Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
RoboCop (Blu-ray)
$5.00
Frozen Planet (Blu-ray)
$16.98
Fast & Furious 6 (Blu-ray)
$13.00
High Plains Drifter (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Rise of the Guardians (Blu-ray)
$10.00
Ender's Game (Blu-ray)
$13.00
Gravity 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Gravity (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Mallrats (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Turbo (Blu-ray)
$13.00
Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Dirty Rotten Scoundrels (Blu-ray)
$5.99
Gremlins (Blu-ray)
$4.99
The Goonies (Blu-ray)
$4.99
RoboCop (Blu-ray)
$24.99
3 Days to Kill (Blu-ray)
$24.99
The Hunger Games: Catching Fire (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Harry Potter Hogwarts Collection (Blu-ray)
$154.49
Pacific Rim 3D (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 08-07-2010, 05:46 PM   #1
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2008
Champlin, MN
Default Sex and the City 2- Oct 26th

Sex and the City 2 has been announced to be coming out October 26th.

Sex and the City Blu-ray Review

Last edited by Blu Titan; 10-28-2010 at 09:46 PM. Reason: Link added
Old 08-07-2010, 08:12 PM   #2

Nov 2009
Illinois

Consider me not on board for this movie, and I actually enjoyed the first film and somewhat enjoyed the show but this movie alienated me in so many ways and made me question why I ever liked anything about the show or the first movie, these ladies could have not come accross in more repulsive and repugnant manner, no buy for me!
Old 08-08-2010, 12:49 AM   #3
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2010
London, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahossein79 View Post
Consider me not on board for this movie, and I actually enjoyed the first film and somewhat enjoyed the show but this movie alienated me in so many ways and made me question why I ever liked anything about the show or the first movie, these ladies could have not come accross in more repulsive and repugnant manner, no buy for me!
+1. I didn't like the first movie much, and this was awful. Such a shame because the show was pretty good and genuinely groundbreaking at points, and I think many (mostly male) critics have used the movies as an example for how the show was always bad, when it wasn't. But yeah, this movie is incredibly culturally insensitive, occasionally racist, very elitist/classist, and also kind of homophobic in the opening. So many sections, I just couldn't believe they had the gall to be so offensive in such an obvious way, and to make those characters so awful. The fact that all the 'tension' in the final act revolved around them missing their first class flight home (as in, if they were late they'd HAVE TO FLY BACK IN COACH as though that is just the WORST THING EVER) really says it all. Carrie always annoys me, but one of the worst bits was probably Charlotte "I cook with my children in vintage Valentino" and Miranda "I quit my job when i have a sexist male boss" saying 'HOW DO THE WOMEN WITHOUT HELP DO IT, HERE'S TO THEM'. I don't see how any woman, especially if they aren't ridiculously wealthy like everyone in SATC, could not feel so patronised at that.

This review really sums it up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHeQeHstrsc

I did quite enjoy my viewing experience of it though. I was at a cinema which served alcohol and played a drinking game. Cocktail #1 for every time something racist was said, cocktail #2 for elitism. We were wasted by the end.
Old 08-08-2010, 12:55 AM   #4

Sep 2008

i actually enjoyed this movie a lot.

dont knock the movie if you havnt seen it, dudez.

sex > inception
Old 08-08-2010, 02:40 AM   #5
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2010
London, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eru View Post

sex > inception
I have seen it, and the first one, and the series.
Old 08-08-2010, 02:51 AM   #6

Mar 2010

Quote:
sex > inception
Obvious troll is obvious.
Old 08-08-2010, 02:52 AM   #7
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2008
Champlin, MN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Pepper View Post
Obvious troll is obvious.
How is he a troll? He stated his opinion just because he likes Sex and the City 2 more then Inception doesn't mean he's a troll.
Old 08-08-2010, 02:58 AM   #8

Mar 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by detective392 View Post
How is he a troll? He stated his opinion just because he likes Sex and the City 2 more then Inception doesn't mean he's a troll.
It's asking for trouble.
Old 08-08-2010, 03:05 AM   #9
Banned

Dec 2009
Maryland

Quote:

sex > inception
This may be considered "trolling" but here goes...

I don't watch this series because...well....I'm a straight guy. Also, I like to watch shows with actual attractive females. Usually, I would agree with a statement like Eru's, because sex usually beats everything. However, that is not the case with the girls from Sex and the City; they don't qualify. They're old and ugly. Sarah Jessica Parker's face looks like a foot, and Kim Catrall is old as ****. Don't even get me started on that red head. Kristin Davis is the ONLY exception. So it's more like :

Attractive sex > Inception > Sex and the City sex

Last edited by Miadaskate; 08-08-2010 at 03:11 AM.
Old 08-08-2010, 03:10 AM   #10
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2008
Champlin, MN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miadaskate View Post

I don't watch this series because...well....I'm a straight guy. Also, I like to watch shows with actual attractive females. Usually, I would agree with a statement like Eru's, because sex usually beats everything. However, that is not the case with the girls from Sex and the City; they don't qualify. They're old and ugly. Sarah Jessica Parker's face looks like a foot, and Kim Catrall is old as ****. Don't even get me started on that red head. Kristin Davis is the ONLY exception. So it's more like :

Attractive sex > Inception < Sex and the City sex
I agree I think Kristin Davis is the only good looking one in the show. After looking at the other 3 I just get

Last edited by detective392; 08-08-2010 at 03:13 AM.
Old 08-08-2010, 03:15 AM   #11
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2010
London, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Pepper View Post
It's asking for trouble.
haha, that might just be because Inception (which I loved) has managed to garner some particularly vehement fanboys. There's nothing wrong with someone saying they thought a movie could dare to be better.

But regardless of anything, Sex and the City 2 is sexist, racist, imperialistic, homophobic, elitist and classist, and Inception is not. Lots of movies are average or badly made, but rarely are they actually offensive in so many areas. I saw The Last Airbender as well, but I have to say SATC 2 was far more depressing.

But I'm sure I could be accused of trolling because of sharing my negative view of this movie on this thread, I just feel quite passionate about it, I don't mean to disrespect that fans, and I'd be interested in hearing a reasoned defense of it. Besides I'm sure it'll have a good... transfer. or something. And maybe a nice trailer on the BD. For another film.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miadaskate View Post

Attractive sex > Inception > Sex and the City sex
The show and the movies are not the same thing, the movies are so much worse. Not sure it's trolling exactly for refusing to watch something because it doesn't have attractive women in it... I'm sure there's another word for that

Last edited by nametag; 08-08-2010 at 03:19 AM.
Old 08-08-2010, 03:16 AM   #12
Banned

Dec 2009
Maryland

Quote:
I agree I think Kristin Davis is the only good looking one in the show. After looking at the other 3 I just get
lol!
Old 08-08-2010, 03:19 AM   #13
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2010
AMITY ISLAND

I refuse to spend, 20 dollars to own a movie in which a horse rides a camel through the dessert.
Old 08-08-2010, 03:23 AM   #14

Dec 2009
Montana

Terrible movie. The first was excellent, but this was stereotypical and overall dull. Two stars.
Old 08-08-2010, 12:03 PM   #15
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluRayGeek2612 View Post
Terrible movie. The first was excellent, but this was stereotypical and overall dull. Two stars.
It's funny, because most of my friends and I feel the opposite.

The first one had some great moments/scenes, in large part because we hadn't seen them in so long. However, Carrie spends half the movie looking like she's going to cut herself she's so depressed, and
[Show spoiler]how in the hell she ever took Big back after he LEFT HER AT THE ALTAR, IN FRONT OF EVERYONE SHE KNOWS - PLUS THE PRESS! I will never, ever know or understand. I like that he is limited in the new film, because I just hate him forever now.

This one was a fun little adventure, the girls on vacation - which is exactly what I was looking for. Instead of a John Hughes movie, we got a fun adventure.
If you have to whip out a microscope to decide if you like a Blu-ray or not, you are missing the point.

ESSENTIAL STAR WARS READING:
How Disney Bought Lucasfilm
The Special Edition Restoration Process
Old 08-08-2010, 12:07 PM   #16

Sep 2008
Over there, New Zealand.

Miadaskate - There are straight SATC fans out there, just closet ones.

It wasn't on par with the first but i still loved it and will be a day one for me.

Also are people only saying Sarahs face looks like a foot because of Family Guy??

Im gay so naturally i would like it (stereotyping much) and didnt find it homophobic.

I also enjoyed it more then Inception, that movie was alright but looong.
TV: Panasonic Viera TH-P50U20 1080P
Blu-Ray: PS3 Slim/PS4
Mobile: GALAXY S4
A/V Receiver: Onkyo TX-SR606
Sounds: 7.1 Channel Surround

Blu-Blood
Old 08-08-2010, 12:08 PM   #17

Sep 2008
Over there, New Zealand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillieCassin View Post
It's funny, because most of my friends and I feel the opposite.

The first one had some great moments/scenes, in large part because we hadn't seen them in so long. However, Carrie spends half the movie looking like she's going to cut herself she's so depressed, and
[Show spoiler]how in the hell she ever took Big back after he LEFT HER AT THE ALTAR, IN FRONT OF EVERYONE SHE KNOWS - PLUS THE PRESS! I will never, ever know or understand. I like that he is limited in the new film, because I just hate him forever now.

This one was a fun little adventure, the girls on vacation - which is exactly what I was looking for. Instead of a John Hughes movie, we got a fun adventure.
Love and her history with big??

Screw spoilers. If people haven't seen it by now then tough.

(double post much)
TV: Panasonic Viera TH-P50U20 1080P
Blu-Ray: PS3 Slim/PS4
Mobile: GALAXY S4
A/V Receiver: Onkyo TX-SR606
Sounds: 7.1 Channel Surround

Blu-Blood
Old 08-08-2010, 12:51 PM   #18
Expert Member

Sep 2009
Europe
Send a message via Yahoo to NYorker

This release will make everyone cancel their Alien Anthology pre-orders; ditch their plans for Apocalypse Now. Forget the BTTF trilogy.
Panasonic plasma 60ST60
PS3 120 GB
Tannoy Mercury V4
Monitor Audio MSW10
Pioneer VSX-521
Old 08-08-2010, 04:26 PM   #19

Jan 2009

Ewww... a franchise killer def!
Old 08-08-2010, 04:46 PM   #20
Blu-ray Guru

Mar 2009
Insane Alylum for the over achievers.

Quote:
Sex and the City 2 has been announced to be coming out October 26th.
That is my birthday.

NO ONE BUY IT FOR ME OR I WILL COME TO YOUR HOUSE AND MAKE YOU WATCH IT 1000 TIMES.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America