Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Minority Report (Blu-ray)
$7.88
Mad Men: The Final Season, Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Woodstock: 3 Days of Peace & Music (Blu-ray)
$17.99
West Side Story (Blu-ray)
$14.98
Attack on Titan Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$24.98
Chucky: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$31.99
Masterpiece: Downton Abbey Seasons 1 - 4 (Blu-ray)
$44.99
Ghostbusters 1 & 2 (Blu-ray)
$15.95
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$57.99
The Simpsons: The Seventeenth Season (Blu-ray)
$29.96
Dragon Ball Z: Season 7 (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Oblivion (Blu-ray)
$9.99
The Tim Burton Collection (Blu-ray)
$26.49
Game of Thrones: Complete Seasons 1-2 (Blu-ray)
$72.99
A Certain Scientific Railgun: Complete Season 1 (Blu-ray)
$34.99
What Dreams May Come (Blu-ray)
$7.21
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Television

Old 05-28-2010, 04:53 PM   #21
Banned

Oct 2008
Western Washington

Hey guys, today the official 3:26 extended preview for Nikita hit the web. So check it out, as it looks much better than that initial clip we watched during upfronts.
Old 07-26-2010, 05:59 PM   #22
Banned

Oct 2008
Western Washington

Old 07-27-2010, 02:11 PM   #23

Feb 2009
Greater Los Angeles Metroplex

Having seen the pilot at Comic-Con, the show does look promising, although, as noted, being on the same night as Vampire Diaries, the network's target demographic may be skewing younger (older teens, young adults) and ever so slightly female (girl power).
Some people dream in black-and-white,
And others dream in color.
But when I see you in my sleep,
My dreams are sweet-and-sour.
Old 07-27-2010, 04:46 PM   #24
Blu-ray Knight

Aug 2009
Boston suburbs

Based solely on the preview, I'm not sold (keeping in mind that I enjoyed Maggie Q's past film work, the original movie and was an absolute diehard fan of the television series La Femme Nikita with Peta Wilson); something (may be plural) is not working for me with this reboot, and I can't put my finger on it. The dialogue and its delivery in the preview didn't work for me, and even though both series were filmed in Toronto, the successor has a decidedly stronger North American vibe, not a positive in my book.

I am willing to give the pilot a look, but I am apprehensive about its viability.
PSN/Battlelog/Xbox Live: ▌۩▐ PrivatePixel
Pioneer Elite || Definitive Technology

"Man is a credulous animal, and must believe something; in the absence of good grounds for belief, he will be satisfied with bad ones." - Bertrand Russell
Old 07-27-2010, 04:52 PM   #25
Banned

Oct 2008
Western Washington

Quote:
Originally Posted by primitiveskin View Post
Having seen the pilot at Comic-Con, the show does look promising, although, as noted, being on the same night as Vampire Diaries, the network's target demographic may be skewing younger (older teens, young adults) and ever so slightly female (girl power).
Well the entire CW network only has one demographic and it's all teenage girls. I love Supernatural it's always been one of my favorite shows, but they didn't originally cast Jensen and Jared based on their acting abilities lol, those are some mandsome dudes .
Old 07-27-2010, 09:08 PM   #26

Feb 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyldeMan45 View Post
But the original show aired on USA so that alone means you where a fan, haha. You love everything USA. But Maggie Q is hot, so I'm in. The CW is REALLY hoping this show takes off because they just moved Supernatural for it's final season to Friday nights and gave it's primetime Thursday at 9 p.m. slot to Nikita following the CW's biggest hit Vampire Diaries. So they must have faith in launching this into a big hit as well.
Actually, it's Smallville that's in its final season. Sera Gamble has taken over showrunner duties from Eric Kripke on Supernatural, so there's probably some life left in the old girl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrivatePixel View Post
Based solely on the preview, I'm not sold (keeping in mind that I enjoyed Maggie Q's past film work, the original movie and was an absolute diehard fan of the television series La Femme Nikita with Peta Wilson); something (may be plural) is not working for me with this reboot, and I can't put my finger on it. The dialogue and its delivery in the preview didn't work for me, and even though both series were filmed in Toronto, the successor has a decidedly stronger North American vibe, not a positive in my book.

I am willing to give the pilot a look, but I am apprehensive about its viability.
It may be that people will have to watch the pilot all the way through to its ending to decide if they've achieved buy-in for Nikita and are willing to tune in week after week.
Old 07-27-2010, 10:22 PM   #27

Feb 2009

Quote:
Well the entire CW network only has one demographic and it's all teenage girls. I love Supernatural it's always been one of my favorite shows, but they didn't originally cast Jensen and Jared based on their acting abilities lol, those are some mandsome dudes .
To clarify my comment about the show's target demographic, I should have made reference to the fact that
[Show spoiler]they've got a whole secret, underground complex stockpiled to the rafters with pretty-young-thing covert operatives, both male and female. Oddly enough, the "Cleaners" on the show, and management, appear to be the only older characters working at Division.
Old 08-27-2010, 09:54 PM   #28
Banned

Oct 2008
Western Washington

I grew up watching movies with Christina Ricci and Devon Sawa. I still see her off and on, and wonder now and again whatever happened to Devon. Well hell he's finally making a comeback, I will be looking forward to this.

Quote:
Good news TV fans! The CW's Nikita, one of my fave new shows of the fall season, is getting even sexier.

(You didn't think it was possible, did you, what with Maggie Q already being so fierce and gorgeous as a rogue operative fighting conspiracies and criminals?)

We've got the exclusive scoop on a new character who will be battling our heroine, and can reveal that Nikita's new nemesis is...

Devon Sawa, whom you might remember from the original Final Destination movie. Devon is set to play the role of Owen beginning on episode five of Nikita, which airs Oct. 7. Owen is described as "a highly trained Division agent who is equal to Nikita in skill."

Nikita premieres two weeks from tonight at 9 p.m. on the CW. Will you be watching?
Old 09-10-2010, 01:55 AM   #29
Blu-ray Champion

Jul 2007
The Arctic circle

Oh my god. This had the WORST sound mix I've ever heard in a tv show. I couldn't even get past ten minutes. There was blazing loud pop music, obnoxious bass beats and extremly low everything else. And the guy trying to be Christain Bale needs to GO. Couldn't understand anything.

Not mention the fast paced cut editing. One second Nikita's talking, then some Alex chick is getting initiated, then Nikita is on a mission, but it's really a dream, then she meets some dude who may be her dad, but then throws him across a room with a flick of a wrist. That's as far as I got.
"Swear to me. Swear to me that everything you said was true!"

Top 3(No Order):
1. The Last of Us
2. Persona 3 FES
3. Resident Evil: Remake
Old 09-10-2010, 02:35 AM   #30
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2007
Over The State Line

Alot of surprises in the first episode, I hope they have a lot more in store has the series progress....I will give it a few more episode before I decide what to do...

Like...Maggie

Hate....Mike
MOE
Old 09-10-2010, 12:00 PM   #31
Expert Member

Aug 2008

So far it's not anywhere close to be as good as the original series "La Femme Nikita" but it did have a couple of interesting moments. I'm afraid it'll be like the Bionic Woman series remake though. I kept thinking as I watched last nights premiere that Maggie Q just looked to skinny for the part, and the guy in the hot tub was siting next to at least one babe that was twice as hot as Nikita despite the sexy swim suit Nikita was wearing. I will say Nikita (Maggie) does look good walking away. I'll give it a shot. The young girl Alex I like, but the charicters seem too young for this. The guy on his first mission seemed a bit week, to small to take seriously. I just can't see him as a spy or assassin.
My System: Pioneer Elite Pro 111FD, Dish 722VIP DVR, PlayStation 3 (60GB), X-Box 360 Resident Evil 5 Elite Red, Onkyo Tx-nr709, Martin Logan Motion 12's, Oppo 983H, Logitech PS3 Adapter, Monster HDP 2500, Monster AVS 2000, Logitech Harmony One! It all Rocks!

My Blu-Ray wish list: Time Machine, Cyborg, the Sword and the Sorcerer, Dreamcatcher, Storm of the Century

Movies to see: I' Frankenstein, 47 Ronin

Last edited by jlaavenger; 09-10-2010 at 06:50 PM.
Old 09-10-2010, 02:27 PM   #32

Feb 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlaavenger View Post
So far it's not anywhere close to be as good as the original series "La Femme Nikita" but it did have a couple of interesting moments. I'm afraid it'll be like the Bionic Woman series remake though. I kept thinking as I watched last nights premiere that Maggie Q just looked to skinny for the part, and the guy in the hot tub was siting next to at least one babe that was twice as hot as Nikita despite the sexy swim suit Nikita was wearing. I will say Nikita (Maggie) does look good walking away. I'll give it a shoot. The young girl Alex I like, but the charicters seem too young for this. The guy on his first mission seemed a bit week, to small to take seriously. I just can't see him as a spy or assassin.
In what way does Nikita remind you of the Bionic Woman remake, because that show had oodles of problems, such as:
  • Mae Whitman's deaf sister role was recast with Lucy Hale, who could hear, and at times seemed like she was about to break out as some kind of super-hacker.
  • I believe that the show runner got replaced about three or four episodes in, so storylines got dropped and episodes just meandered.
  • The Writers' Strike sure didn't help.

The things that you specifically mentioned are valid points, but they have more to do with your suspension of disbelief, so either you'll be able to get there, or you'll just be saying bye-bye to Nikita.
Old 09-10-2010, 03:55 PM   #33
Banned

Oct 2008
Western Washington

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlaavenger View Post
I kept thinking as I watched last nights premiere that Maggie Q just looked to skinny for the part, and the guy in the hot tub was siting next to at least one babe that was twice as hot as Nikita despite the sexy swim suit Nikita was wearing. I will say Nikita (Maggie) does look good walking away. I'll give it a shoot. The young girl Alex I like, but the charicters seem too young for this. The guy on his first mission seemed a bit week, to small to take seriously. I just can't see him as a spy or assassin.
She may be skinny but damn did she really look good from the back in that little red bikini.

Alex is Lyndsey Fonseca from Kick-Ass and How I Met Your Mother. She's pretty easy on the eyes as well.

The guy on the mission is Ashton Holmes, who I really liked in History of Violence and most recently The Pacific. He is a good actor and I think you underestimate him. Woman are spies and assassins, so physical strength doesn't have to be an important aspect when you're drugging someone from behind, or looking at them through a scope. Guns can't tell how much you weigh.
Old 09-10-2010, 06:46 PM   #34
Blu-ray Champion

Jul 2007
The Arctic circle

Anybody else have sound problems? I may have to consult my cable provider.

Also, no CW HD? WTF?

Top 3(No Order):
1. The Last of Us
2. Persona 3 FES
Old 09-10-2010, 07:01 PM   #35
Banned

Oct 2008
Western Washington

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamma626 View Post
Anybody else have sound problems? I may have to consult my cable provider.

Also, no CW HD? WTF?
I didn't notice any sound issues, and I'm pretty sure mine was in HD as well. Everything on the CW is HD for me.
Old 09-10-2010, 07:01 PM   #36
Expert Member

Aug 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by primitiveskin View Post
In what way does Nikita remind you of the Bionic Woman remake, because that show had oodles of problems, such as:
  • Mae Whitman's deaf sister role was recast with Lucy Hale, who could hear, and at times seemed like she was about to break out as some kind of super-hacker.
  • I believe that the show runner got replaced about three or four episodes in, so storylines got dropped and episodes just meandered.
  • The Writers' Strike sure didn't help.

The things that you specifically mentioned are valid points, but they have more to do with your suspension of disbelief, so either you'll be able to get there, or you'll just be saying bye-bye to Nikita.
I watched every episode of the new Bionic Woman but it never became something I couldn't wait to see again. I gave it a chance but I think I'd have preferred it and Nikita, be an extension of the original shows or totally new altogether. With Bionic Woman I'd rather her name not have been Jamie Sommers, but something new and original, and with Nikita I found myself thinking what if we found that Nikita was a name Division had used 10 years ago and the Peta Wilson character wasn't forgotten or re-imagined. Hmm. I loved the originals, but I'll give it a chance, she does look good from behind.
My System: Pioneer Elite Pro 111FD, Dish 722VIP DVR, PlayStation 3 (60GB), X-Box 360 Resident Evil 5 Elite Red, Onkyo Tx-nr709, Martin Logan Motion 12's, Oppo 983H, Logitech PS3 Adapter, Monster HDP 2500, Monster AVS 2000, Logitech Harmony One! It all Rocks!

My Blu-Ray wish list: Time Machine, Cyborg, the Sword and the Sorcerer, Dreamcatcher, Storm of the Century

Movies to see: I' Frankenstein, 47 Ronin

Last edited by jlaavenger; 09-10-2010 at 07:04 PM.
Old 09-10-2010, 07:06 PM   #37
Blu-ray Champion

Jul 2007
The Arctic circle

Nothing is HD from CW for me. What's your provider?

The music was just to loud I couldn't hear the dialogue.

Top 3(No Order):
1. The Last of Us
2. Persona 3 FES
Old 09-10-2010, 07:18 PM   #38
Banned

Oct 2008
Western Washington

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamma626 View Post
Nothing is HD from CW for me. What's your provider?

The music was just to loud I couldn't hear the dialogue.
I have DirecTV and get Supernatural, Vampire Diaries and Nikita in 1080i. I assume the rest of their shows are HD feed for me as well. They switched to an HD during early last year around Spring. But actually come to think of it Smallville was the only show i think that wasn't in HD as of earlier this year, odd.

The music was never loud enough to drown out any dialogue for me.
Old 09-10-2010, 09:33 PM   #39

Feb 2009

Quote:
I have DirecTV and get Supernatural, Vampire Diaries and Nikita in 1080i. I assume the rest of their shows are HD feed for me as well. They switched to an HD during early last year around Spring. But actually come to think of it Smallville was the only show i think that wasn't in HD as of earlier this year, odd.

The music was never loud enough to drown out any dialogue for me.
I also have DirecTV, and with regards to Smallville, I'm not sure when it was, but I recall that for awhile I was getting an HD picture, however, there wasn't an active Dolby Digital 5.1 soundtrack. Instead, I was just getting stereo which my receiver was matrixing to surround sound.
Old 09-10-2010, 09:39 PM   #40
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2007
Over The State Line

I have Direct TV here in PA and all of CW is in HD here...there was no sound problem for me during Nikita except the loud music that was mention
MOE
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Television