COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Dark Knight Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$38.99
Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase One - Avengers Assembled (Blu-ray)
$129.99
The Big Chill (Blu-ray)
$27.59
My Week with Marilyn (Blu-ray)
$5.00
Man of Steel Limited Collector's Edition (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Man of Steel Exclusive Action Figure Gift Set (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Nymphomaniac: Volumes I and II (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Mr. Peabody & Sherman 3D (Blu-ray)
$30.98
Noah (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Love Lab: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$37.28
Last Action Hero (Blu-ray)
$7.98
Kill Bill: 1 & 2 Double Feature (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Batman: The Dark Knight Returns (Blu-ray)
$11.99
The Texas Chain Saw Massacre (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Godzilla (Blu-ray)
$31.99
Marvel Bundle (Blu-ray)
$64.99
Labor Day (Blu-ray)
$9.96
The Legend of Korra - Book Two: Spirits (Blu-ray)
$19.99
3 Days to Kill (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Displays > LCD TVs

Old 07-14-2010, 07:01 PM   #1

Oct 2007
Newburgh, IN
Send a message via AIM to PDick40
Default What are the signs of a LCD HDTV going bad?

Hello, I have a 52" Sony XBR4 model LCD. I have recently noticed red dots flashing on a couple of shows on ESPN and USA the last couple of days. It doesnt do this on every channel and I haven't noticed it with blu-rays or games. I was just wondering if this was a sign that the tv was going bad or just problems with the channels. Both channels are in HD. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks

Peace

Paul
Old 07-15-2010, 12:51 PM   #2
Expert Member

Jan 2008
Cincinnati Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDick40 View Post
Hello, I have a 52" Sony XBR4 model LCD. I have recently noticed red dots flashing on a couple of shows on ESPN and USA the last couple of days. It doesnt do this on every channel and I haven't noticed it with blu-rays or games. I was just wondering if this was a sign that the tv was going bad or just problems with the channels. Both channels are in HD. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks

Peace

Paul
I would try and duplicate it while watching movies on your bluray player if you see red dots there as well then it is probably the TV but if not I would think it definately your cable or satelite provider.

Living Room
Samsung PN60E7000 Plasma, Panasonic BDT310, Slim PS3 with 250GB HD, Patriot Box Office w/ 1TBHD, APC H10
Pioneer VSX 21TXH w/ Polk CS2, Polk Monitor 60's, Polk FXI3's, PA-120 Sub & Acoustic Audio 12" HD SUB, Harmony One, Cyron LED lights

Bedroom
Samsung LN46B750 LCD, Vizio VSB200-HD Soundbar, Sony BDP-S360, Nintendo Wii, WDTV, Harmony One

PSN: jruc03
Old 07-15-2010, 03:37 PM   #3

Nov 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by jruc03 View Post
I would try and duplicate it while watching movies on your bluray player if you see red dots there as well then it is probably the TV but if not I would think it definately your cable or satelite provider.
+1. If it doesn't do it from channel to channel also. If it does are the dots in the same place?
Pioneer Kuro PRO 111FD
Onkyo 706
Oppo BDP-83
Definitive Technology ProCenter 2000
Def tech Promonitor 1000 R L and surrounds
SVS Subwoofer
Old 07-15-2010, 06:58 PM   #4

Oct 2007
Newburgh, IN

Quote:
Originally Posted by jruc03 View Post
Thanks! That is what I started to think after I started this thread. It seems like it is only on a couple of channels. I swear ESPN used to look great to me, but it's been looking like crap now, same with USA and it seems right now that they are the only channels that I see it. Thanks again, I will be on the lookout on the blurays and games!
Old 07-15-2010, 07:00 PM   #5

Oct 2007
Newburgh, IN

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric oc View Post
+1. If it doesn't do it from channel to channel also. If it does are the dots in the same place?
As of right now, Ive only noticed it on ESPN and USA, and it's kinda hard to tell if the red dots are in the same place, cus there are so many and they flash really fast throughout the whole show.
Old 07-16-2010, 02:55 AM   #6

Feb 2008
Haskins Ohio

this is probably off topic but i have noticed this time of year when the days are longest my cable signal tends to be weaker or have more issues than other times of the year. i also notice it with my cellphone the signal isn't great. could it be something with the position of the earth relative to the sun that causes signal degradation of the satellites?
]
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Displays > LCD TVs