Best PS3 Game Deals

Best PS3 Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Soon: The Little Girl Who Lives Down… $12.99 ()
Soon: Tough Guys ()

Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Akiba's Trip: Undead & Undressed (PS3)
$13.43
Dynasty Warriors 7: Xtreme Legends (PS3)
$10.58
Sonic the Hedgehog (PS3)
$13.39
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES (PS3)
$14.59
Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII (PS3)
$8.00
Final Fantasy IX (PS3)
$14.28
Rio (PS3)
$18.08
Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault (PS3)
$19.99
Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package (PS3)
$32.01
Madden NFL 13 (PS3)
$11.06
LittleBigPlanet Karting (PS3)
$18.60
Grand Theft Auto IV & Episodes from Liberty City (PS3)
$17.34
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS3

Old 08-17-2010, 08:52 PM   #1
Blu-ray Baron

Jul 2008
Champlin, MN
Default Dragon Age 2 "Out Now"

Just saw the Dragon Age 2 trailer and can't wait for March 8th.

Release date March 8th

Dragon Age 2 thrusts players into the role of Hawke, a refugee who survives the destruction of his homeland and becomes the Champion of Kirkwall. The lore around Hawke's rise to power is shrouded in myth and rumor and is the driving force behind this all-new story spanning 10 years in the Dragon Age universe timeline. Players will uniquely experience how this legend unfolds by gathering the deadliest of allies, making tough moral choices, amassing fame and fortune, and sealing their place in history.

trailer- http://www.gametrailers.com/video/gc...n-age-2/702959

Box Art ( Could change by release date)

Last edited by MaCruz; 03-08-2011 at 06:02 PM.
Old 08-17-2010, 09:25 PM   #2
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2008
Los Angeles, CA

You need to put up pics and info in the first post if you're going to start a new thread I am TOTALLY looking forward to this. I thought DA:O was the most awesome CRPG ever. I hope they dont screw up the sequel.
Platinum/100%
Dead Space 2 | Dead Space | Resident Evil 5 | Fallout: New Vegas | Fallout 3 + GOTY DLC | God Of War III
COD: Modern Warfare 2 | COD: World at War | 007 Quantum of Solace | Terminator Salvation
Bioshock | Bioshock 2 | Uncharted 2 | Infamous | Mercenaries 2
PJ Monsters | Savage Moon
PSN: SoCalTiger / FunSocalTiger ||| Steam: SoCalTiger
Old 08-17-2010, 09:42 PM   #3
Gaming Moderator

Aug 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by funsocaltiger View Post
You need to put up pics and info in the first post if you're going to start a new thread I am TOTALLY looking forward to this. I thought DA:O was the most awesome CRPG ever. I hope they dont screw up the sequel.
I hope they improve the interface, though, and make it more similar to PCRPG's. I hated that you had to open the radial menu four different times to redirect the actions of four different characters, and I think that a turn-based RPG should be pausable at the end of each turn. Irrespective, I still will play, and I still have to play a few of the DLC components of DA:O.
Old 08-17-2010, 09:48 PM   #4
Blu-ray Baron

Jul 2008
Champlin, MN

Quote:
Hopefully I added enough info to the first post. I think this is my most anticipated RPG for next year.
Old 08-18-2010, 03:33 AM   #5
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2008
Los Angeles, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsteinhauer View Post
I hope they improve the interface, though, and make it more similar to PCRPG's. I hated that you had to open the radial menu four different times to redirect the actions of four different characters, and I think that a turn-based RPG should be pausable at the end of each turn. Irrespective, I still will play, and I still have to play a few of the DLC components of DA:O.
Well, I haven't played the PC version of DA:O but I assumed the radial menu and stuff was just the way they made it for consoles. Maybe someone with the PC version can answer that? I always felt this game really screamed to be played on the PC instead.
Platinum/100%
Dead Space 2 | Dead Space | Resident Evil 5 | Fallout: New Vegas | Fallout 3 + GOTY DLC | God Of War III
COD: Modern Warfare 2 | COD: World at War | 007 Quantum of Solace | Terminator Salvation
Old 08-18-2010, 12:21 PM   #6
Gaming Moderator

Aug 2007

Quote:
Well, I haven't played the PC version of DA:O but I assumed the radial menu and stuff was just the way they made it for consoles. Maybe someone with the PC version can answer that? I always felt this game really screamed to be played on the PC instead.
I did not play the PC version, either, but controls are supposed to be similar to Neverwinter Nights, which I played only briefly, but long enough to know it's similar to the Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale games (except it's radial). It's the way turn-based (D&D style) RPG's are supposed to be played. Pause the game. Decide what each character will do and where they will go for the next turn all in one session at the menu, unpause, and the game rolls the dice for all characters and NPC actions, then paused for the next turn.

I think the tactics slots are very cumbersome and time consuming and near impossible to optimize, and I'm not sure if the uncontrolled characters lose turns, if the conditions of their slots can not be met. The slots would be unnecessary the other way.
Old 08-18-2010, 01:29 PM   #7

Feb 2009
Canton, OH

VERY excited for this!
Old 08-18-2010, 02:48 PM   #8
Blu-ray Duke

Apr 2009
Out there...past them trees...

Ah man, I haven't even finished "Origins" yet. These games will suck up my life...
Old 08-18-2010, 04:17 PM   #9
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2008
Los Angeles, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsteinhauer View Post
I think the tactics slots are very cumbersome and time consuming and near impossible to optimize, and I'm not sure if the uncontrolled characters lose turns, if the conditions of their slots can not be met. The slots would be unnecessary the other way.
Yeah, it was a neat idea but execution was kinda horrible. It was a PITA to keep maintained so half the time I didn't deal with it.

I'm pretty sure they don't lose turns though. I think they just go through the list from 1-x and do the first one which applies. If none apply I think they just do their default attack or whatever depending on their stance.
Platinum/100%
Old 10-02-2010, 06:06 PM   #10
Blu-ray Baron

Dec 2007
Alabama

Biowoare sent me a code for The Staff of Parthalan.
Old 10-02-2010, 11:48 PM   #11
Blu-ray Baron

May 2009
Fujiwara Tofu Shop

Mass Effect 2 on PS3 and Dragon Age 2 both coming out on the same year. This is a nice treat for us, especially considering the fact that Dragon Age: Origins was one of the two best RPGs of 2009 (the other being of course Demon's Souls).
My Top 5 Movies of 2017: Dunkirk | Blade Runner 2049 | Logan | Baby Driver | Your Name (Kimi no Nawa)

My Current Avatar: Rei Ayanami from Neon Genesis Evangelion

A lot of people ask me where I get my username from... you're welcome.
PSN ID: kotsedriver
Old 10-06-2010, 04:09 AM   #12
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2008
Los Angeles, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefbowl View Post
Biowoare sent me a code for The Staff of Parthalan.
What? What is that and how do you get it? haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotsedriver View Post
Mass Effect 2 on PS3 and Dragon Age 2 both coming out on the same year. This is a nice treat for us, especially considering the fact that Dragon Age: Origins was one of the two best RPGs of 2009 (the other being of course Demon's Souls).
I'm passing on ME2 on the PS3 only because I'm planning on getting it on the PC when the "GOTY" comes out and is super cheap. Hmmm actually, I'm probably only going to get DA2 on PC too haha.
Platinum/100%
Old 10-06-2010, 05:37 AM   #13
Blu-ray Baron

Dec 2007
Alabama

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalTiger View Post
What? What is that and how do you get it? haha

The Staff of Parthalan
Magic has always run strongly within the Hawke bloodline. The tales passed down from one generation to the next tell of an ancestor named Parthalan, a mage who long ago helped to unite Ferelden under the rule of King Calenhad. Parthalan eventually vanished into legend, fleeing the persecution of the Chantry, but his legacy remains in the hands of his family - along with his hope that one day, mages would achieve the freedom that King Calenhad intended to bring to all men.
Old 10-06-2010, 08:05 PM   #14
Blu-ray Baron

May 2009
Fujiwara Tofu Shop

Dragon Age 2 will let you import "the world" from Dragon Age: Origins.
My Top 5 Movies of 2017: Dunkirk | Blade Runner 2049 | Logan | Baby Driver | Your Name (Kimi no Nawa)

My Current Avatar: Rei Ayanami from Neon Genesis Evangelion

A lot of people ask me where I get my username from... you're welcome.
PSN ID: kotsedriver
Old 10-12-2010, 12:19 AM   #15
Gaming Moderator

Aug 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefbowl View Post
I tried to do this, and found that I was alread subscribed to this newsletter. I have received neither the newsletter nor any stuff?

Last edited by jsteinhauer; 10-12-2010 at 12:42 AM.
Old 10-12-2010, 04:08 PM   #16
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2006

Really looking forward to this game. Hopefully, they retool the visuals though... The original, despite its appealing expansive vistas, looked quite bad for the most part.
Madden 2011: GoMikeVickGo, 75-36, 2% DNF, Avg Opponent Lvl = 5
Madden Leagues: Patriots (8-0), Eagles (12-0), Lions Fantasy (6-2)
Old 10-12-2010, 05:58 PM   #17
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2007

Hopefully the import changes from DA:O are more profound than those of Mass Effect.

Something more than an email saying "Sup? Remember when you did this for me? Yeah, that was cool."

I'd really like it if the story itself played out differently, not just the occasional different face, or email like the above, or random bit of extra dialogue which has no bearing on the story as a whole, regardless of how cool it seems.
Old 02-08-2011, 08:31 PM   #18
Blu-ray Baron

Jul 2008
Champlin, MN

2 awesome new videos that make me want this game even more. The new combat for the ps3 version doesn't really bother me anymore after seeing the preview video.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/pr...gon-age/710304

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/ch...gon-age/710289
Old 02-08-2011, 09:21 PM   #19

Jul 2008
Syndicate HQ :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terjyn View Post
Hopefully the import changes from DA:O are more profound than those of Mass Effect.

Something more than an email saying "Sup? Remember when you did this for me? Yeah, that was cool."

I'd really like it if the story itself played out differently, not just the occasional different face, or email like the above, or random bit of extra dialogue which has no bearing on the story as a whole, regardless of how cool it seems.
....What about blowjobs? Those are new to Dragon Age
Old 02-08-2011, 09:25 PM   #20
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2008
Los Angeles, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ippiki Okami View Post
....What about blowjobs? Those are new to Dragon Age
I'd click that link except I'm sure it would set off some sort of alert on my work proxy.
Platinum/100%
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS3