Best Blu-ray Deals

Black Friday Week is Live, $3.99 Blu-ray Movies »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Rain Man (Blu-ray)
$3.99
22 hrs ago
X-Men: Days of Future Past (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Lone Survivor (Blu-ray)
$7.99
5 hrs ago
Person of Interest: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$14.99
20 hrs ago
Inside Man (Blu-ray)
$3.99
11 hrs ago
A Good Day to Die Hard (Blu-ray)
$3.99

The Avengers (Blu-ray)
$9.99

X-Men: First Class (Blu-ray)
$3.99
23 hrs ago
The Bourne Ultimatum (Blu-ray)
$3.99

The Walking Dead: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Star Trek: The Next Generation, Season 6 (Blu-ray)
$31.99

The Terminator (Blu-ray)
$3.99

Old 06-19-2010, 02:12 AM   #1

May 2010
Question Blu-ray region code symbol?

I'm from the U.S. and my wife surprised me with a "Prison Break Complete Blu-ray Collection".

The thing that concerns me is that she purchased it from Amazon UK, and upon checking the product details in the website, it says that it's only Region B.

However, I noticed at the bottom of the box there's a symbol showing three worlds/circles in triangular formation and each circle has either "A", "B", "C" on it. Is this the region symbol? Does this mean that what my wife got was actually a Region ABC blu, and is playable here in the United States?

I don't want to open the package to test it since I don't want to void the return warranty just in case it's not playable in the U.S.
Old 06-19-2010, 02:16 AM   #2
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2007
Limbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidd636 View Post
I'm from the U.S. and my wife surprised me with a "Prison Break Complete Blu-ray Collection".

The thing that concerns me is that she purchased it from Amazon UK, and upon checking the product details in the website, it says that it's only Region B.

However, I noticed at the bottom of the box there's a symbol showing three worlds/circles in triangular formation and each circle has either "A", "B", "C" on it. Is this the region symbol? Does this mean that what my wife got was actually a Region ABC blu, and is playable here in the United States?

I don't want to open the package to test it since I don't want to void the return warranty just in case it's not playable in the U.S.
if it has all 3 symbols, your ok. its region free. there should be a feedback forum to mention the error if there is one
PSN: un4gvn2 LIVE: un4givn2

SPOOOON!!

My music collection
Old 06-19-2010, 02:24 AM   #3
Super Moderator

Jul 2007
Edo, Land of the Samurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidd636 View Post

Don't go by what amazon has listed. If it has the three symbols (Region A) then it is region free.
Old 06-19-2010, 06:07 AM   #4
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2009

I don't have the set myself but I have seen people talk about it on this forum and they say it's reigon free - I'd do a quick search and I'm sure you'll find the posts.
Old 06-21-2010, 04:19 PM   #5

Jan 2010
montreal

When the ABC symbol is on the back, it does not necessarily mean it's region free. There are some exceptions like this one, 3h10 to yuma german edition steelbook http://de.blu-ray.com/movies/3:10-to-Yuma-Blu-ray/8301/ which is region B.
Old 07-14-2010, 06:03 AM   #6
Banned

Jul 2010

I just checked out to the site from your wife got it and one thing noted that if your package contains all three symbols than it means that it is totally region free so you can play it at your home town. But sometimes the company can make mistake and because of that there can be some chances that your package may be not of the region free type. This happens in rare cases so do not worry and check out for three symbols and enjoy the package.
Old 07-22-2010, 12:09 AM   #7
Expert Member

Apr 2008
Default read this thread

Check out the thread they have it cheaper on amazon uk/than amazon us it is found in movies and tv deal. You will see where they have a region rating for movies and people also post what they have bought.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray > Blu-ray Technology and Future Technology