Best PS3 Game Deals

Best PS3 Game Deals, See All the Deals »

Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Akiba's Trip: Undead & Undressed (PS3)
$13.43
Dynasty Warriors 7: Xtreme Legends (PS3)
$10.58
The Last of Us (PS3)
$17.36
Sonic the Hedgehog (PS3)
$13.39
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES (PS3)
$14.29
Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII (PS3)
$8.00
Final Fantasy IX (PS3)
$14.28
Rio (PS3)
$18.08
Far Cry 3 (PS3)
$17.54
Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault (PS3)
$19.99
Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package (PS3)
$32.01
Madden NFL 13 (PS3)
$11.06
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS3


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2011, 10:57 PM   #21
Ippiki Okami Ippiki Okami is offline
Senior Member
 
Ippiki Okami's Avatar
 
Jul 2008
Syndicate HQ :D
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalTiger View Post
I'd click that link except I'm sure it would set off some sort of alert on my work proxy.
....don't worry your not missing much since nothing is actually shown

here is part of the official ESRB summary that makes reference to "blowjobs":

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESRB Rating summary
During the course of the game, characters sometimes engage in sexual dialogue (e.g., “Why is it always about sex with you?” and “Sailing is like sex. Do it wrong, and it’ll make you sick.”). Players can also initiate brief cutscene sequences in which couples (male-female or same-sex) are shown kissing and embracing one another in a bedroom as the screen fades to black. In one cutscene, a woman kneels in front of a male character and appears to perform fellatio—there is no depiction of the sex act; the camera pans out to the rest of the room. The words “a*s,” “bastard,” and “sh*t” appear in dialogue.
OMG how scandalous!
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 12:13 AM   #22
jsteinhauer jsteinhauer is offline
Gaming Moderator
 
jsteinhauer's Avatar
 
Aug 2007
120
66
Default

You know, I don't have a problem with it, but I do find it pretty pointless. It adds nothing to a gaming experience. I don't know, if that's what it takes to market games to teenagers, but if someone really wants a BJ, they really ought to go get a real one and quit beating off to videogames.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 03:47 AM   #23
jsteinhauer jsteinhauer is offline
Gaming Moderator
 
jsteinhauer's Avatar
 
Aug 2007
120
66
Default

Briefly tried the demo today. A little bummed out. I was hoping they'd change the battle UI instead of just making it seem mor like real time. I wanted the option to give it a more old school turn based feel. I'm still holding out hope that party control will be more concise. The Mass Effect 2 interface (or a version of it) would be preferable.

However, the game looks pretty exciting for those of you who want more real time combat action.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 05:19 AM   #24
ariakon ariakon is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
ariakon's Avatar
 
Dec 2009
VA
47
Default

I'm so torn about the new gameplay! In a short burst, it was great...but I plan to play DA2 for at least forty hours. I'm worried it will turn into Dragon Age: Dynasty Warriors. We'll see what options exist, though. Loving the improved graphics.
Currently Playing: Overwatch, Uncharted 4, Doom

Looking Forward to: Abzu, Titanfall 2, Horizon Zero Dawn
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 05:36 AM   #25
Variable_Star Variable_Star is offline
Expert Member
 
Variable_Star's Avatar
 
Jun 2010
United States
620
1308
Default

I liked the demo too, though it was a bit irritating that they disabled things like the character creation and inventory screen. How can a player (especially one new to the franchise) get a feel for the game if you shut down key components of the experience? By comparison, Bioware's Mass Effect 2 demo didn't disable these options.

Of course, I noticed Dragon Age is fashioned very similar to their flagship franchise, so I imagine the inventory operates in a somewhat similar fashion. I'm always curious how an RPG's inventory is designed, because a poorly conceived one can seriously degrade the experience. I'm still on the fence about this one, but the demo at least got me interested!
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 07:57 AM   #26
Beefbowl Beefbowl is offline
Blu-ray Baron
 
Beefbowl's Avatar
 
Dec 2007
Alabama
20
749
20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsteinhauer View Post
Briefly tried the demo today. A little bummed out. I was hoping they'd change the battle UI instead of just making it seem mor like real time. I wanted the option to give it a more old school turn based feel. I'm still holding out hope that party control will be more concise. The Mass Effect 2 interface (or a version of it) would be preferable.

However, the game looks pretty exciting for those of you who want more real time combat action.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ariakon View Post
I'm so torn about the new gameplay! In a short burst, it was great...but I plan to play DA2 for at least forty hours. I'm worried it will turn into Dragon Age: Dynasty Warriors. We'll see what options exist, though. Loving the improved graphics.

It's going to play like ME2. You can play it like an action game or you can hold the R2 and pick your spells/moves and let it play out. I watched the video of them explaining it, they wanted to balance it out as the Mage in DAO was very dominant.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 12:16 PM   #27
jsteinhauer jsteinhauer is offline
Gaming Moderator
 
jsteinhauer's Avatar
 
Aug 2007
120
66
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefbowl View Post
It's going to play like ME2. You can play it like an action game or you can hold the R2 and pick your spells/moves and let it play out. I watched the video of them explaining it, they wanted to balance it out as the Mage in DAO was very dominant.
One important thing missing in DA:O was the ability to direct your whole party during a single pause of the game. You had to pause, direct party member, restart, select next character, pause, direct another member. Then, your nonselected team member would default back to the tactical slots. In the old Bioware RPG's, you could do it all at once, just like ME2. Also, I really, really miss the option to pause the game after each turn (round of die rolls).
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 12:38 PM   #28
Beefbowl Beefbowl is offline
Blu-ray Baron
 
Beefbowl's Avatar
 
Dec 2007
Alabama
20
749
20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsteinhauer View Post
One important thing missing in DA:O was the ability to direct your whole party during a single pause of the game. You had to pause, direct party member, restart, select next character, pause, direct another member. Then, your nonselected team member would default back to the tactical slots. In the old Bioware RPG's, you could do it all at once, just like ME2. Also, I really, really miss the option to pause the game after each turn (round of die rolls).
Couldn't you hold R2 and still switch characters? I can't remember. The game was pretty easy that I could just give directions real time.

I don't miss pausing after each at all. ME pretty much ruined that type of gameplay for me. I can't play FFXIII for this reason.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 01:24 PM   #29
bobuk12 bobuk12 is offline
Active Member
 
Dec 2009
Default

I must admit the demo has really shook my interest in DA:2. The choppy graphics, horrid animations, lackluster combat (a,a,a,a,a,a special attack, a,a,a,a,a) is pretty terrible.

I'm sure a lot of people liked it, that's fine too I really hope I'm missing something, but the demo bummed me out BIG TIME
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 01:51 PM   #30
Beefbowl Beefbowl is offline
Blu-ray Baron
 
Beefbowl's Avatar
 
Dec 2007
Alabama
20
749
20
Default

you guys should check out this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otNeB...eature=related
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 06:48 PM   #31
detective392 detective392 is offline
Blu-ray Baron
 
detective392's Avatar
 
Jul 2008
Champlin, MN
3
439
293
21
Default

Not sure if it was my ps3 or something but did anyone else's game freeze for a few seconds now and then and it just felt very choppy? like it was lagging sometimes even though I was on a ps3 and it's not even an online game.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 07:41 PM   #32
SoCalTiger SoCalTiger is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
SoCalTiger's Avatar
 
Feb 2008
Los Angeles, CA
1
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by detective392 View Post
Not sure if it was my ps3 or something but did anyone else's game freeze for a few seconds now and then and it just felt very choppy? like it was lagging sometimes even though I was on a ps3 and it's not even an online game.
Did you play the first one? The first one had FPS issues on the PS3 also.
Platinum/100%
Dead Space 2 | Dead Space | Resident Evil 5 | Fallout: New Vegas | Fallout 3 + GOTY DLC | God Of War III
COD: Modern Warfare 2 | COD: World at War | 007 Quantum of Solace | Terminator Salvation
Bioshock | Bioshock 2 | Uncharted 2 | Infamous | Mercenaries 2
PJ Monsters | Savage Moon
PSN: SoCalTiger / FunSocalTiger ||| Steam: SoCalTiger
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 08:06 PM   #33
detective392 detective392 is offline
Blu-ray Baron
 
detective392's Avatar
 
Jul 2008
Champlin, MN
3
439
293
21
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalTiger View Post
Did you play the first one? The first one had FPS issues on the PS3 also.
No never played the first one except on my PC but I didn't really play that much so I didn't notice any issues.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 08:47 PM   #34
Beefbowl Beefbowl is offline
Blu-ray Baron
 
Beefbowl's Avatar
 
Dec 2007
Alabama
20
749
20
Default

I just played the demo and it really did feel like a hack and slash game. lol. It was still awesome! Day one for me.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 08:52 PM   #35
Frenchy17 Frenchy17 is offline
Special Member
 
Frenchy17's Avatar
 
May 2008
College Station, Texas
104
Send a message via Yahoo to Frenchy17
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefbowl View Post
I just played the demo and it really did feel like a hack and slash game. lol. It was still awesome! Day one for me.
I am surprised it wasn't day 1 for you the day you finished the first one
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 08:58 PM   #36
Beefbowl Beefbowl is offline
Blu-ray Baron
 
Beefbowl's Avatar
 
Dec 2007
Alabama
20
749
20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchy17 View Post
I am surprised it wasn't day 1 for you the day you finished the first one
I had this game on pre-order as soon as it was up

Playing the demo with the Mage and the Mage is freaking powerful.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 09:13 PM   #37
SoCalTiger SoCalTiger is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
SoCalTiger's Avatar
 
Feb 2008
Los Angeles, CA
1
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by detective392 View Post
No never played the first one except on my PC but I didn't really play that much so I didn't notice any issues.
The FPS issues are console-specific. The DA games don't play well/aren't optimized properly at least for the PS3. If you have a gaming PC you wouldn't notice any of these issues.
Platinum/100%
Dead Space 2 | Dead Space | Resident Evil 5 | Fallout: New Vegas | Fallout 3 + GOTY DLC | God Of War III
COD: Modern Warfare 2 | COD: World at War | 007 Quantum of Solace | Terminator Salvation
Bioshock | Bioshock 2 | Uncharted 2 | Infamous | Mercenaries 2
PJ Monsters | Savage Moon
PSN: SoCalTiger / FunSocalTiger ||| Steam: SoCalTiger
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 06:10 AM   #38
Beefbowl Beefbowl is offline
Blu-ray Baron
 
Beefbowl's Avatar
 
Dec 2007
Alabama
20
749
20
Default

30 min video showing more details of the game.

http://uk.gamespot.com/shows/now-pla...=topslot;img;1
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 02:11 PM   #39
Mr. J Mr. J is offline
Gaming Moderator
 
Mr. J's Avatar
 
Jul 2008
Arkham Asylum
6
653
14
195
271
4
165
Default

Demo was great! Much better than Dragon Age Origins
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 02:18 PM   #40
Beefbowl Beefbowl is offline
Blu-ray Baron
 
Beefbowl's Avatar
 
Dec 2007
Alabama
20
749
20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. J View Post
Demo was great! Much better than Dragon Age Origins
Flemeth looked badass compared to DAO
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS3


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:39 AM.