Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
RoboCop (Blu-ray)
$5.00
Ender's Game (Blu-ray)
$13.00
Gremlins (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Gravity 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Mallrats (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Gravity (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Reality Bites (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Dirty Rotten Scoundrels (Blu-ray)
$5.99
Ripper Street: Season Two (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Ocean Giants (Blu-ray)
$11.99
Diary of a Wimpy Kid Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$16.98
Weird Science (Blu-ray)
$6.96
Pacific Rim 3D (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Planet Earth | Life (Blu-ray)
$54.99
The Goonies (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Despicable Me 2 (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Beetlejuice (Blu-ray)
$4.99
The Great Rift (Blu-ray)
$11.99
Old 07-27-2010, 02:07 PM   #1
Special Member

Mar 2010
-
Default Amazon 2-day shipping is late

I got prime with the Amazon student deal, and I ordered a Blu-ray on Sunday w/ free 2-day shipping.
So I checked UPS this morning, and evidently there's a routing problem, so it's not going to be delivered until Thursday.
Will Amazon do anything about this, since it's not arriving when it's supposed to?
Old 07-27-2010, 02:10 PM   #2
Blu-ray Duke

Aug 2007
Tucson Arizona

Quote:
Originally Posted by ts0323 View Post
I got prime with the Amazon student deal, and I ordered a Blu-ray on Sunday w/ free 2-day shipping.
So I checked UPS this morning, and evidently there's a routing problem, so it's not going to be delivered until Thursday.
Will Amazon do anything about this, since it's not arriving when it's supposed to?
the 2 day shipping is not guaranteed. They actually list in their shipping policy that it's only an estimate
Old 07-27-2010, 02:20 PM   #3
Michael Bay's #1 Fan

Aug 2008
Wisconsin PSNetwork: Blu-Benny

email/call them, see what they say.
Old 07-27-2010, 02:20 PM   #4
Special Member

Mar 2010
-

I see.
I'm mainly ticked because this just happened to me last week with another UPS shipment.
Old 07-27-2010, 02:24 PM   #5
Hot Deals Moderator

Aug 2007
Detroit, MI

It's a UPS problem.
Old 07-27-2010, 10:38 PM   #6
Blu-ray King

Feb 2009
Panem
Send a message via AIM to Darth Anakin Send a message via Yahoo to Darth Anakin

Amazon can only ask the shipper to pick it up, they can't really do anything if the shipper doesn't get it there on time.
Old 07-27-2010, 11:14 PM   #7

May 2010
ATL, GA

Yep, what they said man. Once Amazon ships it off to UPS or whoever, it's in their hands. You could always track it as well.
Old 07-27-2010, 11:22 PM   #8
Special Member

Mar 2010
-

OK thanks everyone, I guess I'll just have to wait for it then.
I wish Amazon would switch over to FedEx; they've never been late in my experience.
Old 07-27-2010, 11:34 PM   #9

Jul 2009

Quote:
OK thanks everyone, I guess I'll just have to wait for it then.
I wish Amazon would switch over to FedEx; they've never been late in my experience.
Yeah but more times than UPS do they require a signature from somebody and nobody is home when they try and deliver things to my house.
Old 07-28-2010, 12:10 AM   #10
Blu-ray Count

Feb 2008
on the couch

I have been a Prime member for many years now, 99% of the time it's always on time (even ahead as in overnight if the package is from Nevada) but once in a while there are delays.
Old 07-28-2010, 12:44 AM   #11
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2007

Did Amazon actually ship the order via 2-day UPS or by ground? Usually when an order arrives later than expected it's because UPS screwed up the routing of a package.

I'd recommend addressing this with Amazon since you paid for 2-day delivery and you didn't receive that level of service. A lot of times Amazon uses the cheaper UPS Ground option because they can still get the package to the destination within 2 days. However, UPS doesn't actually guarantee 2 day delivery for a UPS Ground package even if they misroute a package. Amazon won't be able to complain to UPS but that's the risk Amazon took with using the cheaper method. UPS does guarantee their 2nd day delivery option. If your package was shipped via the latter method, Amazon can request a refund from UPS for failing to meet that guarantee. Sometimes Amazon will pass that savings onto the customer and hopefully the more complaints UPS receives the better their service will improve.
Old 07-28-2010, 01:13 AM   #12
Special Member

Mar 2010
-

It turns out it actually was ground, so I guess I'll just complain to Amazon for not shipping two-day.
Old 07-28-2010, 08:40 PM   #13
Special Member

May 2010
Turn around. Very slowly...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalf Stormcrow View Post
Amazon can only ask the shipper to pick it up, they can't really do anything if the shipper doesn't get it there on time.
This isn't true. I've rarely had delays but when it has happened, Amazon automatically gave me a partial credit to my account, $5 or $10 each time, and emailed me to let me know about the delay and they've apologized for the issue. Not once did I ask this but it happened every time there was a delay. That's awesome service.
Old 07-29-2010, 01:29 AM   #14
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2009
South Bay, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by PirateBooty View Post
This isn't true. I've rarely had delays but when it has happened, Amazon automatically gave me a partial credit to my account, $5 or $10 each time, and emailed me to let me know about the delay and they've apologized for the issue. Not once did I ask this but it happened every time there was a delay. That's awesome service.
That's what happened to me when I've gotten a delay on a Prime shipment.
Old 08-16-2010, 11:18 PM   #15
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2008
NC

I've been a Prime member for a few years and have made lots and lots of orders. But I don't think I've ever encountered this before.

I ordered the Bourne Trilogy and got my shipping email today as I normally do. However, in the email, it says the shipper is Unknown and that this shipment doesn't have an associated tracking or delivery confirmation number. Uh, what? why not?

When I view my orders, it does show a UPS tracking number, but when I check that, the UPS site says they can't find any info on it. Usually by this time, it'll at least show the billing info received update.

I've emailed Amazon about it, but was wondering if anyone has ever seen this before.
Old 08-22-2010, 12:22 AM   #16
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2007
Omaha NE
-
-

Quote:
It turns out it actually was ground, so I guess I'll just complain to Amazon for not shipping two-day.
They won't do anything about that either. I had the same problem. I was a prime member and they began shipping my stuff ground. They said they could ship it any way they felt that it would get to me in two days. Well it wasn't and would actually take three to four days, the same amount of time if I didn't have prime and I went for the free shipping for orders over $25. I didn't renew my membership. Lately I have been buying more at brick and mortar stores since most of the discs I bought were the same price as Amazon and the amount for tax would be the same a shipping. Yeah, you will get the people who say they have never had a problem or some who even get their shipments in one day, well good for them. If prime isn't going to work for you, don't pay for it. The problem is they usually don't start pulling this stuff until after you have paid for the subscription and your free trial is over.
Old 08-22-2010, 12:50 AM   #17
Special Member

Nov 2009
San Diego, CA

I've complained to amazon before about 2-day shipping showing up late (one of them took 7 days (5 business) to get here) - for the most part they won't be able to do anything as the shipping was "free", but if you ask them they'll upgrade your next order to next-day shipping at no cost for the inconvenience (at least they did for me).

With that said, I've been ordering from them several times a week for years (and pay for Prime), so I don't know if that makes any difference to them.

It's not often that stuff comes late (but it happens about once a month for me). More often than that, I actually get stuff a day earlier (when they ship with Ontrac), so it works out for the most part. Unfortunately some of the delays have been a bigger deal as I planned to have something on a certain day.
Old 08-22-2010, 04:00 AM   #18
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomik kinder View Post
They won't do anything about that either. I had the same problem. I was a prime member and they began shipping my stuff ground. They said they could ship it any way they felt that it would get to me in two days. Well it wasn't and would actually take three to four days, the same amount of time if I didn't have prime and I went for the free shipping for orders over $25. I didn't renew my membership. Lately I have been buying more at brick and mortar stores since most of the discs I bought were the same price as Amazon and the amount for tax would be the same a shipping. Yeah, you will get the people who say they have never had a problem or some who even get their shipments in one day, well good for them. If prime isn't going to work for you, don't pay for it. The problem is they usually don't start pulling this stuff until after you have paid for the subscription and your free trial is over.
That sucks. You have to wonder why Amazon would expect someone to pay for a certain level of service when they don'tcan't honor that contract. I don't blame you for cancelling but I'm surprised Amazon won't do anything about it.

In the handful of cases I've had problems Amazon did credit me back the retail shipping value. If an item actually shipped 2-day I make a point to contact Amazon and make sure they file a complaint with the shipping carrier; otherwise UPS won't worry about fixing their own problems but that's why UPS has a shipping guarentee with 2-day shipping.
Old 08-22-2010, 05:27 AM   #19
Power Member

Aug 2008
Baltimore, MD

i've never had delays with amazon shipping stuffs to me. before i had prime, they even give me a 1 day shipping on backorder items which i paid/use their super saving. when i got prime, their 2 days shipping was never late.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals > Retail/Shopping