Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Alfred Hitchcock: The Masterpiece Collection (Blu-ray)
$98.99
Fast & Furious 1-6 Collection (Blu-ray)
$39.99
How to Train Your Dragon 2 3D (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Interstellar (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Book of Life (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb (Blu-ray)
$15.00
Thunderbirds: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$44.97
Defiance: Season One (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Whiplash (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Duck, You Sucker (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Little House on the Prairie: Season Five (Blu-ray)
$17.89
Predestination (Blu-ray)
$12.99
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 10-21-2010, 12:40 AM   #2001
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2007
Coldth

Quote:
Originally Posted by mintchris View Post
WOW!!! Looks like I am going there!
Nooooooo! I have to delete that post!
Everybody needs a bosom for a pillow

Classic Arcade Games: Top 10

My life revolves around Paula Creamer
Old 10-21-2010, 12:47 AM   #2002
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2009
Scottsdale, AZ

Darn it, it's already been confirmed that the Aliens set is ABC with special features not in PAL and still no absolute confirmation on BTTF. I'm in a constant state of tachycardia.
Old 10-21-2010, 01:17 AM   #2003
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2007
Coldth

Quote:
Originally Posted by mintchris View Post
Too good to be true!!
Thanks anyways!
Sorry again! There's no mention of "DVD" in that ad, they did it on purpose. I am so pissed that I gave false hopes.
Everybody needs a bosom for a pillow

Classic Arcade Games: Top 10

My life revolves around Paula Creamer
Old 10-21-2010, 01:36 AM   #2004

Jan 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veronica Mars View Post
Darn it, it's already been confirmed that the Aliens set is ABC with special features not in PAL and still no absolute confirmation on BTTF. I'm in a constant state of tachycardia.
BTTF is released by Universal. They DON'T region lock their releases. None of their BDs have ever been locked. I highly doubt they'll start now...
Old 10-21-2010, 01:37 AM   #2005
Special Member

Mar 2010
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector Toschi View Post
BTTF is released by Universal. They DON'T region lock their releases. None of their BDs have ever been locked. I highly doubt they'll start now...
I'm not worried about it being region-locked, just that the extras might be in PAL.
Old 10-21-2010, 01:57 AM   #2006
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2009
Scottsdale, AZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ts0323 View Post
I'm not worried about it being region-locked, just that the extras might be in PAL.
This.
Old 10-21-2010, 02:19 AM   #2007
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2009
Watsonville, California
United Kingdom

Quote:
This.
I asked on the UK Back to the Future Trilogy tin UK release thread if it has NTSC or PAL extras.
My DVD Collection (Keeping it separate.)
Importer supporter. & Multi-Region Capable!
The Other Stuff +132 BD's
Film grain and original cinematic audio advocate. Anti-DNR/EE. To hell with DVD, UV & Digital Copy combos. Gimme Blu-ray disc ONLY!
Old 10-21-2010, 02:26 AM   #2008

Jun 2010
Northwest, Ohio

I'm assuming that Play.com will also ship to the US? And probably the shipping and packing should be the same as Amazon UK? Also, anyone had back luck ordering from Play vs Amazon?... Nevermind, I just looked at Play.com and thier BTTF is $87 USD. 20 more than Amazon. I'll stick to what I already orderd.
Old 10-21-2010, 02:47 AM   #2009
Special Member

Jun 2010
Isn't this where...we came in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeye1 View Post
I'm assuming that Play.com will also ship to the US? And probably the shipping and packing should be the same as Amazon UK? Also, anyone had back luck ordering from Play vs Amazon?... Nevermind, I just looked at Play.com and thier BTTF is $87 USD. 20 more than Amazon. I'll stick to what I already orderd.
I don't think Play ships to the U.S. at all.

Quote:
Export countries we deliver to
Our FREE export delivery usually takes 7-10 days to the following countries

* Andorra
* Austria
* Belgium
* Cyprus
* Denmark
* Finland
* France
* Germany
* Gibraltar
* Greece*
* Greenland
* Iceland
* Ireland
* Italy
* Liechtenstein
* Luxembourg
* Malta
* Monaco
* Netherlands
* Norway
* Portugal
* San Marino
* Spain
* Sweden
* Switzerland
* Vatican
Old 10-21-2010, 03:03 AM   #2010
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2009
Scottsdale, AZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray_Rogers View Post
I asked on the UK Back to the Future Trilogy tin UK release thread if it has NTSC or PAL extras.
I hope you/we get an answer soon. I was convinced that that info would be out by now and I could lay off the valium.
Old 10-21-2010, 03:39 AM   #2011
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2009
Watsonville, California
United Kingdom

Quote:
I hope you/we get an answer soon. I was convinced that that info would be out by now and I could lay off the valium.
Still waiting on the information.
Here's what I posted:
"For the person who received the tin, could you confirm if the SD features are NTSC or PAL? All you'd need to do is just press the Display button on the remote."
No idea when they'll reply. I'm fairly certain Universal just used the same specs for all releases since it's Region ALL although there might be added subtitle tracks for the films.
My DVD Collection (Keeping it separate.)
Importer supporter. & Multi-Region Capable!
The Other Stuff +132 BD's
Film grain and original cinematic audio advocate. Anti-DNR/EE. To hell with DVD, UV & Digital Copy combos. Gimme Blu-ray disc ONLY!
Old 10-21-2010, 04:58 AM   #2012
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2009
Scottsdale, AZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray_Rogers View Post
Still waiting on the information.
Here's what I posted:
"For the person who received the tin, could you confirm if the SD features are NTSC or PAL? All you'd need to do is just press the Display button on the remote."
No idea when they'll reply. I'm fairly certain Universal just used the same specs for all releases since it's Region ALL although there might be added subtitle tracks for the films.
Maybe he's not up. It was probably 3am in the UK when you posted. If we don't get an answer by tomorrow, I'm going to start pulling out my hair in clumps.
Old 10-21-2010, 06:28 AM   #2013
Power Member

Dec 2009
Pacific NW

Really, I want to know as well for the tin. If the extras are all in pal, I will be cancelling. Someones gotta be awake with this thing!!!!
Old 10-21-2010, 07:42 AM   #2014

Mar 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonmoz View Post
My boxset has just arrived and i have posted some photos in my home theater gallery and i have pretty much taken every photo of it i could think off so you can have a pretty close up look at it,the quality of the set in the flesh is a lot better than it appears on websites and i am very pleased with it,i will now go and check the picture quality out and then post a mini review.

Sorry for the fact i did not post them the boxset photos on the forum itself,but i am not quite sure how to do it and as there are eight photos in all i thought it was better to post them in my gallery instead.
So this is the UK version?
Old 10-21-2010, 08:22 AM   #2015
Expert Member

Jan 2009
Bury U.K

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazzad View Post
So this is the UK version?
No i imported the U.s version as i have a U.s Blu-ray player.
Old 10-21-2010, 08:49 AM   #2016
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2010
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonmoz View Post
No i imported the U.s version as i have a U.s Blu-ray player.
Now that cracks me up! You're in the U.K. and you got your U.S. release before I got my U.S. release, and I live in the U.S.A. !!! Not to mention you got it almost a week before street date! Now, don't get me wrong, I'm happy for you , but it makes me wonder (the more and more I see people getting their copies days, sometimes weeks, early) what the point of 'street dates' are ...
Old 10-21-2010, 08:58 AM   #2017

Mar 2009

So is there any pictures yet of the standard UK edition?
Old 10-21-2010, 09:12 AM   #2018
Expert Member

Jan 2009
Bury U.K

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdo View Post
Now that cracks me up! You're in the U.K. and you got your U.S. release before I got my U.S. release, and I live in the U.S.A. !!! Not to mention you got it almost a week before street date! Now, don't get me wrong, I'm happy for you , but it makes me wonder (the more and more I see people getting their copies days, sometimes weeks, early) what the point of 'street dates' are ...
Movietyme had this in stock on the 12th of October,as they are in the U.s you could have ordered it of them and had it by the 14th at the latest,it costed me $56.00 although normally you pay a premium for titles from Movietyme this was a pretty good deal,but on some titles you will pay a lot more as with the Alien boxset which will cost $133.00.

I have also heard of some U.s stores putting titles on the shelves before the street date,as somebody posted pictures of their local Best buy that had copies of the Alien blu-ray boxset for sale a couple of days ago.

I am with you on the whole street date issue as it does seem wrong that you live in the U.s and you are waiting longer.

Last edited by jonmoz; 10-21-2010 at 01:04 PM.
Old 10-21-2010, 11:40 AM   #2019

Jan 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdo View Post
I think all the non-reviewers who got their copies early (I got mine last week) all live outside the US. Street-dates can only be "enforced" within the US I suppose.
Old 10-21-2010, 11:52 AM   #2020
Expert Member

Jan 2009
Bury U.K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinner View Post
I think all the non-reviewers who got their copies early (I got mine last week) all live outside the US. Street-dates can only be "enforced" within the US I suppose.
To be fair i feel these importers send these discs out to non U.s residents so they can have them for the street date as in the past i have waited up to 21 days for delivery,and my Back to the future boxset took around 10 days from the shipping date to arrive.

Btw Sinner have you watched all of these yet ? as i think you must have been one of the first to recieve the set,i have only watched the first movie so far but it was awesome.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America