COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Steven Spielberg Director's Collection (Blu-ray)
$91.99
Y Tu Mamá También (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Sons of Anarchy: Season Five (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Picnic at Hanging Rock (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Other Woman (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase One - Avengers Assembled (Blu-ray)
$119.99
Sons of Anarchy: Season Six (Blu-ray)
$29.99
The Walking Dead: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Tie Me Up! Tie Me Down! (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Black Nativity (Blu-ray)
$6.99
Stargate: The Ark of Truth / Continuum (Blu-ray)
$22.98
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug (Blu-ray)
$19.96
The Giver (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Fargo: Season One (Blu-ray)
$39.99
The Fault in Our Stars (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Babette's Feast (Blu-ray)
$19.99
WWE: The Best of RAW 2010 (Blu-ray)
$11.48
Moms' Night Out (Blu-ray)
$16.99
Armored Attack! (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray Players

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2010, 11:07 PM   #1
Propellarhead9 Propellarhead9 is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Propellarhead9's Avatar
 
Jul 2009
Jeffersonville, Indiana
8
1
1
Send a message via AIM to Propellarhead9 Send a message via Yahoo to Propellarhead9
Default Which 3D Blu-ray players feature Checkerboard output for my DLP?

Does anyone know of any 3D BD Players that output in the checkerboard pattern. I was considering getting a Mits DLP but the adapter isn't out yet.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 09:21 PM   #2
HDTV1080P HDTV1080P is online now
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Jan 2007
80
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Propellarhead9 View Post
Does anyone know of any 3D BD Players that output in the checkerboard pattern. I was considering getting a Mits DLP but the adapter isn't out yet.
"Mitsubishi and Samsung '3D capable' DLP owners can enjoy 3D Blu-ray without an adapter thanks to the Panasonic BDT300 and BDT350's checkerboard output."

http://www.electronichouse.com/article/panasonic_3d_blu-ray_players_support_3d_dlp_displays/C175
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 10:18 PM   #3
Propellarhead9 Propellarhead9 is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Propellarhead9's Avatar
 
Jul 2009
Jeffersonville, Indiana
8
1
1
Send a message via AIM to Propellarhead9 Send a message via Yahoo to Propellarhead9
Default

Cool cool thanks for the confirmation
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 11:17 PM   #4
thebat2 thebat2 is online now
Active Member
 
thebat2's Avatar
 
Jan 2008
NC
1
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Propellarhead9 View Post
Does anyone know of any 3D BD Players that output in the checkerboard pattern. I was considering getting a Mits DLP but the adapter isn't out yet.
I have a Samsung DLP and a Panasonic BDT300 and it works perfectly in 3D and looks great.
A/V Equipment
Toshiba A-35 HD-DVD Dvd Player
Mitsubishi 82" DLP 3D Television, XBOX360, Onkyo TX-SR608 7.2 Receiver Panasonic DMP-BDT320 3D BR
XBOX 360 For Games
SDVD 1578BR 1036, BR3D 91
65 HD DVD
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 11:29 PM   #5
Propellarhead9 Propellarhead9 is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Propellarhead9's Avatar
 
Jul 2009
Jeffersonville, Indiana
8
1
1
Send a message via AIM to Propellarhead9 Send a message via Yahoo to Propellarhead9
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebat2 View Post
I have a Samsung DLP and a Panasonic BDT300 and it works perfectly in 3D and looks great.
What are you using for your glasses and what stuff have you watched on it? If the checkerboard style 3D for DLP is really good. I might try to track down the 3 current 3D Blus on ebay.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 02:46 AM   #6
thebat2 thebat2 is online now
Active Member
 
thebat2's Avatar
 
Jan 2008
NC
1
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Propellarhead9 View Post
What are you using for your glasses and what stuff have you watched on it? If the checkerboard style 3D for DLP is really good. I might try to track down the 3 current 3D Blus on ebay.
I'm using Xpand X102 and Samsung SSG1000 glasses. I have Monsters VS Aliens, Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs, and the demo disc that came with the Panny player. They look really good.
A/V Equipment
Toshiba A-35 HD-DVD Dvd Player
Mitsubishi 82" DLP 3D Television, XBOX360, Onkyo TX-SR608 7.2 Receiver Panasonic DMP-BDT320 3D BR
XBOX 360 For Games
SDVD 1578BR 1036, BR3D 91
65 HD DVD
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 02:50 PM   #7
PaulGo PaulGo is offline
Special Member
 
PaulGo's Avatar
 
Aug 2007
North Potomac, MD
Default

Unfortunately Mits changed their adapter specification to make it NOT compatible with the Samsung DLPs. (Hopefully their will be a workaround or another manufacturer will produce a similar box.) There is no technological reason the Mits box wont work but for selfish marketing reasons they put in a checker to check for a Mits DLP.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 10:15 PM   #8
Propellarhead9 Propellarhead9 is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Propellarhead9's Avatar
 
Jul 2009
Jeffersonville, Indiana
8
1
1
Send a message via AIM to Propellarhead9 Send a message via Yahoo to Propellarhead9
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebat2 View Post
I'm using Xpand X102 and Samsung SSG1000 glasses. I have Monsters VS Aliens, Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs, and the demo disc that came with the Panny player. They look really good.
I was thinking about getting the X102s when the times come. I'll probably end up buying Samsung's starter pack so I can get Monsters vs Aliens and turn around and sell the glasses since I won't be able to use them.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 11:30 PM   #9
thebat2 thebat2 is online now
Active Member
 
thebat2's Avatar
 
Jan 2008
NC
1
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Propellarhead9 View Post
I was thinking about getting the X102s when the times come. I'll probably end up buying Samsung's starter pack so I can get Monsters vs Aliens and turn around and sell the glasses since I won't be able to use them.
Those glasses won't work with our televisions.
A/V Equipment
Toshiba A-35 HD-DVD Dvd Player
Mitsubishi 82" DLP 3D Television, XBOX360, Onkyo TX-SR608 7.2 Receiver Panasonic DMP-BDT320 3D BR
XBOX 360 For Games
SDVD 1578BR 1036, BR3D 91
65 HD DVD
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 11:44 AM   #10
LordRasta LordRasta is offline
New Member
 
Jun 2010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebat2 View Post
Those glasses won't work with our televisions.
When you say "those" glasses won't work are you referring to the SSG1000's? I have a HL-67A750 and it was my understanding the SSG1000 glasses are supposed to work.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 12:37 AM   #11
thebat2 thebat2 is online now
Active Member
 
thebat2's Avatar
 
Jan 2008
NC
1
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordRasta View Post
When you say "those" glasses won't work are you referring to the SSG1000's? I have a HL-67A750 and it was my understanding the SSG1000 glasses are supposed to work.
You are ok with those. I was referring to the ones that come in the starter pack with MVA 3D Blu ray.
A/V Equipment
Toshiba A-35 HD-DVD Dvd Player
Mitsubishi 82" DLP 3D Television, XBOX360, Onkyo TX-SR608 7.2 Receiver Panasonic DMP-BDT320 3D BR
XBOX 360 For Games
SDVD 1578BR 1036, BR3D 91
65 HD DVD
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 02:17 AM   #12
Trogdor2010 Trogdor2010 is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Trogdor2010's Avatar
 
Mar 2009
45
243
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDTV1080P View Post
"Mitsubishi and Samsung '3D capable' DLP owners can enjoy 3D Blu-ray without an adapter thanks to the Panasonic BDT300 and BDT350's checkerboard output."

http://www.electronichouse.com/article/panasonic_3d_blu-ray_players_support_3d_dlp_displays/C175
That's good, but the downside is you have to purchase a $400 blu ray player to do it along with the appropriate glasses for it to work (from what I understand). I would be happy if the PS3 will get a "checkerboard" 3D update. I still have a Samsung 3D ready TV .
Projector:Infocus X10 1080p DLP projector & DIY anamorphic lens
TV:Samsung DLP 1080p TV HL-T5676S
Receiver: Yamaha HTR-5640 AV receiver
HTPC/gaming rig
Add me on Steam: rctyke (trogdor2010)
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 04:03 PM   #13
PaulGo PaulGo is offline
Special Member
 
PaulGo's Avatar
 
Aug 2007
North Potomac, MD
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor2010 View Post
That's good, but the downside is you have to purchase a $400 blu ray player to do it along with the appropriate glasses for it to work (from what I understand). I would be happy if the PS3 will get a "checkerboard" 3D update. I still have a Samsung 3D ready TV .
I would hope so but I asked Penton-Man to check with his sources at Sony and he replied that they are not implementing checkerboard in the PS3 (I hope they change their mind but I doubt it),
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 09:27 PM   #14
Ashamed Pegasus Ashamed Pegasus is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Ashamed Pegasus's Avatar
 
Aug 2007
Baltimore, MD
473
5
63
Default

So are there any other 3D players aside from Panasonic's 300 & 350 that output in checkerboard?...
"The Minneapolis Lakers moved to Los Angeles where there are no lakes. The Oilers moved to Tennessee were there is no oil. The Jazz moved to Salt Lake City where they don't allow music. The Oakland Raiders moved to L.A. and then back to Oakland; no one in Los Angeles seemed to notice. Continued expansion diluted the talent pool, forcing owners to recruit heavily from prisons, mental institutions, and Texas."
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 02:10 AM   #15
Propellarhead9 Propellarhead9 is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Propellarhead9's Avatar
 
Jul 2009
Jeffersonville, Indiana
8
1
1
Send a message via AIM to Propellarhead9 Send a message via Yahoo to Propellarhead9
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashamed Pegasus View Post
So are there any other 3D players aside from Panasonic's 300 & 350 that output in checkerboard?...
So far I haven't found any others.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 11:36 AM   #16
thebat2 thebat2 is online now
Active Member
 
thebat2's Avatar
 
Jan 2008
NC
1
1
Default New 3D Blu ray

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I received Grand Canyon River at Risk 3D Blu ray. I imported from Germany via Amazon.de. Looks and sounds great. I felt as though I was looking at a miniture Imax screen. As with CWACOM and MVA, I am viewing with my Samsung 61" DLP LED and the Panasonic BDT300 player.
A/V Equipment
Toshiba A-35 HD-DVD Dvd Player
Mitsubishi 82" DLP 3D Television, XBOX360, Onkyo TX-SR608 7.2 Receiver Panasonic DMP-BDT320 3D BR
XBOX 360 For Games
SDVD 1578BR 1036, BR3D 91
65 HD DVD
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 02:54 AM   #17
ronrak ronrak is offline
New Member
 
Mar 2011
Default 3D Checkerboard 3D output

The Panasonic BDT 100 is a great buy for 3D checker board output for playing
3D Blu Ray DVD on a Samsung or Mitsubishi DLP HDTV.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 09:46 PM   #18
vidjunkie vidjunkie is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
vidjunkie's Avatar
 
Apr 2010
Earth
1715
63
Default

Sorry to bump an old thread, but are you guys sure that the Panasonic BDT 100, 300, and 350 all output checkerboard? I have a Mits DLP HDTV and I think the box I have to get me the 3D is not working right anymore and I do not want to have to buy a whole new starter pack again.

Thanks
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 01:05 AM   #19
PaulGo PaulGo is offline
Special Member
 
PaulGo's Avatar
 
Aug 2007
North Potomac, MD
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidjunkie View Post
Sorry to bump an old thread, but are you guys sure that the Panasonic BDT 100, 300, and 350 all output checkerboard? I have a Mits DLP HDTV and I think the box I have to get me the 3D is not working right anymore and I do not want to have to buy a whole new starter pack again.

Thanks
You can just buy the box alone on ebay or amazon for less that $100.

All the Blu-ray player you mentioned output checkerboaed, also I believe the newer Panasonic models 110, 210 and 310 also output checkerboard.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 01:35 AM   #20
vidjunkie vidjunkie is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
vidjunkie's Avatar
 
Apr 2010
Earth
1715
63
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulGo View Post
You can just buy the box alone on ebay or amazon for less that $100.

All the Blu-ray player you mentioned output checkerboaed, also I believe the newer Panasonic models 110, 210 and 310 also output checkerboard.
LOL, are you sure? I will have to try this, I have the 210 now.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray Players


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:11 AM.