Best Blu-ray Deals

Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Guardians of the Galaxy 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Deadwood: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$58.99
How to Train Your Dragon 2 (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Entourage: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$96.99
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Battlestar Galactica: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$89.99
Treme: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$64.99
Rise of the Guardians 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Sons of Anarchy: Seasons 1-6 (Blu-ray)
$119.99
Sin City: A Dame to Kill For (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 3D (Blu-ray)
$69.99
The Complete Jacques Tati (Blu-ray)
$90.34
Dragon Ball Z: Season 8 (Blu-ray)
$25.89
Big Hero 6 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Maze Runner (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods (Blu-ray)
$17.99
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 04-12-2014, 06:30 PM   #1

Feb 2013
Guam
Default Double/Triple Features: Do you buy them?

Sincere question for all of you collectors. Do you buy double/triple features? And if you do, do you just leave them all in the one amaray case or do you get custom artwork and put them into separate cases? I ask because I just saw the Stardust/Spiderwick Chronicles double feature go on sale, when I've had both films in my wish list for a long time. I want to bite but I'm personally not a fan of the whole combined packaging thing, and I'm not yet in a position where I'm running out of shelf space so I have to combine films into one case.
Old 04-12-2014, 06:44 PM   #2

Apr 2014
Oa

I do if I get both films for great price compared to buying them individually. Although I am certainly not a fan of combined packaging either and would rather have stand alone cases, but if I do which has only been 3 or 4 out of my film collection where I've bought double or triple features I usually just leave them in the packaging they came in.
"Monsters are tragic beings, they are not evil by choice. They're born too tall, too strong, too heavy, that is their tragedy." Ishiro Honda
Old 04-12-2014, 06:59 PM   #3
Suspended

Oct 2013

I personally dont like them,only double/triple pack i own is the teenage mutant ninja turtles set as its better than that awful box and was way cheaper this past black friday
Old 04-12-2014, 07:03 PM   #4
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2012
New York

It depends on if all the films included are ones I'd buy on their own anyway, or if I already owned any of the titles. And price is also taking into account. Is it cheaper to buy the triple feature set, or buy them individually.
Old 04-12-2014, 07:05 PM   #5
Expert Member

Feb 2013
New Jersey

It depends. If the titles are not available as standalone releases, then obviously it's okay in my book.
Old 04-12-2014, 07:09 PM   #6
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2011

As long as they're two discs and all the features are included, I'd prefer it. I need the shelf space.

I don't mind if there's two on one disc when there's no other option. For instance, Witches Of Eastwick / Practical Magic, Bloodsport / Time Cop, etc.
Old 04-12-2014, 07:14 PM   #7
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2012
New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by HorrorBlu View Post
As long as they're two discs and all the features are included, I'd prefer it. I need the shelf space.
That's actually one of the best reasons, I forgot to mention that. Space is limited.

I was able to get The Goonies, Gremlins, and Gremlins 2 on triple feature bundle for just $7.99. 3 discs in one regular sizes case.
Old 04-12-2014, 07:20 PM   #8
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2008
London, UK

I get them when I want at least one of the films and it isn't available any other way. Just got The Cassandra Corssing/The Domino Principle and Mr. Sardonicus/The Brotherhood of Satan. Not bothered about packaging, as always.
Old 04-12-2014, 09:08 PM   #9
Special Member

Aug 2011
Missouri

I buy them if the double/triple packs have more than 1 movie I like. Like the Ninja Turtles triple set I own, along with the Kill Bill and a few others. If I get any that stack discs, I just buy a new case for them, as I don't like stacking discs.
Old 04-12-2014, 09:28 PM   #10
Expert Member

Nov 2012
Novato, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by HorrorBlu View Post
Ditto that. Shelf space is like gold as I'm not in a position where expanding is an option.
Old 04-12-2014, 09:35 PM   #11
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2011

While my OCD kind of kicks in when it comes to multi-movie packs (especially if the films aren't part of a series or by the same director), it does save on shelf space.
First, ye rubs something furry t'get a charge...then ye picks yer target...!

Selling 3D discs for The Wolverine, Captain America: The Winter Soldier and Rise Of The Guardians for $10 each, $25 combined or for possible trade.
Old 04-12-2014, 09:39 PM   #12
Expert Member

May 2013
Camp Crystal Lake

I buy a lot of the Shout Factory / Scream Factory double feature releases as they are usually relatively obscure titles that will probably never be released again....lucky to have them at all really. I leave them as they come in one blu case.
ISO : Original Capitol / EMI IRON MAIDEN Cd's from the 1980's. PM me.
Old 04-12-2014, 09:40 PM   #13
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2011
Upstate SC

If the films are from the same franchise I don't mind but even then I prefer the individual releases.
Old 04-12-2014, 10:04 PM   #14
Special Member

Jun 2012
Fort Scott, KS

I don't mind them but prefer single releases. I just bought the Stardust/Spiderwick set myself from Wal-Mart and got all 4 TMNT movies for $10 a few weeks ago and I do have to think of shelf space now because I am down to 1 shelf on my Blu-ray shelf and I hope to build anew one in a few months but I still have like 10-15 more blu's coming in the mail. I also have about 300 DVDs that I have no room for
Old 04-12-2014, 10:35 PM   #15
Expert Member

Mar 2013

I prefer them if I want both/all movies. Less money, less space. I don't care about other considerations. These are all just things my wife is going to throw out when I'm gone anyway.
Old 04-12-2014, 10:37 PM   #16
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2012
New York City

Pretty sure there is already a thread for this...
Last Bought: American Horror Story: Coven, The Walking Dead: Season 4, Detention, The Toxic Avenger Future Purchases: Sin City: A Dame To Kill For, X-Men: Days of Future Past, Game of Thrones: Season 4, Gone Girl, Girls: Season 3, Shameless: Season 4, Hannibal: Season 2, True Blood: Season 7.
Old 04-14-2014, 02:31 AM   #17

Apr 2014
Southfork

If they save me money and shelf space I'm all for them.
My friends call me J.R.
Old 04-14-2014, 02:35 AM   #18

Jul 2013
Florida

I think the only one I have is first three TMNT from Wal-Mart. I want the one with the first two Harold & Kumar flicks also. Generally though I either already have the movies singularly or there's always one film in each bunch I don't care for.
Old 04-14-2014, 02:42 AM   #19

Apr 2014
Southfork

Quote:
Originally Posted by growsinwater View Post
Generally though I either already have the movies singularly or there's always one film in each bunch I don't care for.
That's a problem I've been running into more and more, especially with the Warner 4 Film Favorites. I bought the King Kong digibook last year for what I thought was a good deal and now they're going to release it in a 4 Film Favorite set. I want at least one of the other movies in there, but I don't want to buy King Kong again...or get rid of that digibook.
My friends call me J.R.
Old 04-14-2014, 02:58 AM   #20
Power Member

Apr 2010
My Comfy Couch

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Ross Ewing View Post
That's a problem I've been running into more and more, especially with the Warner 4 Film Favorites. I bought the King Kong digibook last year for what I thought was a good deal and now they're going to release it in a 4 Film Favorite set. I want at least one of the other movies in there, but I don't want to buy King Kong again...or get rid of that digibook.
Jack The Giant Slayer, Cloverfield, and 10,000 B.C. can each be had for around $5 used. Just buy the other one you want and hang on to the King Kong digibook.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America