Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Chuck: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$66.91
Minority Report (Blu-ray)
$7.88
28 Days Later / 28 Weeks Later (Blu-ray)
$7.99
The Hunt (Blu-ray)
$11.49
Willow (Blu-ray)
$10.01
Psycho (Blu-ray)
$10.98
Star Trek: The Compendium (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Mad Men: The Final Season, Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
$11.81
Attack on Titan Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$24.96
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$54.99
Masterpiece: Downton Abbey Seasons 1 - 4 (Blu-ray)
$44.99
Lifeforce (Blu-ray)
$14.59
Ghost in the Shell (Blu-ray)
$18.99
Chucky: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$31.76
Warrior (Blu-ray)
$5.00
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray > Blu-ray Players and Recorders

Old 06-11-2010, 07:50 AM   #1
Blu-ray Guru

Mar 2009
Default Samsung BD-P3600 remote code with Yamaha RAV246 Universal remote

Hello

I recently went to best buy and I found an open item samsung Blu ray player (BD-P3600) for $50, which I got, although it did not come with a remote nor manual. I tried out the codes that I used with my Yamaha RAV246 universal remote, and I found no codes that worked with it. I am having an issue with finding the code to get it to work with my new player, so I wanted to know where I could find codes that can work for it. I might end up getting a new universal remote if I can't get it to work.
Projector:Infocus X10 1080p DLP projector & DIY anamorphic lens
TV:Samsung DLP 1080p TV HL-T5676S
Receiver: Yamaha HTR-5640 AV receiver
HTPC/gaming rig
Add me on Steam: rctyke (trogdor2010)
Old 06-11-2010, 09:37 PM   #2
Blu-ray Guru

Mar 2009

*Bump*

I just ordered the original remote for this samsung player. I have to wait a week for it and paid $25 for it. The codes to work with the player would still be greatly apprieciated.
Projector:Infocus X10 1080p DLP projector & DIY anamorphic lens
TV:Samsung DLP 1080p TV HL-T5676S
Receiver: Yamaha HTR-5640 AV receiver
HTPC/gaming rig
Add me on Steam: rctyke (trogdor2010)
Old 08-01-2010, 02:04 PM   #3

Aug 2010

Good luck with this. I had the same exact experience as you, went to BBuy, found this BDP3600 and brought it home (only after bringing home a BDP4600 and having to take it back) -- both were open box/clearance.

They gave me a remote that matched the one I have with my brand new (NOT clearanced, 2 week old) Samsung 46" LCD -- just got it from Best Buy as well....
I thought the remotes would work..so I didn't say anything..but I did notice that the remote was the same before I left.

Got home, and I bought this player for my BEDROOM television -- a 42" Sanyo LCD.
But I decided to hook it up on my NEW Samsung in the den first, before I tried it in the bedroom..so I hooked it up, and it worked fine. I thought all would be good when I took it to the Sanyo to make its final home...boy was I wrong.
I took it back to the bedroom, plugged it in and the remote wouldn't respond at all. When it was in the den, it worked fine..and my TV remote (the new one) controlled everything just perfectly, and it stated some Anynet+ was on..some jazz about samsung devices working on 1 remote without programming...

But my TV in the bedroom isn't a samsung, and the Anynet+ doesn't do much for a Sanyo TV, so my TV remote doesn't go. I tried the remote that I got with the player from Best Buy, but since it was nearly a replica of my TV remote, I had low expectations. I was correct in those.

I then thought maybe programming my DirecTv remote to the BD player would work..as the buttons on the Netflix screen are colored the same as the red, green, blue and yellow buttons on the DTV remote. NO response. I'm trying to decide now if I want to drive an hour, for the 3rd time in 3 days, and take it back for yet again, SOMETHING ELSE...I'm stuck with no way to control the stupid thing unless I bring it back to my den and use it, or take my PS3 to the bedroom...which i don't want to do neither of.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray > Blu-ray Players and Recorders