COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Dexter: The Eighth Season (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Poirot: The Complete Cases Collection (Blu-ray)
$198.49
Orange Is the New Black: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$18.49
Draft Day (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Transformers Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$17.24
Sleepaway Camp (Blu-ray)
$15.99
X-Men: Days of Future Past (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Ray Donovan: Season One (Blu-ray)
$24.49
Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase One - Avengers Assembled (Blu-ray)
$119.99
Godzilla (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Steven Spielberg Director's Collection (Blu-ray)
$91.99
Titanic 3D (Blu-ray)
$18.49
The Wind Will Carry Us (Blu-ray)
$19.49
CSI: Crime Scene Investigation: The Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
$34.33
The Slumber Party Massacre (Blu-ray)
$13.99
Cat People (Blu-ray)
$16.99
Afflicted (Blu-ray)
$12.49
Evilspeak (Blu-ray)
$13.99
Ghostbusters Limited Edition Gift Set (Blu-ray)
$89.96

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 06-27-2010, 05:03 PM   #1

May 2009
Default Any news on release date for 2010 nightmare on elm street?

Seeking info on a release date....anyone have info?
Old 06-27-2010, 05:08 PM   #2
Banned

Jan 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodiak View Post
Seeking info on a release date....anyone have info?
release date is still pending

but came out april so maybe august / sept
Old 06-27-2010, 05:15 PM   #3
Power Member

Jan 2010

the rumor section of the dvdtalk forum lists it for september 14th
Old 06-27-2010, 08:15 PM   #4
Special Member

May 2008

Hopefully they release some of the other NOES films alongside this one.

I was surprised how much I enjoyed it. Platinum Dunes and I do not get along... but this was easily their best effort. They got some decent actors and while the script needed a little more work it was hardly the worst of the Nightmare films and really felt like one of them -- something the F13th remake failed at miserably (that underground tunnel nonsense was ridiculous... Jason is no Buffalo Bill... why on earth did he keep that girl alive... where did he get those shackles? how hard could it have been to do a fun mindless throwback to the F13th series?).

The opening with Jason's mother should have been the opening 20 minutes -- then flashed forward for the remaining hour. The 2 minute credit sequence that opened the film had more style and thrills than the entire remaining film-- and she was creepy as hell. Too bad it was so short. Not a single one of the main characters was captivating enough to root for (they missed the boat on making the main character a male... the F13th series always had fantastic heroines (Tommy Jarvis' little trilogy always had a strong female co-star at least) and in this one we get a little wimp who spends the majority of the film locked up in a cave and an insipid moron who can't figure out her boyfriend is literally king of the douchbags. Seriously? I get that we're supposed to want these kids to be slaughtered by Jason -- but at least make 1-2 of them relate-able to the audience... how else are we supposed to give a damn when they're running for their lives in the final act? All suspense dies because we couldn't care less if they survive.

They did a much better job on Elm Street -- while characterization was limited it matched the other NOES films in at least making the kids willful and intelligent (for the most part). Bravo to PD for listening to fan comments. My only hope is that they go forward with a potential sequel.

Seriously, the movie came out in April and there hasn't been a peep on any BD/DVD details. I'm hoping for mid Oct. at the latest.
Old 06-27-2010, 09:22 PM   #5
Special Member

Dec 2008
Winnipeg, Manitoba Blu-ray SteelBooks™: (92) LaserDiscs: (265)

There is a tenative date in Germany for October 22, 2010
Sony Bravia KLD40S4100, Onkyo TX-NR 1008, Sony PlayStation 3, Microsoft Xbox 360, Oppo BDP-83 Region Free, Pioneer CLD-701
Old 06-27-2010, 09:29 PM   #6
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2008
Virginia Beach, VA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exist2Inspire View Post
There is a tenative date in Germany for October 22, 2010
I like how the TBD cover art has Robert Englund's Freddy.
I expect this to come out end of September just before October and Halloween season.
Old 06-27-2010, 09:56 PM   #7
Expert Member

Apr 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayorofsmpleton View Post

I was surprised how much I enjoyed it. Platinum Dunes and I do not get along... but this was easily their best effort. They got some decent actors and while the script needed a little more work it was hardly the worst of the Nightmare films and really felt like one of them -- something the F13th remake failed at miserably (that underground tunnel nonsense was ridiculous... Jason is no Buffalo Bill... why on earth did he keep that girl alive... where did he get those shackles? how hard could it have been to do a fun mindless throwback to the F13th series?).

The opening with Jason's mother should have been the opening 20 minutes -- then flashed forward for the remaining hour. The 2 minute credit sequence that opened the film had more style and thrills than the entire remaining film-- and she was creepy as hell. Too bad it was so short. Not a single one of the main characters was captivating enough to root for (they missed the boat on making the main character a male... the F13th series always had fantastic heroines (Tommy Jarvis' little trilogy always had a strong female co-star at least) and in this one we get a little wimp who spends the majority of the film locked up in a cave and an insipid moron who can't figure out her boyfriend is literally king of the douchbags. Seriously? I get that we're supposed to want these kids to be slaughtered by Jason -- but at least make 1-2 of them relate-able to the audience... how else are we supposed to give a damn when they're running for their lives in the final act? All suspense dies because we couldn't care less if they survive.

They did a much better job on Elm Street -- while characterization was limited it matched the other NOES films in at least making the kids willful and intelligent (for the most part). Bravo to PD for listening to fan comments. My only hope is that they go forward with a potential sequel.

Seriously, the movie came out in April and there hasn't been a peep on any BD/DVD details. I'm hoping for mid Oct. at the latest.
NOES release date thread, not a Friday the 13th bashing thread. OK? Ok
Old 06-27-2010, 09:58 PM   #8
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2008
Virginia Beach, VA

Quote:
Originally Posted by F13BluRay View Post
Bitter party of one? Your table's ready.
Old 06-27-2010, 10:10 PM   #9

Mar 2008
hockeytown.

Quote:

Jason is no Buffalo Bill... why on earth did he keep that girl alive... where did he get those shackles? how hard could it have been to do a fun mindless throwback to the F13th series?).

i hope we at least get NOES: Dream Warriors, which is my fave!!!

and btw... he kept her alive because she had on that necklace and he thought she looked like/was his mom.
Old 06-28-2010, 12:58 AM   #10
Expert Member

May 2008

Quote:

different strokes for diff folks but i thought nightmare (2010) was horrible while I thoroughly enjoyed the Friday remake. I am hoping for a sequel to Friday while no sequel to Nightmare.

I'm not bashing anyone who enjoyed it and think others should do the same for Friday the 13th remake supporters.
Old 06-28-2010, 03:00 PM   #11
Hot Deals Moderator

Aug 2007
Detroit, MI

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadhatetheliving View Post
Bitter party of one? Your table's ready.
Old 06-28-2010, 06:35 PM   #12
Contributor

Dec 2008
East Coast, USA

I thought all the prints and negative from this film were destroyed when Michael Bay accidentally blew up the Platinum Dunes offices while demonstrating a planned effect for Transformers 3?!?!?
"You might very well think that; I couldn't possibly comment."
Old 06-28-2010, 07:15 PM   #13
Special Member

May 2008

Quote:
- More a bashing of Platinum Dunes buddy. The film wasn't awful -- it just didn't feel like a F13th film. Do I still own a copy and find it enjoyable to watch? Sure. If you think this forum is limited completely to comments about just the title of the thread you've got a lot more policing to do. I think somewhere in the Alien Blu thread people were making comments on Alien vs. Predator...
Forums are for discussion -- and unless someone is clearly threadcrapping "noes remake sucked just like f13th!" then let the moderators decide what is and is not acceptable. Disagree with my comment? Then post your opinion of the film. It's fun to discuss what people did/did not like about these movies. Nobody bashed the F13th fans. I'm certainly one of them myself and while I thought the F13th remake could have certainly been better it was far from unwatchable. My comment was directly related to how Platinum Dunes (the same production company for both films) clearly listened to fan complaints of their latest effort and took steps to make NOES '10 a film more like the franchise it was rebooting. To add, I'm incredibly disappointed that there seems to be no plan to continue with a F13th Part 2 because I think they listened to some of the complaints and were prepared to give us a fairly worthy follow-up. It's a shame they won't get to continue (at least for the time-being).

Quote:
different strokes for diff folks but i thought nightmare (2010) was horrible while I thoroughly enjoyed the Friday remake. I am hoping for a sequel to Friday while no sequel to Nightmare.

I'm not bashing anyone who enjoyed it and think others should do the same for Friday the 13th remake supporters.
Point well made. People are allowed to have differing opinions and without them the forum would be pretty dull.

Quote:
and btw... he kept her alive because she had on that necklace and he thought she looked like/was his mom.
Completely slipped my memory. It's been nearly a year since I watched it. Explains the behavior but not why they chose to make Jason so wildly different from how he was portrayed in the original series.
Old 06-28-2010, 07:32 PM   #14
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2009
Michigan, USA

Release date is too early too tell.
Old 06-28-2010, 10:44 PM   #15
Special Member

Dec 2009
Oregon
Send a message via MSN to jjbsn5192

If they hold it till october for some stupid marketing campaign then that will be lame
but im gonna bet

a good september at least date! or august
they seem to like august alot of the time for horror films!
Old 06-28-2010, 11:37 PM   #16
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2007
San Antonio

There's one more copy left of A Nightmare On Elm Street on ebay for 15.23 (free shipping). I don't have a link, sorry.

Last edited by Blu-ray Fanatic; 06-29-2010 at 12:26 AM.
Old 06-29-2010, 12:26 AM   #17
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2007
San Antonio

Nobody wants it???
Old 06-29-2010, 12:28 AM   #18
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2007
San Antonio

Nevermind, deals over.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America