COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Other Woman (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase One - Avengers Assembled (Blu-ray)
$119.99
The Allman Brothers Band: The 1971 Fillmore East Recordings (Blu-ray)
$68.86
The Walking Dead: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Fargo: Season One (Blu-ray)
$39.99
Sons of Anarchy: Season Six (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Babette's Feast (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug (Blu-ray)
$19.96
Armored Attack! (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Tie Me Up! Tie Me Down! (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Ace in the Hole (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Fault in Our Stars (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Love Streams (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Okami-San & Her Seven Companions: Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$26.78
Moms' Night Out (Blu-ray)
$16.99
True Romance (Blu-ray)
$4.75
HD Aviation: 100 Years of Flight (Blu-ray)
$11.68
Only Lovers Left Alive (Blu-ray)
$23.59
The Musketeers: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$22.99

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > Sports

Old 06-10-2010, 10:06 PM   #21
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2009
Daytona Beach, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatediesel View Post
I have no idea if there's any truth to this, but KCTV in Kansas City is reporting that Texas and Texas A&M have petitioned the Big 10 for an invite, and Oklahoma is trying to get an invite to the SEC, but they need to find another team to bring with them, as Oklahoma State is likely going to accept the Pac 10s invitation. The Big 10 would take Texas and Texas A&M in a heartbeat, and probably stop there for expansion unless they could get Notre Dame. I really don't know if the SEC would take Oklahoma. They are already stacked, does it make sense to bring in another powerhouse?

http://www.kctv5.com/sports/23860558/detail.html
Texas and Texas A&M just seems like a weird fit for the Big 10. But in any case it would be a big boon for the Big 10.

Oklahoma also seems like a good fit for the SEC. But ya, just imagine if you're Alabama or Florida who already has an incredibly difficult schedule in the SEC every year. Now they'd have to play Oklahoma and maybe another powerhouse in that schedule. It would make going undefeated nearly impossible.

Last edited by ChadFL; 06-10-2010 at 10:10 PM.
Old 06-10-2010, 10:39 PM   #22

Jul 2007
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatediesel View Post
I have no idea if there's any truth to this, but KCTV in Kansas City is reporting that Texas and Texas A&M have petitioned the Big 10 for an invite, and Oklahoma is trying to get an invite to the SEC, but they need to find another team to bring with them, as Oklahoma State is likely going to accept the Pac 10s invitation. The Big 10 would take Texas and Texas A&M in a heartbeat, and probably stop there for expansion unless they could get Notre Dame. I really don't know if the SEC would take Oklahoma. They are already stacked, does it make sense to bring in another powerhouse?

http://www.kctv5.com/sports/23860558/detail.html
bring 'em on
also Lousiville would be a nice addition for basketball but who knows right now what all will happen

if this realignment kills the NCAA and BCS I'm all for it!!!!!!!
Old 06-11-2010, 05:04 PM   #23
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2008
Pennsylvania, USA

I just saw on ESPN the Boise State is accepting an invitation to join the Mountain West. I'm very happy to see that, they deserve a much better conference than the WAC.
Old 06-11-2010, 07:00 PM   #24
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2009
Daytona Beach, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moviefan1203 View Post
I just saw on ESPN the Boise State is accepting an invitation to join the Mountain West. I'm very happy to see that, they deserve a much better conference than the WAC.
That is great news. It's not a huge step up but still a step up.

Surprisingly there are still major conference schools willing to play Boise St. They have tough non-conference games against Virginia tech and Oregon St. this upcoming season. If they did run the table again this year they'd have a better chance than ever at a national title game given the more difficult schedule than usual.
Old 06-11-2010, 07:12 PM   #25
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2009
Daytona Beach, FL

I'm curious to see what becomes of the ACC. That conference has been on a downward spiral for some time. I'd keep an eye on the two major Florida schools Miami and Florida St. Both have been losing out in the recruiting war to the Gators in recent years because prize recruits would rather play in the superior SEC. Wonder if they'll push hard for a switch to the SEC.
Old 06-11-2010, 07:16 PM   #26
Blu-ray Baron

Nov 2007
Iowa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadFL View Post
I'm curious to see what becomes of the ACC. That conference has been on a downward spiral for some time. I'd keep an eye on the two major Florida schools Miami and Florida St. Both have been losing out in the recruiting war to the Gators in recent years because prize recruits would rather play in the superior SEC. Wonder if they'll push hard for a switch to the SEC.
I don't see anything happening to the ACC unless the Big 10 and Pac 10 both go to 16 teams. Florida would fight hard if the SEC considered Miami or Florida State because like you said, one of Florida's greatest recruiting advantages over the 2 is that it plays in the SEC. Similarly, Georgia would fight hard if the SEC considered Georgia Tech, and South Carolina would fight if Clemson was considered. I don't see the SEC expanding anyway unless it's into areas where they don't have teams like Texas and/or Texas or Oklahoma.
Old 06-11-2010, 07:24 PM   #27
Blu-ray Archduke

Mar 2007

Quote:
I think allot of the coaches got to comfortable with their jobs, the pressure just isn't their for most of them, that the most of the ACC fan base warrants, my case being maryland the fridge after making the orange bowl never went above that instead they got sedentary and just continued a downward spiral until mediocrity became a hope after last seasons disaster.

You would never see Bama, or Florida, or Georgia settle for what some of the ACC athletic departments settle for. I mean jeez Richt is a beast and allot of Georgia fans seem to want him gone I can't even get a under 500 coach gone
Because it's easier to have courage from a safe distance away.

Last edited by supersix4; 06-11-2010 at 07:29 PM.
Old 06-11-2010, 07:41 PM   #28
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2007
Dayton,Ohio

Looks like Nebraska to the Big 10 is official

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=5276551
Old 06-11-2010, 08:56 PM   #29
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2007

I still think its a huge mistake for them.

If you remember Arkansas used to be in the Southwestern Conference.

Outside of Arkansas the majority of their recruits came from Texas. Then they moved to the SEC, and they've always been kind of an outsider, AND they lost the meat of their recruiters because all of the Texas folks went elsewhere, so they've never been as good as they were.

I see the same thing happening to Nebraska, unless the rumor about Texas and Texas A&M to the Big 10 were true. Outside of Nebraska, they get the majority of their recruits from Texas, and I really don't think they'll have much sway in the Big 10.

I guess if being richer but with no hope of being a national champion is your goal, Nebraska made the right call.
Old 06-11-2010, 09:10 PM   #30
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2009
Daytona Beach, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terjyn View Post
I still think its a huge mistake for them.

If you remember Arkansas used to be in the Southwestern Conference.

Outside of Arkansas the majority of their recruits came from Texas. Then they moved to the SEC, and they've always been kind of an outsider, AND they lost the meat of their recruiters because all of the Texas folks went elsewhere, so they've never been as good as they were.

I see the same thing happening to Nebraska, unless the rumor about Texas and Texas A&M to the Big 10 were true. Outside of Nebraska, they get the majority of their recruits from Texas, and I really don't think they'll have much sway in the Big 10.

I guess if being richer but with no hope of being a national champion is your goal, Nebraska made the right call.
Well the Big 10 certainly is overrated in football given how much press it gets. The Big 10 has exactly 1 national championship in the past 12 seasons. And that 1 title came thanks to the "flag from the heavens" in 2002. The SEC has 5 national champions in that same time frame. Doubt Nebraska will make that conference any more relevant.
Old 06-11-2010, 11:18 PM   #31
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2007

Quote:
Well the Big 10 certainly is overrated in football given how much press it gets. The Big 10 has exactly 1 national championship in the past 12 seasons. And that 1 title came thanks to the "flag from the heavens" in 2002. The SEC has 5 national champions in that same time frame. Doubt Nebraska will make that conference any more relevant.
Right. It's largely been viewed as the Big-12 being the second best conference the last few years and Nebraska hasn't really been a part of that equation.

If Texas + Oklahoma go combined to any conference, that conference will undoubtedly be viewed as being "better" than the Big 10.

I'm probably just bitter, because I'm a Big 8/12 alumnus and don't like to see Nebraska leave. Especially not for the Big 10, which is somewhat hated in Big 8/12 mid-western territory.
Old 06-11-2010, 11:32 PM   #32
Blu-ray Guru

Mar 2008
St Louis Area

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meathead View Post
bring 'em on
also Lousiville would be a nice addition for basketball but who knows right now what all will happen

if this realignment kills the NCAA and BCS I'm all for it!!!!!!!
I would rather grab Kansas out of the 12 for the SEC, their football is better these last few years and their basketball is of course great.

As a Tennessee fan, I want the SEC to have the best competition possible, that way no one can deny that it is and always will be the best conference. If that Oklahoma rumor is true I love it.
If I go missing for a time, fear not, I am traveling with The Doctor. The 11th Doctor, Matt Smith.

Twitter: @freenumber6
Old 06-11-2010, 11:35 PM   #33
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2007

Does anyone know what happens to the BCS agreement if the Big 12 dissolves?

Can they step in immediately and do something or does the current contract have to expire?

Is it possible they'll replace the Big 12 with the Mountain West conference?
Old 06-11-2010, 11:43 PM   #34
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2008

The BCS is about to be history thank god, 4 super conferences at 16 teams each. I am hoping that texas and texas A&M join the Big 10, but Delany is a idiot and word has it the SEC made a bid today for Texas Texas A&M and Oklahoma. The Big East has apparently also told Notre Dame today that they either bring there football program in or they are kicking everything else, this helps the Big 10 in there quest for Notre Dame. Missouri has also been put on the back burner since the Texas thing which if the Big 10 is smart they will snatch them up in a second. Things are looking very interesting here.

I know there is talk of a East West Division for the Big 10 should they Goto 16 teams

The West I can see as Iowa, Texas, Texas A&M, Nebraska, Minnesota, Notre Dame, Illinois and Indiana

The East Purdue MSU Michigan Ohio State Penn State Wisconsin Syracuse or Rutgers or Pitt
Old 06-11-2010, 11:45 PM   #35
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2009
Daytona Beach, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terjyn View Post
Does anyone know what happens to the BCS agreement if the Big 12 dissolves?

Can they step in immediately and do something or does the current contract have to expire?

Is it possible they'll replace the Big 12 with the Mountain West conference?
There is going to be a HUGE amount of pressure for the BCS to change it's formula. My understanding is that if the Pac-10 expands to becoming the Pac-16 they plan on petitioning the BCS committe in order to guarantee two automatic invites for their conference each year. One invite for each of the two 8-team divisions they will have.

I'm sure other conferences will do the same if they accepy many more top-notch schools.

In football a realignment is HUGE. But for basketball it's realy not all that big of a deal since you have a 64 team tournament and all the good teams get in anyway.
Old 06-11-2010, 11:46 PM   #36
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2009
Daytona Beach, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3P0 View Post
The BCS is about to be history thank god, 4 super conferences at 16 teams each. I am hoping that texas and texas A&M join the Big 10, but Delany is a idiot and word has it the SEC made a bid today for Texas Texas A&M and Oklahoma. The Big East has apparently also told Notre Dame today that they either bring there football program in or they are kicking everything else, this helps the Big 10 in there quest for Notre Dame. Missouri has also been put on the back burner since the Texas thing which if the Big 10 is smart they will snatch them up in a second. Things are looking very interesting here.

I know there is talk of a East West Division for the Big 10 should they Goto 16 teams

The West I can see as Iowa, Texas, Texas A&M, Nebraska, Minnesota, Notre Dame, Illinois and Indiana

The East Purdue MSU Michigan Ohio State Penn State Wisconsin Syracuse or Rutgers or Pitt
Well now I'm hearing rumors that Texas A&M is considering the SEC. Might be just another rumor. There are endless rumors floating around at the moment. But if the SEC did offer A&M a spot I imagine they also offered Texas a spot.
Old 06-12-2010, 12:30 AM   #37
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2007

They keep saying on the radio here in Texas that A&M is putting on a show to prove that they aren't going to be lame sheep who follows Texas wherever, but that they will probably follow Texas anyway.

It's easy to say "The BCS will change" but the current contract goes through 2014/15. That's why I'm asking, will it REALLY change or will it just slice out the Big 12 and only have 5 automatic invites? It's possible it's just not known.
Old 06-12-2010, 12:34 AM   #38
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2008

Quote:
Well now I'm hearing rumors that Texas A&M is considering the SEC. Might be just another rumor. There are endless rumors floating around at the moment. But if the SEC did offer A&M a spot I imagine they also offered Texas a spot.
Yes SEC is starting to make there push they want Texas Texas A&M and Oklahoma whoever gets those 3 will be the best conference
Old 06-12-2010, 01:11 AM   #39
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2009
Daytona Beach, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3P0 View Post
Yes SEC is starting to make there push they want Texas Texas A&M and Oklahoma whoever gets those 3 will be the best conference
True, but if the Pac-10 did steal those teams I'd expect the SEC to try and keep up by offering sports in their conference to more southeastern schools. Progreams like Virginia Tech, Miami, Florida St., Georgia Tech, etc. could be possabilities.
Old 06-12-2010, 02:45 AM   #40
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2008

Yeah but Honestly Pac-10 is not as "Big" as SEC or Big-10 they offer the most for those schools, Whoever lands Texas is pretty much landing the prom queen in this deal, Missouri is the ugly step sister in this and the Big 10 probably landed the Queens sister in getting Nebraska, not a home run by far but still the best of all the moves.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > Sports