Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
RoboCop (Blu-ray)
$5.00
Far and Away (Blu-ray)
$10.49
Somewhere in Time (Blu-ray)
$10.49
Gravity 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Fast & Furious 6 (Blu-ray)
$13.00
Ender's Game (Blu-ray)
$13.00
Frozen Planet (Blu-ray)
$16.98
Gravity (Blu-ray)
$12.99
8-Film Action Collection (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Intolerable Cruelty (Blu-ray)
$10.49
Mallrats (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues (Blu-ray)
$12.99
The Simpsons: The Sixteenth Season (Blu-ray)
$22.98
BTOOOM!: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$29.99
High Plains Drifter (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Dirty Rotten Scoundrels (Blu-ray)
$5.99
Gremlins (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Planet Earth (Blu-ray)
$45.99
Persona 4 the Animation: Collection 1 (Blu-ray)
$26.99

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

Old 08-09-2010, 04:04 PM   #1
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2008
York, somewhere else in England
Default Cloverfield Sequel

It also has nothing to do with Super 8

Source:MTV

Quote:
Director Matt Reeves did something really fascinating with "Cloverfield" in giving us a "monster invades city" movie told from the perspective of a small group of fleeing citizens. The people who are usually staring down the gullet of a massive destructive force instead take centerstage. The results are quite suspenseful.

MTV spoke to Reeves recently about his upcoming "Let the Right One In" remake, "Let Me In," but we managed to squeeze in a few questions about the status of the frequently asked about "Cloverfield" sequel. Reeves admitted that both himself and producer J.J. Abrams are focused on other things right now, but there's definitely still a strong interest in returning to that universe.

"It really isn't the moment for [the sequel] to go any further than it has, but it continues to be a priority for both of us," Reeves said. "J.J. is very immersed in putting together 'Super 8.' He's... in pre-production and really, really passionately getting that together. And I'm passionately finishing 'Let Me In.'"

Reeves also confirmed that there's no connection between the two films, "Cloverfield" and "Super 8." "['Super 8'] is not the 'Cloverfield' sequel. ... There literally is no connection whatsoever [between 'Super 8' and 'Cloverfield']. It's just a really cool idea for a film. I know what [J.J. is] doing and it's amazing."
Old 08-09-2010, 04:09 PM   #2
Special Member

Mar 2010
-

Well, I'm glad it's still happening.
Old 08-09-2010, 04:18 PM   #3
Power Member

Sep 2009

I'm glad they still want to do something else with Cloverfield.
Old 08-09-2010, 04:26 PM   #4
Blu-ray Guru

Mar 2009
Insane Alylum for the over achievers.

First was OK, so will look forward to a second helping of mindless idiots getting mashed up.

My only thing with this, if it is going to be a time before we get it, will people remember the first for what it was.
Old 08-09-2010, 04:30 PM   #5

Sep 2009

Yeah, I don't know about this. CLOVERFIELD was a great monster movie. I'm not sure they could seriously tap that vein again. I'd definitely be interested in seeing how they could follow it up.
Old 08-09-2010, 07:06 PM   #6
Blu-ray Knight

Jun 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Conspiracist View Post
Yeah, I don't know about this. CLOVERFIELD was a great monster movie. I'm not sure they could seriously tap that vein again. I'd definitely be interested in seeing how they could follow it up.
dont remember where i heard this....but a while ago, i heard they were going to make the sequel told from a different persons perspective of the same day in a different part of the city....
Oh, you should never, never doubt what nobody is sure about. ~WiLLy WonKa~

PSN - Lacit
Old 08-09-2010, 07:32 PM   #7
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacit170 View Post
dont remember where i heard this....but a while ago, i heard they were going to make the sequel told from a different persons perspective of the same day in a different part of the city....
Well if they do, hopefully that person has a slightly more stable camcorder I say just re-release Cloverfield and have that as an alternate branch.
Old 08-09-2010, 11:52 PM   #8
Hot Deals Moderator

Aug 2007
Detroit, MI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey View Post
Well if they do, hopefully that person has a slightly more stable camcorder
Actually, Cloverfield was unrealistic because the camera was too stable.
Old 08-10-2010, 12:02 AM   #9
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2008
Mexico, OH

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitSportsFan View Post
Actually, Cloverfield was unrealistic because the camera was too stable.
Nice. If it was me filming and not Hud, you'd shut the film off after the first 2 minutes.
Old 08-10-2010, 12:12 AM   #10
Hot Deals Moderator

Aug 2007
Detroit, MI

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrlandoEastwood View Post
Nice. If it was me filming and not Hud, you'd shut the film off after the first 2 minutes.
Exactly. People running for their lives probably wouldn't take the time set up a tripod.
Old 08-10-2010, 12:35 AM   #11

Sep 2009

Quote:
You know, I had heard this, too. What I recall hearing or reading was that there's a part wherein the lead camera dude lands a shot on another guy on the bridge (before the bridge is trashed) who's actually videoing him, and that was going to be the perspective ... that we'd end up seeing this other self-contained story within the same timeframe of the original film, but following another cast of characters, and the only linkage would be seeing one another from the bridge. Don't know what to make of that idea, other than the fact that it's a 'gimmick' to tie in to the first flick.
Old 08-10-2010, 01:50 AM   #12
Banned

Jan 2010

I still don't get the first one
Old 08-10-2010, 05:27 AM   #13
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2008
Illinois

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Blend View Post
I still don't get the first one
Yuppies have party. Monster randomly appears. Hell breaks loose. See yuppies get torn up. End of movie.

Quote:
The director had said a while ago he was thinking about making the sequel from the Marines' perspective. Hopefully they won't go that route. It'd be kinda pointless to re-hash the same story.
Old 08-10-2010, 06:15 AM   #14
Blu-ray Guru

Mar 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Offender_Mullet View Post
The director had said a while ago he was thinking about making the sequel from the Marines' perspective. Hopefully they won't go that route. It'd be kinda pointless to re-hash the same story.
The marines or a proper reporter doing the same time frame would be nice.

That is the point of sequels. Rehash the same story to make some more money Cannot see another way to do a sequel.
Old 08-10-2010, 06:43 AM   #15
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2008
Illinois

lol. The movie would've been better having the Marines as the focal point. The first what...20 minutes of the movie where they're at the house party was so incredibly boring. That scene would've worked as a better transition into the action if it were trimmed-down a lot, even though it did make you dislike the main characters even more and wished them to have a quick death.
Old 08-10-2010, 08:43 AM   #16
Blu-ray Guru

Mar 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Offender_Mullet View Post
lol. The movie would've been better having the Marines as the focal point. The first what...20 minutes of the movie where they're at the house party was so incredibly boring. That scene would've worked as a better transition into the action if it were trimmed-down a lot, even though it did make you dislike the main characters even more and wished them to have a quick death.
Apart from Dairy of the Dead, I cannot think of another group of characters where I was looking forward to there deaths so much. Your right about the party scene. Scrap it or at least take 19 minutes from it. All it did was show how bad these people were.
Old 08-10-2010, 09:20 AM   #17
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2008
York, somewhere else in England

Quote:
Originally Posted by koontz1973 View Post
The marines or a proper reporter doing the same time frame would be nice.
The problem with that though is the reporter has already been done in [REC] 1 and the Marines is rather similar to [REC]2
Old 08-10-2010, 09:47 AM   #18
Blu-ray Guru

Mar 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foggy View Post
The problem with that though is the reporter has already been done in [REC] 1 and the Marines is rather similar to [REC]2
I know, but apart from re hashing the same story from the view point of a different set of people, there really is no other people walking around a city with a camera. Even a sequel set after the first film needs a different set of people or it really will be repetitive.

How about from the view point of the monster. Give it a collar camera.

Scary isn't it
Old 08-10-2010, 09:48 AM   #19
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foggy View Post
I just think that Cloverfield should be shot on actual film, not with handheld. I kind of think that Cloverfield had it's run with the handheld action, [REC] 2 made sense to really continue the handheld idea and even threw in the small cams on the SWAT's helmets, which was awesome.

However, I think Cloverfield 2 should either have a new type of handheld idea or just shoot standard. Either way though, I'm excited for this one.
Old 03-19-2011, 05:45 PM   #20
Special Member

Oct 2008
Default Cloverfield 2

This is all I can find......If anybody has anything to add please add. I loved the first movie

In a recent 2011 interview, Matt Reeves gave an update on the status of Cloverfield 2, saying, "Getting the right idea together has been taking a long time." "You are going to see it - we just don't know when [laughs]. "At the moment we are talking about the story quite a lot. Drew Goddard, who wrote the original, is going to pen the sequel and JJ Abrams is very much involved." "However, the three of us have been so busy that getting the right idea together has been taking a long time." When asked if the sequel will shoot in real-time again, Reeves stated "You see, that's a difficult part: we want it to be shot like the first but how can you continue that idea successfully for a second time?" "We have a lot of affection for the original and the sequel can't just be the same thing. But that is tricky when you need to have a monster destroying stuff once again."
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies