the Jedi super speed at the begining of the movie, yet Obi Wan doesn't use it at the end to get through the red sheilds as they open and close He could have saved Qui Gon's life dammit!
R.I.P Robin Williams 1951-2014

My PSN Trophy Card | PS4 Tips, Tricks & Fixes
List of BD Movies That Have PS3 Themes
Pre-orders:Evangelion 3.33|Gurren Lagann: Ultimate Edition|Mai Mai Miracle|The Place Promised in Our Early Days|009 RE:CYBORG 3D CE|
PS4|PS3 12gb Slim(1TB SATA HDD)|LG 42LW650T 3D LED|Toshiba BDX3100 (Multi-Region3D Player)|ONKYO HTX-22HD 5.1|Bush BFSAT01HD Freesat HD Box.
Old 09-12-2011, 02:57 PM   #30989
Power Member

Dec 2008
Rhode Island

I can't wait to see how the Originals came out. I remember the summer that Ep IV came out I must've seen it 20 times at the drive-in. I love the music and scene where Luke is thinking and staring at the binary sunset on Tatooine. Memories, memories. Yes, I'm pretty old and fairly crotchety

LR TV: Samsung UN46B6000 BR TV: Samsung UN32EH5300
LR BD: Sony BDP-S350 BR BD: Sony PS3 120GB
DVR: TiVo TCD652160 HD DVR
HT Audio/Video: Onkyo TX-SR606
Fronts: Polk TSi400s Center: Polk RM8C Surrounds: ADS L570s Sub: MartinLogan 10-Inch Dynamo
BR HT/Mac/CD Audio: Peachtree Audio Nova BR Fronts: Polk R150s
Old 09-12-2011, 02:57 PM   #30990
Power Member

Aug 2007
Austin, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavrick View Post
One thing that bugs me most in TPM is that we clearly see the Jedi super speed at the begining of the movie, yet Obi Wan doesn't use it at the end to get through the red sheilds as they open and close He could have saved Qui Gon's life dammit!
That's been brought up before. "Why doesn't Obi-Wan run as fast as he can all the time?" Well why don't YOU run as fast as you can all the time? It's called fatigue.
Old 09-12-2011, 03:01 PM   #30991

Jul 2011
The far side of Endor..

Quote:
He will probably do that in the 3d version.
Old 09-12-2011, 03:02 PM   #30992
Power Member

Nov 2009
Washington State

Quote:
Actually, he'll just hop onto R2-D2 and use its (his?) rocket boosters to swoop in and save Qui-Gon...
Forget The Evil Dead; what George Lucas has done to Star Wars since 1997 is truly "The Ultimate Experience in Grueling Terror".

Svenge's Neon Genesis Evangelion Home Video Compendium
My Blu-ray Collection | My Anime DVD Collection | My Laserdisc Collection
My gear: LG 32LN5300 (LED TV) | Sony BDP-S360 (BD/DVD) | Pioneer CLD-D606 (LD)
Old 09-12-2011, 03:04 PM   #30993

Mar 2011
Cologne, Germany

Here is a pic of the scene I meant... Does anybody know if the braid is still on the wrong side in this scene?
"Where you stumble, there lies your treasure. The very cave you are afraid to enter turns out to be the source of what you are looking for.
The damned thing in the cave that was so dreaded has become the center."
Joseph Campbell
Old 09-12-2011, 03:04 PM   #30994
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTStarkiller View Post
That's been brought up before. "Why doesn't Obi-Wan run as fast as he can all the time?" Well why don't YOU run as fast as you can all the time? It's called fatigue.
But... Obi Wan is practicly a Master Jedi in the prime shape of his life

Quote:
Hell, maybe he will even go as far as have Obi an killed instead of Qui Gon... amn, I better not put ideas into his head!

Pre-orders:Evangelion 3.33|Gurren Lagann: Ultimate Edition|Mai Mai Miracle|The Place Promised in Our Early Days|009 RE:CYBORG 3D CE|
PS4|PS3 12gb Slim(1TB SATA HDD)|LG 42LW650T 3D LED|Toshiba BDX3100 (Multi-Region3D Player)|ONKYO HTX-22HD 5.1|Bush BFSAT01HD Freesat HD Box.
Old 09-12-2011, 03:04 PM   #30995

Jun 2011

Quote:
It's called fatigue.
Touché.

Quote:
So? Is that (even if true) supposed to mean he can't get tired?
Old 09-12-2011, 03:05 PM   #30996

Oct 2008

Quote:
He needs to work on his cardio then
Old 09-12-2011, 03:06 PM   #30997
Power Member

Aug 2007
Austin, TX

Quote:
That's true, you're right. That means he never gets tired. I forgot.
Old 09-12-2011, 03:07 PM   #30998

Dec 2008
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu Titan View Post
In which order are you guys watchign it? Prequels first or OT?
OT. But the first scene I'll watch is from Return of the Jedi, from the moment Luke is pushed out on the plank above the Sarlacc. It always gives me chills when he jumps and flips and the music punches, punches, punches up, and he looks at his lightsaber with an expression that says, "Hey, it DIDN'T just blow up in my face."

That's the first scene I watched when I got the DVDs, and it'll be the same for Blu.

Then I'll watch the entire OT. I probably won't watch the prequels again other than to check out the picture quality in a few random spots -- I saw most of them on Spike recently, and that was enough for a long time. I'm in it for the OT and the deleted scenes.

(And for what it's worth, put me in the camp that does believe Lucas will eventually release the original originals at some point, and maybe even sooner than later.)
Old 09-12-2011, 03:08 PM   #30999
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

Quote:
That's true, you're right. That means he never gets tired. I forgot.
Yoda is like 900 years old and can do shit loads of acrobatics and Obi Wan can jump up a few levles and swing a lightsabre about for a few minutes and he's done o.O

Maybe the lightsabres are real heavy, like broadswords...

Old 09-12-2011, 03:09 PM   #31000
Blu-ray Ninja

Nov 2007
Arkansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deromax View Post
So do I. The screen is 2.35 but the projector is still 16:9 native.
Yes but if the anamorphic option was there you could have 1080p lines of information because the black lines would not be hard coded into the movie. So we would get a much better picture.
Projector|Screen|: JVC RS40 3D, SeymourAV 126" 2.37 Acoustically Transparent screen, ISCO II Anamorphic lens
Processor|Amps:Marantz AV7005, Parsound Halo A21 (2), Parasound Halo A23 (2), SVS AS-EQ1
Sources:PS3 Slim, Oppo BDP-103D, Dish 722Vip, Appletv
Speakers|Subs:Paradigm Studio 100, CC-690, ADP 470, Servo 15, Seaton Sound Submersive
Power|Cables:PS Audio Duet, Monster HTS-5100, Analysis Plus Solo Crystal Cabling
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America