Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Chuck: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$66.91
Minority Report (Blu-ray)
$7.88
28 Days Later / 28 Weeks Later (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Prom Night (Blu-ray)
$15.25
Psycho (Blu-ray)
$10.98
The Hunt (Blu-ray)
$11.49
$11.81
Willow (Blu-ray)
$10.01
Star Trek: The Compendium (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Mad Men: The Final Season, Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Attack on Titan Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$24.96
2012 (Blu-ray)
$7.88
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$54.99
Masterpiece: Downton Abbey Seasons 1 - 4 (Blu-ray)
$44.99
Lifeforce (Blu-ray)
$14.59
Ghost in the Shell (Blu-ray)
$18.99
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 06-01-2010, 08:02 PM   #1

Apr 2010
Daytona Beach FL
Send a message via AIM to MacinMan Send a message via MSN to MacinMan Send a message via Yahoo to MacinMan
Default Went ahead and upgraded to the ultimate Matrix collection

Yesterday I had posted that I found the matrix in the blu-ray jacket at walmart for $15, I had originally planned on getting the three movies separately but I didn't see them separate.

So i bought the box set for $99 at best buy. I know online is cheaper, but I still feel safer buying locally in some cases. They also had the pirates of the caribian trilogy box set but I decided to get the matrix first then maybe replace those later. I am updating my library slowly to blu-ray from DVD.

Considering I own all three matrix movies and don't dislike any of them, i figured i'd buy the box set as they don't have them separate. pirates i can do it either way. but i think i'd watch the matrix more.
Old 06-01-2010, 08:12 PM   #2

Oct 2009

$99!!

i got mine for $20
Like Short Film? Join the CineMe Facebook <-Click
Old 06-01-2010, 08:16 PM   #3
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2008

lol!!
Old 06-01-2010, 08:16 PM   #4
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2009
T.O.

wow thats expensive man, i bought mine brand new for $50 i think, i went to the flea market and bought batman anthology and matrix set for $100 total

so yikessss, if u havent opened it, then return it, and look around
382 BLUS
TV: Sony KDS 55A2020
Receiver: Yamaha HTR 6063
Speakers: x3 Boston Acoustics CS 26, x2 Energy C-200, x2 PA HDS10 Subs
Sources: Panasonic BDP 65, 120gb PS3 slim, Toshiba 1080p DVD, Bell HD SAT
Protection: Monster HDP 1800

EVIL TROY AND EVIL ABED! CRUEL, CRUEL CRUEL CRUEL!
Old 06-01-2010, 08:19 PM   #5
Blu-ray Prince

May 2010
Mississippi, U.S.A. DigiBooks-------------------------->88 SteelBooks™--------->127 UV-------->264

Paid $19.95 for mine and all I had to was mail in my Matrix Revolutions HD DVD cover, which I promptly reprinted.
Old 06-01-2010, 08:25 PM   #6
Michael Bay's #1 Fan

Aug 2008
Wisconsin PSNetwork: Blu-Benny

Like the others have said op…..return it if u haven’t opened it and get it online.

There are a lot of better prices out there…esp. since the set has been out for almost 2 years now.
Blu-Benny’s 7.2 HT @ a Glance:
Display: Panasonic TC-P50U2 • Receiver: Onkyo TX-NR818 • Blu-Ray Player: Panasonic DMP-BD65 • Gaming: PS3 Slim 160 gb • Center Channel: JBL LC2 • Fronts: JBL L890 • Mid’s & Rears: JBL L810 • Subs: SVS SB-2000

"Losers always whine about their best......winners go home and f**k the prom queen!!"
Old 06-01-2010, 08:49 PM   #7

Apr 2010
Daytona Beach FL
Send a message via AIM to MacinMan Send a message via MSN to MacinMan Send a message via Yahoo to MacinMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippyfan View Post
$99!!

i got mine for $20
I have no idea how best buy bases their pricing, i wonder if it's location based.

stuff like blu-ray players and other electronic devices seem to be pretty universally priced, but with dvds, blu-rays etc it seems like the prices jump up and down. Especially with box sets. At least i was able to pay a good part with graduation gift money o technically only $60 came out of my own money which amazon sells it for $73 Unless Florida generally has a generally higher price for discs then other places who knows.
Old 06-01-2010, 08:55 PM   #8

Apr 2010
Daytona Beach FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman_mw21 View Post
wow thats expensive man, i bought mine brand new for $50 i think, i went to the flea market and bought batman anthology and matrix set for $100 total

so yikessss, if u havent opened it, then return it, and look around
Well I've opened it already since I don't usually buy box sets often i'm not familiar with the usual price range. I do know it's not uncommon to find box sets at best buy for $70 to $100 as far as buying online I usually have only bought electronically on line e.g. software licenses. I hear a lot of mixed things about amazon some good and some bad so i still tend to buy my movies locally.
Old 06-01-2010, 08:55 PM   #9
Michael Bay's #1 Fan

Aug 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacinMan View Post
I have no idea how best buy bases their pricing, i wonder if it's location based.

stuff like blu-ray players and other electronic devices seem to be pretty universally priced, but with dvds, blu-rays etc it seems like the prices jump up and down. Especially with box sets. At least i was able to pay a good part with graduation gift money o technically only $60 came out of my own money which amazon sells it for $73 Unless Florida generally has a generally higher price for discs then other places who knows.
Typically best buy across the country will have the same prices.

The $20 version people are getting from the UK.
Display: Panasonic TC-P50U2 • Receiver: Onkyo TX-NR818 • Blu-Ray Player: Panasonic DMP-BD65 • Gaming: PS3 Slim 160 gb • Center Channel: JBL LC2 • Fronts: JBL L890 • Mid’s & Rears: JBL L810 • Subs: SVS SB-2000

"Losers always whine about their best......winners go home and f**k the prom queen!!"
Old 06-01-2010, 09:04 PM   #10

Apr 2010
Daytona Beach FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu-Benny View Post
Typically best buy across the country will have the same prices.

The $20 version people are getting from the UK.
Oh i wanted to add while i may have not gotten this collection at the cheapest deal I could have. As a professional in videon/TV/film etc many tools i will have to purchases in the future will be much more expensive then the average consumer will want to spend. Also I exclusively use Macs for work and every day use. So we all know Macs and apple hardware aren't cheap. I'm just saying in comparison even $100 for a box set of blu-rays is cheap compared to a $1500 computer or more.
Old 06-01-2010, 09:07 PM   #11
Blu-ray Baron

Apr 2009
Out there...past the trees...

I'd say, if you love the movies and plan on watching them often, then the price is justified. Hope you get your money's worth (I was happy enough paying $52).

I'd also stick with the US version, since it has the "Animatrix" in full 1080p included.

....there is no spoon.
Old 06-01-2010, 09:07 PM   #12
Blu-ray Prince

May 2010
Mississippi, U.S.A. DigiBooks-------------------------->88 SteelBooks™--------->127 UV-------->264

Quote:
Oh i wanted to add while i may have not gotten this collection at the cheapest deal I could have. As a professional in videon/TV/film etc many tools i will have to purchases in the future will be much more expensive then the average consumer will want to spend. Also I exclusively use Macs for work and every day use. So we all know Macs and apple hardware aren't cheap. I'm just saying in comparison even $100 for a box set of blu-rays is cheap compared to a $1500 computer or more.
There's always eBay.
Old 06-01-2010, 09:08 PM   #13
Banned

Jun 2010

Quote:
So i bought the box set for $99 at best buy.
Dude
Old 06-01-2010, 09:11 PM   #14
Blu-ray Guru

May 2008
Illinois

Quote:
Yesterday I had posted that I found the matrix in the blu-ray jacket at walmart for $15, I had originally planned on getting the three movies separately but I didn't see them separate.

So i bought the box set for $99 at best buy. I know online is cheaper, but I still feel safer buying locally in some cases. They also had the pirates of the caribian trilogy box set but I decided to get the matrix first then maybe replace those later. I am updating my library slowly to blu-ray from DVD.

Considering I own all three matrix movies and don't dislike any of them, i figured i'd buy the box set as they don't have them separate. pirates i can do it either way. but i think i'd watch the matrix more.

Shopping online is perfectly safe! 80% of my collection is from Amazon alone!
Old 06-01-2010, 09:15 PM   #15

Apr 2010
Daytona Beach FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_The_Strange View Post
I'd say, if you love the movies and plan on watching them often, then the price is justified. Hope you get your money's worth (I was happy enough paying $52).

I'd also stick with the US version, since it has the "Animatrix" in full 1080p included.

....there is no spoon.
is the non us version what people got for $20? i'm confused here, why would someone from america be buying from the UK ? when there is a us version of the movies presently available ? Anyway I have decided to start saving on movies and got a netflix account, problem is they don't have everything i want in HD or not streaming etc.
Old 06-01-2010, 09:19 PM   #16
Michael Bay's #1 Fan

Aug 2008

Quote:
is the non us version what people got for $20? i'm confused here, why would someone from america be buying from the UK ? when there is a us version of the movies presently available ? Anyway I have decided to start saving on movies and got a netflix account, problem is they don't have everything i want in HD or not streaming etc.
i believe it's the same transfer, has the same extras and audio as well just doesn't have the animatrix.

Old 06-01-2010, 09:22 PM   #17

Apr 2010
Daytona Beach FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu-Benny View Post
i believe it's the same transfer, has the same extras and audio as well just doesn't have the animatrix.
Ahh then you just stated the value i put into this version. I've never seen the anamatrix nor the matrix revisited both things are supposed to be included in this set. I've heard of the animatrix but never saw it so really i'm getting a bunch of footage and apparently a whole couple of movies i haven't seen past the trilogy in buying this version.
Old 06-01-2010, 09:24 PM   #18
Blu-ray Baron

Apr 2009

Quote:
Yeah, Blu-Benny says they're from the UK. Some folks import movies for various reasons (price, different editions, etc). Some folks also don't mind that the "Matrix" box set is only for the trilogy and not with the "Animatrix;" some folks don't even want the extra disc. I know any Amazon site can ship to the US or anywhere else in the world, but with different shipping costs. It all depends on how particular a buyer is.

Netflix is worthwhile. Returning and buying the "Matrix" set elsewhere would be cheaper too, but I'd still say keep it if you're happy with it and have the money to spare.
Old 06-01-2010, 09:25 PM   #19
Blu-ray Baron

Apr 2009

Quote:
Ahh then you just stated the value i put into this version. I've never seen the anamatrix nor the matrix revisited both things are supposed to be included in this set. I've heard of the animatrix but never saw it so really i'm getting a bunch of footage and apparently a whole couple of movies i haven't seen past the trilogy in buying this version.
Yep, the US box has more.
Old 06-01-2010, 09:28 PM   #20
Blu-ray Guru

May 2008
Illinois

Quote:
Ahh then you just stated the value i put into this version. I've never seen the anamatrix nor the matrix revisited both things are supposed to be included in this set.
99.99 divided by 4 equals 24.9975. Basically you payed $25 for each movie. Amazon has it for $71.99. That would equal $18 for each movie which is much better. Hell if you just wait a week or so Amazon might have it as Deal of the Day for much less than that.

You way overpayed for that, my friend.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America