Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Martian 4K (Blu-ray)
$12.93
They Live by Night (Blu-ray)
$17.23
Re-Animator (Blu-ray)
$22.97
Evil Ed (Blu-ray)
$15.34
Justice League Unlimited: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$16.49
The Thing (Blu-ray)
$14.09
The Big Bang Theory: The Complete Tenth Season (Blu-ray)
$21.61
Star Trek Beyond 3D (Blu-ray)
$14.09
Ash vs Evil Dead: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$34.99
Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children 3D (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Streets of Fire (Blu-ray)
$15.06
Wonder Woman 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.96
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 09-12-2016, 12:12 PM   #1
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2010
Netherlands
Sony Pictures Better Call Saul: Season Two (2016)

Better Call Saul: The Complete Second Season Blu-ray

Last edited by iScottie; 01-28-2017 at 02:47 PM.
Thanks given by:
Lionel Horsepackage (09-12-2016), lolwut (10-11-2016), rickah88 (09-16-2016), Skrazem (09-13-2016)
Old 09-12-2016, 12:56 PM   #2
Blu-ray Duke

Dec 2008
Los Angeles

Even better than the first season, and that finale was incredible. Can't wait for Season 3. So far I'm enjoying this show even more than Breaking Bad (and I enjoyed the hell outta that).
Top 20 | Aliens | Amadeus | Annie Hall | Casablanca | Chinatown | Die Hard | Fargo | The Godfather, Part II | Goldfinger | Goodfellas | Lawrence of Arabia | The Lord of the Rings | Psycho | Pulp Fiction | Raiders of the Lost Ark | The Silence of the Lambs | Star Wars | The Sting | Unforgiven | Zodiac | 2017 Movie Ratings | Samsung 40" KU6290 TV, UBD-K8500 Player, Rocketfish Premium Certified HDMIs, Sony STR-DH550 Receiver, Logitech z506 5.1 Speaker System
Old 09-12-2016, 02:47 PM   #3
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2014

Yes!!!!

I can't wait. The second season took everything that was great about the first and upped it several times. Not to mention episode 8 had hand down one of the greatest opening segments in the history of TV. I think I watched that opening about 10 times before I deleted my recording of the episode. Hopefully they have a making of feature for it. Same goes for the inflatable montage.
Old 09-12-2016, 06:38 PM   #4
Special Member

Sep 2008

day 1 purchase
Old 09-12-2016, 10:30 PM   #5
Expert Member

Mar 2013
Fresno, Ca.

It's about effin' time.
Old 09-12-2016, 10:49 PM   #6
Expert Member

Mar 2010
Room 303, The Heart o' the City Hotel
Send a message via AIM to Lionel Horsepackage

Quote:
Originally Posted by imsounoriginal View Post
and that finale was incredible.
::klick::
"Pablo, please take Chet's corpse into the other room, and then fix Mr. Hallenbeck a drink."
Old 09-13-2016, 12:39 AM   #7

Sep 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad Draculi View Post
Yes!!!!

I can't wait. The second season took everything that was great about the first and upped it several times. Not to mention episode 8 had hand down one of the greatest opening segments in the history of TV. I think I watched that opening about 10 times before I deleted my recording of the episode. Hopefully they have a making of feature for it. Same goes for the inflatable montage.
I assume you are referring to the truck crossing the border and getting inspected. I watched it once, but my only thought was this scene deserves some award. Truly incredible camera work.
Thanks given by:
FilmFreakosaurus (09-17-2016), Lionel Horsepackage (09-13-2016)
Old 09-13-2016, 12:39 AM   #8

Sep 2013

Oh what is the inflatable montage??
Old 09-13-2016, 01:31 AM   #9

Jul 2007
Indiana

Quote:
Originally Posted by weberrygt View Post
Oh what is the inflatable montage??
The extra "L" is for "typo."
Thanks given by:
ArrestedDevelopment (09-13-2016), FilmFreakosaurus (09-17-2016), Lionel Horsepackage (09-13-2016), weberrygt (09-13-2016)
Old 09-13-2016, 02:08 AM   #10

Sep 2013

Haha another great scene. Honestly I didn't recall the inflatable guy, but certainly the colorful suits part. The beginning of Saul goodman!!
Thanks given by:
FilmFreakosaurus (09-17-2016)
Old 09-13-2016, 02:11 AM   #11
Blu-ray Guru

Mar 2011
Buffalo NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Flint View Post
News flash: not everyone is lucky enough to have the internet speeds and reliability capable of handling 4K streaming.

I'll take a Blu-ray over streaming every single day of the week.
I had 4K Netflix, Bluray is still better.
Not to mention no special features on Netflix.
LG OLED C6
Onkyo 757 Atmos
Oppo 203-Region Free
Octane XL7500 Recliners
Old 09-13-2016, 04:22 AM   #12
Blu-ray Champion

Apr 2013
The streets, YO!

That doesn't look that much different than the season 1 cover imo.
Ray Jackson...funky like your grandpa's drawers.
Old 09-13-2016, 04:08 PM   #13
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Jackson View Post
That doesn't look that much different than the season 1 cover imo.
That's the shot they were using to promote Season 2, so I'm not surprised that is the cover of the disc.

However, I'm not sure how it doesn't look different when teh first season had Jimmy at a payphone when he was trying to do the right thing. This season has him walking the crooked path.

Quote:
Originally Posted by weberrygt View Post
I assume you are referring to the truck crossing the border and getting inspected. I watched it once, but my only thought was this scene deserves some award. Truly incredible camera work.
That's odd, I had responded to your post and now it is gone.

Anyway, yes, that is exactly the scene I am refering to. I also love how they show the passage of time using the popsicle.
Thanks given by:
weberrygt (09-16-2016)
Old 09-16-2016, 12:43 AM   #14
Special Member

Aug 2011
Earth

Day 1, hoping they do a collectors edition digipack again!
BlufansVIP

RIP Moviestop thanks for 5+ years of great deals and trades! Best of luck to those who worked there!
Thanks given by:
Pyro.Kitty (11-15-2016)
Old 09-16-2016, 03:41 PM   #15
Blu-ray Grand Duke

May 2010
Columbia, MD
-
-

I had my doubts about this show, but was I ever wrong! Such a great show, with just enough BB subtle reference that I'm just loving!
Looking forward to adding S2 and watching S3 when it airs!
Old 09-17-2016, 02:22 AM   #16
Expert Member

Jul 2012

Have not watched the show yet. Was confirming specs for S2 (Aussie release) and I noticed no color, a B&W opening for the start of Season 2. At first, I thought, Why are they doing this creatively?
We see people working in a restaurant. Then, after a couple of minutes, you notice a young Saul say goodnight to two girls as he closed up shop. At that point I went "Ahh, flashback!"... And I assume that could be the only reason for the B&W.

It seems that they did the same for another AMC show, The Walking Dead S6 Ep1, where a non-linear storyline was used: going back and forth form present tense, to events that occurred just after the end of the Season 5 finale. B&W was used, frustratingly, for all the sequences that occurred in the past tense.

It appears to me that AMC is forcing creators of both shows to use Black and White to represent "flashbacks" or "events not in occurring in the present story tense", which I think is absolute crap and an insult to my intelligence. I don't need to lose the color field to be able to work out when something is happening in another time!

AMC is pandering to the LCD suggesting the audience has a low IQ.

All jokes aside (or a poor attempt at one), AMC are not giving the audience any credit. I am sure that Vince Gilligan is not choosing to use B&W for flashbacks when he never did so for Breaking Bad. Shame AMC. Shame!

Better Call Saul looks very entertaining from the extended previews and judging by the critics. Look forward to watching it. But not if I have to sit through flashbacks in B&W. That is just plain ludicrous to have to do so to illustrate the flashback point.
Give me Blu-Ray or give me death.

Streaming sucks!

There will always be a place for physical media...

Respect the filmmakers intentions; Respect the the OAR
Old 09-17-2016, 03:51 AM   #17
Special Member

Sep 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Grimes View Post
Have not watched the show yet. Was confirming specs for S2 (Aussie release) and I noticed no color, a B&W opening for the start of Season 2. At first, I thought, Why are they doing this creatively?
We see people working in a restaurant. Then, after a couple of minutes, you notice a young Saul say goodnight to two girls as he closed up shop. At that point I went "Ahh, flashback!"... And I assume that could be the only reason for the B&W.

It seems that they did the same for another AMC show, The Walking Dead S6 Ep1, where a non-linear storyline was used: going back and forth form present tense, to events that occurred just after the end of the Season 5 finale. B&W was used, frustratingly, for all the sequences that occurred in the past tense.

It appears to me that AMC is forcing creators of both shows to use Black and White to represent "flashbacks" or "events not in occurring in the present story tense", which I think is absolute crap and an insult to my intelligence. I don't need to lose the color field to be able to work out when something is happening in another time!

AMC is pandering to the LCD suggesting the audience has a low IQ.

All jokes aside (or a poor attempt at one), AMC are not giving the audience any credit. I am sure that Vince Gilligan is not choosing to use B&W for flashbacks when he never did so for Breaking Bad. Shame AMC. Shame!

Better Call Saul looks very entertaining from the extended previews and judging by the critics. Look forward to watching it. But not if I have to sit through flashbacks in B&W. That is just plain ludicrous to have to do so to illustrate the flashback point.
considering the B&W scenes are actually flash forwards you couldn't be anymore wrong

by the way, that isn't even Saul in the season 2 opener scene you refer to, it is Gene

maybe you should watch the show
Thanks given by:
Arawn (10-11-2016), FilmFreakosaurus (09-17-2016), Lionel Horsepackage (09-17-2016), ShellOilJunior (12-13-2016)
Old 09-17-2016, 05:04 AM   #18
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2014

Not to mention the B&W scenes are only in the openings to both seasons. And what the hell is wrong with B&W? SOmetimes B&W is better because you get better shadows. The vast majority of the best movies ever made are B&W.
Thanks given by:
FilmFreakosaurus (09-17-2016)
Old 09-17-2016, 05:59 AM   #19
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2012
US of A

One of the best frickin' shows on television!! In some subtle respects there are elements on this prequel that outshine Breaking Bad.

Vince Gilligan is a goddamn sexual tyrannosaurus!!
Thanks given by:
Lionel Horsepackage (09-17-2016)
Old 09-17-2016, 06:23 AM   #20
Expert Member

Dec 2015

So when does season 2 get a netflix release? As long as the wait isn't to major I want to try to last till it ends up on Netflix.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America