Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Farscape: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$52.99
Justified: The Complete Final Season (Blu-ray)
$29.99
John Wick (Blu-ray)
$14.96
Entourage: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$94.99
The Wolverine 3D (Blu-ray)
$12.99
The Three Musketeers 3D (Blu-ray)
$7.88
Malcolm X (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Bram Stoker's Dracula / Mary Shelley's Frankenstein (Blu-ray)
$7.88
Autómata (Blu-ray)
$5.00
Batman Unlimited: Animal Instincts w/ Blu-ray Exclusive Figure (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Gattaca (Blu-ray)
$4.96
The Imitation Game (Blu-ray)
$12.96
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 01-02-2009, 08:49 PM   #1

Jan 2008
Québec, Canada
Default Justice League: Season Two Blu-ray July 26

Justice League: Season Two Blu-ray

____

Anyone knows when this is coming out?

I bought season 1, and i just hope i'm not stuck with the only season on blu...

Why are they not making the other season? It's not like they haven't released them on DVD ....

Last edited by Diesel; 04-20-2011 at 02:45 AM.
Old 01-02-2009, 10:36 PM   #2

Oct 2008
Wichita, KS

It was several months between the DVD releases so it might be awhile. I bought season 1 as well and hope they do release season 2 (along with the rest of the DCAU) on blu in the future.
Old 01-02-2009, 10:37 PM   #3
Blu-ray Duke

Sep 2008
Montreal
Send a message via Yahoo to P@t_Mtl

How did Season 1 look? I got them all in SD and wonder if it's worth upgrading them?
---------------------------------------------------
My avatar will Wait Until Dark for a Roman Holiday since this world as War & Peace
and it would be fun to actually have Breakfast At Tiffany's with My Fair Lady
Old 01-02-2009, 10:50 PM   #4

Nov 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by P@t_Mtl View Post
How did Season 1 look? I got them all in SD and wonder if it's worth upgrading them?
HUGE upgrade over the SD version, it was amazing just how much of a difference there is.
Old 01-02-2009, 10:51 PM   #5
Blu-ray Duke

Sep 2008
Montreal
Send a message via Yahoo to P@t_Mtl

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCJuggler View Post
HUGE upgrade over the SD version, it was amazing just how much of a difference there is.
Thanks, I will probably upgrade them, I love that show.
---------------------------------------------------
My avatar will Wait Until Dark for a Roman Holiday since this world as War & Peace
and it would be fun to actually have Breakfast At Tiffany's with My Fair Lady
Old 01-03-2009, 12:34 AM   #6

Sep 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hangedman View Post
Why are they not making the other season? It's not like they haven't released them on DVD ....
One issue is that the DVD masters for Justice League won't work for the remaining seasons.

For season 2, the DVD masters were letterboxed 4:3. I'd argue those definitely have to be redone for Blu-ray. While I wish they'd gone with the matted/cropped 16:9 versions for Season 1, instead of the 4:3 framing, they're no excuse for giving us Season 2 letterboxed as it was on DVD.

As far as Justice League Unlimited, while those were done anamorphic, they're also nasty interlaced (30 frames per second) transfers that would need to be redone as progressive. Preferably 24p, as Season 1 was.
Old 01-03-2009, 12:46 AM   #7
Blu-ray Duke

Oct 2007
Metropolis

I would probably expect to see it if it was released in the second half of this year. They probably would not want its release to compete with the animated Wonder Woman movie coming out soon. The picture quality is great on the first season.
Old 01-03-2009, 01:57 AM   #8
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2008

I liked season 1 but probably wouldn't double dip (I have the dvd).

I might be get season 2 on Blu though.
Old 01-03-2009, 02:19 AM   #9
Power Member

May 2007
Indiana

Its the same reason why there aren't many TV series on Blu. At this point, it is too costly to put together a series because the return is too low. Once blu opens up to a larger audience then you will see more series hitting blu.
PSN: Wiskers42

Samsung 46in 1080p LCD(living room)
Sony Playstation 3(living room)
Samsung 40in 720p(bedroom)
Old 02-04-2009, 04:12 AM   #10

Jun 2008

Can't wait til Season 2 comes out. I haven't finished watching Season 1 yet though. Justice League Unlimited is what I'm the most excited about seeing. I've seen all those eps - that's when I got into it and Boomerang only played Justice League Unlimited.
Old 02-04-2009, 04:29 AM   #11
Special Member

Nov 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by srizvi1 View Post
Can't wait til Season 2 comes out. I haven't finished watching Season 1 yet though. Justice League Unlimited is what I'm the most excited about seeing. I've seen all those eps - that's when I got into it and Boomerang only played Justice League Unlimited.
I love JL/JLU i have all the seasons on dvd and the first one on blu, it needs to be 16:9 ill double dip the whole series cuz its worth it
The Dark Knight has Spoken!
Old 02-04-2009, 05:15 AM   #12

May 2008
Zoo Jersey

I really like JL but I love JLU and hope that those seasons make it to blu someday.
Old 02-04-2009, 05:21 AM   #13

Oct 2008
Woodland Park, Co.

Same here, cant wait for the rest of the series. Also cant wait to see more DCU Blu titles. I think Batman The Animated Series and Batman Beyond will look great in HD. And since its new maybe we see Batman The Brave and the Bold Season One on Blu.
Old 02-04-2009, 12:28 PM   #14

Sep 2008
NJ

I was wondering the same thing the other day, I watched the first season in 3 days, now I'm hungry for more.
Old 07-25-2009, 06:54 AM   #15

May 2009
united kingdom
United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKMOVIESAREBEST View Post
I was wondering the same thing the other day, I watched the first season in 3 days, now I'm hungry for more.
yes i really like season 2, the secret society episodes are fantastic and would love to see them in hd progressive scan etc.
Old 07-25-2009, 02:07 PM   #16
Special Member

Oct 2007
Berkshire, England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hangedman View Post
Anyone knows when this is coming out?

I bought season 1, and i just hope i'm not stuck with the only season on blu...

Same here, just the other day I was wondering where the second season was as it has been about a year since I purchased the first season... I want to be able to buy the follow up "JLU" as well as that was one of my favourites!

Come on Warner
Add me on the PlayStation Network:- Neil_The_Nye

http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/...il_The_Nye.png
Old 08-23-2009, 02:31 AM   #17

Mar 2008

When Season One was released on blu-ray I picked it up and sold all my SD-DVD boxsets of JL and JLU. Now that the rest of the seasons are still MIA, I am starting to be tempted to pick up the new JL Complete boxset that has been announced, but I still really want the blu to be released. It is maddening and difficult to make these sort of decisions when it is impossible to know if the blu-ray will ever be released.
Old 08-23-2009, 06:47 AM   #18
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2007
Nashville

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta-akk View Post
When Season One was released on blu-ray I picked it up and sold all my SD-DVD boxsets of JL and JLU. Now that the rest of the seasons are still MIA, I am starting to be tempted to pick up the new JL Complete boxset that has been announced, but I still really want the blu to be released. It is maddening and difficult to make these sort of decisions when it is impossible to know if the blu-ray will ever be released.
I didn't go that far myself, but close. When I got Season One on Blu-ray, I gave my DVD version to a friend. Still have the other JL/JLU seasons on DVD, along with Batman: TAS, The Batman seasons 1-3, all of Superman: TAS, and most of the Batman animated movies. (Not to say I don't like Marvel's animated stuff, but really... where is X-Men, X-Men Evolution, and MTV's Spider-Man on Blu-ray???)

DC considers their Justice League releases on Blu-ray to be a success thus far--they came out and publicly said they were impressed with the fan reaction and sales for New Frontier. So... I'd expect the trend to continue.

Plus, a little bird told me they are seriously considering Batman: TAS for Blu-ray.

PSN / XBL ID: Sylin

Old 08-23-2009, 11:19 AM   #19
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2007
Singapore
-

Justice League Unlimited is what I really want.
It was the first ever TV series that got me glued to the screen. The story was so exhilirating, that I felt guilty for downloading it. I did eventually bought the DVDs, but disappointingly, it had a lot of interlace interference and a tiny glitch in the audio on the second last episode.
Old 08-23-2009, 11:44 AM   #20

May 2009
united kingdom
United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by BozQ View Post
Justice League Unlimited is what I really want.
It was the first ever TV series that got me glued to the screen. The story was so exhilirating, that I felt guilty for downloading it. I did eventually bought the DVDs, but disappointingly, it had a lot of interlace interference and a tiny glitch in the audio on the second last episode.
yes the interlacing was dodgy at times, i wish warner would hurry up and release season 2 and justice league unlimited, hopefully the sound will be better than what it was on season 1.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America