Best Blu-ray Deals

Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Treme: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$64.99
Guardians of the Galaxy 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Entourage: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$96.99
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Deadwood: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$58.99
Battlestar Galactica: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$89.99
X-Men Collection (Blu-ray)
$60.58
Rise of the Guardians 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Sons of Anarchy: Seasons 1-6 (Blu-ray)
$119.99
Big Hero 6 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Maze Runner (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 3D (Blu-ray)
$69.99
Rocky: Heavyweight Collection (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Dragon Ball Z: Season 8 (Blu-ray)
$25.89
The Dark Knight Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$39.00
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 05-17-2010, 05:33 PM   #1

May 2010
Question The ultimate Matrix collection?

Well, I'm still kinda new to Blu-Ray (despite owning a PS3 for almost a year now, but that's besides the point) and I'm thinking of purchasing this collection as my first BD purchase (I had an active Blockbuster subscription so I didn't really had any reasons to buy BD movies for the time being...)

And I saw it's discounted on Amazon... is that discount only for this month, or has it been like that for a long time?

Also, I saw it's nominated as one of the deals of the day on the first week of June... how good are those deals... would it be worth waiting, or should I go the safe route and order it now?
Old 05-17-2010, 05:40 PM   #2
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2007
Framingham, MA

It's been as low as $49.99 for the set.(If it's selected as a deal-of-the-day it will most likely match this)

If you are not interested in getting the Animatrix, then you can get the Matrix Trilogy from Amazon.co.uk for 16.99gbp(about $25) and region-free.
Pioneer Elite KURO PRO-1150HD
Sony Playstation 4
Oppo BDP-83

Last edited by kpkelley; 05-17-2010 at 05:43 PM.
Old 05-17-2010, 05:47 PM   #3

May 2010

Well, I really want the Animatrix, I've never watched any of it, only the main movies... and would also like the extras of the collection... are they the same on the trilogy?
Old 05-17-2010, 07:09 PM   #4
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2007
Framingham, MA

From what I can tell the following special features are included:

Quote:
Disc 1:

-Audio Commentaries - Featuring effects artists Zach Staenberg and John Gaeta, actress Carrie Anne Moss, and a music only track featuring composer Don Davis.
-"The Music Revisited" - A collection of every single audio cue from the film. Awesome.
-"The Matrix Revisited" - An in-depth two hour documentary on the making of the original film. This was also included on the original DVD release of The Matrix .
-"Take the Red Pill"
-"Follow the White Rabbit"- Both of these features were early examples of DVD interactivity that are included for posterity.
Disc 2

-"Enter the Matrix" - A 42 minute documentary focused on a video game version of the film. -"Car Chase" - This is a 55 minute feature on the filming of the legendary freeway chase from the movie. Interesting if a bit long.
-"Unplugged" - An in depth documentary on the various special effects and fight choreography used in the film.
-"Teahouse Fight" - More behind the scenes fight choreography...
-"I'll Handle Them" - And yet more fight and special effects info is presented here.
-Archive: "Exiles" - You guessed it! More behind the scenes features on secondary characters!

Disc 3

-"Behind the Matrix" -Believe it or not, here is yet another behind the scenes featurette - - this time focusing on the the third film in the series.
-"Siege" - An in-depth review of the processes behind the large-scale machine attack.
-"Aftermath" - A 40 minute post production featurette...
-"Crew" - The titles says it all.
-"Hel" - a 28 minute documentary on the goth club scene.
- "Super Burly Brawl" - More behind the scenes fight info!
-Archive: "New Blue World" - A pretty succinct (for this set, anyway) wrap up.
These are special features on the Collection which do not appear to be included with the trilogy:

Quote:
Disc 4

Perhaps the greatest extra of them all on this massive set is the inclusions of The Animatrix in full 1080p adn Dolby TrueHD sound. This series of animated stories relate directly to the final two films of the Matrix series. The Japanese animation houses used for these shorts have turned in some remarkable work. Frankly, I like The Animatrix better than the last two films of the series.

Here's what's included: "Final Flight of the Osiris"
"The Second Renaissance Part 1"
"The Second Renaissance Part 2."
"Kid's Story"
"Program,"
"World Record,"
"Beyond,"
"Detective Story,"
"Matriculated,"

Also included with The Animatrix are a good number of extra features including several scene specific commentaries, the outstanding "Scrolls to Screen: The History and Culture of Anime" featurette and the "Execution" behind the scenes documentary.

Disc 5

The absolute overkill of this set continues with another complete disc of features.

-"Return to Source: Philosophy & The Matrix" - An hour long documentary featuring opinion and commentary on the philosophy of The Matrix from scholars and philosophers. We are now entering the overkill zone.
- "The Hard Problem: The Science Behind the Fiction" - This is very much a full-fledged documentary on the pitfalls of man's eventual and current reliance on technology. Interesting stuff!

Disc 6

-"The Burly Man Chronicles" - This extensive extra is a feature length documentary on the entire production process on Reloaded and Revolutions. If the previous thirty hours of extras didn't get it done for you, let's hope this feature does.
-"Zion Archive" - Welcome to the gallery feature of this endless set. There are, literally, thousands of images here for your viewing pleasure.
-"Rave Reel" - As though anyone was requesting more dancing and boogie time from these films - - here you go.
Sony Playstation 4
Oppo BDP-83
Old 05-17-2010, 07:10 PM   #5
Special Member

Aug 2009
Beaufort SC (British Expat)

I paid $49,99 for the US matrix set,,,
totally worth the price i paid,
LG 47LW5600 (3D) (main room)
Energy take classic 5.0
Phillips 42" Full 1080p HDTV (bed room)
Panasonic BDT220 (3D)
Sony BD S350
Insignia NS BRDVD4 (Region Free)
Denon AVR 1612
Xbox 360...(2 of them with the kinect)
Old 05-17-2010, 07:12 PM   #6
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2007
Framingham, MA

The Animatrix can be purchased seperately from Amazon.co.uk for 7.93gbp or about $11.50. That means you would only be missing the final two discs of supplements and the digital copy of The Matrix, which is now expired anyway.
Sony Playstation 4
Oppo BDP-83
Old 05-17-2010, 07:13 PM   #7
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2010
Atlanta, GA

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkPGR View Post
Well, I'm still kinda new to Blu-Ray (despite owning a PS3 for almost a year now, but that's besides the point) and I'm thinking of purchasing this collection as my first BD purchase (I had an active Blockbuster subscription so I didn't really had any reasons to buy BD movies for the time being...)

And I saw it's discounted on Amazon... is that discount only for this month, or has it been like that for a long time?

Also, I saw it's nominated as one of the deals of the day on the first week of June... how good are those deals... would it be worth waiting, or should I go the safe route and order it now?
Hi, welcome to the community. My general recommendation is to make use of this website's Price Tracker feature. When you go to the page for any movie/collection, hover over this icon () to gauge how good of a deal you're getting vs. historical prices at Amazon.com.

EDIT: And you probably ought to wait until June to see if there's a Daily Deal on it, yeah.
Chronic Post Editor: If this post is fewer than five minutes old, then I am probably still revising it.

Noob Audiophile: MusicBee > HRT Music Streamer II+ > Matrix M-Stage (2x OPA602BP) > AKG Q701
My Music
Old 05-17-2010, 07:21 PM   #8

May 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jutty View Post
I paid $49,99 for the US matrix set,,,
totally worth the price i paid,
So would you say that I should wait and see if it will be a deal of the day in June, or buy it right away?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpkelley View Post
The Animatrix can be purchased seperately from Amazon.co.uk for 7.93gbp or about $11.50. That means you would only be missing the final two discs of supplements and the digital copy of The Matrix, which is now expired anyway.
$25 + $11.50 = $36.50, plus the shipping difference (S&H is $10 from Amazon.com, dunno if Amazon.co.uk would charge me more)... that means it's $29.49 - Shipping difference for the final 2 discs... what digital copy are you talking about? did they ever include a Digital Copy before?
Old 05-17-2010, 07:24 PM   #9
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2007
Framingham, MA

Quote:
what digital copy are you talking about? did they ever include a Digital Copy before?
The US Release is 7 discs, 3 movies, Animatrix, 2 special features disc, and a digital copy of The Matrix, with an expiration date of 6-12 months. IDK, if the release still includes a digital copy of the first film or not. There were no digital copies included for the second or third films or Animatrix.
Sony Playstation 4
Oppo BDP-83
Old 05-17-2010, 07:31 PM   #10
Special Member

Jan 2010
London, UK

Reading through the comments on Amazon, looks as though the Digital Copy is no longer available
Old 05-17-2010, 07:35 PM   #11
Special Member

Aug 2009
Beaufort SC (British Expat)

If you can wait to see if you can get a better deal from it,,by all means,,,,but me personally, i decide what price i wanna pay and buy it when it hit that,,but saying that ive over paid on one or two items because of this,,,,
(due to it dropping a week later)
Hey ,,its only money
LG 47LW5600 (3D) (main room)
Energy take classic 5.0
Phillips 42" Full 1080p HDTV (bed room)
Panasonic BDT220 (3D)
Sony BD S350
Insignia NS BRDVD4 (Region Free)
Denon AVR 1612
Xbox 360...(2 of them with the kinect)
Old 05-17-2010, 08:07 PM   #12
Special Member

Sep 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurgen1975 View Post
Reading through the comments on Amazon, looks as though the Digital Copy is no longer available
Yeah, I bought my set a while back, I think around the Christmas season, and it did not contain the digital copy. Nor did I care, as I have no use for them.
"In Brightest Day, In Darkest Night, No Evil Shall Escape My Sight, Let Those Who Worship Evil's Might, Beware My Power...Green Lantern's Light!
Old 05-18-2010, 12:34 AM   #13

May 2010

well, if it no longer includes a Digital Copy is OK for me... it would be nice to have it to put it on my PSP or iPod, but no big deal really... I wasn't expecting one either, so it doesn't make any difference for me...

Now I'm not sure if I should wait or go ahead and purchase... to make matters worse, there's an awesome SEGA pack on Steam for an awesome price too... argh, why do I have to be on a tight budget? lol
Old 05-20-2010, 01:57 AM   #14

May 2010

Quick question: how much does it weigh? I'm about to order this + The Dark Kinght on BD from Amazon, and I need to know how much will they weight since I'm charged tax depending on their weight.

Thanks
Old 05-20-2010, 02:06 AM   #15
Power Member

Jul 2009
Bayonne, NJ, USA

This set goes for $199.99 at my local Blockbuster. Crazy bastards
Hello Everynyan! How are you, fine thank you.
Old 05-20-2010, 02:39 AM   #16
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2009
Trapped on the Death Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiyo_chichi View Post
What a bargain!
"You might not be able to fight like a samurai, but you can at least die like a samurai." O-Ren Ishii

PSN: Emperor_Keyser
Old 05-20-2010, 02:42 AM   #17

May 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiyo_chichi View Post
Sounds like you're from a country with a considerably high tax... where are you from? lol
Old 05-20-2010, 02:44 AM   #18

Apr 2009
Madison, WI

Quote:
Quick question: how much does it weigh? I'm about to order this + The Dark Kinght on BD from Amazon, and I need to know how much will they weight since I'm charged tax depending on their weight.

Thanks
It should say in the product description section.
Old 05-20-2010, 02:51 AM   #19

May 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squall835 View Post
It should say in the product description section.
Couldn't find that information on the Amazon page...

Also, should I worry that it says 6 discs instead of 7?
Old 05-20-2010, 03:35 AM   #20

May 2010

I'm Blu now! my first BD purchase is on it's way from Amazon!

I just hope I don't have to pay tax lol

PS: Thanks to all of you who helped with your replies, thanks to you now I owe the bank $100.80 =P lol

Last edited by DarkPGR; 05-20-2010 at 03:38 AM.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America