Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Walking Dead: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99
2 hrs ago
Edge of Tomorrow 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
2 hrs ago
Edge of Tomorrow (Blu-ray)
$14.99
6 hrs ago
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Blu-ray)
$14.99
1 hr ago
Halloween: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$79.99
10 hrs ago
Alien Anthology and Prometheus (Blu-ray)
$19.98
10 hrs ago
Jersey Boys (Blu-ray)
$14.99
6 hrs ago
Neighbors (Blu-ray)
$9.99
6 hrs ago
Tammy (Blu-ray)
$14.99
7 hrs ago
Godzilla (Blu-ray)
$14.99
9 hrs ago
Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure (Blu-ray)
$4.99
4 hrs ago
Arrow: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Alien Quadrilogy (Blu-ray)
$16.99
23 hrs ago
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray Movies

Old 08-26-2010, 10:48 PM   #1

Mar 2009
Default Q: Can you rent 3D Blu-rays?

hi
anybody know where can i rent the bluray 3d movies
or
did they start renting it out yet
please help
Old 08-27-2010, 12:45 AM   #2

Sep 2009
State of Relativity
Send a message via Yahoo to HiDefRev
Default 3D Blu-ray

Huh ? You're wanting to rent Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs ? AFAIK, that's the ONLY 3D BD that's been released for sale so far in this country. I'll be glad to rent you MY copy...but it'll cost you.....
Living Room: Samsung PN60F5500 3D Plasma HDTV, Samsung BD-F5900 3D Blu-ray player, Onkyo TX-NR626 3D 7.2 AV Receiver, BIC DV84 Front Tower Speakers, BIC DV62si Side Surround and Back Surround Speakers, BIC DV62 CLR-S Center Speaker, BIC RtR EV-1200 Subwoofers x2, DIRECTV HR44 Genie DVR, Monoprice cables
Master Bedroom: Vizio E470VL 1080p HDTV, DIRECTV Genie Client

Last edited by HiDefRev; 08-27-2010 at 12:47 AM.
Old 08-29-2010, 03:13 PM   #3

Mar 2009

I thougt
iceage 3
moster vs aliens

are also in 3d
isn't it
and iam looking for regular movies in 3d though

how much for how long!!!iwonder
Old 08-29-2010, 05:52 PM   #4
Special Member

May 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris26 View Post
I thougt
iceage 3
moster vs aliens

are also in 3d
isn't it
and iam looking for regular movies in 3d though

how much for how long!!!iwonder
There is a number of 3D Blu-rays out there. But at the moment all of them but Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs are tied up on exclusive packages with the 3D TV brands. (At least in the USA.) This means they are unavailable to purchase unless you by the TV, or the 3D glasses starter kit from Samsung.

The next general release is Monster House 3D, coming up September 14th.
And the first live action 3D release (other than the Imax documentaries) will likely be Resident Evil Afterlife. Which hits theaters September 10th. That one will be released on blu-ray 3D as soon as the movie is ready for a blu-ray release.

It's likely to be a long time before any of these 3D Blu-rays are available to rent. If ever. But from what I hear, Direct TV has a 3D Channel where you can order 3D movies off of, if you wanted to go that rout.

Last edited by Lovemy3D; 08-29-2010 at 06:13 PM.
Old 08-29-2010, 10:09 PM   #5

Mar 2009

oh Thankyou lovemy3d
probably direct tvis the best option for rightnow
Old 08-31-2010, 03:59 AM   #6
Special Member

May 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris26 View Post
oh Thankyou lovemy3d
probably direct tvis the best option for rightnow
You're welcome. The Direct TV option is not such a bad deal if you watch a lot of cable TV anyway, and don't mind paying extra for the pay per view on the 3D movies. And there is always the 3D sporting events too. I checked into it, and decided to just wait for the blu-rays though. I don't watch much normal TV, or sports. I mostly watch stuff from Netflix. So I didn't want to sign up for a two year contract just so I could have one pay per view 3D channel. Maybe it will work out for you though. Good luck.

Last edited by Lovemy3D; 08-31-2010 at 04:02 AM.
Old 12-07-2010, 04:08 PM   #7

Nov 2008
Everywhere
Default 3D movies

I put some great movie deals in the Movie deal section.... This week at Ultimate Electronics.... Hopefully BB will match their prices if there isnt a UE by you
Panasonic VT 65 Plasma
Halcro MC 50 Amp
Krell Foundation Pre/Pro
Oppo BDP103
Meridan G08 CDP
REL 528 SUB
Tyler D-1 Main Audes Grand Sentral Center
Audes Blues Rear.
Running Springs Audio Conditioner
Old 12-27-2010, 12:02 AM   #8

Dec 2010

Okay, I'm new around here. I DID do a search, but could not find it. Has Netflix indicated that they will be (are?) offering Blu-ray 3D titles?
Old 12-27-2010, 05:02 PM   #9
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimhim View Post
Okay, I'm new around here. I DID do a search, but could not find it. Has Netflix indicated that they will be (are?) offering Blu-ray 3D titles?
There are some 3D titles listed (enter 3D in Netflix movie search), but they told me that they are all 2D versions. They are recieving inquiries about it and will announce their intension to carry BD3D's on blog.netflix.com when they decide to do it.
Call or email them if you support this.
Old 12-27-2010, 05:28 PM   #10

Dec 2010

Yes, I did search Blu-ray 3D in Netflix, but it was unclear to me if any of the listed results were actually the 3D Blu-ray editions. Aparently not. Thanks for your reply.
Old 12-27-2010, 06:27 PM   #11
Special Member

Nov 2008
Hollywood, California

Availability of 3D BD is far from ideal but it's remarkable how far things have come just since this thread was started four months ago.

I think the best future avenue for rental availability of 3D BDs is Netflix. Their current system of adjudicating what titles they should acquire for rental that they don't currently offer based upon how many members add the unavailable titles to the "Saved" sections of their Queue is flawed: You can't add something to the Saved section of your Queue if it's not even listed at the Netflix site.

Calling them (1-866-716-0414) and requesting that they rent 3D BD is the best way to highlight rental demand, albeit niche, for 3D.
Old 12-27-2010, 11:07 PM   #12

Oct 2010
United Kingdom

No rental here at Block Buster in the UK that i have scene. I am sure it will pik up in 2011
Old 12-31-2010, 02:31 PM   #13
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2008

I just sent an email to Amazon asking if they plan to stream 3D selections I will let you know their answer.

They have Grand Canyon IMAX, My Bloody Valentine and others listed, but I suspect they are the 2D versions as they are with Netflix.
Old 12-31-2010, 04:42 PM   #14

Aug 2009

Check out the Playstation Network if you have a PS3. They have about 5 3D movies that you can rent.
Old 01-01-2011, 12:03 AM   #15
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2008

Here's the answer from Amazon re rental of 3D movies. Feel free to email or call them to express an interest in having them do it. It may be a while before they or Netflix can work out an agreement/contract with the studios to provide 3D content. There may be an issue with bandwidth as well.

2. Videos on the Amazon Video on Demand store:

Currently, we don't have 3D videos available on the Amazon Video on Demand store.

The Amazon Video On Demand store (http://www.amazon.com/videoondemand) has thousands of high-quality TV shows, movies, and more to buy or rent. We provide many different options for watching your videos so you can choose the option that works best for you.

Visit the pages below for detailed information about buying, renting, and watching Amazon Video on Demand content.

Video on Demand start page: http://www.amazon.com/videoondemand/start

Video on Demand FAQs: http://www.amazon.com/help/videoondemand/faq

The content we offer through Amazon Video On Demand depends on our agreements with content owners. We're constantly working to establish and improve these agreements so we can offer the largest selection of movies and TV shows possible.

Customer feedback like yours is very important to us and it helps us continue to improve the service we provide. I appreciate the time you took to write to us and I have passed your feedback on to our Video on Demand team.

C'mon all you early adopters. Lets push for streaming 3D or downloads at least.
Old 01-01-2011, 12:49 AM   #16
Special Member

Sep 2010
Alaska

sony playstation is best option.You can check the apps on your tv.I know with my sony,there's a app called "Qurosity" or something like that.Directv also has a rental station.
Old 01-01-2011, 05:53 AM   #17
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie374 View Post
Check out the Playstation Network if you have a PS3. They have about 5 3D movies that you can rent.
Thanks. Found 10 3D selections there. New ones seem to be for purchase only. Resident Evil Afterlife 3D download to own is $29.99. 3D downloads for rental are generally $4.99. Pretty reasonable.

Just downloaded and watched 3DNet trailer (free) from playstation store. It was 720P.

I still hope someone manages to provide streaming 3D. Netflix HD only requires about 8 Mbps for X-HD which is 1080P according to my display, so with my 18 Mbps connection I think I could accomodate 3D streaming.
Old 01-01-2011, 05:57 AM   #18
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3DinAK View Post
sony playstation is best option.You can check the apps on your tv.I know with my sony,there's a app called "Qurosity" or something like that.Directv also has a rental station.
Tell me more about Directv. Is the rental service online? Do you have to subscribe to Directv? What kind of selection do they have in 3D. Is it download or streaming?
Old 01-01-2011, 07:42 AM   #19
Special Member

Sep 2010
Alaska

Quote:
Originally Posted by raygendreau View Post
Tell me more about Directv. Is the rental service online? Do you have to subscribe to Directv? What kind of selection do they have in 3D. Is it download or streaming?
yeah you have to have directv.Selection is good.They have a free 3D channel,pay per view(new movies) and espn 3D.I believe it's streaming.I haven't been to impressed with espn3D.But the free 3D channel has some good shows.For me, 3D blu ray is the right way to go.
Old 01-01-2011, 09:10 AM   #20
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2008

I checked out Qriocity via my Bravia TV. Same 3D selection as Playstation store on the PS3. Rental prices seem to be the same. All the Sony 3D movies seem to be there with rental prices based on how recent the release. (4.99 to 7.50). For the PS3 3D selections must be downloaded, then played. With Qriosity 3D selections can be streamed with a connection speed of only 4.5 Mbps.
Has anyone with a Sony 3D TV tried the streaming 3D from Qriosity? Is it 720P?

https://qriocity-en-us.custhelp.com/...w0Sllpaw%3D%3D
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray Movies